[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alberta on fire

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

Any of you guys experienced losing everything you owned in a natural disaster? Ever had to bug out with only a few minutes notice?
>>
>>755709
Chilean here. A fire. lmao
>>
>>755709
Loma Prieta quake.
>>
>>755709
Christchurch Quake in 2011. Had more than a few minutes though. Got everything I needed in 10 minutes.
>>
>>755726
I thought you couldn't prepare for quakes? I thought they just came and you tried to find shelter ASAP
>>
>>755742

You can prepare supplies and stuff beforehand, I live in WA and all our schools we have to bring in a bunch of stuff like food and water to store in the classroom at the beginning of the year.

Was in 4th grade when we had our last "big" quake but it was only a 6.8 so no crazy stuff happened.
>>
Cops came in my house and destroyed all my shit, even goong so far as to toss my pc tower and monitor across the room to 'search'
I had enough time to save my weed, a pipe, my game boy and some tattoo needles/ink. It was all in a tin that i tossed into a bush in the backyard before they kicked in my door and rekt house. They told me after that they were looking for my moms boyfriend who had like 6 warrants because theyre crackheads. They never lived with me and i havent seen her in years. Bastards did 5k+ in damage and never had to pay back shit.
>>
>>755746
>we have to bring in a bunch of stuff like food and water to store in the classroom at the beginning of the year.

What's the point? So you can donate it in case of emergency or they use the school as a storage for their own students? Maybe preparing for a building collapse? Pls elaborate.
>>
Oregon Wildland Fire here just waiting on the call
>>
>>755982
This post is untrue if you are in America/US.
If the recipients of the warrant weren't present they could not search the house. You are a fool to not lawyer up (which PD will have to pay for as well).
>>
>>756010
Nope they beat it in court.
It's fuckin America where the cops can do anything they want. You're a shut in if you still haven't realized that.
>>
File: 1461851435860.jpg (61KB, 780x439px) Image search: [Google]
1461851435860.jpg
61KB, 780x439px
>>755709
If you extinguish the fire, the fire wins
>>
>>756010
>get warrant to search house for fugitive
>person who answers the door tells cops that fugitive isn't home
>cops shrug shoulders and leave

I don't think that's how it works m8
>>
>>756019
>America where the cops can do anything they want
right....
>>756066
>warrant to search house for fugitive
not what was said. He stated they had a warrant for the mum's boyfriend or some shit. What we have here is the OP is a shady character that had obviously had brushes with the law. New Years Eve I had cop's show up at my house by accident. I was in the shower. Got out and heard voices. "WTF???" Cop ID'd himself, had let himself in. Was looking for Joe Shmoe. "Dude, you're fucked, Joe Schmoe never lived here in the past 15 years I have, please leave since I have a towel wrapped around me and I"m feeling uncomfortable you just let yourself in"
Cops say thank you and OK and go.
>>
>>756197
>being this much of an idiot
>>
>>756199
being this much of a close minded fool
>>
>>756019
>>756066
>>756199
Heard a similar analogy recently. Guy has a black eye. When asked why says it wasn't his fault, went to a bar and shit just happened. Guy was asked, but it wasn't your fault last month either, and 3 months ago, and last year.

I bet you're one of those people shit just seems to happen to, right? Never your fault.
Law abiding people don't seem to have your type of problems. The police just don't tear apart your house and destroy your stuff.
>>
>>756206
You make a fuck ton of assumtions just to try and prove your non point. Youre wrong as hell and arrogant to boot so forgive me for not sticking around to argue.
>>
>>755746
Was interesting being outside and watching the pavement literally ripple when the quake hit. It happened to be field day at school so were outside, various games played at stations and the like all day. Administrators in their infinite wisdom decided instead of having us sit in the grass on an open field where nothing could fall and hurt us, we should go back inside and shelter under the desks.
>more male bitches than female started crying
>I was just pleased we probably wouldn't have any lessons that day and confused as to why we went inside

>>755986
Not him but when school started one of the required supplies we had to bring was a shelf stable lunch for emergencies. Think of it as a MRE or emergency ration. You would take a gallon freezer bag and fill it with food items that would be good for a year if needed. It would have your name on it and be placed in a storage tote or something in a designated locking cabinet with other emergency supplies for the classroom.
The idea being that if some natural disaster occurred and we were stuck at the school beyond its capacity to prepare food or otherwise needed to evacuate en masse afterwards, you would at least have one meal that you could take with you before you were entirely dependent on aid. (schools tended to have much less than a week's worth of food stored, I actually worked in the grade school kitchen to get out of class on occasion and they only ever had enough on hand to produce maybe 2-3 days worth of school lunches. the district's distribution center delivered food multiple times per week).
In my experience they were never needed and passed back to the students on the last day of school, pieces would be swapped and eaten ect.

>>756206
>>756242
The things he chose to save were drugs and tattooing supplies. Just think about it, lol.
>>
>>756320
Spoken like a true ignorant white bread Washingtonian. Your parents raised you right, everyone who likes tattoos and weed is a piece of shit who deserves to have his home wrecked.
>>
>how to troll /out/: the thread
>>
>>756335
Having tattoos and hitting the pipe occasionally aren't what make people trashy.
And they obviously weren't there trashing his place in search of his mother's boyfriend, there's more to this than this kid says.
With how offended you are by that comment though, may I ask how big your gauges are?
>>
>>756353
You disbelieve his story just based on you thinking it wouldn't happen. You obviously have an extremely limited view of law enforcement in our country, things like that and worse miscarraiges of justice happen daily and dumb faggots like you turn a blind eye for no other reason that, "That would never happen!"

Protip: You're part of the problem.
>>
Kek holy shit sorry OP didn't mean to derail your thread.
>>
File: add-arrest-1020x594[1].jpg (144KB, 1020x594px) Image search: [Google]
add-arrest-1020x594[1].jpg
144KB, 1020x594px
>>756365
>I bet you're one of those people shit just seems to happen to, right? Never your fault.

>he failed to seek legal recourse and correct an injustice but it's my fault he's poor downtrodden filth and the world is unjust
Oh you.
Know your place scum.
>>
>>756370
>>756019
I went to court 6 times fighting them to get my money back, they ended up winning.
>>
>>756371
Sounds like you can't afford to be right. Maybe set down the needles and pipe and get a job?
>>
>>756372
Just to humor your shitposting ass, I have 570k in the bank, own my own house and car, and make around $35 an hour with benefits and a schedule that I set. Having money doesn't make you immune to johnny law. Go ahead and shitpost away though faggot.
>>
>>756378
So you lost far less than 1% of your net worth and you're crying about it and people disliking 'alt' tards on 4chan, much less comparing it to a disaster?
Never mind the fact that you could not find an attorney worth half a damn with that money and scrambled to throw how much weed out the window before the cops stormed in?
Seriously? Lol.
What do you do? Breed reptiles? Got any sick swords you've traded rare morphs for?
>>
BC here, fires every year, evacuated about 3 times in my life.
Last time the fire could be seen coming over the hill in my backyard, lucky enough the wind changed directions and was finally put under control without damage to my house.

Best of luck to those of you who live in fort Mac.
>>
I'm currently south of Fort Mac with extended family my house is in timberlea aka north side of the city, if it hasnt already its probably going to burn down within the next of the week
>>
>>756426
Just South near Lac St Anne county... apparently another big fire is out of control and I got a notice to be ready to evacuate on a one hour notice.
>>
>>756426
Labrador here. Feel for you anon. We have our fair share of fires, but nothing like this.
>>
>>756384
>shitpost some more
>yessa massa ere i werkt 45 hole secunds on dis wun
>>
>>755982
A warrant for someones arrest is not the same as a search warrant.
For them to ransack your house they must have had a search warrant. If they have that it is because a judge decided there was a reasonable cause for them to search your house. They will wreck your shit and are protected because of that search warrant. Does not matter if they find what they are looking for or not.
>>
>>755986

Its in case the building conveniently collapses around our room and we get trapped inside but we aren't killed. Pretty stupid but it keeps the soccer moms happy I guess. And for community use as well since we were always told our gym was a meeting spot so that's where we'd take everything.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.