[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tornado: Tying myself to a toilet?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

Asking this more of out of a hypothetical than concern. I've lived in Kansas all my life and have had many "close calls" living in central Kansas (salina), so I'm not really concerned about this one, but it popped a thought in my head.

Assume a Tornado is gonna wreck the shit out of my hometown. Would it do me any good if I were to tether myself to a solid structure like a toilet via climbing harness and line? Would it give me any advantage over just sitting in there waiting for it to pass?
>>
lay down in bathtub and if you have time put a mattress over the top of you.
>>
>>749205
motherfucker just get in the tub with a mattress on top of you like a normal nigga that don't wanna die
>>
>>749217
>mynigga.jpg
hivemind, yo.
>>
>>749220
>3 minutes apart
>hivemind

nope.jpg
>>
One advantage would be the rescuers would probably laugh their ass off when they found your dead ass chained to a toilet in the middle of a corn field. They've got a pretty depressing job so you might just brighten their day.
>>
>>749205
No it wont give you an advantage. I've been through a few tornados here in Texas and let me tell you that it's scary as fuck when when it hits. Roof getting ripped off, trees falling, hail, wicked fat flying debris, roaring wind, etc. You don't want to be tethered to anything when your home is coming apart all around you. Either get in a bathtub covered with mattress or blanket, your storm shelter, or the most structurally stable part of your home without a lot of windows and protect yourself as well as you can.

You might need to move and being tethered can get you killed just as easy as if you weren't.
>>
>>749266

>fat debris
Lol
Wicked fast, flying debris***
>>
>>749205
>I've lived here all my life
>I don't know what to do in a tornado

Wew lad
>>
>>749205
A toilet is porcelain with 2 bolts holding it down. No advantage besides being able to smell old piss right before you die.
>>
>>749205
What anon said here >>749302
Toilets are barely held down by anything.

But the main reason it would be worthless is because flyin debris is a bigger danger than getting sucked away. The bathtub is a much better bet.
>>
>>749205
Enjoy the Land of Oz
>>
Toilets are only held in place by a wax ring and a couple small bolts. It's a stupid thing to attach yourself too.

Your main danger in a tornado isn't "getting sucked up into it" lol. It's getting hit by flying debris or having a structure collapse on you.
>>
Kansan here, super disappointed by the storm.
>>
>>749205
>thinking a toilet is secured to anything other than floorboards

Wew lad.
Basic as fuck plumbing my grandpappy taught me when I was like 5.
>>
>>749240
Imagine BDSM enthusiasts forgetting where the keys are.
>>
>>749266

I have to disagree, I sat on the back porch and watched as a tornado ripped down my neighbors barn roughly 50 yards away. Was exhilarating as fuck.
>>
>>749514
Watching a tornado safely from a distance and actually being in a home as its being shaken and ripped apart by an F3-F4 tornado are 2 totally different feelings. It's one of the scariest moments of my life. As a person that has lost a home and vehicles in a tornado, one that leveled blocks of homes, not just mine. I can assure you that there is nothing fucking exhilarating about it at all.
>>
couldnt u just go underwater ?
>>
>>749745
anon i want you to do me a solid. please explain how you suppose this is a practical idea
>>
>>749205
Toilets are usually just sitting on the sewer pipe with maybe a rubber seal in between.

If the tornado can rip your roof off it can also rip your toilet off the bathroom floor regardless if you strapped to it or not.
>>
>>749753
Tornadoes are made of air. no air underwater. duh.
>>
Toilets are held down by 2 half inch bolts. Id find somthing alittle stronger. Like a floor joice
>>
Is under the stairs a good idea? Why do I have this nagging feeling that at some point in my childhood 'under the stairs' was the answer to some kind of disaster? May have been earthquakes....
>>
>>749753
scooba yo
>>
No. You'll likely be found dead strapped to the toilet and be forever known as 'this one guy in Kansas' so no.
>>
File: 1455321150552.jpg (500KB, 728x640px) Image search: [Google]
1455321150552.jpg
500KB, 728x640px
>>749954
>>
File: image.jpg (116KB, 640x355px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
116KB, 640x355px
>>749205
Texas got hit, fucking again, this morning. Mostly deep east Texas but Houston got some as well. We are about 50 miles north of Houston and we definately had tornados this morning. Tore up all kinds of shit and some homes too. Half the town still without power. Trees down everywhere.

Anyway, we lost bout 4 100+ year old oaks and the Tonneau cover on my pickup truck was literally ripped off the hinges and is gone. Busted out lights all over my truck. Lost a few windows in the house from debris but other than that we OK.

Fucking sucks. I fucking hate tornadoes. They are nothing to fuck around with that's for sure.
>>
File: image.jpg (188KB, 640x631px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
188KB, 640x631px
>>750383
>texas got hit

No shit, man. Glad you guys didn't get hurt. They say we are going to have more tomorrow and Sat. The ground is already so super saturated from all the (torrential) rains last week that when the wind comes the trees just can't hang on anymore.
>>
>>749205
Tie yourself to a toilet so when you shit yourself it doesn't matter.
>>
>>749205
>I've lived in Kansas all my life
You should now all the safest places to be than. I also have lived in Kansas my whole life and I couldn't care less about when or where a storm happens.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.