[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nature Fiction

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: Church_Heart_of_the_Andes.jpg (3MB, 3787x2080px) Image search: [Google]
Church_Heart_of_the_Andes.jpg
3MB, 3787x2080px
Can you guys recommend any good nature based fiction books? Like an adventure Walden.
>>
>>751134
also white fang
>>
>>751134
kokou no hito
>>
the hatchet/brian's winter
>>
>>751134
I just finished pic related. Really liked it. Basically about fur trappers vs. Indians but a lot of historical info about just the American frontier in general.
>>
File: 9780804169844.jpg (36KB, 289x450px) Image search: [Google]
9780804169844.jpg
36KB, 289x450px
>>751172
Fuck, forgot the image.
>>
>>751173
And you forgot to tell us how was it..
>>
>>751177
I said I liked it.
>>
My side of the mountain is a very good /out/doors book, cosy as fuck with his little hollowed out tree home.
>>
Thanks a lot guys, some really good books here
>>
>>751195
I came here to say this. My Side of the Mountain was something I read due to an interest in nature, but it's what kicked off my dream of wanting to become intimately experienced with it and I've read it every year since I was 12.

The Crossing by Cormac McCarthy is very good. It starts in the 1930's near the Animas mountains in New Mexico. A 16 year old son of a rancher goes into the dangerous, desolated Animas to find a strangely intelligent she-wolf and it turns into a grueling epic. Part of McCarthy's "Border Trilogy".

The Tracker and The Search by Tom Brown Jr. The Search is the sequel to the Tracker. Tom Brown Jr. is one of the world's best trackers and survivalists, and these books detail his decades' long process of intense training of skill and spirituality alike to reach the point that he has achieved.
>>
I've been reading the Eragon books while innawoods
>>
Any Farley Mowat. The Englishman's Boy by Guy Vanderhaeghe. Got to Guy to sign some books for me. He seemed shocked hearing i drove four hours to get there.
>>
Do you like horror? Try Algernon Blackwood. Specifically The Wendigo
>>
Watership down. Also rabbits are fluffy except when they die...
>>
>>751285
4chan is 18+ friendo
>>
Shardik
>>
File: 1461640180356.jpg (3MB, 3993x2387px) Image search: [Google]
1461640180356.jpg
3MB, 3993x2387px
>>
>>751134
Not sure if it counts as /out/, but Heart Of Darkness is a great man-vs-savage type book. I always carry it with me for those comfy summer sunsets. Also, "The Swiss Family Robinson" and "Robinson Crusoe" are pretty much essential /out/ reading material.
>>
>>752438
r00d

I read them in high school and I'm rereading them partly out of nostalgia but also because they're fun and adventure-y. Obviously they're not literary masterpieces but I don't feel like trudging through Tolkien or McCarthy when I'm camping.

Bookfags are so elitist
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.