[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/vagabond general/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 341
Thread images: 26

File: rainbow-family.jpg (66KB, 604x432px) Image search: [Google]
rainbow-family.jpg
66KB, 604x432px
Less shitposting edition

Vagabonds, Bums, Homeless, soon to be homeless, ask questions and share tips itt
>>
I was homeless for 2 months last summer, didn't live innawoods. Learned a lot about how to survive in urban areas though.

Any questions?
>>
>>738167
how do you avoid low iq drugged up bums and street filth?
>>
>>738171
Don't associate with them any more than you have to and keep your time spent hanging in areas they do to a minimum.
>>
>>738171

My first move was heading to a better area. For whatever reason, people love to be homeless in shitty areas. This also means you need to maintain a semi proper appearance so you don't upset the yuppies. I made sure to clean up in a local lake every few days so I wasn't so repulsive that people gave me shit. If you look semi decent no ones gonna judge you if you're resting up against a tree in the park.

I have some decent food hacks for anyone that's interested.
>>
>>738177
I'm game. What kind? Dumpstering?
>>
>>738177
Tell me the food hacks
>>
>>738230
>>738182
>>738230

my bad, was making dinner.

I think the most important thing to do when your homeless is get a job. Where? Kitchens. You get to eat for free every shit and you get to graze the food you cook. And good food at that! They dont ask for shit either. I had no experience at all and all of a sudden I was working in fine dining on the salad station making $10.00/hr. There was a running joke that I was a terrorist because my name is so generic that I was either on the run or in WitSec. They didn't care though. One girl caught on that I was homeless and let me stay at her place for a while and gave me rides to work.

I tried to only dumpster dive when i had to. Places like mcdonalds/wendys/burgerking will premake food an hour before close because they're lazy and cant multi task. Its the last thing they throw out and its always in a fresh bag because all the nasty trash is taken out when cleaning. The best places are bakeries and coffee shops that make fresh bagels/donuts/muffins every day. These usually get thrown into fresh bags at the end of the night as well. Some nights you can walk away with a full bag of muffins.

What really got me through when I was hungry was scamming mcdonalds via their smartphone app. If you create an account you get a free sandwich. Just make a new email and account on their wifi every breakfast/lunch/dinner and go to sleep with a full tummy. I liked to switch up my mcdonalds locations across town though. They all eventually caught on and sneaked me more food when their managers werent looking. One guy even gave me 5 cigs for the road. I'll always remember him.

anything else?
>>
>>738241
>>homeless
>>get a job
nigger went full retard
>>
>>738258

Wait, you want to be homeless and do nothing all day? Or are you saying that you can't get a job because you're homeless. If it's the former, you're a filthy nigger and I hope you have a rough life. If it's the ladder, you're wrong. You should see some of the scum working on a kitchen line
>>
>>738273
I think he meant the very term vagabond implies you move around without home or steady work

The thread is for vagabonding, not trying to figure out how to get out of the situation of being a vagabond. That's as (simple) as going to a shelter and jumping through the hoops to get services. At least you mentioned dumpstering cafes and bakeries. Telling people to get a normal job or resort to scams to get by in the vagabond world is just silly. Get a job sure, busking or trimming pot or lapidary work or temp work at rv parks or any number of things that coincide with the lifestyle.
>>
>>738329
There is a difference between living off of the system and living off of your own sweat. You can still be homeless and hold a job dumbass. The term vagabond is also loosely used with transiency. Having a job of sorts is what separates scum from honest folk living on the road.
>>
>>738383
You know jack shit keyboard warrior. Have a nice day.
>>
>>738167
Get the fuck out you fucking housie
>>
>>738161
Can we start putting a requirements list for posting?

Maybe wes hould just move to fucking reddit, we can set up a photo proof requirement of vagrancy to post, keep the faggots out
>>
>>738391
Thats some gay shit you just said, faggot
>>
>>738392
It's better than every two seconds some faggot comes in here that thinks he has to teach us how it's okay he fucking buys a phone a car every year and knows what the fucking hard life is cause he lives in the south or some such bullshit.

There was a fucking 100% serious faggot posting from a ferrari last thread serious that he was homeless, do you comprehend this
>>
>>738393
That dudes a troll and you take the bait way too easy. /out/ fucks with homeless threads every time. Its a miracle the shitposters stayed out of the last thread as long as they did. Get used to it mayne its not so bad. Just call em a fag and move on.
>>
>>738397
why do these fucking faggots feel the need to come in here and tell us how they think we're shit fucking them all
>>
>>738398
Somewhere deep down theyre pissed thay they wasted their lives, they know all the years they used up working are gone and they can never reclaim their fucked existence. So they project their ego onto everything around them, unfortunately that means their computers and us.
>>
>>738391
>reddit
Never. Faggots gunna fag, reddit would make it worse. Maybe a longer more detailed OP, but never something requiring people to give up anonymity.

I'd wind up with too many fights on my hands for how unpolitically correct I am. Also that's too much accountability, if people found out they could get a hold of me and simultaneously watch my life by browsing reddit I might not hear the end of some of the shit I talk about. Hell, in the first thread where I described my time in the Hen House, many of those cunts browse reddit/tumblr and anyone involved would have recognized it immediately.

I met a group of 5 Portland redditbrowsing housie hipsters the other day who thought I was the coolest shit ever and wondered why I never hung out in Portland. God forbid I begin browsing reddit and faggots like that find me.

Also this is less shitposting edition, mind the bait. We will always have faggots coming in trying to tell us about ourselves and the lifestyle.
>>
>>738403
>>738401
honestly I think the world would be better off if everyone that wasn't a vagabond would just die; I truly believe it is the natural human state and society is a perversion
>>
>>738405
Well I disagree that people who live a different lifestyle should be exterminated. There's many a folk who think the same about us. You're only playing into the game wherein it's "us or them" when you separate yourself into such a category. You can't hate them for being part of a ratking scheme, they're still prisoners after all. But you can hate them for being a huge cunt who hates on someone their society deems as unfortunate.
>>
>>738403
Im gonna be around western washington soon in my bus. Itd be cool to kick it again if youre still around the northwest.

>>738405
Just be glad youre in america where you can fuck off and do what you want.
>>
>>738413
I'm bouncing around up here for another week or so before heading down to AZ I think, going to meet up with a friend and help her get her RV to Oregon or Washington before I start to head east, so if you're still up this way around then I'm sure I could drop by. Where at up there? Olympic Penninsula is GOAT
>>
>>738413
>Just be glad youre in america where you can fuck off and do what you want.
as opposed to wear?
>>738408
they're the ones that broke, broker and bought the system, fuck them
>>
>>738398
Take solace in the fact that they're all small dicked spoiled rich kids whose daddies give them a $8k a month stipend from their trust fund but they still can't buy a bigger dick and deep down suspect that they're consumer lifestyle is empty and meaningless and cry themselves to sleep and so they come on here because they're envious of our freedom.
>>
>>738273
>you're a filthy nigger and I hope you have a rough life.
being this resentful. Found the white trash....
>>
>>738393
>There was a fucking 100% serious faggot posting from a ferrari last thread serious that he was homeless
no there wasn't there was a troll and a moron who thought he was serious (you) and everyone else who knew he was joking
>>
>>738403
/r/vagabond is doing much, much better than our little general. Some of the guys over at reddit are actually traveling together, they got 3 school busses and they're traveling through america together volunteering and stuff.

The quality of their reddit is high because they actually moderate it. They just ban trolls and faggots like the ferrari guy last thread. It might not be very moral, but it keeps the quality of their reddit high. They are having a great time together and just get rid of everyone with criticism. There will always be criticism from outsiders so it really makes no sense to keep explaining yourself to people who dont agree with your lifestyle.

Thats why i dont think /vagabond general/ will work, because we will never be a tight community and we will constantly get shit from oogles. I come on the internet to talk about the hobo life with fellow hobos, not to defend myself against people stuck in the rat race. Its like they will never understand.

Thats why im moving to reddit now. I dont care if im a redditfag now, i just want to be in a community with other hobos and railriders, not 18 year old kids living with mom working a retail job so they can buy a 3000 dollar gaming pc.
>>
>>738516
Well, i'm not a vagabond but i like to read the stuff on here... Just ignore the criticism, a board discussion is not gonna convince someone to completely overthrow their lifestyle, so there really is no point other than ignoring it. On the other hand, you can inspire people who already have an interest in the lifestyle by telling stories, giving advice, posting pictures, sharing your plans....

lets try to stick with the "no shitposting edition"

and not fuck off to reddit
>>
>>738386
Nice rebuttle faggot
>>
>>738529
/r/vagabond has more stories to tell, more knowledge, more of everything. People over there actually have experience. The admin has been living on the road for 12 years and still going strong. Hell there are even people over there that have been hopping trains since the 70s.
>>
>>738593
I know plenty of those people from my interactions in real life with them, always wondering why I don't want to travel or hang out with them. You might as well suggest we move to the Facebook dirtykid couch surfing coalition or squattheplanet.

4chan is my preferred community, not reddit. I don't need a safespace hugbox, I don't need little kids looking up to me, I don't need friends to travel with, and I don't need to go join a community for validation.

I mean honestly, it just seems like a way for people to gain unwarranted self importance and attention.

The social vagabond life is a process of making yourself unavailable.
>>
>>738661
I should also add this thread serves the secondary purpose of giving people who come to /out/ to post "gunna be homeless wat do" and etc threads a place to come and ask their questions without shitting up the rest of /out/'s safe space for Mora/Boot/Fishing/farming discussions. Not that they'll use the catalog, but once the others realize they can point people to this thread I'm sure it will happen.
>>
And this thread is already shit in classic vagabond fashion. You fucking bums can't do anything right lol. Ahh, and I'm just sitting here in bed watching a movie with a belly full of eggs, bacon and toast.

>Feelsgoodman.jpg
>>
>>738699
Why are you on out? Do you like to fantasize about going outside?
>>
>>738699
My turn!
>tfw sitting in my bed where I slept
>tfw eating taco bell because it was a stone's throw away
>tfw I leave my loyal puppers where I slept to walk around the corner for taco bell and she watches my things
>tfw some random person paid for my breakfast
>tfw qt3.14 grill driving a few hours to meet me on the coast to hang out today
>tfw shitposting on 4chan while /out/ in an ocean breeze
>tfw tomorrow I will be in a different town on a different adventure
>tfw you will never know this feel
>>
Some hippies are starting a little communal farm near where I am in Maine. I'm an ex-vagrant; I'm gonna hitchhike up there over the weekend just to get out of my house and get a taste of the good life. It's only a 25 minute drive but I'm not going to roll up at a crusty camp in my Malibu. I'm packing right now.
>Literally nothing in my pack except a tent and natty light
>>
>>738593
IF YOU LIKE THEM SO MUCH WHY NOT MARRY THEM GEEZ
>>
>>738424
All around, ill be traveling through oregon and norcal as well this summer so as long as we keep in touch should be easy to meet once you get back up that way. Heading to slabs once it starts to cool down to get some solar going then back up to washington to spend the winter innaforest
>>
>>738699
>im a neet so im better than bums
>>
>>738709
I go /out/ all the time and usually pay attention to more relevant threads. It's hilarious that you guys can't keep a thread going with out getting in to a bitch fit about who's more homeless though. It's great entertainment. If only we could put you in an arena and watch you fight until death. Hopefully Trump will accomplish this task. It's also funny that you think me watching a movie on my bed means I never leave the house.

Please continue.

>>738737
You sound completely delusional at this point. Is it the heroin or meth?

>tfw I can drive my car that I paid for
>using gas that I paid for
>to buy real groceries that I paid for
>to cook them at my home that I paid for

Ahh, enjoy that shit "food" because you'll never be able to cook a real meal again. Oh and with the money I make at a job, I can have better quality experiences anytime I go /out/.

>inb4 you're working for the man

Like any of you could actually keep a real job that requires some sort of talent.

>>738794
Neets stay at home with their mom's, which is your only option other than the streets. Fucking hilarious.
>>
File: 12ibii.jpg (99KB, 594x393px) Image search: [Google]
12ibii.jpg
99KB, 594x393px
>>738806
>Hopefully Trump will accomplish this task.

Opinion discarded
>>
>>738811
>being trolled this easily
>>
>>738806
Ahahaha faggot, look how gay you are aaaaahhhhahahaha
>>
check out the dumpster diving thread on /ck/ there's been a few there lately.

>>>/ck/7559038
>>
File: 44443eb7c4.jpg (38KB, 632x419px) Image search: [Google]
44443eb7c4.jpg
38KB, 632x419px
>>738824
>>
File: fec.jpg (22KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
fec.jpg
22KB, 600x400px
>>738806

Stopped reading at trump LOL what a fag
>>
>>738823
Quality banter m8, you should post more often
>>
>>738831
Damn, I'm surprised how easy you vagafags get trolled. Another one in the bag :^)
>>
>>738832
>>738837
Faaaaaaaaaaaag
>>
>>738839
Feeling those repressed feelings coming out? I'm just glad to contribute in ruining these shit threads. They don't belong on /out/. Go post on /b/ or something. At least your filth will go undetected.
>>
>>738841
Ruin? Huehuehue you couldnt ruin your way out of a wet paper bag beeeeeeitch
>>
>>738866
Insults only work when they are accurate. You don't know how to insult me so you're grasping at straws. It's a little pathetic. Meanwhile I know you're a sorry sack of shit with a cardboard sign draining society with your bullshit. Why haven't you killed yourself yet? Still going off the steam that this was your choice and you're on some adventure? Guess what, no one wants you around. No one wants to see your crusty ass standing on the corner begging for a couple extra dollars so you can score some drugs. Oh I mean a bus ride right? Fucjing hilarious. The only thing you're reliable at is ruining someone else's property because you feel so privileged to do so. You're a complete waste of life and you should feel ashamed to even show your face in public. Exterminate all bums now.
>>
Not a vagabond, but seriously considering the lifestyle and take an interest in what you guys have to say. As >>738391 says, there ought to be some guidelines to sift out shitposters from experienced people. Housies like myself should probably not post unless asking a question, to which answers and advice can be in the form of actual experiences. You can probably tell which stories are full of shit and which make sense. Respect for both parties are maintained and everyone can have a relatively decent conversation. So for those trainhopping in the northwest, how would you go about finding a spot to catch out at a large junction like Kennewick or Hermiston?
>>
>>738883
Kek yer gay

>>738894
Bring on the posts mate, ask away. The shitposters arent gonna scare us off. Well, except for that one guy. When i say housies im talking about house punks, basically your grown up punk kids that live in squats or communal punk houses/anarchist collectives. They are the tumblrinas of the gutter and generally completely unlikable. I dont have any problem with normies so no one should refrain from posting on those grounds.
I dont really ride freight anymore, i would mostly avoid bigass yards if i could and hitch to a more remote catch out. I dont like ending up on a train with people i dont know.
>>
>>738894
You're not a housie you're a fucking yuppie oogle fuck stop trying to coopt our language.

Housies are fake anarch kids squatting in a building that "omg doesn't have utilities so hard much oppression ten likes on facebook check out my imgur of the dirty kitchen lololol" like this fake faggot >>738403 who had the luxury of full utilities and raping bitches and writing fan fiction on a gay ass blog like he thinks anyone matters. Now he doesn't go to 1/4 of the country because the real old timers will kick his teeth in and fuck his face for being a fucking rapist, maybe he's avoiding a second illegitimate child too.

You. YOU:
You're a fat kid living in a house that mommy and daddy bought you, sucking off the capitalist teat. If you think that paying for the house with your own money means they didn't in actual effect buy it for you than I can't help your fucking retarded mind to see.

Nobody wants you in these threads.

These threads are not for your entertainment or education.

This board is not meant for people like you.

Get the fuck out the board faggot.
>>
>>738900
Thanks Anon. What made you stop riding freight? I've only gone a few times and don't blame you for stopping, but what about this method of travel turned you away from it?
>>
>>738900
The intellectual level of a 4th grader. No wonder you're homeless hahaha
>>
>>738912
Not shit really, i ended up with a car a couple years ago and now i have a half size school bus. Shits ezmode these days.
>>
>>738910
My apologies for the misunderstanding. The reason I'm on is because I am none of those things you accuse me of. I live modestly from paycheck to paycheck working a shit job. I'm almost out of dough because of college and do not wish to be a prisoner to debt or Uncle Sam's leaking teat, and therefore may have to drop out. I don't own a house or a vehicle, and don't plan on messing things up for the others leading this lifestyle, hence my interest in the thread to avoid future mistakes or misunderstandings.
>>
>>738946
>college
YUPPIE
fuck right off
>>
File: RlQhnB3EH4.jpg (56KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
RlQhnB3EH4.jpg
56KB, 500x333px
>>738949
not him but fuck off, not everyone wants to be some crusty loser faggot like yourself, some try to better themselves.
>>
>>738954
>better themselves
It doesn't count as bettering yourself if it was given to you beforehand. And he's dropping out anyway so all I see in his post is someone that was handed the keys and pissed it away. He's worse than a "crusty loser faggot."

>>738946
>and don't plan on messing things up for the others leading this lifestyle
You're already messing things up, consider suicide you failure.
>>
>>738806
Just smile and wave guys
>>
>>738946
You probably lease a new car every year and buy the new iphone whenever it comes out, only $399 a month from your overlord at att, and that's why you are "poor."

Your consumerist lifestyle is what has lead to you being unhappy, and you are part of the problem that created and feeds into that mentality. I have no sympathy for you.
>>
>>738946
>The reason I'm on is because I am none of those things you accuse me of.
bullshit
>>
Sidewalk slam in muh bus bitches
>>
File: 0414161845_HDR.jpg (5MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
0414161845_HDR.jpg
5MB, 5312x2988px
>>
>>739109
You need to drink more water man, piss shouldnt be that dark
>>
>>739132
You shut yer mouth my piss is the best
>>
>>738963
Given? Are you suggesting its worth nothing to go to school unless you pay for it all yourself? No grants loans or scholarships? You are a prick anon. You remind me of the 'traincore' faggots in fort collins who will tell you how much of a sheeple cog you are then ask for ten bucks. You hate everyone so much, the fuck are you doing here?
>>
>>739204
Wow you're an angry guy. You should lighten up Anon; you're posting on a thai carpet merchanding forum.
>>
>>739227
What?
>>
>>739285
?

You sound like a crazy person.
>>
File: angryguy.jpg (76KB, 1067x312px) Image search: [Google]
angryguy.jpg
76KB, 1067x312px
>>739287
Looks like he deleted his post because it was incoherent and made him look like a nutcase.
>>
>>739287
Meant to reply to this cunt who's mad I don't think or talk about the same faggot anticapitalism bullshit that he spews
>>738910
Fuck, you shit this thread up quick faggot. I'm curious as to the 1/4 of the country I don't visit, Portland counts as 1/4? Cause that hipster palace is the only place I don't go. You want the dumb girl from the story who accused me's tumblr so you can go talk to her yourself, you massive cuck? She's a housie antifa feminist cunt. Fuck, you're so retarded, I think you're just trolling. The squat didn't have power or water you fucking cuck, that strong independent woman would take a piss out the second story window facing a ton of apartments.
>>
What the fuck is going on
>>
>>739290
Bruv calm down. It's an Anonymous imageboard; don't get so mad just because someone said something you don't like.

>>739293
An autistic is getting assblasted because another autistic called him a fatty.
>>
>>739289
Yeah so incoherent because I forgot to quote some faggot hanging on my every word enough to recognize me two threads over now, jesus fuck where did all the fucking cuck redditors come from. I bet I could have left him unquoted and he'd have still replied because he's apparently mad fucking butthurt that people who aren't scumfucs live out here too.

>>739293
Some faggot oogle is trolling and flinging shit as hard as possible. If there's one thing I've learned its that the loudest "Fuck Babylon fuck your system maaaan" are the most obnoxious dependant-on-the-system faggots who come from wealth in the first fucking place.
>>
>>739295
You're like the guy in the river complaining that the other guy in the river is wet.
>>
>>739295
Stay mad socks.
Johnny says hi :-)
>>
>>739290
Spoken like a true housie rapist cruster skum
>>
>>739299
ITT: Autists with anger problems
>>
>>739299
Which one? Spoons playing third eye Johnny? >>739301
Fucking lel confirmed for trolling, my bad
>>
>>739293
Some smelly hobo couldn't afford his schizo drugs this month, word salad rant about the diabolical machine incoming in 3... 2... 1...
>>
>>739303
River Johnny
>>
>>739306
Topkeks aside; this is a pretty accurate description of what seems to be happening in this thread. Theres one really super angry hobo who keeps getting triggered by an Anon who is apparently harassing him in everyone vagabond thread.
>>
>>739290
That's a grand offer but no need, the mention of the hen house found me her tumbler after a bit of digging.
>>
>>739290
From 0 to ABSOLUTE MAD in 1 post.
>>
>>739310
The hobos name is Socks and he's a child abandoning faggot who insists on never wearing a condom. Fucking disease vector.
>>
good god what is this white knighting road bums now? what the fuck? this is some seriously dumb shit. who fuckin cares about dudes past? who cares about some tumblrina? yall are throwing umads around like its four years ago. for fucks sake.
>>
>>739311
Oh yeah? Make sure it's the right one, another guy was accused before I got there in a group of kids I didn't know, and the house was a squat for over 8 years. There's been hundreds of kids through that house.

>>739314
He was talking about you.

Yes, I'm Socks, surprising that I'm the only one who's idenified myself itt besides another anon who met me. I visit Nola, Slabs, OB, the Haight, Seattle, etc. You can find me in Arizona during the months of January and February if you really have some beef.

>>739315
I think someone posted about our threads here in a sjw haven(r/vagabond?) and some superfaggots are now here to shit the place up because we don't like the housie punk scene.
>>
>>739314
Sup, i have a bastard too. To some stupid slut who took 400 bucks from me to get an abortion then used it to run off. Shes since run her life and her kids into the ground. She is also one of those rape accusing feminazi fuckwads. Its all good to sit and throw names around but youre ten times the bitch this other dude is and you dont know jack shit about hard decisions or what something like that does to everyone involved.
>>
>>739313
He probably has PTSD from a previous experience.

Actually now I feel terrible. I'm sorry I shit up your thread Socks.

I did find the tumble but I didn't contact anyone on there and didn't intend to. Johnny was just a common name I fished with. You seem like a cool guy and the only reason I have anything against you is because the whole kid thing hits home to me, since I'm the kid in a similar history.
>>
>>739318
>You can find me in Arizona during the months of January and February if you really have some beef.
Makin a nigga wait a whole year to settle some shit?
>>
>>739320
This isn't me. I actually do hate you socks.
>>
I've been thinking about becoming a vegabond a lot lately, I think I'm gonna give it a try once I get out of my current legal situation. I don't really want to be a fugitive, after all.

People are gonna judge me hard, since I've been working at an awesome company for the last two years, making more money than most people with college degrees, have a solid future as a boss at this company, and have bought all kinds of nice shit for myself. I don't think people understand though, I'm just not happy living this life. I see other people in my situation who are super content, and I envy them, but as hard as I try to find satisfaction in a traditional lifestyle, all I do is spend my time hating myself and longing for the days when I scraped for money, never had a steady home, and generally just lived in filth and chaos. Money and material possessions will never be as valuable to me as the freedom and time I sacrifice to earn them.

I don't know if there's much of a point to this post, but hopefully somebody can relate.
>>
>>739327
Do what you want
>>
>>739330
This is the most inspiring 4-word sentence I've ever read
>>
>>739327
Get the fuck out you ppgle fuck
>>
>>739324
Uhh, I just got into Eugene Oregon tonight and I'll be heading out tomorrow probably?

Toplel, I'm clearly the first asshat to want to fight, I just didn't want to internet toughguy and say 'let's meet'

>>739325
I love you, anonymous oogle friend. We would make a great spange.

>>739327
Sounds like you already have the answer.
>>
>>739333
fuck cops
>>
File: IMG_20160412_232814.jpg (3MB, 2322x4127px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160412_232814.jpg
3MB, 2322x4127px
>>
File: 14606992930200.jpg (239KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
14606992930200.jpg
239KB, 1024x768px
>>739346
>>
>>739335
Springfield banned giving money to panhandlers from cars and I hear Eugene will soon follow. Any word about that?

They are considering getting rid of Kesey square too because of all the street kids. I call dibs on Kesey, I heard there's a book of L inside.
>>
>>739354
That is as ridiculous as the no sitting law in downtown colorado springs
>>
>>739356
They claimed in the meeting that it mainly has to do with safety (bullshit) also there were complaints that panhandlers were collecting money from cars who would drive around the corner and pick up drugs. You can now get a fine in Springfield for giving a panhandler money from your car. Any time else is fine though.
>>
>>738397
>>738516
>>738661
>>738688
>/out/ fucks with homeless threads every time
>homeless NEET what do
>moving to leddit

you guys should seriously consider moving to /trash/ instead. just advertise here on /out/ whenever it comes up that the real homeless/vagabond general is located there. once word spreads, people here and even other boards will pick it up and redirect losers and wannabe vagrants on your behalf for free. '/trash/ is were the homeless post' would be a powerful meme. you could even prepare a FAQ document and compile a list of useful resources to keep the usual questions to a minimum instead of reinventing the wheel every time a thread is started - but be forewarned, that might take some effort/planning/organizational skills.

>located literally in /trash/, just like in real life
>other people who hate your kind do the work for you, just like in real life
it's too perfect. local trolls and hateful yuppies stop giving a fuck and you could claim an entire board as your rightful identity.
>>
>>739359
We belong here you faggots just dont wanna believe it.
>>
File: 14606995395581.jpg (242KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
14606995395581.jpg
242KB, 1024x576px
>>739354
I mentioned talking about Eugene in the last thread, I'll talk about it tomorrow once I've got wifi and whatever. The no passing money from moving cars ban will just drive up aggressive panhandling(crackspanging) and really is a retarded way to combat the problem. Eugene and Springfield are getting fucked so hard. In a nutshell before I go to bed I can only compare the extremely city's attempts to combat the 'problems' to what happened in 2013 in Seattle with a giant bumsquat called "nickelsville"

Basically nickelsville received 500k from the city to help the people camped there in the tent city get things they needed and on their feet, but it was ran by a guy who basically controlled the homeless, ensured his camp was as full as possible and had no accountability whatsoever. What incentive do you have to actually solve the problem when your paycheck comes from "treating" the symptoms of said problem?

Downtown Eugene, fuck, that's for tomorrow. This town is too close to Portland, the hipsters who actually get out of Portland only make it to Eugene. I've seen random yuppie hippie looking guys shooting up in the alleyway here on a Friday night, the alleyways downtown that have cameras and microphones and even signs that say it.

>>739356
Lots of places have no sit or lay laws. In places like San Francisco the cops don't usually enforce it if you acknowledge it and stand up when you see them, most others though I've noticed how shitty and on point they will enforce it.

Places like Boulder Colo apparently if you get caught charging your things on an outlet you can get fined for electronic larceny.

As weird as it sounds corrupt cops who're glorified gang members are the easiest to deal with when it comes to sliding for dumb shit.
>>
>>739361
right, because busking and dumpster diving is so /out/ related. shit, retarded knife threads are more relevant.
>>
>>739366
>he doesn't believe in reading stickies

But yes I was planning on going full autist and writing out some faq and various bs for future generals
>>
>>739366
Bitch please im innaforest right now
>>
>>739368
well shit, never mind then. grorious nipponese moot needs to rewrite that shit.
>>
>>739366
Literally read the /out/ sticky. /out/ is the place for the homeless.
>>
>>738910
>These threads are not for your entertainment
then stop making them so entertaining
>>
Should i buy a tent or a tarp?
>>
>>739438
Yes.
>>
>>739433
I love how a jaded (insert hobo slang) is frothing at the mouth, telling an audience he can't identify with, that they wish they were him, and that they aren't doing it correctly.
I'm starting to think the culture revolves around fear of commitment, social anxiety, and unmanaged attention disorders.
By far best thread on out
>>
>>739493
>one retard
>whole community must be like him

Just ignore the rest of us
>>
>>739438
Get two tarps
>>
>>739438
Definitely two tarps. Way mote functionality, lighter, more easily replaced.
>>
>>739506
>>739512
Why two?
>>
>>739528
Fuck it, get three tarps
>>
>>739532
I carry 5 myself
>>
Fuck tarps. Get 21 moras and youre set.
>>
>>739528
One for the ground and one for adequate cover above you.
>>739551
Only 21 Mora knives? What a pleb. I bet you don't even carry an empty waterbed around to fill with your piss and sleep on.
>>
Are there any decent packs that won't draw a lot of attention? I'm looking in the the 35L-45L range but I'm flexible on that.
>>
>>739608
You mean in the eyes of normal people or in the eyes of other hobos?
>>
>>739613

A bit of both I guess. What I have now looks like one of those typical hiking packs that you would take into the woods for a week and it feels like a lot of people are noticing me when I'm walking with it.
>>
>>739615
It's difficult to not draw attention once you have a certain amount of backpack over about 35l. I've never felt comfortable with anything under 50l, although if you're already stocked with ultralight shit and you're in warm climates year round I suppose it's not as big a deal. You really start limiting yourself though when you rely on the weather to be warm enough all the time.

You really should worry more about functionality than caring if people assume you live out of the backpack. People will look at you no matter what, especially once you gain more confidence from doing it longer.

But anyway. I've always noticed people who use a larger backpack(smaller travel pack) in their 'normal' day to day lives tend to use an Osprey or other normal common name brand bag, which would probably draw you the least attention if you were worried about normal folk. I've had a few Hi-Tec bags now, they're a decent cheap alternative.
>>
Is it better to get a folding knife or a fixed knife?
>>
>>739665

Why do you need a knife?
>>
>>739685
To cut things. What a dumb question.
>>
>>739699

Different types of knives have specific uses, and the fact that you're asking whether to a fixed or a folder tells you don't know a damn thing about them. So in order do help you best and give you a good recommendation I needed to know what you planned to do with your knife.

You can go fuck yourself though, go get a Mora.
>>
>>739711
>and the fact that you're asking whether to a fixed or a folder tells you don't know a damn thing about them
Wow you sound like a huge faggot. Im asking this in the vagabond thread so obviously im asking what type of knife is best for a hobo lifestyle, otherwise i wouldnt ask it here would i?
And what is there to know about a fucking knife? It cuts stuff. You dont have to act all superior because youre from knife general. Im literally just looking for a tool that cuts. Just curious if other hobos like folders or fixed best, also whats best regarding police searches.
>>
>>739725
Anything. It does not fuckin matter at all what knife you have. I have 3 fixed blades and 3 folders.
>>
>>739725

A hobo from the north is going to have different needs than a hobo from the south. If you're not looking for the most optimal option then why bother asking?

Just get the cheapest knife you can find. It cuts stuff real good.
>>
>>738389
Wow a scenefag/hipster, I'm guessing you were "vagabonding before it was cool".
>>
>>739615
Just roll yours around in the mud some time. Any bag is fine, use whatever you want.
>>
>>738398
Have you tired not responding to them, as in not feeding the trolls?
>>
>>739730
>A hobo from the north is going to have different needs than a hobo from the south
What a load of bullshit. Cut yourself and never ever stop.
>>
>>738405
Think about the people that produce all the gear that make your vagabonding possible.
>>
>>738424
>Olympic Penninsula is GOAT
Negative, North Cascades are.
>>
>>739740
Vagabond doesnt necessarily mean you dont work.
>>
>>738516
You make a lot if unhealthy assumptions.
>>
>>738661
Amen brüder. Anonymous discussion keeps egos in check and outside perspective can be really helpful.
>>
>>738699
0/10
>>
>>738910
Literally the most pretentious post I've read.
You really belong on Reddit.
>>
>>738910
Being edgy isn't going to work on 4chan hommie.
>>
>>738910
>>738949
>yuppie
You keep using that word and I don't think you know what it means.
>>
>>739745
Okanagwan Wenatchee is fine too. Alaska has you both beat.
>>739725
Get a multitool for most of your needs. Maybe a good fixed blade for self defence and all the other things you can't really use a multitool for. On the other hand, they don't like to pick you up and discover you have multiple knives and weapons, especially if they think you've commit a crime. I prefer a smiley for self defence, even though cops always tell me its a felony they keep giving it back.
>>
>>739314
>>739318
>>739320
>>739325
>Socks
What are you a cat?
>>
>>739334
>ppgle
You fucked up son.
>>
>>739365
>electronic larceny
Are you surprised about this?
>>
>>739433
10/10
>>
>>739774
>I prefer a smiley for self defence, even though cops always tell me its a felony they keep giving it back.

Can't you get away with it if you wear them as a necklace or something? Assuming you never admit to the cops what it actually meant to be used for.
>>
>>739774
Yeah, AK is amazing.
>>
>>739782
Not at all. Makes me wonder if there won't eventually be a case that entails someone unable to contact help or emergency services because they couldn't charge their phone anywhere.
>>739787
Dunno, I know a few friends wirewraps have been big enough to be weapons but I doubt anyone would assume your crystal necklace is a blunt weapon. I hear if you have a lock without the key it's enough to be charged with possession, or something. I always keep mime on a string and on me, no key, it's very obvious what it is.

In my experience, I've always just pointed it out immediately when they ask if I have a weapon on my persons and they're about to search me. No sense in trying to trick them, they prefer if you're honest and not an obnoxious shit. Sure you might have to "yes officer, sorry officer, I understand officer" but it's better than being detained or sitting in jail and your stuff being impounded because they thought you were hiding something.
>>739777
The comparison was made more than once by the time I adopted the name permanently. At least it's not some grandiose whimsical bullshit, though no offense to my friends with those names. Well, maybe a little.

Also checked
>>
>>739820
So can we call you mittens instead?
>>
>>739827
Sure

Mittens, Boots, Fluffy, Patches, Felix and Blackie are all acceptable cat names
>>
>>739878
How bout curly? Mangeface? Fleaballs? How about you be Spay and ill be Neuter
>>
>>739881
How'd we go from Mittens to Fleaballs? Those are be the edgy tryhard cats we don't like. You can be Shadow if you really want to be edgy.
>>
>>739888
Fleaballs isnt edgy, cmon. If im shadow you have to be nipples the echidna
>>
>>739769
Young Urban Professional

Literally someone that is young (under 30) and employed and lives in the city. He hit the nail on the head.

Fuck you.
>>
Can i be psycho?
>>
>>739892
It's a little try hard though desu fampai
>>739914
Are you a juggalo?
>>739913
Not the anon who called him on it but

if you think the guy who's family got him his desk/middle mamagement job and pays some of his bills and has a security net for him to fuck off in, the guy who's 23 with multiple cars paid off finishing his bachelor's or straight on into his career without a degree thanks to connections, a guy who plays golf and brown noses boomers

is similar to

the guy who's struggling to get a piece of his own in this world at a dead end job, hasn't had a family name to attach to, the guy who thought he'd go to college because he's so poor the fafsa mostly paid for it and its appears to be the next step in life, the guy who's contemplating lying for some neetbux because of how absurd the system is at times, the guy who only just paid off his first used car at 22 and it broke down so now he takes the bus..-

Well, I don't know anon, I just don't know what to tell you.
>>
>>739925
They are literally all the same, comparatively, to vagabonds and the rest of the world that isn't the US or EU (eg India, China, Africa.)

So, yes.
>>
>>739925
Whatever nipples
>>
>>738910

Posts like this make me wonder what Charles Manson would have done if the internet existed for him. Would he just sperg out like this asshole or would he be getting all sorts of shits to join some helter skelter militia.
>>
>>739944
Definitely sperg like that guy.
>>
>>739928
Wat
>>
>>739964
The two options, when compared to what I listed, are the same fucking thing you dense yuppie.
>>
>>739985
You arent a yup if youre struggling to make it on your own in the box. Youre a yup if youre a self entitled piece of shit thats never had to work for anything and take all you have for granted, never thinking twice about it.
>>
>>739928
The way it was explained to me and how I've come to know it is like this; there's basically three groups.

VagabondBum tier: People completely on their own time, people without care for getting into the system or back into the system, down to a backpack or a vehicle and they plan to never go above that if they aren't forced, people who retire very young into the national forest and live there, people who can manage with only a backpack or less.

Housie tier: People who might've been like us once and sympathize with the idea, people who might accidentally end up like us and are looking at alternatives to blend our lifestyle with something they love(Festie kids, Musicians, Artists), people who are somewhat similar to us but amount to hipsters(house punks, extreme crusties, college kids hanging with us in the parks in Berkeley or Portland), addicts like us because they're an addict but if you gave them an apartment and Netflix and didn't kick them out for being a wingnut they'd actually stay, people who might accidentally end up like us but see it's a an opportunity rather than a curse.

Yuppie tier: People who think the system is working great and if you don't think so you can fuck off and die, people who support things like tentcities as long as they're "not in their back yard", people who see you walking by and can't help but tell you how much they detest the influx of "you people", people who refuse to understand anything about our tier and when they do reach an understanding it's almost always based on some loudmouthed bullshit.

The government sees it like;

Those who cannot be educated.

Those who can be educated.

Those who do not need education.

Our tier gets hunted down in a hilarious reality show, the middle tier gets educated in fema camps to become the bottom tier, the bottom tier slowly destroys itself in the twisted Disney land that was created by the true powers of this planet who collect all the sweet sweet loosh and hit the reset button.
>>
>>739994
so according to your own philosophy you're at the bottom and have no desire to improve and you wonder why people don't respect you
the yuppies think they're on top but you can't bring yourself to believe it
not to mention an us against them mentality is exactly what yuppies want because they have more resources and more man power
if you were smart you'd consider yourself the most powerful group able to influence all others
>>
>>740002
Buddy the whole world is fucked. The point of living like this is to not be a part of the rat race and to live it up regardless of what people think of you. Do what you love in life, we love being travlin kids. You can eat a dick and open yer damn mind.
>>
>>740002
Well friend, long ago I decided that the game was quite silly. Psychology, Psychiatry, the curve of the overarching culture. Treating the symptoms instead of curing the diseases.

One has to suffer from extreme cognitive dissonance to function in the system if they're spiritually aware in the slightest.

When people have to make sure they don't work too many hours or else they won't get as much welfare or subsidy. When corporations work their youth as many hours as possible without making them fulltime so they don't have benefits, when pretending to have disorders to not have to work is common and accepted- more importantly when these people look down on people like me for being outside the system; no, I'm not inclined to value their opinion of me at the "bottom", I'm quite positive we surf atop the sea of shit.

I was in a coffee shop years ago listening to a girl brag about the disorders she was diagnosed with that allowed her to collect neetbux and fuck off. She was proud of her social "disorders" and joked about them freely, and the beta she was talking to was interested in how he could get his own diagnosis. These are people shopping with you in the grocery store, driving on the roads, in your college class. I remember way back, listening to addicts talking about trying get diagnosed with bipolar disorder so they'd get welfare to spend on drugs.

I don't know why you don't think we can't improve who we are without moving forward in the system. Do I need a 9-5 to learn the chords to a song I like? Do I need to have a mortgage to make the knowledge I have regarding our culture and social interactions meaningful? To actually acquire knowledge and wisdom I must have assets stacking up? Or is the wisdom meaningless because I don't have a pile of assets behind me and don't care to have one?
>>
>>740022
>>739994
So literally everyone is either

A) A vagabond

or

B) Hangs out with vagabonds

or

C) Someone that is gung ho about the system, lives on the dole.

or

D) Gung ho about the system, a rich upper class yuppie

At least 80% of the population, maybe more, doesn't fit into any of the above categories.

You have no idea what the rest of the country is outside of your particular social group, and you're sitting in judgement of the rest based upon your limited experience. I can't fault you for limited experience since it's a problem that every single person on the earth suffers from, but I do fault you for the grouping.

This is why these threads have people arguing with you in them.
>>
>>740031
Im here for the people that wanna learn, these silly sidebar arguments are just to pass the time. The grouping, when you live like this, is you and everyone else. Thats it. You can try to divide it up but youd never reach categories everyone is happy with. The shit you see is not the same as the shit we see, dig? You can poke holes in anything if you try hard enough. This is what i want out of life, i live on the outskirts and no one fucks with me. I get to spend all my time in the forests and mountains, see anything i want and all ive gotta do is play some chords and belt some shit. People wanna hate, fine, but argument just for the sake of it is never to be taken seriously
>>
>>739878
Ok, you're likeable afterall.
>>
>>739913
I paid my own way through college working a full time blue collar job with a chew in. Going to college and having a job doesn't make you yuppie, being an arty faggot with a dispensable income does.
>>
>>740005
>regardless of what people think of you
Yet you guys are so easily zozzled by trolls.
>>
>>740002
>>740022
I forgot to mention that I do consider us rather a powerful influential force despite how my post might've sounded. Influential in ways people don't even begin to understand. We represent an idea; the spirit of freedom, something our country was founded on. Hippy Festivals and subsequently all festivals trying to recreate what The Grateful Dead started, blues punk and rap music, all from 'the street' cultures of the time and place they were founded.

>>740046
It burns

I'm melting

quick someone call me a bum
>>
>>740050
>you guys
One guy. I couldnt give any less fucks. Like i said, this sidebar crap is just for shits.
>>
>>740031
No, basically everyone exists in the middle one which is more "live and let live". I don't know why you think it has to mean "hangs out with vagabonds", it just means that while you're not one of us but you're also not an entitled cunt. Why can't you read, and when you do read why do you just assume random shit that wasn't there?

>You have no idea...limited experience
Alright you wicked fag, I guess you win. I guess all those hours spent talking to random people from different backgrounds all over this country about the state of affairs, like that time I rode 6+ hours with an Amazon middle management guy, it all brought me absolutely no perspective. Those miniature interactions with thousands of tourists who I sold weed to on the street were simply always about buying weed and never did I have regular customers from the neighborhood who I talked with often or long discussions with the tourists who were never from around the world or far off places in our own country that I've visited.

Nevermind all the things I did before I was a full-time vagabond.

Yes sir, I was born in a squat house, umbilical cord severed by a freight train, never socialized with anyone but vagabonds myself, tenth generation rainbow punk junkie.

Fuck, tell me, what you do anon? CPA? Manage some young adults? Armchair troll about whatever takes your fancy on 4chan?

Or wait

Professional Australian imitator?

>>740050
>>740055
I would would give credit if credit were due, trolling would imply they have some sort of awareness. Holding a retarded opinion and articulating it poorly is a poor excuse for trolling. This is pretty sidebar for me as well, I've always played devils advocate and arguing is a pretty fun pastime.

Back in my day trolling was a art.
>>
>>740057
/out/ needs more nipples
>>
>>740057
>No, basically everyone exists in the middle one which is more "live and let live"
If you meant that you should have written that. What you posted originally did not give that impression:
>Housie tier: People who might've been like us once and sympathize with the idea, people who might accidentally end up like us and are looking at alternatives to blend our lifestyle with something they love(Festie kids, Musicians, Artists), people who are somewhat similar to us but amount to hipsters(house punks, extreme crusties, college kids hanging with us in the parks in Berkeley or Portland), addicts like us because they're an addict but if you gave them an apartment and Netflix and didn't kick them out for being a wingnut they'd actually stay, people who might accidentally end up like us but see it's a an opportunity rather than a curse.

>I guess all those hours spent talking to random people from different backgrounds.....
I don't mean limited experience as in you are a know-nothing, I mean limited experience in the same way that everyone has a limited experience. The fault is in believing that you don't have a limited experience.

Meeting a lot of people does not necessarily mean that you are meeting people outside of your social group. By being a vagabond you are already limiting interactions to people that will talk to vagabonds out of nowhere, give them rides, and buy weed from them. Same as if you were a deadhead, same as if you were some guy with a spray tan and 5 popped collars, same as if you were an obvious redneck, etc, etc.

Most of the country is neither rich, nor heavy into the vagabond/hipster scene.

>Fuck, tell me, what you do anon?
I work in transportation, before that I was a carpenter. My home board is /o/.
>>
>>740061
I should have clarified then probably, I thought that since I said "there's three, not just two" and implied that on one end was entitled yups and at the the other was full bums and vagabonds it'd be taken to mean the rest fall somewhere between there. I was just trying to give examples of the type.

>by being x you limit y interaction
Yes you're correct, but I'm curious as to why you believe that I don't understand my limited position and that I don't work to be an enigma capable of socializing across many barriers? I realize my existence can be polarizing and cause others to not want to interact, this makes many of my day to day interactions hilariously authentic.

>if you were a deadhead
Yes.
Which further raises the question that if you know of the Dead, surely you know of the flow of LSD in this country and how people very similar to me are responsible for putting it in the hands of anyone's who's willing? Do you understand that culture and movement in relation to the vagabond lifestyle as a whole?
>>
>>740061
Dat ego doe
>>
>>740066
quit being argumentative, he amended his behavior. at this point you are just trying to push back-back, when he stopped pushing back.

I mean seriously you're explicitly doing the "other homeless guy won't leave our group alone and keeps walking away/walking back to continue his rant" thing. be cool homeless jim we're on your side.
>>
>>738161
How do I carry the smallest load possible? I'm not carrying another 55 liter 20lb backpack every frigging hour for 9 months again. For a while my tent broke and all I had was my sleeping bag and some essentials, but even that was annoying. Not carrying weight is a very nice freedom when doing this lifestyle
>>
>>738241

That sounds cool as hell. I've always been the type to do nice things for people like you. I remember coming back on a fishing trip and stopped at a Pilot station. Saw a guy dumpster diving and offered him a cig when i threw my trash away. We started talking and he had his family over in a mini van they live out of trying to find some food. I ended up giving them all the fish I caught cooler and all. Even cut up a few and grilled them while we all sat there and talked for about a hour. He used to work in the oil field but got laid off cause of the oil crash. He was also a Veteran and was in the same group as my Uncle. I got him on the phone and they talked and caught up. They were packing up and moving back down south but hardly had any money and was dumpster diving just to eat and was out of gas. I filled up his gas tank and wished him the best.
>>
>>740161
Get a car.

It's difficult to really be prepared and carry only a little weight. The best thing you can do is get a good backpack that holds weight well, stack your things in the backpack properly, and get things/gear that are light. Carrying everything on your back is part of it though, the types to not want to carry anything in my experience are tweakers and bums who utilize a shelter when it rains/gets cold, and who often use shopping carts or strollers to carry their things.

You could utilize stash spots around the town you're in, but this leaves you open to bushbeaters who purposely go around looking for things other homeless have stashed. In the beginning it might seem well and your stuff might go undisturbed, but when they steal your sleeping bag suddenly that 3lbs wasn't all that much to carry and you're regretting not taking it with you.

When stashing things I rarely leave anything important, when I'm in a town for more than a few days I'll sometimes stash food and if I have a 'camp' I might leave my tarp situation set up.

Alternatively if you maintain good layers and only need a tiny little shell to sleep, which is easy enough in the summer months, you can minimize down to a certain point and be very light.

If you have no shame or don't care about going full bum in one place, you could get a shopping cart and have a bum squat on the edge of town, dirty and filled with random clothes/blankets. Wouldn't recommend the shopping cart route.

>>740097
I thought we were being cordial, and I was just wondering why he thought I don't understand the social limitations imposed when you begin separating yourself into groups, as though he were dropping some eye opening social revelation that wasn't a precursor to the group(s) I'm mainly identified with now.

In my circles, it's our job to infect people with the idea; the further they are away from us when they do finally get it, the better. This requires us to transcend social barriers.
>>
>>740163
a goddamn sainthood awaits you, bro.
>>
How to be homeless in Paris?
>inb4 no im not an arab.
>>
>>739438
Yes, it's cheaper than renting.
>>
>>738806
I dont agree with this cunt but for fuck´s sake
>>738811
>>738823
>>738831
>>738997
you guys are pathetic, not even kidding
>>738823
>>738997
specially this two
>>
>>740066
>I should have clarified then probably, I thought that since I said "there's three, not just two" and implied that on one end was entitled yups and at the the other was full bums and vagabonds it'd be taken to mean the rest fall somewhere between there. I was just trying to give examples of the type.
It sounds like we're pretty much in agreement then, even from the start.

>and that I don't work to be an enigma capable of socializing across many barriers?
It isn't just up to you, but also other people and their prejudices and biases, there's only so much you can do personally to compensate for that. That said, this and the rest of what I posted before is moot because of above.

>if you know of the Dead, surely you know of the flow of LSD in this country and how people very similar to me are responsible for putting it in the hands of anyone's who's willing? Do you understand that culture and movement in relation to the vagabond lifestyle as a whole?
I know of it, but do not really know anything about it. I would like to try LSD at some point.

>>740067
I don't follow.

>>740097
I have no idea what this guy is on about either.
>>
>>740040
>People that wanna learn
How does one go about learning to train-hop when they aren't already a part of that community? I've read extensively about it on STP, but even after going over all the logistics, it's always still recommended to go with someone who has experience. I'm confounded as to what situations could arise that would require that assistance but not be worth mentioning on a site largely dedicated to it.
>>
>>740604
Go hitchhiking. You will meet other vagabonds sooner or later.
>>
Oh man this thread never ceases to entertain. Everytime I come here it's full of drama.
>>
>>738405
Wow I forgot how cool and sincere and satyrical the peeps on 4chan are. Love it
>>
>>740613
I want to get there quick, I sort of have a deadline.
>>
>>738405
>honestly I think the world would be better off if everyone that wasn't a vagabond would just die

I don't agree with this

>I truly believe it is the natural human state and society is a perversion

I do agree with this. Consumerism and materialism is the worst thing to happen to our species. The wrong things are valued.
>>
Lots of different perspectives in this thread.

Currently not homeless but living in a shelter in Salem MA. Debating collecting neetbux and heading back to school for video game design. Eventually want to make enough money to get a house in the woods, leave the rat race, and do a lot of camping. Just wanted to say how much I appreciate how many of you can "go all the way" so to speak. I only lived on the street for a few days in LA sleeping under a propped up mattress + cardboard in a Venice beach alleyway and the following night in an underpass in Santa Monica, dumpster diving to eat. Felt very much alive. Anyways, best of luck to all of you living free.
>>
>>740653
>Eventually want to make enough money to get a house in the woods, leave the rat race, and do a lot of camping.

Good luck Bruv; I like you.
>>
Fuuck ive got the itis, busking tonight got 45 bucks so far people kicked down hundreds of dollars of fancy fuckin restraunt food im so fuckin full and stoned i might just pack it in and go find a crash spot
>>
>>740747
Stick it out anon, all the qts come out of the bars later, you might get adopted.
>>
>>740653
Man Venice Beach is a weird place to be temp homeless. All the train jumping ALICE packs, the Hari Krishna food plates, the walking barefoot in the grass by the beach, and the established hobos bullying for weed. I met some nice people out there and would recommend AGAINST stealing at the out door mall.
>>
File: 14608617368920.jpg (187KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
14608617368920.jpg
187KB, 1024x768px
I said I'd talk about Eugene Oregon because there's a lot of things to about in relation to the vagabond/homeless world when talking about Eugene so..

It's one of only so many towns located along the west coast that are essentially targets for people coming from other places.

Along the west coast, the cities that are of any size at all are; San Francisco, San Diego, Los Angeles, Seattle, and Portland. The corridors between San Francisco to San Diego and Olympia to Everett are supplementary to the cities they're near and I won't bother addressing those.

The other regions/towns""scenes"" of ~80-300k size that are along the 5/101 corridor somewhat near the coast are Medford(Ashland/GrantsPass), Redding(Shasta, Trinity), Eugene, Salem, Humbolt(Arcata, Eureka, Garberville, small region) and the Olympia Penninsula which is being swallowed by Seattle.

The flow of youth from the smaller towns into the cities is extremely prevalent on the west coast, leaving the places that I haven't mentioned already looking like a weird mix between a Midwestern shithole and a thriving tourist town. When someone's looking to move from their real Midwestern shithole, looking for a city/scene of some sort, or they're coming out here for an idea that it's going to be more liberal and relaxed, the cities they have to choose from in the list are as follows;

Seattle/Olympia; Expensive, densely populated and only getting worse
Portland; becoming expensive, filled with caricatures that make the rest of the State/Country resent leftists
San Francisco; expensive, the city where you go to waste your youth and have a city experience
LA; Expensive, gangs and tourism, I don't even know what possesses people to move there in the slightest anymore.
>various tourmaline, double terminated purple sapphire, hessonite garnet
>>
>>740750
I hate the dead zone in this town, ill just fuck off til 1
>>
File: 14608642968470.jpg (176KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
14608642968470.jpg
176KB, 1024x768px
>>740791
The places that aren't cities/close to the city with a 'scene' and that are considered 'laid back' and more liberal for people moving around to choose from are

Ashland; somewhat expensive and filled with people who left San Francisco a long time ago, got to the first place not in CA they liked and said 'this is it!', a rather small scene
Humboldt; a small scene, somewhat expensive, only for growing pot
Shasta;tiny scene of hippy commune drama

And Eugene Oregon. Rather inexpensive large scene supplemented by Portland, with people who've bounced all over the west coast and settled there as its the small college city with a bohemian vibe.

Eugene is the town where the people who can't afford to live in the other cities, the people who don't want to live in a city but also don't want want to live in a small town, the people who have become jaded with the left due to bullshit in the cities but also don't want to abandon the ideology, the people chasing some fake idea about the hippy movement, wind up.

Also a lot of normal people who don't want to live in a city but want to have a scene(to get laid, who could blame them) go to Eugene too.

The problem with the street scene in Eugene and all the town's along the 5/101 corridor is the flow of drugs from Mexico and California. Some places it collects more than others. Eugene/Springfield has all the gang involvement, drug use, human trafficking, chop shops and etc that you would expect in a large city, but on the surface it appears to be a chill hippy town.

The Hippy movement was largely credited to Kesey for some reason, Eugene being the town he chose to settle in, it gained the reputation of being 'the place to be' if you were following the ideas of the hippy and didn't want to go full innawoods. As with most counter cultures, the Hippy movement was bought and sold.
>Different kinds of rubies
>>
>>740859
Lemme get some lucy nipples
>>
File: 14608679189050.jpg (155KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
14608679189050.jpg
155KB, 1024x768px
>>740859
It was mostly sold at the Oregon Country Faire which started in the 70s. It was meant to be like a rainbow gathering. The original vendors and artists quickly became a very tight knit group of regulars. These regulars and their very close crowd, coupled with Kesey's legacy and a guy named Matthew Knight, are essentially all the 'job creators' of the city, you could say.

In the beginning it was quite spectacular and something to see, I'm sure.

Now, the puppeteers are out there with the same puppets they've had for 20 years, the folks on stilts are the same ones since the beginning and they're literally using walkers on stilts because they're so old, people are paying thousands of dollars over the weekend to camp with thousands of people fenced in, some to do psychedelics in a big space with a ton of other people where all the food costs lodes e money, and these are only minor things that muck the surface of what it represents.

The Oregon Country Faire is basically a Burning Man Lite innawoods, except there's not a city right outside where Burning Man is, filled with bohemian firespinners that spend the rest of the year talking about the last one and preparing for the next one while trying to maintain a city they aren't going to burn down.

Your success in Eugene as a new person largely depends upon sucking up to the in crowd of the Oregon Country Fair. One must volunteer for the staff at the Oregon Country Fair, and often the volunteer work extends to doing other things outside the faire without pay (Fixing vehicles for use in the faire)

There's also a particular job that happens at the Faire called "Ambience". Ambience workers are paid and are basically attractive people who walk around lightly interacting and changing costumes to give off the impression that more is happening than what really is. This job doesn't exist solely for the faire though, and the gigs are sometimes not as simple as a party or a festival.

>Smoky Quartz with Garnets
>>
>>740859
Eugene seems so nice but I suspect there is an underlying dark side. One guy I gave a ride to across town was pointing out houses and telling me about how this house has a girl trapped inside, this house has human sacrifices, etc. Every hear any stories like that?
>>
File: 14608726680310.jpg (134KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
14608726680310.jpg
134KB, 1024x768px
>>740902
Eugene is a town where the Law Enforcement works with the alphabet soup agencies hand in hand. This is because they all have so many whacky operations and psyops going on that the local government would probably fuck something up if they didn't have the CIA, ATF, IAO etc on speed dial to gain clearance before they took action, given how small the town is.

The downtown has been restructured and redone for the last 20 years, particularly in the last ten. There used to be a spot downtown called the pits, a hole in the ground from a demolished building, where the 'grime' (punks) basically accumulated on the weekends. Most of the city outside of the Whitaker and Downtown remains relatively quiet and peaceful,except for the places where the homeless services are.

Currently the downtown scene is centered around a one block radius, spanning out from Kelsey square. Kesey Square is mostly deserted these weekend nights except by flailers, addicts, and travelers who haven't got the memo.

The "travelling kids" are piled up in groups 4+ deep in some places along that one block I mentioned, with dogs that aren't socialized with dogs like most traveling dogs are, with clothes that look like half hearted attempts at replicating a style, with little to no gear.

Sometimes I recognize a young addict homebum I always see there in downtown eugene, the last time I passed through(Not this time) a girl who I'd originally met on Haight was there on the corner with several random addicts masquerading as travelers and she told me Eugene was her home town and she'd become fucked off on meth while back but she was getting a greyhound to Montana to meet her boyfriend who'd just broke up with her in Arizona.

In one place they're literally sitting at all four corners of the intersection, in groups 4+, none playing music, some even flying signs.

>Green Actinolite in Quartz

>>740908
I've heard some things.
>>
File: 14608752463011.jpg (261KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
14608752463011.jpg
261KB, 1024x768px
>>740932
Personally I can never deal with hanging out in downtown Eugene on a weekend night. Perhaps it's because I'm always dosing before I go wandering down, but at this point I can't help it because it gives me a weird demeanor where I'm able to give off the impression I'm not paying attention to how weird everything is, causing me to learn more.

Because it's really weird down there.

The Ambience job I mentioned before has a pretty sweet weekend gig often, financed by the business district club I'm sure, of working downtown Eugene. I'd like to think it stops at attractive flirty people going to and fro in bars and restaurants and shopping at voodoo donut, but I'm willing to wager it goes all the way to fake traveling kids and homeless who aren't addicts or oogles or greenhorns at all but are actors in an elaborate show and that some of these gigs might be full time Fed positions.

Eugene does get a large amount of hipster and homeless overflow from Portland, and there are a good amount of crusties who live in Portland and sometimes ride the rails down to Eugene for the weekend. During the week I notice a significant less amount of "travelers" downtown and usually more of the addicts and homeless you see at the feeds every day, and even less hipsters. The hipsters only appear on a busy night, and Eugene has a large amount of people who dress the part and busk downtown with their friends on the weekends and then they go get in their car off to their house where they live and maybe go to school.

The Faire made it so that anyone who purposefully comes here homeless looking for an alternative community winds up back in the rat race for Eugene, if they don't immediately volunteer all of themselves to it they'll be cast in with the addicts.

>Terminated Brazilian Emerald
>>
File: 14608774290532.jpg (197KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
14608774290532.jpg
197KB, 1024x768px
>>740943
I can't exactly fault them for staying in Eugene, some of them have pretty sweet gigs doing things they love. Some people just wanted to smoke pot without all the bullshit. It's not a bad town. I go and sleep relatively sound innadoorway wherever I sleep around town, I've noticed most tweakers sleep innaparks here if they're not in a flop house.

Like I briefly mentioned the other day though, people noticed early on around here they wouldn't make as much money off solving the issues as they would dealing with the effects of them. The amount of drugs pumped into Eugene is astonishing, the amount of laundering racketeering and fraud going on across the board is staggering. A weird amount of it is connected to the homeless.

All of this combines to create a vibe that is mostly hostile to vagabonds who aren't drinking the kool aid of the country faire. The community talks a lot of weird shit in the newspaper weekly about homeless and travelers alike, alluding to the previously mentioned "travelers" no doubt. Despite this, people are mostly friendly on the surface, and only meant the crazy homeless when they said they were getting tired of seeing the homeless downtown, assuredly.

They're going to tear down Kesey and put an apartment complex with a bar below where he was. The people who live on the outskirts and voted to keep downtown, downtown, are now dealing with landowners trying to get zoning changed to build large apartments in their quaint neighborhood.

Like what happened with Seattle's bohemian artsy folk as it came to be a city over the years, they rebelled against the system for a while and kept it downtown, but as more people moved in and the change was apparent they agreed to this and that in exchange for sidewalks and parks. This and that turned out to be selling their town and going full speed ahead with turning it into a city.

>double terminated pakimer with petroleum anhydrous that functions almost like a level
>>
>>740943
Why would the feds be impersonating street kids?

Thanks for the write up by the way, I'm fascinated with the cultures that surround this town.
>>
File: 14608776907853.jpg (150KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
14608776907853.jpg
150KB, 1024x768px
>>740963
I should also mention that Matthew Knight who owns the College and Kesey's son, or grandson, both really dislike the elder Kesey's shit and that's why it's being sold. I don't know why Kesey's son has a stick up his ass.

>>740964
My guess is some absurd information collection, case building, awareness about how the underbelly is, etc. I don't know, to be quite frank.

Anyway, I need to sleep.

>opal
>>
>>740971
Zane Kesey seems like a chill dude to me, he's selling blotter out the ass and still doing prankster shows. I think he's running off his dad's name for as long as he possibly can. I don't blame him to be honest.
>>
File: 14608796853060.jpg (123KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
14608796853060.jpg
123KB, 1024x768px
>>740974
Yea, I was wrong it's not his son who hates him, it's Kit Kesey who owns Kesey Enterprise and the Creamery. I'm not even sure on his relation, nephew or something? Anyway, peace

>Roger Lee Flourite
>>
>>738466
>ellipsis
>getting triggered by the word nigger
3 day late shout out to kill yourself
>>
File: the_tac_sack.jpg (193KB, 750x1333px) Image search: [Google]
the_tac_sack.jpg
193KB, 750x1333px
So, I'm considering doing this instead of just straight up killing myself
What kind of stuff would I need and how would I go about carrying a firearm with me?
>>
>>741010
>So, I'm considering doing this instead of just straight up killing myself
That's what I did, and of all the other things I've done, this actually worked the best. DO IT!!!

>What kind of stuff would I need and how would I go about carrying a firearm with me?
1. DO NOT carry a firearm with you. Carry a folding knife that you can quickly deploy and bring shades so you can eyeball people's hands if they make you nervous.
2. Buy:
A Mapsco booklet (those trucker map books)
An extra lighter
A sewing kit
A very small tent
5 Sharpie Markers black
5 pair new socks
2 new undershirts of any color
A small can opener
A SOL Emergency Bivy Sack
A backpack that all of this stuff will fit in

Then quit your job, get on food stamps in your area (EBT) and wait for the card to come in the mail, and start hitch hiking across the US mate. Or stay in your area camping for a while, the EBT card will coast you through most of a month's worth of food when you get good at it, the rest of the gear is just hitch hiking gear if you decide to say, go see the great redwood forest before you eventually kill yourself. Trust me this is the way to go. Live first, die later.

Wish you the best whatever you decide to do
>>
>>741010
all travellers are searched by police at some point so unless your cc permit is valid in every state you travel you're better off without it
>>
>>741026
>>741025
Thanks for the bit on the gun. Honestly after actually putting a bit of thought into it, it is a bad idea.

Also thank you for that list of essentials. Would there be any sort of essential skills needed before making the journey? I'm admittedly pretty new at going /out/ and never really had anyone to teach me stuff about it as a kid. And what are the sharper markers needed for? I can think of a few odd reasons but I wouldn't have thought it to be an absolute essential.
>>
>>741029
For flyings signs and hitchhiking. Markers are hobo essentials.

Theres so much stuff you can bring, it just depends on how comfortable you want to be.

Heres a list of pretty much everything you could possibly bring. Shoutout to hobo huck.
http://m.imgur.com/a/aZ9fq#0
>>
>>741038
That link should be stickied
>>
How are you supposed to make money? I can't play an instrument or anything.

I really want to just start living from my car with a tent and some cooking supplies. Dunno if that counts me in for this thread but I don't want to argue whether or not I'm a true vagabond or whatever coz I don't give a shit.

I don't want to work and pay taxes etc or pay rent so I feel like this'll be better than being neet at parents house. I don't want to stay here. I have basically everything I'm going to need besides a couple things. I only have enough money for so many months of food depending how well I want to eat, or if I want to live off of rice.
>>
Any one from Europe here?
Are squats still a thing there? How do they deal with the rapefugee thing?
>>
>>741042
That link is shit.
What's the point of carrying 5lbs of shitty multi tools and useless wiresaws and a hundred different plug socket things to charge your fucking vapes instead of something useful like a fucking pot to cook shit.
Not to mention that fence cutter that will 100% get you arrested if found on your person
>>
>>741182
I doubt youre a hobo
>>
>>741182
Its not 'shit' per say, its pretty obvious that dude hasnt had influence from others and thats the stuff that works for him. Ymmv and all that. Fuck all that tiny shit. Horrible.
>>
File: 14609101700380.jpg (252KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
14609101700380.jpg
252KB, 1024x768px
>>741168
With open arms and blissful cognitive dissonance. Saw 5 of them rolling around on kids bikes together, reminded me exactly of a little twerpy tweaker gang riding around.

There's not many squats beyond the few things downtown and Springfield. Eugene is a town of flop houses and crack shacks, innawoods tent homebum, car and bus living, and volunteer work trade.

There's little zoning laws in the Whitaker so every plot is having a tiny house put in every free space so they can fit more roommates in the already packed living situations. The people with propety use the power of their ownership to ensure people become dependant on the situation wherein they're staying somewhere for work trade or whatever.

As government subsidies skyrocket to pay for refugees and other sponsored transplants housing, the cost of rent will go up and the current power drunk landowners will probably begin bleeding out all their hippies and acquaintances who don't pay rent in favor of several government sponsored paychecks.

There's an Occupy movement ran by the feds that sets up and runs tent cities, along a few church movements that require people to jump through absurd hoops to stay in the housing so this ensures they have a constant unsolvable turnover rate, meaning a constant paycheck.

Food for lane county assures the homeless don't have too many opportunities to eat, aside for the main daily feed directly downtown, and extremely few services exist outside the area they prefer to show the homeless off.

They're also building a prison and a mental rehabilitation center near Eugene, I think the rehab center is done. It's one thing to receive punishment for a crime, quite another to be branded unstable and held indefinitely as you're "rehabilitated". Multiple stories of the police behind the station practicing loading up fema prisoners onto a special train around ~3 in the morning.
>>
File: 14609118712470.jpg (320KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
14609118712470.jpg
320KB, 1024x768px
>>741187
Actually anon I was going to say something about it too, Huck does a good job showing off all sorts of random things that would be useful to us, but in reality I haven't come to need in my years of traveling. Like his water filter, his multiple saws and 'hobo multitool', Multiple water keys.

Any time I'm innawoods doing a small personal campfire I break all my firewood by hand.

Locks, flares, I mean really he's basically got some items which would allow you to survive somewhat comfortably near indefinitely innawoods coupled with minor foraging but would be useless weight in your bag most of the time. I already carry rocks and books, and most of my trips innawoods are ~3 days max, during which I need exactly none of what he's listed, especially if there's a town within 5 miles.

Sure, you might catch the wrong train or get dropped off somewhere way the fuck out there, but in all my experience I've never been stranded away from civilization enough to need a water filter. Especially if I had several kinds of water key.

>>741192
>>741168
Oi I'm retarded sometimes, I thought you asked about Eugene again. I'd just woken up and had to scramble out of my squat because some landscaper showed up.
>>
Squatting and communes are big in europe, and you can camp anywhere you want. Also, hitchhiking is really easy.
Trainhopping is basically non existant for all i know, but who knows, maybe its doable. At least there are no bulls.

Theres definitely a vagabond scene, but they dont wear black bandanas and carhartt bibs lol.
>>
>>741231
For >>741168
>>
File: 14609134562211.jpg (173KB, 1024x225px) Image search: [Google]
14609134562211.jpg
173KB, 1024x225px
>>741043
Trading and bartering, developing an art which you can actually sell, temporary/seasonal work normally accredited to illegal immigrant work(12 hour day picking berries for two weeks), online shenanigans, and panhandling.

There's a lot of opportunities to work temporary jobs for cash, but they're often spread out and can require you to be very outgoing to find. There's the trim scene for pot, always a decent option for a vagabond. During Quartzite/Tucson in Jan and Feb there's pretty decent work. These are usually the only 'jobs' I pick up in my travels but there's a lot of farm work to be done elsewhere.

Coupled with food banks, dumpstering and being familiar with frugality, your actual expenses might not be that much and could be supplemented with minor panhandling. Here is a grey area where the asshats might give you shit, but I think flying a sign has relatively harmless implications as long as you're putting "need gas" when you need gas or "stranded, need new alternator" when you need a new alternator and not "HUNGRY PLS HELP" or "HOMELESS ANYTHING HELPS GOD BLESS" Like you're some bum. Playing the bum card works really well for some people, I prefer a different course. I mean, if you're hungry sure, but then what after you eat? "WILL BE HUNGRY LATER, PLEASE HELP"

Actually that sounds like a hilarious sign to have on the back and flip to after a kickdown, I might try that one day for shits when I'm in California.
>>
>>741235
>Trading and bartering
You can steal things and return them or sell them on CL.
Also you can commission steal where you offer to get something like fishing lures. They are small and cost a lot of $ so you can sell cheap and do well.
>>
>>741253
>Crime, Fraud
Well anon, if we're going that route there's a lot you could do. I won't even steal a candy bar these days. I understand its a corporation and etc, but honestly it's not my style.

As far as the possibilities, well, I'm not going to get into what illicit things one could do and perhaps become dependant on. If it were ny style to use crime or fraud to get by, petty crime would be the hilarious bottom tier thought of what I could be achieving with my lack of morals.

Selling weed is about as far as I go.
>>
>>741253
Good idea. Ive done alot of bankrobbing and burglaries lately and i must say its good cash. Maybe even better than panhandling. Would recommend it.
>>
>>741235
>Trading and bartering, developing an art which you can actually sell,

Forget "art". Its a waste of time. Nobody is going to pay money for your bottle cap sculpture or wooden spoon "carved" with a dull pocket knife or whatever busking art is popular nowadays.

Instead, learn a trade. Like carpentry, which is pretty easy to pick up, and will allow you to work on construction sites all around the country.

Most foremen will insist you have your own tools though. Like a cordless drill, chisel, saw, hammer, squares, and levels, measuring tape etc.
So unless you have a good place to stash these while you're off fucking off during your off days this is not the best option.

Getting a kitchen job like somebody said before is also a good way to earn some money quick.

Painting is another good skill. Find a fence like the one in the photo thats all shitted up with graffiti, and ask the owner if he wants it painted.
Bill him something small, like $150+ materials. You can get that done in a day or drag it out to three or more if you want it to look like he's got his moneys worth.

Shit like stucco or drywall repair/patching are easy as fuck. Normally contractors will avoid small jobs because they're a waste of a day. But thats not a concern for you since you have fucking nothing to do.

Once you get good at something, you can start advertising your services on Craigslist either for barter or cash.

You could flip cars too. Buy a car with bad paint or peeling clear, paint it, and float the title to the next buyer.
All you need is $100 for materials, a shaded area, and 4 hr/ day for two weeks. Spend another $100 on a compressor and spray gun and get it done in less.

You can find people giving away working washers and dryers on craigslist.
If you can pick them up, you can trade them for something decent that you can use.

Or if you have a place with utilities, you can start your own laundry service.
Accept whatever you want as payment - like handjobs for instance.
>>
>>741343
This is all fucking stupid and youll make more learning 3 chords on a guitar than every fuckin thing you listed anon. You dont understand how easy the money flows. Fuck working while living like this. Its absolutely retarded how ingrained having a job is in most peoples heads, poor opressed prideful sheep. Youll get paid more to do fuck all and then you can tell people like this guy to get bent.
>>
>>738241
getting a job is not a foodhack
>>
>>741343
Might aswell get back in the rat race if youre literally working construction or whatever. No thanks, ill stick with spanging.
>>
Other than interstates, what roads are illegal to walk on in America?
>>
>>741350
Living off the system you rebel, the hypocrisy is high in this one.
>>
>>741350
>Youll get paid more to do fuck all and then you can tell people like this guy to get bent.

AKA: How to be a professional fucking bum. Get fucked
>>
>>741462
This
>>
>>741462
>>741466
So funny how you dumb faggots cant accept people not working their lives away. Have fun with it ya fairies
>>
>>741459
None. In some states you can walk the interstate as well
>>
>>741475
Enjoy being a non contributing, drag on society you lazy piece of human garbage. :)
>>
>>741482
I do, my life is amazing. If you wanna give people advice on working, spoiler, this isnt the place.
>>
>>741466
>life is all about working hard and being a pillar of society
>>
I'm planning on vagabonding for roughly three months. I'm still not sure how things works in Canada, but does anyone have any advice or experience hitch hiking or train hopping around these parts?

What are the bear essentials that I'll need to "make it"?
>>
>>741489
>bare essentials
Enough to sleep at night.
>backpack
>sleeping bag
>tarp
Optional:
>sleeping pad
>tent
>pillow

You dont need much man.
>>
>>741475
It's not that you don't work. It's that you talk shit about people who work to provide for themselves and expect them to provide for you to. Where do you think money comes from exactly?
>>
Its time to start looking for cannery jobs, guys. Fishing season is getting closer and positions are filling up quickly. Dont wait till june before applying, do it NOW.
>>
>>741495
You need to learn to fuckin read anon.
>>
>>741491
How much water should I take with me? I'm thinking of carrying a small bottle of bleach to disinfect water that I'm not able to boil.
>>
>>741529
I usually just have a gallon for me and my dog if im on foot. Its easy to find places to fill your jug.
>>
>>741489
Watch out for the rape gangs, you should make sure you are fairly hairy and not a skinny man, grow a beard too. Otherwise you are basically asking for some group of hobos to knock out all your teeth and rape you for days.
>>
>>741529
If you carry bleach the cops will hasssle you and nowadays depending upon where you are if you carry iodine (like polar pure) they will confiscate it and hassle you too because it can be used in some reaction on the way to making meth; it's why polar pure was unavailable for a time, because of CA's retarded laws.

Shame too because Iodine is one of the best things for treating anal perforations from the rape gangs.
>>
>>741529
Just carry a gallon and fill it up often, like the other anon said. And even then Iodine instead of bleach.

In the city, getting a cup from the trash to fill with water is great if you want to put the gallon in your pack and carry the 44oz+ water as you walk around the city without looking silly with your gallon. You'll find the times you're actually out away from civilization or a running stream are few and far between, usually when you're more confident in yourself.
>>
>>741547
Hahahaha god damnit
>>
>>741489
I shouldn't have to mention this, but just in case, this anon >>741539 is full of shit, he's just trying to scare you.

Where you are, up in Canada, the rape gangs have barely made it into Vancouver, so as long as you stay away from the SW corner of BC you'll never have to worry about them.

Sometimes if you have an unusually warm winter then maybe I would recommend staying out of BC and Alberta past spring because then they can sometimes get as far north and east as Edmonton, but that's only mid summer after a warm winter, since generally the cold will push them back since they can't really handle the cold as well as the native Canadian fauna.
>>
>>741539
>>741547
>>741559
You guys are hilarious, but I am slightly worried about being made an easy target because of my size. I'm a fairly skinny guy with a young looking face, and I fear this will make me prime meat for a mugging as opposed to a raping.

Thanks for reminding me iodine exists. I'll go pick some up at the pharmacy tomorrow.
>>
>>741561
Get tattoos and grow a scraggly beard. If you're super worried about it give yourself a mean looking scar.

Be aware though that the more you look scary and not an easy target for a mugging the more you scare people you might get change from and the more you're going to draw police attention. Which is worse is gonna depend on where you are.

The best thing is gonna be giving off a don't fuck with me vibe without looking like a hardened gang member, but that isn't something that happens right away.
>>
>>741570
This anon knows what's up. Is that you, Shadow the Edgehog?
>>
>>741583
Its nipples the enchilada
>>
>>741618
I'm nipples, that's why I asked
>>
>>741583
My friends call me... Sid Diesel.
>>
>>741500
What the fuck are you talking about?

>you don't understand how easy the money flows.

>fuck working

Where do you think 99 percent of the money you receive comes from then? Fucking Narnia?
>>
>>741643
Hes a retard bud he isn't going to admit that he is sponging off working people; he'll talk shit about working people and take their money but he won't admit it.

This thread never ceases to entertain.
>>
>>741643
>>741654
You fags cant even follow what the fuck i said. Im not spelling it out twice for your dumb asses, go fuck yourselves.
>>
>>741622
Nah that wasnt me. Id just get a dog.
>>
>>741628
If I took that skank off, would you die?
>>741654
#1 /out/ thread

Though I beg the statement that busking isn't performing a service, if you're good and doing it right you're providing music to people who are dining or smoking outside of a bar.

And the guy said "fuck art" but then mentioned painting, which I meant when I said develop an art-but one of my ex girlfriends made wire wrapped jewelry (lapidary)which she sold to little niknak shops and other trinket stores that feature local handmade art. Cabichons set in wire neatly are extremely easy and loved by old people everywhere.
>>
>>741672
Thats some temper you got there. Are you the same Anon as >>739994 and >>739290?
>>
>>741680
>bad words on the internet
>temper
>tripfag called wolf
>2016
I dont have to be mad to call you a stupid faggot who cant read.
>>
>>741673
I agree, I've had my puppers for a few years now. Having a dog will let you know who's a scumbag with a dirty conscience, or an idiot who you shouldn't hang out with.
>>
>>741680
No, that was me early in the thread, Nipples. I'm not so gung ho, I think. To be honest, the fact that you can't tell the difference between our grammar is surprising.
>>
>>741683
I love it when my dog scares off wingnuts, crazies and junkies and shit. She bit a wingnut in missoula once, come to think of it that was later on in the same night i met your ass.
>>
>>741692
Mine hasn't bit anyone but she'll let you know. I can trust her to be all bark while I get to bite.

Got her a few months after we met.
>>
>>741700
Thats the only time its ever happened and i kinda just wanted to see if shed do it. She was going off on him and he pet her anyway and she nipped him, all the kids stood up and started ruckus and he stumbled off shouting for the cops. Thats one of only a few times its ever gotten that far for us, the other couple i have seen it coming and passed her off to someone else while i handled shit.
I find trouble in squats mostly. Cant keep my mouth shut. Most recently was almost a brawl at east wing in kansas city because some chick said i grabbed her ass in a mosh pit when appalacian terror unit was playing. Next thing i know im surrounded by tiny sjw squat queens shouting about the patriarchy and trying to spit on me. Times like that i wish i had a go pro. I was like im here to thrash not grab ass, didnt work though haha.
>>
>>738241
And how exactly do you keep your precious smartphone undamaged, away from water, recharged, and cleaned?

A human can take a lot of punishment but just a bit of water can fuck up an otherwise perfect phone

And again, what are some tips for keeping the phone charged without getting it plugged in when in le food kitchen because homeless need to work xD
>>
>>739290
Jesus fucking christ the drama
Are we on an early internet forum or something
>>
>>741722
I almost get in a fight every other day it seems, usually just some other homeless who thinks they can walk on me because I seem somewhat approachable, sometimes because I can't let shit slide without checking their ego or don't want to hang out with people who might bring me unwanted attention.

Last time I had a good scrap was a few months ago in the Panhandle on the Haight, my Ex Gf and I were letting our dogs run and some homeless addict girl walking through the park with her dog snapped about the leash law. I told her she didn't have to be such a bitch, and bitching about a leash law was some dumb shit, and she's all "Shut up, you don't know who I am" etc because her boyfriend is in a gang.

I'm standing there considering if my talking shit would cause her to fight my ex, when her boyfriend walks up with his lanky addict friend and tells me to fuck off because she already told me to, and in that I was a dumb hippy about to get rocked.

I start laughing at them, really embellishing like a cunt because I'm not a hippy, so her boyfriend walks towards me. I'm thinking it's just to get in my face since its the middle of the day, but as he gets closer he moves for the cheap shot and catches me somewhere in the side of the head. I shake it off and start blasting the guy and he goes down clinging to my front after only a few hits. While he's clinging to my front I continue rocking his melon talking mad shit his friend steps to me, I step to him with my fists up and he asks me to stop beating up his homie, so I shake him off and go on about my day.

It was pretty funny seeing the group of three in the streets later, like a light had went out in them.

>>741735
As you can see, we're barbaric subhumans. Between running from the rape gangs and human sacrifice cults, our culture is severely undeveloped because all the best and brightest get picked for the hunger games.
>>
>>741732
>mfw everyone asks that guy their questions

I charge my things at outlets outside of businesses. The most cuddy tip I can give you to charge your shit is Christmas lights. You can also charge it at cafes, some fast food, some parks have outlets. I carry a small battery pack, recharges my phone to about %60 from zero. I don't know why they'd be broken, a laptop in your pack might break the screen from shock when you drop your bag, but I've never broken or waterlogged any of my electronics.

I don't get wet often. When it rains I just wait under an overhang. It's not like I have somewhere to be.
>>
>>741749
Last time i threw hands was just to beat up some tweakers mostly just for being tweakers. Spokane washington, i was crashing in a hotel parking lot and some kids came through in a camper truck so we jammed and started drinkin in it. While later someone knocks on the back door, its some tweaker trying to sell us a 3ds. I was the one who opened the door and i despise tweakers so i swiftly told him to fuck off cuz next time i saw him id beat his ass. He leaves, we continue on. End up doing a sidewalk slam with the girl, she cant hack it and flies out the back to puke so me amd her bf get out and usher her off to the trees since we were blowing up the spot pretty bad. Were chillin in the trees, start smoking a bowl, get walked up on by another tweaker who asks to sit and hang out with us. I told him im tired of you fuckin junkies bothering me tonight go fuck off somewhere else, he leaves and shows up later with the first tweaker and one other guy. I didnt even say anything to the surprise of my companions, just sprung up got the one id threatened first right off the bat with one to the chin then got hit with a little stick by one of em, grabbed his arm and just bashed his face in while the dude i was with handled the other one. Knocked two of them out and told the last one to deal with it. Took the 3ds and gave it to dudes girlfriend. Good times, fuck tweakers. I got some cestus type leather knuckles made in slabs at third bunker that are pretty nasty.
>>
>>741764
>Slabs, custom melee weapon like we're in fallout
Man, slabs is great. Just like one of my Japanese Post Apocalyptic Future Animes
>>
File: 20160417_194246.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20160417_194246.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>741192
This shit caught my eye as I was picking up an order at Bill and Tim's. That majestic gorilla tho.
>>
>>741771
Heard there were some stabbings this month
>>
>>741764
>>741749

Real mature guys, you should both be proud.
>>
>>741814
Proud like you are of your trip?
>>
>>741818
Haha is that all you've got? But seriously; violence isn't the answer man. Especially " I was the one who opened the door and i despise tweakers so i swiftly told him to fuck off cuz next time i saw him id beat his ass"

Pretty childish to be honest; you could of just said "nah not interested" instead of acting like a crazy asshole. Hate breeds hate Bruv; you want to live out of the consumerist system? What if I were to tell you that an integral part of the system working is humans fearing each other; acting hostile towards others is just reinforcing that system you despise. Think about it.
>>
>>741820
So not only are you a retarded tripfaggot who cant read but you like tweakers too. Buddy i couldnt give one single shit about what you have to say, once again, you can go fuck yourself. At least tap out some shit thats relevant if you can even manage that.
>>
>>741814
>believing in scraps, duels, defending ones honor, the right to mutual respect, or being the force through which a higher more righteous power can work through
> thinking cuckolding is an intellectual fetish

Pick one and only one
>>
>>741823
Sorry but you don't make any sense.

>being the force through which a higher more righteous power can work through

Sounds like you have a bad case of ignorance syndrome. You are not special; you think your honor matters? It's just a childish fear based on being concerned about what others think of you; are you so scared to be judged by other people? Surely the smart choice is the most peaceful path and not the path that could result in causing more harm and breeding bad karma for yourself? Respect isn't gained by behaving like a child and fighting with junkies. So you beat on an addict? Not impressive.
>>
>>741822
>You like tweakers because you don't want to beat them up.

Only a sith deals in absolutes.
>>
>>741825
>>741827
Wait do you expect some sort of debate here? Just stick to shitposting tripfag, no one is here to convince your dumb ass of anything.
>>
>>741827
>Only a sith deals in absolutes.
t. sith
>>
>>741830
Damn son you mad af
>>
>>741836
>>741682
>>
>>741837
Salty af bruh
>>
>>741825
>peace and love bro, become a mountain that the hate rolls off, judge not
Look friend, we have two different philosophies, and again mine is different from the other anons. I've been down dark paths I don't care to talk about and am not exactly proud of, but I went down them all the same and came back from them with a greater knowledge and understanding for what I'd previously tried to see the best in, to try to give the benefit of the doubt, you see? And so many times have I been accosted and offended only to have "but you're a hippy" thrown at me as if they were allowed to be a cunt.

Yes, you're correct the fear is a large part of the system of control.

Regardless, we're not here to debate the philosophic choices we've all been forced to make. Its easy to preach tolerance and peace until the wolf is chewing on your leg.
>>
So why did everyone here become hobos?
>>
>>741852
For fun
>>
>>738555
Nice trips, anon.
>>
>>741852
Rolling for boris
>>
>>741883
But there's no numbers with them???
>>
>>741919
Then whats the purpose of the pic? I rolled 3 so im evgeny.
>>
>>741939
You chose which one is your companion/roommate
>>
>>741942
I can deal with that.
>>
>>741350
>>741457
>>741470
>youll make more learning 3 chords on a guitar than every fuckin thing you listed anon
Really? You'll make $150 a day sitting on a sidewalk like a cockroach hoping people will throw change at you in the hopes you stop pestering them.

Is that what you're so high and mighty about?
I know mental illness is rife but jesus fuck you have serious problems if you think bartering on craigslist and working a kitchen one week every couple of months makes you a yuppie.

Being self sufficient and having the ability to provide for yourself is true freedom.
Begging for handouts is not freedom from the system.
A parasite cannot exist without a host. And you cannot exist without the thing you despise most. Do you realize that makes you the ultimate sell out?

>>741677
>And the guy said "fuck art" but then mentioned painting
I didn't mean Bob Rossing the shit out of some stretched canvas. The painting I'm talking about is the kind of thing people named Jose do for a living.
>>
File: nicetry.png (22KB, 1548x446px) Image search: [Google]
nicetry.png
22KB, 1548x446px
>>741903
You should be ashamed of yourself.
>>
>>741952
Holy shit what a close minded faggot. Filtered.
>>
I'm just another disenfranchised drone, a sad, weak, lonely wageslave who lives with his parents. How do I drop out? What do I got to know to survive?
>>
>>741959
>buy supplies
>put 2 week notice in
>get on foodstamps
>leave and start walking in random direction once you get your ebt
>>
>>738273

>If it's the ladder

Then what, you climb up to the fucking roof?

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=define+latter&oq=define+latter&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60l3j69i65l2.1169j0j1&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
>>
>>742042
Thats what happens with modern day education. Nobody gives a fuck if its wrong, all that matters is that you pass the test.
>>
>>741950
I can consistantly make 100-200 per night playing music. Ive made a grand in 4 hours panhandling. Like i give a fuck what you think i should feel guilty about. You can shove all them assumptions up yer ass bitch boy. I havent been talking shit on anything but how fuckin retarded you are and i havent said shit about yuppies. Youre a prime example of one though, good fuckin job dumbass.
>>
>>741966
Foodies are great and all but theyre not necessary.
>>
Hey /out/, I'm heading to new orleans today for the first time, I've heard a lot of stories about how dangerous it can be there, especially for a houseless traveler like myself. How true are these stories, and how careful do I really need to be?
Do any of you have any advice about living on the streets in Nola?
I have a bit of cash for a hostel if I feel the need, but I've had a lot of success sleeping outdoors in other cities, and I wanna know if that's viable in new orleans
>>
>>742124
You ought to be fine just do your own thing unless youre really sure about whoever you meet. There are definitely aggro people there but they are easy enough to spot.
>>
>>741959
Survive? Mate youre not gonna die if you dont live with your parents, you already know everything you have to to just survive. What exactly are you worried about?
>>
>>738161
>obligatory hobos are human garbage post
>>
>>742299
>working your life away to pay for your personal prisoncell
>>
>>742358
>letting anyone give you any money
>sleeping on private property ever
>taking a shit at wal mart

You know someone paid for that toilet paper right? Its like youre wiping your shit on the blood sweat and tears of america and you dont even respect the good and honest people allowing you to do it.
>>
>>742367
Get fucked. You think i give a shit about america?
>>
>>742387
Nah im just fucking with you. Stay up hobro.
>>
>>742398
>playing my music drunk and high on the street
>work

Pick one. The sky is the limit out here. I do it up, you can suck my balls. Two times.
>>
>>742398
Now you're starting to see. When we don't have to 'worry' about money that must be paid (bills) and become disconnected from the need to 'function normally' to get money (regular job) we become celebrities that everyone hates but continues to give money to, despite talking mad shit about them 24/7

Welcome
>>
New thread

>>742400
>>
>>742110
>Using this 1 weird old tip a 4chan anon makes $350,000 a year tax free doing fucking nothing.
>>
>>742404
I havent talked any shit on working people, and the fact that you fucks keep coming back to shit that isnt even happening only serves to further the truth that youre fucking stupid.
This is america, theres way more than one way to get by. You being mad at me for providing for my life is your own personal problem.
>you dont provide for anything stupid leech
Me playing street music is no different from any other musician getting paid to perform. I bet you like music right? Well people like mine so they pay me for it, faggot.
>>
>>741749
it's not a cheap shot if the guy told you to fuck off then walked directly toward you
Thread posts: 341
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.