[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/Vagabond General/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 40

File: 1453994574002.png (111KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
1453994574002.png
111KB, 540x405px
Inevitable Curve of Modern Culture Edition

Vagabonds, Bums, Homeless, soon to be homeless or those thinking about it; ask questions and share tips itt.
>fellow DeadBeats
Do we need a pastebin with some basics? (Gear, etiquette, basic survival tips?)Websites with resources? If you have any good links, (allstays, hoboshoestring) let me know and I'll add them.

>those thinking about trying a variation of the life
Tell us a little about your situation and maybe where you're located, we'll try to give you some advice. The best advice is nothing though compared to experiencing it yourself, we all started somewhere and often it was diving in headfirst. If you're homeless or worried about becoming homeless and need guidance, perhaps we can direct you a little.

>people who are salty and feel the need to tell us
We're not here to discuss how to get out of the situations we're in or whether we should be in them at all.
/r9k/ is that way -->
>>
Still the same OP? Ugh we really need to make a proper OP with information and gears lists and stuff but oh well we're all lazy bums.
>>
is that me? lol
>>
>>749847
its too broad i think.
>>
File: jvm2T6q.jpg (96KB, 599x925px) Image search: [Google]
jvm2T6q.jpg
96KB, 599x925px
Ok. Hobo gear pastebin.

2 sets, shoestring budget for those forced to vagabond and hobo-chic for those who go into this with money.

Links to a couple ebooks (art and science of dumpster diving, urban living, retard level fishing, firestarting, etc)

Maybe links to work for board sites, hobo hotspots,

I don't know I'm spitballing here
>>
File: 14617173689420.jpg (65KB, 1024x225px) Image search: [Google]
14617173689420.jpg
65KB, 1024x225px
>>749863
>>749847
I know I know, it crept up on me before I could throw something together. I've been moving on to the next town almost every day for the last month. It's fine though, we're only on thread 4 or 5. And it is a broad topic, beyond the basics and links there's not much else to put I think.
>>749872
Good ideas, and I think beyond what you've listed most else would be explained best when asked
>>
A motherfucker should just ask a dude a question. Then theyll have all the answers and shit.
>>
>>749878
True, but when the thread ends up being the same question asked a hundred different ways people get sick of spoonfeeding and repeating the same shit.

It'd be easier to have the faq answers in the Op to stop the "what x do I need for y ?"questions
>>
>>749882
Id rather have personal questions so the answers can be tailored to provide the most use to the anon. Gear cam be covered easily enough for a sticky.
Bare bones
>backpack
>tarp
>sleeping bag
Little more?
>pillow
>sleeping pad
>hammock
>milsurp poncho liner
More?!
>cell phone
>camp tools
>headlamp
>portable solar panel
Weapons?!
>smiley
>dusters
>metal flashlight
What not to have??
>gun
>heavy drugs (little bit of pot wont get you innajail, ymmv on state laws)
Do:
>busk
>gas jug
>fly a sign
>sleep in the bushes
Dont:
>be aggro
>steal from friends
>blow up the spot

etc.
>>
>>749892
Expand on gear?
>tent
>thermal layer
>more tarps
>boots
>sidewalk slam
>trash bags
Include brands? Though most of my shit came from pawn/thrift stores.
>>
>>749902
Brand isn't really important, though I figured I'd put advice like "don't get a Wal-Mart tier bag and expect it to hold up" and to look at product reviews before you go dropping dosh on something if your dosh is thin, along with where to look for gear.
>>
most of the questions are always ''HEY OP!WHY AM I SUCH A SCARED LITTLE BITCH"
>>
>>749916
Milsurp
>cheap
>ALICE backpack
>5 dollar sleeping pad
>any level sleeping bag you need, down mountain bags had for 30 bones
>coats/winter shit
Amazon
>tent
>hammock
>solar panels
>water filter
>any random shit you can think of
Thrift stores
>clothes
>packs
>boots
>blankets
Food
>bum feeds
>foodies
>dumpsters
>white boxes
>>
File: CYMERA_20150704_020403.jpg (120KB, 384x512px) Image search: [Google]
CYMERA_20150704_020403.jpg
120KB, 384x512px
>>
>>749931
Most of the questions are
>im about to be homeless wat do
>>
File: 0406141609a.jpg (328KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
0406141609a.jpg
328KB, 2048x1536px
lab rats bruddah.
>>
>>749993
>dorms
>ever
>>
is it possible to be white, homeless, and not have dreads?
>>
>>750041
yes.
>>
>>749823
I used to do lots of meth and stay up all night in McDonald's and I used to eat nothing but donuts, for which I earned money by foraging for empties in dumpsters. Does that count as living the vagabond life, or do I need to be a hipster poser who makes the "lifestyle choice" to mock people who are less fortunate or fucked in the head?
>>
>>749892
curious why >no guns from someone who knows the respective gun laws all up an down the east coast states. having a gun is just fine. even better with a CWP. also if you're bumming out of a car, or off a motorcycle, having a gun is even better because you can legally in every state keep it inside your car/motorcycle. >well if its inside how are you suppose to get to it if you're gonna use it? well.. you keep it inside when you're traveling, and keep it close when you're poking up for a night. a cop's not gonna stop you unless you're trespassing. and a cop is very unlikely to trash all your shit. sew a simple Velcro patch to the inside of your sleeping bag, with the other half the velcro on your holster. and you're pretty much good.

im still curious as to your reason for >nogunz tho. besides the standard, im a hipster and gunz are scary.!
>>
File: pepesection.jpg (301KB, 540x570px) Image search: [Google]
pepesection.jpg
301KB, 540x570px
>>749823
What's the best gun for shooting hobos? I was thinking .410 with birdshot to make sure they suffer before I finish them off, but part of me also wants to see the effects of a high-velocity round like a .254 Weatherby. Bow hunting advice would be especially appreciated.

Disposal of the carcasses is also a concern. Will a hole and some quicklime do it, or do I need to do the whole deal with destroying teeth and such?
>>
>>750107
/k/ is for hobo killin' fantasies m8
>>
File: r.sine.com.png (284KB, 658x1180px) Image search: [Google]
r.sine.com.png
284KB, 658x1180px
Does anyone have experience with the hellcat mod for Alice packs? I'd it worth the extra bit of dosh?

>>750110
Actually /k/ is about shooting kebab and the ocassional nignog
>>
>>750112
*is it
Phone loves autocorrecting "is" to other things for some reason
>>
>>750053
> a cop's not gonna stop you unless you're trespassing
>a cop is very unlikely to trash all your shit.

cops stop vagabonds all the time and have no problem going through any bags to find contraband
you can be minding your own business not affecting anyone and you'll get the attention of cops
also guns are worth money and if the wrong traveller finds out you have something that valuable it's either getting stolen or you're using it, neither are things you want to happen
>>
>>750107
>disposal of a body no one will miss
Yeah you better make sure you wipe down the scene for fingerprints too
>>
>>750049
You need a black bandana. Without a black bandana youre just a bum.
>>
>>750053
Cops will kill you. Also youre never going to need it, so dont /k/ it up and say better with than without because the only thing a guns gonna do on the road is get your ass in trouble or killed.
Dont believe me? Just google cops kill homeless for proofs. Dont need to give them any reason to end your ass.
Not to mention youre never gonna need to use it, which leaves standard /k/ shitposting as the one and only reason to carry. You may get into a fight or two, but those are no reason to end a life and any physical inadequacy should be dealt with by you and not covered up by a pistol.
>>
>>750049
Depends on your mindset while you were in the situation, though judging by your post I'd say you were a bum not by choice, addicted not only to a substance which ruled your life, but also addicted to ideas and concepts that allow you to think of yourself as not so pathetically dependant and that the state of your life is out of your control.

Also you need a black bandana. Brown will work too.
>>
Any good vagabond forum out there with good information on what you need to have, and guides, tips etc.?
>>
>>750202
Squattheplanet
/r/vagabond
>>
Post CCG pls
>>
>>750207
Thanks, Squattheplanet looks very good
>>
How do the eurohobos get by without knowing languages? Moving from Portugal to Sweden means a lot of languages I'm not familiar with
>>
>>750202
Squattheplanet is basically the main place, and I'd be wary of taking advice from reddit-especially when the guy who runs r/vagabonds list of "I seriously use this often" gear includes multiple water keys, saws and a "hobo multi tool" along side a fence cutter and a monkey's fist.

A few anons already described the trouble with being targeted by police and your gear gone through, which is a problem in some areas and others not at all. Though my stuff has only been ran through when I was already committing a minor crime (trespassing, etc) and I've been let go with my things, it doesn't mean a cop is going to look past all your tools and 'weapons'.

If you check out STP they have links to other small websites with resources depending on what brand of vagabonding you do

>>750210
No, you'll only ever get one in person.
>>
How many litres is a large alice pack?
And would you recommend it? Looking for a pack that will last me years.
>>
>>749823
If you are going to have this be a recurring thread you need to # it correctly
>>
>>750240
Says who?
>>
>>749823
It could be helpful to have a short dictionary, too so that newcomers can follow the topic. Busking, spanging, leather-tramping, etc.
>>
File: 1446554343909.jpg (326KB, 1100x880px) Image search: [Google]
1446554343909.jpg
326KB, 1100x880px
>>750228
English?
>>
>>750242
supercoolnonconformistinthehouse
>>
If i have to cheap out on backpack, tent or sleeping bag what would be best?
>>
File: 120716_003.jpg (120KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
120716_003.jpg
120KB, 480x640px
>>750302
tent .you can find shelter .get a couple camo tarps.if you need a new tarp steal some tyvek
>>
>>750302
You can skimp on the tent. Just get a tarp, gorilla tape it into a long pouch. You can pitch the opening with a stick or a cord tied into a tree.
>>
>>750340
>>750342
True, thanks
>>
Ok, so I have like zero experience being homeless, but if I did ever end up wandering the country, I'd think about taking some of these:

Garmin Foretrex 401 Waterproof Hiking GPS
http://www.amazon.com/Garmin-Foretrex-401-Waterproof-Hiking/dp/B002EOSQII

Flint & Magneseum Bar
http://www.amazon.com/SE-FS374-All-Weather-Emergency-Everything/dp/B0010O748Q

Water Filter
http://www.amazon.com/Sawyer-Products-Water-Filtration-System/dp/B00FHRADQ2

Solar Charger
http://www.amazon.com/Anker-2-Port-Charger-PowerPort-iPhone/dp/B012YUJJM8

Waterproof External Battery
http://www.amazon.com/Waterproof-External-Battery-Shockproof-Multifunctional/dp/B01AJOFL7I

You could definately do without the last two, but I feel like the first three are utilitarian as fuck and would pay for themselves. The Foretrex 401 uses AAA betteries for fucks sake, and anyone who might wanna travel outside of big cities or highways should scrape together the money to get it if they can.
>>
>>750517
The solar charger would be then most useful thing, I think, and even then only slightly. You overestimate how self sufficient you need to be in regards to gear. Sure, those things would extend your time spent innawoods a long ways from anything for a while, but rarely are you going to be away like that when traveling normally. A smart phone would suffice for most gps, as would a lighter for starting fires(and lighting a smoke)

You have to think practicality and simplicity anon. Just because they make a backpack that's also a tent/sleeping bag, does it mean you should get it for your vagabond travels?

Though if I had to pick my own meme tier gear, it would be a wrist rocket with a whisker biscuit fixed to it so you could fire arrows.
>>
>>750530
Yeah, I mostly compiled the list because figuring out small but useful shit I could take with me is more fun to imagine than the reality that a smartphone and a bit of cash is really all you need besides a backpack and sleeping bag
>>
>>750535
Boots are important and people forget about them often. Don't skimp on boots if you can help it.
>>
Well. I'm more of a NEET traveler than vagabond. I pretty much use my motorcycle for all things go. It helps too, because when you're out on the road exploring the states, fellow motorcyclist are real easy to bro-up with for the night. [no homo]

I do have a cellphone, only because my parents give a fuck about me, and basically want to make sure I always have it so if I need it, and for them to always have a way to call me on it, they pay for it though. I also make it a habit to have enough cash from where ever I'm at to get to my parents home encase I need to get back quickly.

also Gas money > food money.

sucks huge dick being stuck in a town where you cannot find any work, but not enough cash to fill up and head to the nearest city.

Minute rice is bro-food but you have to be able to boil a cup of water. if you don't feel like making a fire, or cant. having a can of kidney beans is second tier bro-food. a can of kidney beans is your best bang for you buck. offers both types of fiber for healthy stool, and 350cals per can.

keeping a cheap bottle of whiskey on you is good for making crazy ass city bums, fuck off.

I don't smoke. Cigs or pot. but keeping a pack of cigs and a lighter on you is good for conversation starting with smokers. normally marlboro reds works the best. if you are high in nigger town, marlboro menthols.
I don't do any hard drugs.
I drink booze maybe 2/3 times a year.
I use to have long hair past my shoulders but I cut it short late last year.
I rarely beg for money, sometimes I do because im low on cash and just ask people for 5 bucks for gas. Don't every imply that you just want 5 bucks. most people don't carry cash on them, and they think you want 5 bucks to do drugs or some shit. imply if you can that they can prepay your pump, or just let you tap into their pump for 5 bucks worth. Also don't be annoying about it. middle class people are more likely to give you 5 bucks then some rich asshole.

ALWAYS be looking for work. never stop.
>>
>>750517
A powerbank and solarcharger are nice but pretty useless for what i do. I only use my phone to go on the internet and the only time i have internet i can charge my phone anyway.

The rest is bear grylls tier gear. Bring a lighter and you can boil any water and drink it. Done.
>>
>>750565
>how to have a shitty time on the road: the post
>>
>>750342
I did this once. I woke up in a pool of sweat and nearly froze getting out to dry off. I immediately switched to an SOL escape bivvy (breathable, reflective tyvek) and now I use that almost exclusively with just a liner and pad.
>>
>>750689
NAH, my definition of fun is not getting shitfaced, or being a leech on society. I just wanna travel around. wander around, until you know what home is. is my motto. :) ill let you know when I figure it out.
>>
>>750717
>implying
nah youre doing it wrong and giving yourself a harder time. by all means though, irl shitpost away
>>
>>750719
Nothing I do is hard? being a desk jockey is more hard then what I do. working at starbucks is harder then what I do FFS.
>>
>>750719
Yeah what the fuck is hard about riding from town to town? Are you actually RETARDED or just trolling to be a piece of shit?
>>
>>750724
>>750727
sperging out isnt gonna help you, and im not gonna spell it out for you because youre a faggot.
>>
File: Ha0jT5Q.jpg (53KB, 769x651px) Image search: [Google]
Ha0jT5Q.jpg
53KB, 769x651px
There isn't much you need when you're a hobo. As long as it fits in the stick and bindle you'll be fine.
>>
File: thisisbait63x63.png (4KB, 63x63px) Image search: [Google]
thisisbait63x63.png
4KB, 63x63px
>>750728
also you responded to, two people. FYI
>>
Do you guys save up money for this? Or do you offer "services" for money?
>>
>>750736
then two of you are retarded, congrats.
>>
>>750565
When you're just vagabonding around with your motorcycle, where do you park it? I'm pretty paranoid about people fucking with my bike, and I have a low ass cruiser that I wouldn't be able to take in the woods or anything. I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving it in a parking lot while I fucked off to the woods.
>>
>>750738
>I can't offer a legitimate answer for something
>the other guy is retarded

Found the shitposter!
>>
>>750737
learn to swing a hammer, hang sheet rock, read a tape measure, and speak English. and you'll get a framing job over any fucking Mexican out there.

I have a tape measure/speed square/favorite hammer/magnet screw driver set. that I keep on my motorcycle while traveling, along with some tools I know I'd need to do any repairs on my bike. but my bike is old and very simple to work on, its pretty much 10/12mm sockets, 4/5/6mm allens and 2 pairs of needle nose vice grips. I have to change the jets on the carbs about every 5000 feet, if im going to be there long, otherwise my bike runs hot.
>>
>>750742
you cant even work out what i said in the first place, call it whatever makes you feel best, faggot.
>>
>>750746
Here's your free (You)
>>
>>750741
I've got about 5 inches of clearance under my bike. not much either, you prob have about just as much. I can take it on fire trails and such if I take it real easy. large gravel is the most hard to handle with just normie street tires.

If I have to be in a city, and I can't find someone whos willing to let me camp in their backyard while im there.

I just look for where truckers park.. park with them, setup camp right near my motorcycle. attaching a guide line or two to the bike to make sure you would get woken if anyone dicks with it. The fear of losing your bike never goes away imo.. but a thing that helps a lot I think. is ride a bike NOBODY wants. also the more shit-tastic it looks, people will just look at it, nobody would want to steal it. lol unless you left the key in the bike, then some low life might steal it for a few easy shekels.

housing community's with public pools/parks are pretty good to keep your bike parked over night too.

CVS's/24/7 drug stores normally don't care either, unless they've got a problem in the past with over-nighters but most don't. and have Cameras all around the stores so if it does go missing, the cops will get a pretty clear picture, just be mindful of trying to park directly in front of the camera for the best angles/no blind spots.
>>
>>750753
Good advice. Yeah, I just checked and my bike has 5.5" clearance. So you literally just run a tarp from your bike to the ground like a tent? I'd like to do that, not sure about parking near other people though, especially since I'm a fucking light sleeper.
>>
>>750565
>im more of a NEET

Disregard everything after this. That other anon is right by the way, you dont know shit and it shows.
>>
>>750756
No I use a tent, that is both free standing or can be staked. so I can camp-up on concrete. so I can attach a line or two to my bike. you can use a tarp tho. but I find at least on the east coast, you really cannot escape mosquitos..

i'd say for the first week of travels. do shorter days, no matter what if you're a light sleeper. because youre gonna get like 5 hours of sleep a night. and you're lucky if your brain goes into any REM sleep. just how it is.

it will help if before you leave, gather all your sleeping gear you will use. and throw it up on your bedroom floor, or garage floor. and sleep there a month before so you're more prepared.

and sometimes sleeping near a freeway is easier then sleeping near some trees. crickets are natures sound cancer. most annoying fucking things, frogs/toads mating are a close second.
>>
File: 14618687242970.jpg (221KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
14618687242970.jpg
221KB, 1024x768px
>>751036
I'm not going to say you don't have some good advice like the other anon but

>crickets(cicadas) and toads
>nature's noise cancer

Anon pls
>>
File: image.jpg (34KB, 248x189px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 248x189px
>>750116
>falling for the fingerprints meme
>>
>>751036
>sleeping by a freeway
>bugs are noise cancer
dig that hole
>>
>>750161
Here's your (you)
>>
>>750749
>>751103
Here's your (you). Stop being retarded.
>>
My dad keeps alternating between homeless and not. He's lived in a park with hippies and on the streets. I should direct him here. Thank you guys for having this thread, I bet it'll help some people.
>>
>>751050
>>751042
confirmed for never left their parents house for more then a a week.
>>
File: 1461626191171.jpg (1MB, 1934x3061px) Image search: [Google]
1461626191171.jpg
1MB, 1934x3061px
>>751114
I dont even know if this is irony or not
>>
File: 14618771419260.jpg (925KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
14618771419260.jpg
925KB, 2048x1152px
>>751132

Anon pls

Pls

>>751136
>doxxing yourself
GOML
>>
File: image.jpg (182KB, 700x1278px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
182KB, 700x1278px
>>751136
A little hard core, but mostly jaded ourcast.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good travel guitar?
>>
>>751152
Only one option
>>
>>751179
I'm so sorry, who shilled this to you, sir? Have you seen the Dreadnaught Jr. though?

Anyway, I was thinking more along the lines of like an old parlor guitar.
>>
>>751152
Look at a washburn rover. I have one, along with a yamaha folk 1. Theyre both nice, but the washburn fuckin oozes quality and sounds perfect.
>>
>>751186
Cheap to moderately inexpensive easily replaced kind.
>>
>>751179
That thing is shit
>>
Who /harmonica/ here
Light, compact and people love it. It really fits the hobo picture.
>>
>>751049
Are you retarded or illiterate?
>>
File: 1437149274318.png (576KB, 850x466px) Image search: [Google]
1437149274318.png
576KB, 850x466px
>>749823
are you guys actually homelesss?
How do you access the chon?
>>
>>751241
Goes good with guitar. Solo is weird.
>>
>>751281
I post from my phone for $30 a month, though sometimes I go without service and then I only post from WiFi.

I'm in my camp/squatspot right now, actually
>>
>>751281
BK baby
>>
>>751281
Phone with data, i have some bills. Its no big deal.
>>
>>750210
ccg?
>>
>>751349
He means a crew change.
>>
>>751351
wat?
>>
>>751360
Music band
>>
I'm looking at unemployment dead in the eyes and I'm over thousand miles away from anyone I know.

I'm still employed for the time being and I'm preparing to take off. I could probably find another job but if not I'm not going to stress myself out. I'm going to take my folding bike, travel across america, and fly to europe in hopes of accessing healthcare and tuition.

I've been homeless before and I don't own many things. I am in my physical prime so I figure I could bike a few thousand miles. But I've never taken on anything quite like this.

My plan is to get a bivy and stealth bike camp. My daily expenses are mainly going to be food, gym membership for showers, cell service, and washing clothes. I figure I can reduce my living expenses to around $250 a month, with a daily goal of making $15 a day online or locally.

Any advice?
>>
File: feel.gif (826KB, 696x478px) Image search: [Google]
feel.gif
826KB, 696x478px
>>751366
Bumping because I'm not far from your situation if this year continues the way that I anticipate.
>>
>>751366
where I hope to travel.

I'm interested in using the time and experience to learn different cultures and langauges. I develop software and electronics so it would free time for me to work towards those goals.

I intend to leave with one water resistant backpack. My bivy, sleeping pad, and other slightly bulky items will be discretely stored in a small locked basket on the rear of the bike.
>>
>>751366
>>751368
Cant really help you riggt now because im exhausted but the most important thing is: if you dont want to be homeless, dont prepare on going homeless, focus on getting money and paying your bills.
I only recommend the vagabond life if you absolutely want to do it for personal reasons, not because youre in trouble right now and youre looking for an easy way out.

Gonna hit the sack now, good night.
>>
>>751366
>60 dollar sleeping pad
Glorified cardboard
>>
>>751373
It's not about that even. There's just a lot of stuff playing out in every corner of my life. I've got my VA disability check coming every month and it will just be easier for everyone if I withdrew. There's peace of mind in it for me.
>>
>>751360
It's a list that tells you where the rape gangs are gunna be next, so you can avoid them
>>751366
You'll be fine. Try to spend less than that, don't plan to make it to Europe any time soon. You can get "tuition and housing" here if you jump through the hoops.

Like the other anon though, I need to get to sleep and my data is so slow I can't read your image, I'll try to respond tomorrow and help.
>>
>>751136
>not surfing/posting on the toilet

What are you doing with your life.
>>
>>751404
Wait what!? Rape gangs?
>>
>>751362
..wat
>>
>>751373
The way I see it, life is going to have it's ups and downs either way. I've been homeless multiple times, and the times I chose it were always better than the times I didn't. In foster care it was liberating, as a teenager it was freedom, but when I had no other options as a younger adult it was horror. Ideally I'd look at it less as being homeless and more as earth being my home. The main difference being sleeping inside a house vs sleeping where ever you can.

If I got another job I could continue to pay bills. Maybe even slowly move out of this current situation to a more stable one. But my body will grow old selling my time in exchange for the idea of stability. Its easy to romanticize traveling no doubt... but even easier to idealize working through your youth.

>>751382
I cant attest for it, but theres quite a difference between a compact air mattress and a peice of cardboard. The two arent mutually exclusive either, maybe even better together. It inflates with human breath and is designed to insulate. It also packs small and light.

What I can say from having been homeless in the snow is that I don't want to ever freeze like that again. Step one is protecting agaist the snow and moisture with a bivy, step two is getting off the cold ground. Air is the lightest insulator, and the grooves in the pad keep the heat beneath the sleeping bag.

Considering that I'd be biking long distances, my back comfort is worth $60 to me.
>>
>>751404
Considering that a one way flight is a few hundred dollars it probably wont be until I'm on top of my hustle really.

The $250 monthly spending breaks down to

>$75 student loan payment
>$30 GSM service with data
>$30 Nationwide gym membership
>$20 Laundry costs
Rest towards food and hygiene

Once I can annihilate student loan payments it would be about $175. Most of my diet is vitamins, minerals, fiber supplements, protein powders, and fruits/vegetables - the goal is to eat cheaply but not to risk malnourishment and its accompanying health issues doing it.
>>
>>751422
Wash your clothes in a stream brah
>>
File: rsz_0428161740b_hdr.jpg (285KB, 747x1328px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_0428161740b_hdr.jpg
285KB, 747x1328px
Couple pics of an owl from earlier in the camp spot
>>
File: rsz_0428161741a_hdr.jpg (349KB, 747x1328px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_0428161741a_hdr.jpg
349KB, 747x1328px
Its a barred owl, theyre all over the place out here right now
>>
>>751496
>>751497
Nice find dude, I love owls
>>
>>749823
Either way I'm commiting suicide at one point.
>>
I was homeless in Detroit. Squatted in a old house. Only 2 people on the entire block. Nice black dude lived across from me stole power and water. Sometimes he would let me charge my phone. He turned the water on in a house next to me using some tool. So I always had water. Made friends with 4 dogs. Would dumpster dive to feed all of us. Constant house fires and sometimes gun shots. Police only ever came up to me once and left me alone after seeing I was white. Wasn't a bad time. Just couldn't walk around at night. Did once but had a black muscular pitbull that a group of nignogs didn't see as they approached me. They ran after she stepped into the light. But never went out after dark again. Met a cool bro named hot sauce, the guy across from me was named 2 cents, and a gang banger ginger nig named red who stole my guitar as the dogs tried to attack him. Good times.
>>
>>751366
This definitely depends on your current location, but I'd try to buy everything other than the bike parts used and locally. Craigslist and thrift stores may be a good place to start. You could save a lot of money that way.

Just from your brief description I'd guess that you're not likely gonna want to dumpster dive, but if you learn to dumpster then your can easily eat really well for free. Food banks too, but I know a lot for them require you to show a piece of mail to prove you live locally. Free feeds too. All of that definitely depends on location, but one thing I know is that there's a lot of free food across the USA. Staying well fed can be very easy if you learn how.
>>
>>751369
I haven't done any bicycle touring YET, but I've camped with my touring bike before. I don't know how much you've looked into it and I don't know what your bike is setup like. That said, I don't think it's possible to be very discreet when bike touring / vagaboning? How big of a backpack are you intending to ride with? Storing all that stuff in a discreetly stored, small, locked basket doesn't seem likely to me. You've probably given it a lot of thought though, right?
>>
File: ccg.png (160KB, 367x499px) Image search: [Google]
ccg.png
160KB, 367x499px
>>750210
you will never geeeet thiiis.
>>
>>751418
It sounds like you know what you're doing. You probably already know about this, but I'll [post it anyway.

sleeping pad insulation:
http://www.cascadedesigns.com/therm-a-rest/blog/r-value-meaning/
>>
>>751496
>>751497
>>751585
The last owl I saw was probably a month ago walking in the middle of Seattle off of i90. It was big and it swooped right over me twice as I was walking and then perched in a tree. I stared for awhile and then slowly tried to take out my phone for a pic and it flew away.
>>
>>751042
Is this under I5 in Seattle? I'vee seen a lot of codar around.
>>
>>751431
I don't mind buying used things, but I am not necessarily setting the value of these items on their price so much as I am their quality and utility. Sleeping bags can be found much cheaper than the one I have listed for example, but the one I have listed will keep me warm and dry in subzero temperatures.

I am not opposed to dumpster diving. I've been doing it since I was 15 (25 now) and have had some really bountiful dives. With that said I like to eat healthier these days. If I can find the produce fresh I'd wash it and go for it but anything questionable that stands even the smallest chance of making me sick, I'd pass. I expect to pass many farms while traveling. Subtly grabbing a couple oranges or squash in passing will be more common. I also would hit up places that give free hot food to homeless in larger metro areas.

>>751702
I have a folding bike that I've flown with in the past. It fits great in checked luggage and the basket I want to get folds. Id put plastic inserts to hide the inner contents of the basket and sheild my clothes from rain.

Its not a touring bike, but I have found touring tires in a 20 inch size that are reported by the owners to last thousands of miles. I'm installing them with tire liners and thick thorn proof innertubes used by mountain bikers here in the rockies. I am getting a new chain and more ergonomic seat before taking it on the road, probably replacing nuts and bolts with backups too. I know how to build electric bikes and I've considered peddle assist with regen breaking, but for now I am keeping costs down and weight low. This bike is pretty light and I've commuted 5+ miles with it for a while.
>>
>>751726
Ive considered lining the bivy with aerogel and keeping a small layer of sealed thinsulate to keep sharp pokey stuff out of my sleeping pad. Not sure yet, probably would wait to see how the current setup performs.

As for the sleeping bag, its very compact and well insulated according to military reviews, compared to the heavier/bulkier M.S.S bags.
>>
>>751735
>I have a folding bike that I've flown with in the past.
Where to buy flying bikes
>>
File: 14619492847540.jpg (146KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
14619492847540.jpg
146KB, 1024x768px
Dog got sprayed by a skunk last night. Her sleeping bag might be ruined, weekend definitely done for. Fucking hell this is awful.

>>751730
It's under a bridge in Auburn, near Seattle. I met codar a few years ago when he was just some twerpy 15 year old throwing up toy graffiti all over the place. Now he's as recognizable as 3A, Plyer/Laser, the wizard or knife fite.

Nobody will beat knife fite though
>>
>>751802
fun fact
Titan, the largest moon of Saturn, has an atomosphere slightly denser than earth's with much lower gravity. A peddle powered plane could likely work there - but its about as cold as liquid nitrogen.
>>
File: 14619497008301.jpg (315KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
14619497008301.jpg
315KB, 1024x768px
>>751817
>It's a "twerpy kid who lives with his mom spraypaints a squat he probably never set foot in" episode
>>
Im so scared. I could buy all my gear right now and leave in 2 days but im afraid that i cant get food or water and just have to go home and then i wasted my money on gear.
>>
>>751845
Just dumpster dive
>>
>>751848
But theres a reason they throw it away
What if its contaminated or has chemicals on it or something
>>
>>751862
Some stale donuts that were cooked 10 hours ago won't kill you
>>
>>751862
There was a donut shop who put tons of donuts in boxes in a special dumpster. So they would be picked up and taken to feed poor and homeless. The edgy workers thought it'd be funny to douse them all in bleach.
>>
>>751591
Kind of sounds like a blast. Well besides the niggers.
>>
>>751862
If you're really scared then maybe you should reconsider. Also if you have a "home" and a "life" to go back to, then don't.

Just know that thousands of addicts, idiots and other regular people who don't want to be homeless are out here every day-surviving and not starving.

Like another anon said earlier, your will to live is surprisingly strong, it just takes the right environment to encourage you.
>>
>>751878
Is this true
>>
>>751883
I'm not that anon but I doubt it. It'd be easier to leave the food out instead of giving it to someone who's taking it to feeds or whatever. They'd lose their job and potentially get sued, lots of lawyers who understand there's money to be made on people hating homeless.

If they wanted to fuck with the homeless, bleach would be too obvious, as would using a program setup to collect food. In Ocean Beach there's a restaurant that will do fucked things to food and put it in a to-go box, like smegma or dirty fry oil, then leave it outside for any random passerby. Pretty mild compared to what used to happen there in Ocean Beach.
>>
>>751817
Baaaaaallllllssssssss
>>
Currently in Ashland Oregon about to purchase a previa that's been converted to a camper.
It already has a bed frame, curtains and 1000 w inverter. What do I need to know? I'll be moving up to Portland for work but traveling around the state, again for work, in my new home/vehicle
>>
>>751955
Get it insured and registered as a mobile home to keep costs down and then if you ever have trouble with the po lice theyll need a warrant to search it. Make sure thay motherfucker is watertight man water in your shit is the gayest fuckin thing when youre living in your vehicle. Get a good fan so you can keep the air moving inside, shit is essential when its damp.
>>
>>751136
It's not. He's in coastal Washington so you can find big parks and big cities (or at least one). There was like a project or something of people living off the land and he was a part of that for a while, had a bunch of homeless people and rich kids. Right now he's staying with his fiancee, who is probably not his fiancee any more since he was apparently homeless again over the holidays. He's a seriously messed up and unpredictable person, and I really will direct him here, he probably can relay some useful information and/or learn something that might help him later.
>>
>>751817
You seen hat new one around that's called Polygon? Looks like it has an onigiri with legs lol. Can't figure out who's making it
>>
>>751883
>>751892
Yes it's true. But only at that store. Every other place had been fine.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Pv0SvTzPbNc
>>
BRAIN RAPE
GET OUR OF THERE
PENETRATING MY MIND
I CANT EVEN GROW HAIR THERE
>>
File: 14620311679380.jpg (92KB, 1024x225px) Image search: [Google]
14620311679380.jpg
92KB, 1024x225px
>>752007
I haven't been up there to spend time in Seattle for a while, just visit sporadically. Just mailed off an old phone with all my pictures of Seattle too, otherwise I'd post more pictures from there. I only have my most recent visit with me.

>>752001
There's a lot of "projects" like that, they usually go nowhere or become extremely uptight with hippy politics quickly
>>
>>749823
im 18 and i just graduated highschool. ive lived in the same town my whole life. Ive rarely ever been farther thaan the next town over. i just want to travel. is it worth the risk?
>>
>>752557
The only risk is that youre gonna love it so much you never go back. Take the plunge, there isnt anything to be scared of.
>>
>>752557
>I just want to travel, is it worth the risk?

Do you have anything else going for you? All you've got to lose is what you leave behind.
>>
>>752563
the only thing i would be leaving behind is music. the onlt thing ive done that i enjoyed s drumming but i can go without it. this is a stupid question i know, but how does love work out there?
>>
>>752564
Get a hand drum and busk with it. Love? Like real love or just getting laid?
>>
>>752564
>How does love work out there?

By the sounds of that, you should go for it. You'll find love and hate in gross abundance while figuring yourself out.
>>
Is a hobo life even worth considering if you dont live in the usa?
>>
>>752804
Canada is fine too.
Actually i know a lot of people who go international, where do you live?
Hobo specifically means riding trains though so if you dont have trains youre boned.
>>
>>752813
Europe
>>
>>752818
Ahh okay, so you live in Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and the United Kingdom. Seems you'll be fine anon.
>>
>>752818
Asking /int/ or /trv/ about your specific area might be better. /trv/ has the lock on thrifty living in Europe, since so many go there with intentions to backpack and etc.
>>
>>752833
Well we have freedom of movement in all of europe and i dont plan on staying in one place so its not relevant where i live exactly.
>>
>>752818
Trainhopping is nearly impossible in Europe as far as I know.
>>
Without getting into too much backstory, I'm about to be homeless but I've decided to embrace it rather than fight it. Problem is, I don't exactly have everything (or anything, really) figured out.

First of all, how am I going to get food? I'm not going in with any money, so does that mean I'll have to resort to begging? I don't want to but I suppose, aptly, beggars can't be choosers. What about dumpster diving. I'm willing to do it, but is it practical? Reliable?

Also, I live in Ontario, Canada, so winters will be a problem. How can I keep from freezing to death (a real danger for homless here) Homeless shelters are a thing I could go to during the winter, but I don't want to be tied down to one place for any longer than I have to.

Also just some general advice or comments is helpful.
>>
>>752855
you don't live in ontario anymore bud now you live wherever the sun shines
why anyone would stay in a frozen city without a roof over their head idk but you don't need to
>>
>>752855
>food
Dumpster, yes it's reliable, write food please on a piece of cardboard and show it to people, hang out by restaraunts and ask people for their leftovers.
BOXES RULE EVERYTHING AROUND ME BREAM GETCHA DINNER, BOXES BOXES BOXES YALL

>winters
you need a dog and 2 sets warm clothes in case one gets too wet, a good small tent, big enough sleeping/bivvy bag for you and the dog, maybe a liner for the bag, and a couple tarps.
I took my shitty gear down to -20 last winter and i was fine the whole time. also just take your ass down here to murica where you can get yourself some sun my dude
>>
So basically every source says don't train hop if you're new to wandering, how long should you wait before you get to it?
>>
>>752899
Just do it it's not that hard. People are pussies that's all. First time I rode freight all I did beforehand was watch youtube vids and go on google maps to check out the yard.
Common sense dictates what will and will not fucking kill you, you made it this far, just fuckin go for it. Tramping around first makes zero difference, hitching or jugging doesn't give you hopping exp. Best case scenario you meet a nice rider who will spell it all out for you, but you don't need that.
>>
>>752551
I believe this one lasted for around a year. Maybe a few months or maybe a few years, but somewhere in there, but yeah it fell apart, or possibly he just fell out.... I can't remember for sure any more, this was relayed to me at least three years ago. What I definitely remember was that it was in the greater Seattle area and someone shot a documentary piece about it and my dad was in it. IDK how much circulation it got or if it was even finished, but if you find a documentary on a PNW commune from the last five years and you see a guy with acne and receding tan-brown hair who's between 5'4" and 5'"8 and looks like he's in his late 40s, you might be looking at my rather unfortunate progenitor. Some time ago he was in Bellevue. Currently he's in Spanaway and probably has been near there for a while.
>>
https://squattheplanet.com/

come on join us friends.

http://lookatthisfuckingoogle.tumblr.com/

why live in indoors when you can be a modern day cowboy?
>>
>>753082
Your tumblr fucking sucks. Some god tier cringe.
>>
>>753086
>http://lookatthisfuckingoogle.tumblr.com/

>thinks its mine
>obviously doesn't know what dirty kids are

stay inside young friend the rails aren't for you. [spoiler]:^)[/spoiler]
>>
>>753090
If you can't spot the cringe then you are a basement shut in. I've squatted all over Detroit and learned how to get free electricity and water. More than you can say.
>>
>>753093
>squattin detroit... the abandoned warehouse of america congrats youngster.

i won't comment on what is or isn't cringe. the oogle subculture is what it is. on the streets you let learn to respect everyone whether they are crusty freight hoppers or spoiled brats reading wikis on their iphones.

see what we did? both made assumptions. now we both can be asses. cheers.
>>
>>753096
I squatted houses. Avoided all bum. I had no choice. I could only go out during day and if I went out during night the cool nigs told me I would disappear. Happened once almost but managed to rescue 4 dogs that protected. Dived for food for them and myself. In return they would run people off. In the end I found them amazing homes.
>>
>>753096
Btw not this guy>>753086
I'm >>753090
>>
>>753115
Didn't mean that last part
>>
>>751862
No there's not. They throw it away because Corporate told them not to sell day old donuts.
>>
File: 1459714150361.jpg (164KB, 400x533px) Image search: [Google]
1459714150361.jpg
164KB, 400x533px
Gonna go vagabond soon. Was wondering, how do you guys do with papers, ID and taxes and all that jazz ?

Hod do you do ?
>>
>>753096
>>753082
I'm already on StP, been traveling for years

That blog is cringe. So is your showing up itt and assuming you're the only dirty kid.
>>
>>753125
can verify this

when i was younger one of my friends sister worked at dunkin donuts and would always give us bags of free donuts at the end of the day
>>
File: 0c60fa4c.jpg (54KB, 600x435px) Image search: [Google]
0c60fa4c.jpg
54KB, 600x435px
>>
STP IS GAY
>>
>>753130
Id? Drivers license dog. Taxes are like, for squares maaan
>>
>>753082
>stp
Those people are responsible for many deaths and forest fires.
>>
If you're on a motorcycle, or hell even car. A good way to heat up your food is of course using the built in oven, your engine! all you need is some foil, and a length of steel bicycle brake cable. best spot is always going to be right behind the headers. but if you can't fit anything there, next best is going to be anywhere where the oil sumps into the engine.

you can even make soup, if you have a stainless container with a lid that can snap closed, and stay sealed.
>>
>>753366
i like fire way better than my car
>>
>>752855
There's also feedings most places. Just ask other homeless about them. I imagine feedings exist in Canada.
>>
How do you know if you're hard enough to make it?
>>
>>753439
as another anon already said, thousands of junkies, disabled people, and retards 'make it' just fine.

so ask yourself, are you in better shape than a one legged half starved spun out retard?
>>
File: 14621329513330.jpg (314KB, 2048x450px) Image search: [Google]
14621329513330.jpg
314KB, 2048x450px
>tfw
>>
>>753130
If you have no income or property then they can't tax you for it. If you intend to be homeless but not jobless, you better clean up and get to H&R Block.
>>
Does anyone pack stuff like a gameboy or something for when you're bored?
>>
>>753596
i actually have a gba micro that some college kid gave me, i played the shit out of it for a while but now i'm trying to find some new games
>>
>>753596
You'd be surprised how many of us have roms and emulators on phones that haven't had real service in years.

I bought an ex gf a 3ds after a trim scene, definitely played it on a rainy day or two
>>
>>753907
Lemme get some roms nipples
>>
>>753082
I'd never been to https://squattheplanet.com/ before. Found out more info on how a good train hopper friend of mine died a few years ago. Thanks for the link. RIP Clutter.
>>
the only things you guys really need are a decent pack, a sleeping bag, and a fat sharpie to write on that sign you're gonna be flying everywhere.

Once you learn the art of the spange you understand what is to be the americana version of a buddhist monk. a real zen lunatic. just get out there. don't worry, let go.

it can be a little much at first, but once you get over that hump and realize that the only person who can help you is you and hell anyone can die anytime anyway right?

nothing like that feeling when you're chilling in the well of a good train car and it starts up on the tracks... chook chook chook tkkkk tkkk tkkk
>>
>>753956
Don't forget the rape and murders. It is constant when you live this life. It will happen to you and you will witness it.
>>
File: pnt109.jpg (54KB, 752x500px) Image search: [Google]
pnt109.jpg
54KB, 752x500px
>>753956
i've been consider living as a vagabond for quite awhile now, i tried it once and it didn't turn out too well at all. i really want the freedom, excitement, adventure it can bring,

but i never want to spange, and i've never really played an instrument enough to get good at it, or really had the desire to, so cna't imagine busking either.

how hard is it to find work other than bullshit like labor ready day jobs? i'm well aware of wwooof and similar things, but how about sugar beet harvest. cherry picking, hop harvest. ect. kinda work can any work like that be under the table/easy to get hired/? anyone know about standing outside lowes, or home depot to get day work?
>>
File: 1452408715243.png (47KB, 1056x587px) Image search: [Google]
1452408715243.png
47KB, 1056x587px
>>754144
It's possible to work various cash gigs and live frugally while vagabonding but you might need to supplement between work, and you'll not want to carry so much hard cash on you.

You'll need to network really well and probably know Spanish if you'd like to actually make it happen in America. Sometimes people who busk have to go fly a sign just to eat because there's no scene.

You'll have to get over the not asking for help thing, I myself try to do with as little as possible because of how I won't ask for help-so you're not alone in your stubbornness, but working seasonal jobs to stack dollars which you stretch mighty thin..I'd rather have no dollars and spend the ones I do have on food as I'd like. The time spent not chasing seasonal cash flow besides the trim scene has afforded me the luxury to become more self sufficient or confident in other areas, like where I sleep or dumpstering or social interactions, that I wouldn't have been able to develop had I been stuck chasing paper.

Our source of food in the modern day is never quite in our control, it depends heavily on the state of the rest of the world. It's nice to imagine being as self sufficient as possible, but it's essentially a perfect ideal that we cannot attain-unless you're Kaczynski level determined (hint:you're not) and if you're unable to ask for help but also unable to go full wingnut innawoods, you'll just wind up stealing food or in some equally morally grey area.

Flying a sign and minding your own business isn't aggressive panhandling or anything.

>>753922
I just mailed off my old phone with all my roms, if I'd have known coolrom took down the nintendo roms I'd have transferred them.

Books are cool too. You should download the book Acid Dreams and read it, pdf on Google
>>
>>754204
I refuse to speak Spanish. If you refuse to learn English well you should probably go kill yourself.
>>
>>754144
a lot of things like that will be reserved for people who have committed already and work the same things every year. it can be hard to break into, as the work is incredibly demanding and you are expected to be able to take care of yourself and know what you are doing. most of the time you will have a very hard go of it trying to get hired unless you have your RV and all the gear you need beforehand so when you show up they know you mean business. you will be expected to spend 8-12 hour days picking/processing shit. it's really shitty monotonous work. trim season for weed is the way to go these days, it's really easy to find trim jobs out in the pnw with washington and oregon going legal. you can walk out with a very nice stack of cash doing that. you can usually find work on craigslist and sometimes in local newspapers. i suggest making up a craigslist post and saving it to your phone/flash drive so when you get to a new place you have it ready and can just throw it up. some times you end up getting ridiculous hookups doing that. go in and check bars, low end local restaurants for dishwashing or cleaning jobs that you can do for a day or two. these don't usually pay too good but you can do it. another good place to check for work that people usually skip is golf courses. they mow every single day and if you can have some sort of resume or anything to show you have experience they are often happy to let you go at some tees with a mower so they can use their more experienced guys for other things. for that you need to go straight to the turf maintenance building, skip any pro shop or clubhouse. ask every single person you meet for work, more lines you've got out the more chance of a bite.
i really do suggest finding a way to busk or market yourself. learning just a few chords on a guitar and practicing on the street when youre not doing anything else is a great way to put a couple extra bucks in your pocket and you don't even have to talk to people.
>>
>>754229
a little something i have done the last couple years is collect geodes and crystals and shit off of mountains to sell while i'm busking/spanging. i got a hook up on a place where i can go process all my rocks for free, cut, polish, tumble them everything. after hanging out there a bit, i realized there's rock clubs in a whole fuckin lot of places where you can go and do that. so while you're traveling, camping, exploring and shit you can just pack em away and save em til you find one, clean em all up then you can put them out on a towel or something when you're around people. you can make money a thousand different ways on the street, ive met people that make jewelry, pens, stuffed animals, bags, leather shit, the list goes on. if you can make stuff and peddle it you can make the money. it's not hard to learn a couple hemp weaves or wire wraps to sell, and you can make a bunch then just pack em away til you can get em sold. good for bartering shit too, i love to trade everyone i meet if i can. pins, patches, hippie rocks, knives, leatherwork, i love that shit and a lot of other people do too. never know what you might need or want down the line that you could trade your craft for.
>>
>>754242
like nips said though it tends to be better when you go around broke and just make what you need. money is shit anyways, you'll miss out on tons if all you do is chase it. kind of defeats the point of living like this doesn't it? there is a lot of cash to be had out here, but there's a whole lot more beauty too and that's what you ought to strive to find imo.
>>
Can someone explain this rape hoard meme
>>
>>754257
what's there to explain?
>>
You don't really need much. I have a well paying job, but I'm a loner and no reason to spend any of it.

I've been poking around my car, playing around with the seats, seeing how I can make some sleeping arrangements. I think I've figured it out, but I'll need some foam and some experiments in bedding material to be able to get a good night's sleep in my tiny car.

Also, I'm noting the trend for "tiny homes" has morphed into the homeless but working meme.

Has western society gone so shit that not only are we willing to reject it, but we are also willing to use work to dull our senses?

Regardless, my advice would be to spend as much time /out/ as possible, and when you figure you really wish you had something, you go home and fetch it. Repeat this process until you don't go home anymore.

Then you make the bold decision of stopping paying the rent.
>>
>>754257
There's people who rape people. Even more so in this culture because no one gives a fuck about you. You're homeless or think you're homeless so they will not give a shit. If you are murdered (happens a lot as well) then the cops won't bother. They may for all of 5 minutes. But you are nothing but trash to them.
>>
File: 1458852573719.jpg (43KB, 672x451px) Image search: [Google]
1458852573719.jpg
43KB, 672x451px
>>754205
Alright champ
>>
>>751366
I did this for a while before deciding that I preferred being on foot and hitching a ride when I want distance over not having that option.

You've got way too much stuff, and the stuff you've got is way too heavy. All your gear, bags, clothing etc. needs to be under 10-15lbs, or you'll just end up regretting it. Also, a $10 CCF pad is a lot more reliable than an inflatable, especially when you don't have the option of just giving up and staying at a hotel for the night. If you plan on traveling, you don't need a $300 sleeping bag, just go where the weather suits you. My entire sleep setup is comfy down to 40F, weighs less than 2lbs, and cost under $100.

If you put your focus on letting go of materialism and only carrying what you absolutely need in order to get by, you'll end up going further, doing more, and enjoying life to it's fullest. Do you want to have to scrounge up $60/month just to take showers, or would you rather shower under waterfalls and bathe in hot springs?

>>751742
>I've considered lining the bivvy with aerogel.
Weak bait.

I carry an expired ID. Most states in the US only require that you identify yourself to cops who ask, not that you carry valid ID. I haven't earned over $10K in three or four years, I'm not required to pay taxes. Also, gifted money isn't taxed under $10K, either (and is separate).
>>
>>751269
Prints only can tie you to a crime if they are already in a database, or if you are arrested and fingerprinted. If you have a clean record, and there is nothing else tying you to the crime, you don't have to worry about prints. Even if your caught, DNA is the real kicker.
>>
>>754358
No. I am not going to learn Spanish. I am not racist. You're racist though for assuming though. I am 3rd generation Mexican in America. I will not learn Spanish for the illegals and those who refuse to learn. They can go fuck themselves and go back to Mexico.
>>
>>754409
I remember my school taking us on a trip to the police station as a kid and they finger printed all of us. I'm 25 and I was 5-6 at the time. Are the prints till valid? I was from a poor area so I'm assuming they finger printed everyone as a fun "experiment" because we lived in a poor area with crime.
>>
>>754375
however my bike folds and takes up very little space on a trunk.

I worked a job for 2 years that was 5 miles away. The first year I walked both ways and it took an hour and twenty minutes each way. The second year I bought a bike and it was twenty-thirty minutes max each way. A bike saves over a third of the time in good conditions. I'm not really looking for free rides, I can make money a bus pass if I really had to, but what is the rush?

Theres materialism and then theres utilitarianism. Keeping clean is an area many stinky bums should not neglect. If you smell like piss stained underwear people are not going to help you. I dont know what water you're bathing in, but I'll stick to filtered, parasite free water for less than a dollar more a day.
>>
>>754375
>bathing in hot springs

this one really gets me in slabs, imagine all the shit and cum that's run through that mud pot over the years hahaha
>>
Those hobos with cameras, what do you do with pics once camera is full? I was thinking an external but would need a laptop or something
>>
>>754520
Upload them somewhere at a library. You can also get extra SD cards for the camera.
>>
>>754520
I use my phones camera, ive never filled it
>>
>>754450
Whatever you need to tell your buddies back at storm front, bud
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRhDZkN30po
>>
>>755033
I bet hoboing down under is really good
>>
File: on_me_reee.png (463KB, 1200x975px) Image search: [Google]
on_me_reee.png
463KB, 1200x975px
What's a good backpack to get?

Also is a ka-bar with the little serrations on it going to be good enough for a knife? Should I get the one without the serrated bit?
>>
>>755345
Ka-bar is a god-tier knife but go no serrations.
>>
>>755345
Something brown black or green, ka bar is fine. Serrations by your preference.
>>
>>755175
>all dem venomous spiders
>all dem venomous snakes
>>
>>755504
Possum bites will fuck you up too if you don't clean them out.
>>
>>755504
Safer than the american streets.
>>
>>755504
>being a cuck
>>755531
>forcing this meme
>>
>>755568
Whos side are you on bitch?
>>
>>755568
>ALL DEM VENOMOUS SPIDERS
>ALL DEM VENOMOUS SNEKS
>>
File: WP_000547.jpg (1MB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
WP_000547.jpg
1MB, 1944x2592px
>tfw no one was around to tell me how bad of an idea this was
>>
>>756290
How do you fuck up that bad
>>
>>756580
I thought i wanted all my stuff
>>
>>756290
What do you have in there? Give us a list so we can tell you what to get rid off.
>>
>>756618
That was years ago. Most of the shit i had in there didnt last a week.
>>
>>755028
Shut up you fucking spic
>>
>>756631
Ooh, did I strike a nerve, stormfag?
>>
>>754451
I know what you mean, and we run similar things here for schoolkids.
I can't speak for everywhere, but we don't put prints like that into the system here, I doubt it'd actually be legal to be honest seeing as we're talking about minors not accompanied by their legal guardians, and permission was unlikely to be obtained.
>>
>>756698
They definitely put them in the system.
>>
>>756681
No. Just no one likes Mexicans. Common knowledge.
>>
>>756698
They took us to a bank as a kid and some police "happened" to be there. They asked us want to see what happens to bank robbers? All they did was take all of our prints and got a 1 minute lecture and bank told us a few facts about money and that was the end of the field trip. Kind of pissed now. Seems like the tricked us and the parents.
>>
>>756698
>permission
Most schools have this in their general disclaimer paperwork. You sign off every year when you scribble your siggy on it w/o reading.
Also field trip disclaimer probably had it as well.

Fine print is a bitch. They will have
>>754451
anons prints on record.
>>
>>756681
One thing I was always told while squatting across America is to never trust a Mexican. This held true. I haven't met one that wasn't a slime ball that stole, tried to rape/did rape, murder for no reason, and fight for nothing. I avoided them and didn't have any trouble.
>>
>>756821
Mexibros always give me gas money.

Never met a mexibum that wasnt some homebum idiot.

I think it's more accurate to say never trust a junkie, never trust a homebum, never trust anyone older than you, never trust anyone with your shit, never trust anyone to not report you to the rape gangs etc. regardless of race
>>
>>756815
Boycott public educasham
>>
>>756812
and people on this board still believe america isn't a police state. polite society? politely controlled. now with the standard parents being welfare meth heads how bad will it get? for every decent family group there are 50 tweaker families with 8 fucking horrible kids.
if any of you have been inside a public school in the last 3 years you already know how bad it is. everyone else, keep your kids away from that shit. teach them yourselves. if your plan is to work your time away while letting the school raise your kids you are a fucking failure piece of shit who never should have been a parent.
>>
>>756825
If they're brown beat them down. That's a old saying that hasn't failed yet.
>>
>>756850
Got a whole country founded that way
>>
>tfw you will never travel to the Big rock Candy Mountain with /out/
>>
>>756853
Yep. If it wasn't for that civilization wouldn't be a thing and blacks would be dying in Africa even more.
>>
>>756857
You'll be a hobo's whore on the big rock candy mountain.
>>
>>750565
raw kidney beans are slightly poisonous
>>
>>756850
I've heard if they're brown kill them immediately before your drown
>>
>>756865
raw kidney beans are slightly venomous
>>
>>756907
raw kidney beans are slightly amorous
>>
>>756914
raw kidney beans are slightly homosexual
>>
>>756865
starving to death is also kinda poisonous but idk
>>
>>756936
starving to death is also kinda enlightening but idk
>>
Just got into albuquerque yesterday, and I've been thinking about hitching west and heading to slabcity. I've never been and am curious, is it actually as dangerous as people say it is there?
>>
>>756997
not unless you're dumb as fuck. also don't go now it's too late. wait for winter. nothing but tweakers and slabbers there now.
>>
>>756997
I recommend taking a rifle or knife and kill the tweakers and slabbers. They're cancer.
>>
>>757018
jack is ok
>>
Newsflash: We are _all_ homeless to some point, but some arrange with the local community to get a job and make a living.
>>
>>756290
Sick blades tho
>>
>>757130
Heavy as fuck. Moved on to xsjados. Way easier to pack around.
>>
>>757133
Good taste my man. Where do you skate?
>>
>>757140
All over. Mostly just always checking if the town im in has a park, dont get too many opportunities to skate street. Parks are good places to hang out all day/night and camp. Also easy to find weed if youre not in a legal state.
>>
>>757147
Sounds dope man. Slept at a skatepark once. Woke up and my board was missing. Never again. Good luck on your adventures.
>>
>>757150
Balls, knew a guy in foco that got beat up one morning at the park by the community center. If theres no woods near it i dont bother
>>
>>749823
Anyone got a favorite style of hobo stove?
>>
>>757391
Tea candle and a can with holes punched in the top.

Honestly I have a stove and I dont even use it to cook.

I'm best off going with protein bars that have lots of fiber, fiber one breakfast bars, and fruits/veggies. 90% Dark Chocolate is also great for fiber and it is relatively filling. If you can get ahold of protein powder that can eliminate cooking too. Try to get some yogurt every now and then too.

If you must have warm food, go to a gas station and use their microwave. I would suggest burritos if youre going to microwave anything just because beans are good for you.
>>
>>757399
Nah I gotta be able to cook to feel alright with the world, but I don't want to drop money on a gas stove when I can just burn twigs innawoods. Why do you carry candles?

You can take better advantage of dumpstering if you have a way to cook.
>>
>>757406
Buy one of those snap together stoves on amazon. Easy to take apart and pack away.
>>
How do I convince my girlfriend that it is okay to he a dead beat? Her mom verbally abuses the shit out of her about quitting college and my poor lady just can't handle it. If she could just realize that those sort of things don't matter, and if she could delete her previous life she could be free. I am already free, it just hurts to see her struggle. She is smart and atheltic. She can live this way with me easily. It is just mental barriers I guess. I suppose her mother just hasn't treated her badly enough yet.
>>
>>757502
>hey guys how do I force someone who had a lot going for them to become homeless like me
>>
>>757502
Nothing you can do unless she wants it for herself.
>>
>>757406
i said i dont cook.

I dont carry tea candles but theyre very very small.
>>
>>757502
I had a girl leave her house and life behind to date me.

Thing is I lived with my parents as well at the time and they wanted me out as i was 18, not more people there.

So we became homeless to be with each other. I had been through fostercare and homeless before so I knew the streets well and taught her how to survive. I never should have.

We would sleep together under the stars and we cared alot about each other, but the mosquitoes were terrible and showers were hard to come by. The streets are no place for a woman you love. If i could have gone back I would have broken up with her when she mentioned her parents would have kicked her out for dating me.

We eventually ended up getting a place, but she wanted to travel and live in her new car, I wanted to provide stability that our relationship lacked. We went separate ways.

She traveled and ended up stripping and getting knocked up by some crustpunk.
>>
>>757531
also I'm this anon. >>751418
After we went different ways I lost my house because I couldnt support myself and ended up homeless in the snow a thousand miles away from my family. I had a job and stayed in a shelter - but some nights it was full and I was also constantly afraid of my shit being stolen.

I tried finding a cheaper apartment but no one would give me a place without a cosigner and I lost alot of money on application fees. Ended up buying a bus pass back to Florida after a few weeks in the cold.
>>
File: 14625447826540.jpg (29KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
14625447826540.jpg
29KB, 225x224px
Nipples here, my posting frequency has dropped dramatically, sorry. Busy on the street, seeing friends I haven't seen in years. I'll try to throw together a pasta before the thread is out but my time spent here in the city is pretty valuable.
>>
>>757683
Did yall get less smelly
>>
Why no vagabond kik group
>>
>>757147
not in my town, if you are on the streets walking, going through a parking lot, IN A PARK, anywhere while NOT IN A VEHICLE, you are breaking a law. Police social state, rumor is king and truth is forgotten.
>>
>>750302
Things that, if you have money, you should spend it on In order of importance

1. boots
2. sleeping bag
3. box wine
>>
>>756681

>stormfag

kek'ed
>>
>>759127
Same in my town, anyone on foot is suspect.

I was walking through a neighborhood one night and got stopped by cops at gun point, They searched me and let me go but still it shows that we are just cattle to them, Like we have no business outside our homes or Jobs unless we are engaging in commerce.

Anyone just wandering around must be a criminal or something.
>>
>>759103
kik sucks, use telegram.
>>
>>759487
>got stopped by cops at gun point
I don't believe you. Unless there was a crime and you fit a description. Your tales of Police State are highly overexagerated.
Simple rule. "Am I being detained?" If no then walk away. If yes then request to be brought in. If you are not breaking any laws you have nothing to fear.
>>
>>759506
Telegram sucks, just write a message on a grainer
>>
>>759517
i really dgaf what you believe tbqh.
>>
>>759517
>being this naive
>>
>>759127
Skatepark mate.
>>
>>759522
Kilroy was here
>>
>>754450
>3rd gen mexican
you are an american. dipshit.
>>
>>759528
>opinion
>>759563
>conjecture
>>759487
>anecdotal
>>
>>759647
If you love the cops so much why dont you marry them you facist sjw beeeeeitch
>>
Hey look I found the double digit IQ thread where fully grown adults sleep under boxes but still hold rage from being outcasted by their school peers and parents. Gosh. It's like they don't even know it. You can live like a king as a homeless person, but that would require some sort of self control. Inb4 "hurr I do live like a king I spanged a whole 60 bucks yesturday". Get some discipline and dedication, you can still be homeless like you are so sure that you prefer, but you can better yourself and whatever environment you happen to be in too. It is a defense mechanism to enjoy suffering. You kiss your rapist every night. Each and every one of you.
>>
>>759693
Your point is lost in your autism, m'friend.
>>
>>759693
>m-muh IQ
Yes jimmy we're very proud of that high score you got on your 3rd take of that online test
>>
>>759724
>>759737
Sub 90 IQ
>>
>>759693
>kiss your rapist every night
I mostly agree with you but in all fairness my wife kisses her rapist every night too.
>>
>>759693
Lol faggot. You dont know any of us, and by the looks of your shitposting you need to take your own advice. Cant be bothered to read threads but you sure can shitpost like anyone gives a shit.
>>
>>759825
Look up homeless statistics on IQ, mental illness, ability to socialize, drug addiction, political leaning, physical ability, etc. You will come to realize you are a joke. Far below par.
>>
>>759808
wat
are you one of the all piv sex is rape crazies or is it just a very strange cuckolding arrangement
either way kill yourself
>>
File: 1462650384098.png (77KB, 227x234px) Image search: [Google]
1462650384098.png
77KB, 227x234px
>>751281
>impkying this thread isn't the same anon roleplaying with himself.
>>
>>759837
I'm implying, humorously, that my wife doesn't have consensual sex with me, making me a rapist.
Get it, it's funny because I don't actually rape her.
I'm a normie to use your lingo.

To all you stupid fucks that believe the police are out to get you, maybe try acting like a normal human and contribute to society instead of living on the criminal edge.
Trust me, I'm not pretty, I actually look pretty shady and I've been approached by police a few times. After a few minutes of talking to me I have always been sent on my way.

BECAUSE I'm NOT A DICK TO THEM! It's really not difficult to show a little respect and get some back. Try it sometime.
>>
>>759910
This so much. It is extremely easy to say yes sir/no sir and literally nothing else and if you wish to continue your lifestyle it is very important you do this
>>
>>759910
That's not really a joke anon.

It's like saying I have an alligator in my closet.

HA! I actually don't.

Get it?
>>
Know why these threads are always shit? Because you faggots come in time and time again throwing assumptive shitposts all over the place. You dont read the thread, you dont listen to anything anyone says, you just shit it all up then tell us its our fault. I wonder who youre trying to kid?
>>
I raped your sister
>>
>>759950
You might want to get checked out at the clinic.
>>
>>760293
She was already dead so I doubt I got any sort of disease, have you reported her missing yet?
>>
>>760400
Anon body decomposition makes the rate of infection higher. Please be careful.
>>
>>760400
Why would I? We know where she's buried. Hasn't been missing in like 5 years.
>>
desu
>>
desu.
>>
new thread?
>>
>>761891
Maybe, I don't have the time to do it at the moment though
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.