[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thinking about getting a rush 72 for backpacking/general /out/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 16

File: rush72-24.jpg (863KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
rush72-24.jpg
863KB, 2000x2000px
Thinking about getting a rush 72 for backpacking/general /out/ goodness.

Any anons have experience with that pack or similar?

Also, post your packs.
>>
>>755715
Yesterday I bought the rush 24 for my archery hobby and bushcrafting. I think the 24 is enough for me, because I need a good handling and not a to big backpack when I am on any archery parkours or soemthing else. For what do you need the 72? Do you really need the 72?
>>
>>755721
I backpack around mammoth lakes and the eastern sierras, usually 3-4 days so I figure the 72 is about the right size.
>>
>>755715
Why does it have so many support straps?
>>
>>755759
compression
>>
File: 6072_2.jpg (60KB, 796x796px) Image search: [Google]
6072_2.jpg
60KB, 796x796px
>>755759
It has a pouch that sort of comes out. Great pack for three - five days. Really comfortable. Too big if you're not doing long treks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX_Fj1agAGM
>>
Just picked up the Rush 12
>>
>>755780
Oops forgot pic
>>
Mate has the rush 72. I have the camelback bfm. Both great bags.
>>
>47.5 L
Seems kinda small. But maybe you put a lot of stuff outside your pack.
>>
Is a normal hiking backpack not cool enough?
>>
>>755804
Not really, there are big differences. The 5.11 backpack series have a total different pocket and backage build.
>>
Don't. I have it and use it almost every day. its great for trips, has a lot of space, but becomes too heavy to quickly.
>>
File: DSCF5272-2.jpg (435KB, 2000x1600px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF5272-2.jpg
435KB, 2000x1600px
Golite Pinnacle, 4500cu at 25oz.

Carries weight (up to about 12kg) really well, beyond that and it's junk as theres little rigidity due to no frame and lightly built straps.

It does me spring to autumn, and anything up to a week unsupported. Beyond that I upsize to an 80l bergen.
>>
File: my_field_recording_packout_rig.jpg (1MB, 3550x1211px) Image search: [Google]
my_field_recording_packout_rig.jpg
1MB, 3550x1211px
posted in another thread but this is my newest pack. i have an ol' 70L eternal frame for proper hiking/camping but picked this up for dayhikes and recording/tography expeditions.

it's a fairly cheep 30L Outdoor Products™ daypack, but it's solid quality and super comfy. my previous daypack was just a Jansport bookbag which is equivalent to being pregnant so it's horrible trying to pack and unpack.
>>
File: image.jpg (439KB, 1280x816px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
439KB, 1280x816px
Goruck GR0 for my daypack
>>
>>755759
So the zippers dont support the weight. Zippers are not good at supporting weight.
>>
>>755856
Are you MJC?
>>
File: 16.png (9KB, 493x402px) Image search: [Google]
16.png
9KB, 493x402px
>>756117
maybe
>>
>>755715
I have one and I´d say if it fits you and you don´t mind the extra weight then get one. Quality wise it seem sturdy enough.

I use mine mainly when traveling by car or train. I would use something lighter and better fitting if I had to actually hike with the bag.
>>
File: rush24.jpg (1MB, 2047x2350px) Image search: [Google]
rush24.jpg
1MB, 2047x2350px
>>755715

Posted the pics several times before but yes, I use the 24 as a daypack and have done for years.

I have the 72 as well but it's a bit too big to lug around casually the way I do the 24. I have used the 72 for 2-3 day trips, but given the weight of the 10000D nylon it's make of I feel long term, and having to lug it long distance the weight of the pack itself (it must weigh around 2.5kg empty I'd say) would make me think otherwise. The offset of this is they are fucking bombproof when it comes to build quality. It has been chucked over hedges, dunked in rivers/Irish sea, fallen out of Landrovers, bounced part of the way down Moel Eilio in Snowdonia and many other stupid things. I've used the 24 as luggage many times internationally ( you can pack a week's worth of clothing, toiletries, and,electronics with room to spare) even a dive bag at one point and genuinely doesn't even have a stray thread.

They are ridiculously organised inside, the side pouches comfortably fit a full 2ltr water bottle each. It may only be a 50ltr bag, but I can get my sleeping bag, Hennessey Explorer hammock, and 3x3 DD tarp in the main section. There is again ample room to squidge in my Jetboil, food, clothing and so on without even touching the zippered sections on the closure flap, or the outer pouches.

One thing I will say is don't go full Mall Ninja with the MOLLE. Another guy I know has a 72 (bought the same time as mine) and he treats it like a Barbie doll where he's constantly weaving in and stripping out random pouches tryin' to look all operator (reality is as we're britbongs the guy stands out like a sore thumb and looks a fucking tool) but in doing this he quite easily doubles the dry weight of the pack. You read that right, 5kg+ if you fuck around with all of the MOLLE stuff. I keep a rolled up dump pouch for foraging and collecting firewood but that is as far as I'd go.
>>
>>756220
But you've yet to explain the cane
>>
>>756269
it's a new hipster fad. post-ironic fashion-ageism. hipsters keep changing their method of subversion so in order to keep hating them you have to keep changing the grounds on which you can hate them. a wiley bunch.
>>
>>755774
Three to five days? With no frame? You must be really good a minimalist camping. I could not imagine taking this little thing for a Five day trip. My back would be killing me.
>>
>>756117
He is indeed.
>>
>>756269
The hand support suggests that he probably needs it because of fucked up knees or something.
>>
>>756269
>>756294

I've explained several times in several threads lol, I need the cane to walk. I had an accident at work several years back which left me with some friendly fun spinal and nerve damage ( ie disabled) which affects my right side, inc my leg. The past year has had me coming out of a bit of a deep dark pit in regards to /out/ and I'm finding whist I cant do most of the stuff I used to enjoy, I can still do some of it ( short hikes ect) on a small scale with planning and a fuck ton of medication.
>>
File: 1413708835945.png (10KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1413708835945.png
10KB, 500x500px
>>756347
sorry to hear that friend. but also happy that you're getting /out/ and making the best of it. i was of course just joshin' about the whole post-ironic hipster stuff
>>
I just came home with a rush24. Lots more pockets than I expected. That's a good problem to have.
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 2448x3264px
>>756565
Too many pockets can be a bad thing.
>>
>>756347
You still go /out/ more than half of this board so good for you. Fuck disabilities right in the pussy. Keep it going bro
>>
>>755863
Damn that's slick. I love that general style of non-blinding solid color not covered in 68ft of loops, straps and fasteners. Thats like the perfect amount of loop.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>756650
That's what drew me to it. Also the fact that it's extremely solidly made, to an extent that puts other backpacks to shame. But it's much more subtle than other "tactical" backpacks.
>>
>>757125
that bag with the velcro would be God's gift to edc.
>>
>>757134
>with the velcro
?
>>
>>757155
*without
>>
File: 20160505_230927.jpg (1MB, 1502x1046px) Image search: [Google]
20160505_230927.jpg
1MB, 1502x1046px
>>756388

s'all cool /out/ is one of the better boards on 4chan, almost an anti-/b/ ina lot of ways. Few trolls and people I would genuinely want to spend time around a fire with.

>>756565
>>756594
Pic related, it's never a bad thing!

Bottom pocket has Milsurp poncho MSR Groundhog pegs, and bungees to use as tarp.

Middle pocket has cooking supplies, inc a couple of 60ml Nalgene bottles, spice pot, folding spatula, brew kit, spork, and a pouch of rat pack muesli, jerkey, and the bands to hold my cane together when it's folded up

Top pocket has my knife and fire making pouch.

You can get a lot into the RUSH 24, more than people realise.

>>756613
Cheers bro. It's a long, slow road ahead but I have a good few goals set. I'm ticking 'em off one by one, and working on progressively bigger things as I relearn to do (in ways I'm able to) things I used to know/enjoy.
>>
>>757156
I'm not sure if it's adhered to the nylon but it couldn't be too hard to remove it. If it's not glued you would just have to pop the seams.
>>
>>757167
Well I'm thinking that they would not have that much trouble making one without it if I contact them. I guess.
>>
>>757156
>molle backpack with no place to put your Duty or Freedom patch.

don't know why you'd bother.
>>
>>757191
because I don't like neither patches or velcro. Molle itself is very nice and useful.
>>
>>755774
>it even has a hipbelt
excellent, does it come in digital camo? I find any other kind of camo looks autistic
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2016x2152px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2016x2152px
>>757237
>any other kind of camo looks autistic
Nigger digi camo is the most autistic camo there is.
>>
File: sperglord.jpg (16KB, 236x305px) Image search: [Google]
sperglord.jpg
16KB, 236x305px
>>757243
Not really, Realtree is clearly the most autistic camo out there.
>>
File: 674567453.png (549KB, 571x393px) Image search: [Google]
674567453.png
549KB, 571x393px
>>757299
>>757243
realtree and ucp are both for shitters.

get the real shit. OD FOR LIFE
>>
>>755715
I have one. I got it as a 3 day pack for afghanistan. It was strapped to the outside of a truck 200+ days one deployment. And i still use it. Everything still works.

Most backpackers might prefer lighter bags with fewer pockets. The rush 72 goes overboard with compartments. Which is great when you need to know where something is fast but most campers probably don't need.

All in all i love mine. But others especially super light types would hate it.
>>
File: 2013_10_kriega-r25.jpg (389KB, 1280x1248px) Image search: [Google]
2013_10_kriega-r25.jpg
389KB, 1280x1248px
Oh a backpack thread, finally.

I need one to use on long trips on my motorcycle, yes I already have other means of luggage and I know riding with a backpack is shite,
but I need something to carry stuff I can't afford to lose like documents and shit and eventually some camping gear if I need to walk a long distance from my bike.

So far I've selected these two, kriega r25 wich is the most comfortable for riding (apparently) and the exped glissade wich seems more versatile and is water resistant, and I can hook shit to the daisyhoops.

My main focus is comfort really, anybody here has any experience and preference on this?

>>757125
>>755863
The goruck was one of the backpacks I was considering,
that looks pretty compact even for being 20lt, nice.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.