[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fishing Kayak

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: Capture.jpg (74KB, 1549x542px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
74KB, 1549x542px
I'm looking for a fishing kayak that I can stand in comfortably while fishing the flats and occasionally go offshore. Right now i'm thinking Malibu stealth. I like that i can stand in it and the live-well will be useful offshore. Does anybody have this kayak and would you buy it?
>>
>>754965
Maybe that pic is distorted but that doesn't look 14 ft to me. Also doesn't look wide or flat/open enough to comfortably stand on.
>>
>>754965
The best way to safely stand and fish in a kayak is by using a set of outriggers/stabilizers. You can make your own out of fishing rod holders, PVC pipe, and crab trap buoys. Or if you are not the DIY type you can pick up a set for around $150 US.
>>
>>755045
Nah plenty of sit in paddle boards are stable enough to stand in.

Unless you have absolutely no ability to balance.
>>
>>755062
Thats nice.
OP didnt ask about paddle boards. He asked about fishing kayaks. Fishing kayaks, unlike SUPs and paddle boards, are made long and narrow. For cutting through water with minimal paddling effort this is a great design. For standing up while casting and reeling in fish not so much.
>>
>>755661
never understood why someone needs to stand up while fishing in a kayak to begin with? I mean unless you had some mobility issues neck/shoulder/back where you physically could not twist yourself enough to cast. I don't see why you would need to stand up, nobody were I live that uses kayaks stands up to fish.
>>
>>755661
>Fishing kayaks, are made long and narrow
Not remotely true. Fishing kayaks are wider than normal yaks. Most are made for standing but OP's picture doesn't strike me as a 'fishing' yak.
>>
>>755668
Have you ever seen a bass boat? 1 seat mounted super hugh on the front. It's to get the best angle for polarized sunglasses to cut glare so you can see fish.

And I thought /out/ was a fairly intelligent board...
>>
>>755682
Bass boats are for rednecks, not intelligent people.
>>
File: anatomy_trident_ultra_4.72.jpg (124KB, 602x298px) Image search: [Google]
anatomy_trident_ultra_4.72.jpg
124KB, 602x298px
>>755674
>fishing kayaks are wide

Those are called canoes. Wouldnt want to stand up and fish from one of those either.
>>
>>755045
>stabalizers
best bet if you want to stand up ina kayak
>>
>>755757
dumber than fucking mud. Did I say I owned a bass boat? Anon asked why stand. I pointed out the reason why and used a bass boat's seat as a reference.
>>755898
>canoes
No, do your own research. Find out the average width of a standard kayak vs the width of a fishing kayak. You'll find fishing kayaks come in close to 36" or so. Much wider for stability as that is the primary need of a fishing yak, not speed.
>>
>>755919
I'm just saying that intelligent people get good jobs, move to the coast, and buy yachts (or go fly fishing for salmon at a fly-in lodge) and quite possibly haven't seen a bass boat.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.