[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Buying land

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

Hey guys. I am looking at buying some land to build a few small cabins on. The biggest thing is that I want this place to be chilly, like never abover 60° and snowing about six months of the year if at all possible. Is there a website that will filter geographical locations this way? The land purchase will be a place for my friends and I to take vacations, go hiking, etc...

We don't need to own all the land we go hiking on BTW, but it would be nice to be able to do that. I do want to be able to shoot so I would like it to be somewhere that has out to 800m distance nearby that I can shoot (again don't have to own that land, just land near it).

Just wondering if there is a good systematic way to search for this?
>>
File: Cowboy.jpg (316KB, 2016x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Cowboy.jpg
316KB, 2016x1500px
But like how does one "own" land tho?
>>
>>753906
>never abover 60° and snowing about six months of the year if at all possible.

Nigger, do you WANT to freeze to death and die?
>>
>>753906
What's your budget?
>>
I'm also looking to buy land in the soon future. Do you need to get a builder's license for the land when you own it to build a cabin or something?

Also how is buying land in Canada as an American like? I kinda want to buy some land in either the Pemberton area of B.C or maybe more interior B.C.
>>
>>753935
First you dominate the land, then rebuild in your own image.
>>
>>753906
You want northern maine.
>>754617
Alot of remote places (like northern maine) have unorganized territories where there are no building codes or permits needed for stuff like a cabin.
>>
>>753906
>>754713

I'll second Maine.

As for your own research, try looking at climate data on wikipedia, or city-data.
>>
>>753906
Look for something above 10,000' in Colorado, you're not going to find anywhere that never gets above 60° but anywhere in the mountains has at least 6 months of winter.
>>
>>754617
It's pretty good these days, what with the dollar. Just call the local real estate agent, they'll be more than happy to help you out. You might want to try the interior for colder temps, though. Pemberton is near sea level. Maybe try something near Golden or Invermere.
>>
>>753906
Leadville CO here.

that's pretty close to our climate.
except we get into the 70's in summer and it snows far more than six months out of the year.

our vacant land currently runs about $2000/acre for stuff out in the woods.
>>
>>755442
Nice town, what do you do there?
>>
>>753935
>cowboy
>no cows in sight
Weak
>>
What would you guys suggest for a good amount of land if you want a decently isolated cabin with good amount of room to walk around on and some farming land?
like 60-80 acres?
>>
>>755442
Leadville is an interesting place.

I use to live in Manitou Springs and would drive through Leadville when I was going skiing
>>
>>753906
I don't know where you are in the world, but Michigan's Upper Peninsula sort of fits your requirements. Cold climate, tons of snow, relatively cheap land, heavily forested, It does get above 60 though and Michigan's building codes aren't the most lax if you intend to make your cabin an actual permanent residence (you'd need a septic system)

>>756198
It really depends on what neighbors are there and what the surrounding land uses are. 60-80 or more would be ideal I think, but I'd say around 40 at the absolute minimum
>>
>>755442
Wow, Leadville. The last thing I thought when I drove through that town last November was "I bet there's people browsing 4chan here".
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.