[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What i need to travel by foot?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: Trail.jpg (19KB, 300x262px) Image search: [Google]
Trail.jpg
19KB, 300x262px
What i need to travel by foot?
>>
Context: Just got 18 years old, before starting my university i want to travel alone 720 km by foot alone, i dont know what to say to my mom, but i want tips, and opnions about this plan.
If my mother didnt accept what's the plan? go anyway?
My country is not popular doing that, i know is strange doing that on your own country btw.

I dont know how much 700 will take [i think 40 days] but i want to meet people, pick rides, see things, prove myself and have a different feel.
>>
>>753888
Most glorious comrade. Tovarishch. You will be needing good shoes and good work ethic, you will be walking a lot and needing to work along the way. Do not over-arm yourself, it is a good way to get into trouble. Keep good hygiene and clean clothes. Poo in Loo. Also, be realistic. You are traveling four hundred something miles. 40 days may be ambitious for a first timer. Be 18, have fun, get laid.
>>
>>753894
Thanks for the reply, helped me alot , i dont have a good shoes for that. my issues are 3
-Money for food
-How can i tell my mom, if she doesnt allow did i walk out? because i will return someday
-Money, money and money [For tent and shoes].
>>
you're in the wrong thread
vagabond containment elsewhere
>>
feet
>>
>>753897
Basically, as an 18 year old you are a legal adult. You should slowly start thinking about not living with your mother any more either way. She doesn't need to approve of what you're doing, and mothers forgive easily.

But honestly, do smaller distances first. Heading for distances you aren't prepared to is asking for trouble. I knew people who prepared long and hard, and then wondered on routes with tons of support for hikers, but still after couple days developed blisters. Let me tell you - walking couple hundred km on blisters ain't fun. If you're going to remote place, it will be even harder. You don't want to die somewhere in forest, because you're unable to move forward and have no resting conditions.
>>
File: vicarious.jpg (21KB, 341x396px) Image search: [Google]
vicarious.jpg
21KB, 341x396px
>>753897
>Money, money and money
Setup a gofundme account. Alot of us will give just to take vicarious pleasure in your exploits
>>
>>754001
He doesn't sound like he's from US. And gofundme doesn't work outside of US. I know, I wanted to set it up for myself.
>>
What you need for being outdoors for several days.

Bare Necessities:
1. More than enough Water
2. Good Shoes
3. Ways to make fire
4. Food (carbs, protein and fat)

You should have this if you aren't retarded:
5. Med Kit
6. Sleeping Mat
7. Good Knife and knowledge about using it
8. Water filter and/or purification pills

This will make your life easier:
9. Tent
10. Cooking utensils
11. Money
12. GPS / Map
13. Book of edible plants in your target area

Nice to have:
14. Gun
15. Emergency Phone
16. Supplementary nutrients (vitamins, minerals)
17. Something to wipe your ass with
18. Condoms (you never know)
>>
What country are you from m8?
>>
He's Brazilian
>>
>>754013
>Brazilian
He'll die. You cannot safely /out/ in Brasille now.
>>
>>754005
you fail
>>
>>754013
How do you know?
>>
>>754160
why
>>
thanks for the reply <3
>>
>>753888
You'll get better information from the vagabond thread than elsewhere, just be upfront about it being temporary and where you'll be.

PCTA(.org?) And whiteblaze are good places to get info on traveling by foot as well, but the big thing is to just pack as little as possible, appropriate for your climate.

I get away with using just an SOL escape bivvy, thermalite extreme liner, CCF pad and GI poncho (no actual sleeping bag or tent), and a Sierra cup and alcohol stove for cooking in most cases. A change of clothes, water filter and dirty bladder and a flashlight make things a little easier, and I carry a phone with a solar charger as my superfluous entertainment. You can get by with rice, oatmeal, peanuts and raisins if you want to eat cheap, but budget high for food unless you can afford to lose a ton of weight.

You really should take some shorter trips first, especially so you're comfortable using your gear before you need to rely on it, but if you're dead-set on just setting out, make sure you have cash hidden that you can catch a quick ride home with.

As far as your mom goes, it's her job to worry about you. I'm in my thirties and my mother still worries when I take extended trips. Just let her know that you're determined to do this, you'd like her to be supportive and that you'll keep in touch as much as possible, but you can't always guarantee when that'll be.
>>
>>753888
Feet.
>>
>>754005

>Money

Gotta bribe them skinwalkers

>Gun

Don't need em unless you want to hunt. Use bear spray if you live in an area with bears.
>>
>>755800
Those two are for dealing with humans
>>
>>755805

better file that edge down, son
>>
>>755808
>be hundred miles away from everyone you know
>get injured or lose your stuff
Yeah have fun without money. And if you are in a city where you don't know anyone and you have to sleep in the street, on a couch of some random guy or in a bum hole, good luck without a way to defend yourself. It's not edgy to be realistic.
>>
>>755812

Magically you appear in a city out of thin air? You're innawoods, you gigantic diseased perineum
>>
>>755821
>it's hard to get back to civilization in an emergency so you might as well plan for your imminent death

Am I talking to a child? Also even without an emergency, you will have to buy new supplies at some point.
>>
>>753888
OP, don't dress like the person in your image... that person looks like the ones I rob
>>
>>755826
>Am I talking to a child?
Judging from the conversation (if you can call it that), probably either a child or a troll. Either way, just don't reply and it'll probably get bored and leave.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.