[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

using pre-workout workout supplements during a hike

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

So I've got an intresting idea. I'll preface this by saying i've done some research and couldn't find any mention of it. But has anyone thought about using a pre-workout supplement during a hike or backpack? I would think to have one water bottle with one scoop of diluted C4 in it and another of fresh water. My thoughts are that it would keep you going for longer without tireing or resting. On the other side, would the extra sodium and need for water alongside it make the whole thing pointless? I'd love some feedback.

TL;DR do you hike with C4? is it effective?
>>
>>754369
C4 can cause dehydration pretty quick, so you'd need to bring extra water, especially if it's hot.
I find that the kick doesn't last very long, so unless this is a really intensive hike over rough terrain, it won't help much with endurance. My experience comes mostly from drinking a whole scoop at once for sports and lifting, but taking occasional drinks from a diluted solution may help.
TL;DR I've taken C4, but not while hiking. It probs won't work anyway.
>>
I drink a big can of coconut water before I go. It was recommended to me for cramps, seems to work. I'd be interested in something also. Some days it seems like I can hike forever and sometimes not.
>>
>>754369
There's a reason that marathon runners don't do this. Pre-workout supplements are for shorter events, like doing 40 minutes of circuit training or a HIIT session. For longer events it's more important to keep your blood sugar and electrolytes up, as well as hydrating regularly.
>>
If you're backpacking, pack in the calories anyway you can. I don't think this an efficient way to get calories though. Unless you like it or want to have it, I'm sure there are better things to carry that taste a whole lot better.

No point in having to rely on something for energy if it tastes like shit.
>>
just use caffine pills brah
>>
File: 3av3v5.jpg (16KB, 299x169px) Image search: [Google]
3av3v5.jpg
16KB, 299x169px
C5 is FAR superior.
>>
File: yugiyamiv4.png (181KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
yugiyamiv4.png
181KB, 320x240px
>>755555

>5s on a dead board

Alas, it had to be added to my collection.
>>
>>754369

Bru...no

Go to gym if you want mad gains.

My ritual for food is the following:

>Spaghetti Polonaise night before hike
>Morning eat muesli mixed with plain yogurt and some jam of your choice.(Apricot or berry jam the best if you not sure)
>Strong as coffee so you can take manly shit after all that
>Now the ruff part is eating only fruit like bananas and apples as you are traveling. This avoids feeling bloated and sluggish from heavier food like beef jerky or trail mix(Also careful for salted shit as it fucks you right up regarding hydration
>If you a big guy like Bane take some muesli/chocolate energy bars.
>If you need energy or pushing hard I would recommend Glucose fuel bags or some kind of Glucose based energy drink. For the love of god don't take any caffeine based shit cause it's going to fuck you up.

Once you camp you can do pretty much anything you like. I would recommend having protein bars with your normal food just in case your food some how goes sour or has leakage or spoiled from heat. Make sure the amount of protein is based on what your body mass require and is enough to last 3 days.
>Lastly have Water available and make sure you know of all sources in the area where you will be hiking. Take 5L water bag folded up in your kit and fill close to camp or put your gear down then go an fill it. Boil or filter it as soon as you can.

Always have contingencies especially if you out alone anons...Be safe!
>>
>>754369
I know of two marines and one soldier who have died on ruck marches while on pre-workout.

Can't say I recommend it.
>>
>>756872
they die from the pre workout? going to hard while on it? getting too hyped and falling down some shit? elaborate pls
>>
>>754427
Do you have to shit a lot? Coconut water is a laxative.
>>
>>756880
Not that guy, but I think pre-workout is mostly energy boosting stuff and there's no regulation so there could be strong shit in there worse than caffeine. My guess? Working too hard and causing their hearts to explode due to stress.
>>
>>756872
gonna need some kinda proof on that
>>
Nah man I wouldn't take it. That stuff is my favorite when I'm going to do a lifting day at the gym but for hiking I'd stay away from pre-workouts, just have a nice mug of coffee and a good breakfast before you go out/
>>
>>756972
>>756880
Can't find any articles about them, because everything leads to the fucking helicopter crash a few months ago.

Not sure of the details, when it happened we got a couple hours long brief on why supplements are bad, mmmkay?
>>
>>754369
literally eating shit
>>
protein powder is actually a really good way to carry a month's worth of calories for a long time. the problem is water to reconstitute it, you need liters and liters of the stuff, so it's only really viable if you know water supplies are not going to be a problem. really it's not that dissimilar to any other kind of freeze dried stuff

it's quite viable to live off protein powder so long as you are careful about how you do it
>>
>>756965
>Do you have to shit a lot?
No. But I thought you had to drink a lot of it for that.
>>
>>754369
I've used pre workouts in the morning kinda like some drink coffee. I take creatine as well. I wouldn't suggest drinking pre workout as your only drink though.
>>
>>756872

seconded.

as an avid weight lifter I saw fuck pre workouts. They keep making the news for causing fucked up shit like liver failure and heart attack in otherwise healthy young people. Not regulated by the fda, not worth the risk. Also you don't need it. Just get in better shape if you want to go harder or longer. Way better to do it legit in the long run than use fucked up chemicals as an aid.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.