[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

r8 my knot / 8

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: davy.jpg (31KB, 451x598px) Image search: [Google]
davy.jpg
31KB, 451x598px
r8 my knot / 8
>>
>>751093
Well it ain't no palomar...
>>
>>751093
3 needs to be 4 and you need a 3. I can see what happens but it's not clear to casual knotters.
+ what
>>751102
said. Palomar = GOAT
>>
File: image.jpg (44KB, 464x470px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 464x470px
>>751102
Yup
>>
>>751128
Looks like a figure 8 knot with a fishhook caught in it.
>>
File: image.jpg (23KB, 320x230px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23KB, 320x230px
I've always used the "improved" clinch knot. Never had one fail.
>>
>>751206
>line only goes through the eyelet once
I highly reccommend you try out the Palomar. I used to tie knots like the cinch knot but after using the Palomar a bit, it's the best choice for most situations.

Palomar tops a lot of the knot strength tests too. You would be suprised how much strength you lose with certain knots.
>>
>>751242
Not that guy, but when I used the improved clinch I never had the line snap at the hook. If it did snap it was always somewhere else.
>>
>>751093
Trilene knot master race reporting in
>>
>>751206
>>751242
> not using trilene, the "improved" improved clinch knot

palomar is better if you use braid though. However, I have a habit of using trilene when not using braid. In certain situation, it is more convenieny like when tying on a leader line on a swivel for carolina rig and i can't really loop the knot around to complete the palomar
>>
>>751093
i and 2 show a basic clinch knot, in fisherman terms. it rope terms it is a half hitch. but picture 3 is not exactly lying, but it isn't true. it shows all the fuck ups of your shit knot, but the average moron will think it is extra knots or protection.

if you can't tie the golden knot you shouldn't be able to even talk to people about knots. i met sappers that couldn't tie it correctly..

BOWLINE:

take the end of the line. take out 4-5 feet. make a loop at that point. a very small loop, let the rest of the line rest.

take the tag end of the line and pass it through the loop you just made. from the underside as you are holding it. i assume you passed the tag end of the rope on top of your original rope, so pass the very tag end under trhough your loop.

ok so now you have the tag end through the loop and a rope going back towards your bellybutton. pass the threading rope under the bellybotton rope, then back above it to put it in the loop you made 2 steps ago.

now grab the bigger loop on your left with the tag end of the rope you just paid so much attention to. and with your right hand grab the rest of the rope. pull tight.

you just made the most important knot known to man. it is called a bowline. it has 98% strength of the rope. and it can actually be untied if needed no matter the strain.
>>
>>751491
Bowline's good to know, but it can untie itself. People have died.
>>
>>751502
a bowline under no stress can untie itself, but if you are tying a knot it should probably be under stress.

i spent 8 years on the water. i still have a 200 ton license. i can deckhand better than your grandma. i can nail a bollard at 20 yards. i can wrap a pipe in 2 seconds. i have actually pushed the galaveston channel during a huricane. on a fucking bucking barge.

yea i know some knots. and yea some climbers are fucking stupid. but the best knot in pretty much any situation is the bowline.
>>
File: image.jpg (653KB, 1681x1580px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
653KB, 1681x1580px
>le best knot
>>
>>751242
>>751476

Can you untie a palomar though? Or do you have to break it every time
>>
>>751643
it's for a hook or a lure, you cut off the 2" of line it takes to tie it and tie another one on. You wouldn't want to reuse knotted/unknotted section of line as it's integrity would already be compromised.
>>
>>751140

i fly fish though anon, hook eyes too small for that
>>
>>751605
monkey balls are fun but they are not the best knot. and if you even know how to tie one you probably know how rarely it is used outside of the one legitimate use. hauling lines.
>>
>>751643
Who the hell unties fishing knots?

>>751476
I hate the Trilene knot
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2276x1709px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2276x1709px
>>751724
>monkey balls
It's a monkey's FIST, you insufferable twit

>they are not the best knot
What is sarcasm?
What does whoosh mean?

>if you even know how to tie one
Pic related
>>
>>751829
>>I hate the Trilene knot
you, you double-nigger.
>>
File: albrightknot.jpg (61KB, 275x304px) Image search: [Google]
albrightknot.jpg
61KB, 275x304px
anybody else use the albright knot to join fly line to leader? I always use this over the nail knot.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.