[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Toilet Paper

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 5

File: toiletpaper.jpg (33KB, 504x379px) Image search: [Google]
toiletpaper.jpg
33KB, 504x379px
How do you carry it? I usually just take a roll and put it on a plastic bag and into the backpack it goes, but is so bulky, specially when you are 4+ days in the trail and every inch of space counts. I was thinking that next time I'll just wrap some into a piece of cardboard or whatever. Is there a better way? What's your experience guys?
>>
>>737058
I usually bring a roll and a trowel and press the roll flat, when I am short in sully, I try to nick some from the local mountain hut or shit in the river and wash as often as I can.
>>
It weighs almost nothing, dude. I just take an almost finished roll (I mean how much do you need to take, really) from the house and thats' it done.

On long trips (a week plus) I take a wash cloth which I can use to clean my bunghole.
>>
>>737058
Baby wipes in a ziplok bag. Anything else = fail
>>
I carry baby wipes in a zip lock back. Dry wipes are painful on a raw ass from hiking all day.
>>
>>737058
I remove the center and put it in a ziploc. Then i start using it from the inside, out of the ziplock, its like a neverending kleenex.
>>
>>737142
Apply baby lotion on your ass before you start your hike.
>>
>>737072
>>737142
I do the same as these two, they sell travel baby wipes at target that are compact and light. My shits usually super dry and pellet-like anyways since your body is running at high efficiency hiking all day and eating good foods
>>
Wet wipes all the way.
>>
Protip: you can dry out wet wipes and rehydrate them later if you're a real weight weenie.
>>
>>737072
>>737142
>>737166
Most baby wipes contain plastic
I hope you pack them out
Other wise you are littering
>>
>>737191
>pack them out
Oh boy, don't look now, it's the LNT popo
lulz
burn baby burn
>>
>>737066
>shit in the river

Please stop doing this.
>>
Do you guys dig a hole before taking a shit? Do you take a small shovel with you?
>>
>>737058
I only camp near rivers.
>>
>>737191
Recently got some biodegradable wipes. I bury them deep as fuck too
>>
All these millenials in this thread that can't even endure toilet paper and dig a fucking 6 inch hole in the fucking dirt.

baka
>>
>>737335

all those fish shitting and pissing in the river.
>>
>>737145
Genius
>>
Does anybody else get wet shits and disgusting farts from eating oatmeal?
>>
File: CP.jpg (8KB, 250x191px) Image search: [Google]
CP.jpg
8KB, 250x191px
>>737473
Nice
>>
>>737486
This, seriously

Fish shit in river
>yumm I'm thirsty

Human shits in river
>omg you're disgusting
>>
>>737230
Why not just carry a polartec fleece and wipe your arse with that?
Then when you bury that shit and it's there for a million years someone might dig it up and they can at least wash it and use it themselves.
>>
>>737486
>>737590
Human shit is worse than fish shit

You are much more likely to get human diseases from human shit than you are fish diseases from fish shit
>>
>>737058
Just buy the toilet paper at Walmart in the camping section, or remove the center and reroll whatever your current TP preference happens to be. I pack everything out as well. I fill a large ziplock with kitty litter, and put my used TP in there, as well as wet wipes. In a 2 week trip, I barely managed to fill the large ziplock bag, and it didn't even smell to my great satisfaction.
>>
>>737066

I'm glad I'm not the only one who shits in the river.
>>
>>737058
I just take a partial roll and flatten it and put it in a bag. Saves space and is easy. My apologies if plebian.
>>
>>737670
> it didn't even smell to my great satisfaction

Besides being inside a tight ziploc, I guess that the lack of smell would also relate to your diet during your hiking.

Serious question, what's your diet during a trip?
>>
>>737590
>>737486
Fish shit isn't usually filled with human diseases though.
>>
>>737191

That's what the ziploc bag is for.

I do this also because
1. Fresh moisty arsehole beats paper rash
2. baby wipes = multiuse. You can use them for a cat bath or to clean cookware
>>
>>737660
This is a scientific fact, human shit is toxic to other humans. If you actually shit in a fucking river that people drink from while out you should kill yourself. You are going to cause viruses that cannot be filtered by most devices. Go live in some hell hole like india if you want to be a goddamn animal. Fish shit is not comparable to husky waste you autistic fucking degenerates.
>>
>>737670

Is it really necessary to pack out used toilet paper? I understand if you're using plastic baby wipes, but surely paper based TP breaks down easily enough that it's not a problem.
>>
>>737748

I'm not a river shitter, but surely you don't drink directly from a river

>lifestraw
>sawyer
>>
>>737748
You do realize that river shitting is a meme and nobody actually does it. This is the internet fucktard, on an anonymous board. Do you actually believe shit you read here? It's all fantasy.
Think of it as Freshman Creative Wrting 101
>>
>>737473
>biodegradable wipes. I bury them deep as fuck too

The deeper you bury them that longer they last. Biodegradable items are actually best left out in the sunshine, rain, and oxygen. Burying them puts them into an environment where they can't biodegrade very well.
>>
>>737501
Yup, your body probably isn't used to all that fiber, if you eat it all the time your body should adjust.
>>
>>737752
Like I said, a sawyer will not filter viruses, which can be spread through human excrement. Of course I use a filter.
>>
>>737058
wtf is going on in here? Piss in a bottle and rinse the rear. Stop buying this garbage.
>>
>>737761
Oh damn that makes sense. I don't want them shitting up the trail though. I feel like if I just ditched it on the top soil it would piss people off and if it's buried deep it's nobody's problem, and will probably dissolve within a month or two. I can remember all my backcountry shits from the last couple months, it could be fun to track them down and dig then up to check on the tp.
>>
>>737746
>ziploc bag is for
And you urinate in bottles and take that out too, right? You better be or you're not practicing LNT properly.
>>
>>737154
If it looks like rabbit droppings, you should eat more fiber and drink a lot more water.

>>737937
> fun to dig out old shits
wat

>>737499
thx m9

>>737670
Abslutely disgusting. Bury your shit inna woods, eiter burn the TP or bury it as well. Only pack out when you are in an environment where it takes decades or longer to degrade poop or paper.

> kitty litter
wat

>>737705
easy and simple/10

>>738024
LNT is a good idea, but for the sake of our dark lord baphomet, don't pack out buckets of shit. It goes too far!
>>
>>737761
Depends on the soil and the altitude
In high use areas, not burying is also a heath concern
>>
Wet wipes or napkin packages are better. But if I ever take it, I just stuff it in my pot.
>>
>>737874

The one with the .02 filter will
>>
>>737937

Take photos and report back please. I would actually be interested to see if this is FUD or not.
>>
>>738024

You don't pack out the shit you fucktard, just the baby wipes. As if I'm gonna carry a hot turd around with me in the same bag I have clothes and food in.
>>
>>737748
Maybe people should not drink from designated shitting rivers.
>>
>>738619

But how do you know if it's designated, senpai?
>>
>>738633
Just look out for "logs" floating down the river
>>
>>738637

What, Indians?
>>
>>738617

Actually, unless you dig a hole, you're supposed to pack out the shit.

I'm pretty sure no one on /out/ has ever heard of Leave No Trace policies.
>>
>>737754

The number of absolute fucking morons on the internet is unquantifiable. There are undoubtedly people on this board who actually shit in rivers. Outdoorsy people are fucking stupid 9 times out of 10.
>>
>>738759

Yes of course you dig a hole, what is it about my original comment is it that nobody seems to understand
>>
>>738613
No it wont. Many viruses are smaller than that
>>
>>738759

So you pack out your urine? Or are you one of those pick and choose people that LNT when it's convenient for you?
>>
>>739014
>2016
> not drinking urine
>>
>>737058
Always bring two flattened rolls with me
Usually am out for 2-3 weeks, 3x a year
Bury the shit and if I use any paper, after a day or two I rarely need to wipe, squatting is greatly efficient
If I do use any paper, I add it to my campfire and burn it
When I do desert hikes, if a water supply is less abundant, I filter my urine and add it to my other water
>>
>>739122
>When I do desert hikes, if a water supply is less abundant, I filter my urine and add it to my other water
Is this a meme like shitting in the river, or do you really do this? I'd imagine one could get away with it when you've got that really light colored pee and a good filtration system.
>>
>>739001

So don't drink human excrement then
>>
>>739014

Why would you do anything that's not convenient?
>>
>>739195

Urine is sterile unless you have a fucking bladder/kidney infection. If you're worried about drugs, you piss away from water sources so the drugs are filtered through the natural environment where they will break down over time. If you doubt what I'm saying, you should study the way wetland ecosystems are used to filter contaminants out of water. Contaminants will generally accumulate in water sources unless it's run through some kind of catchment system (like in the middle of the woods). Shitting is different because the bacteria WILL contaminate the environment, so you have try to bury it below active soil so that the bacteria will die out.
>>
>>739379
distill that piss or you are gonna miss your mental freedom and life.
>>
Is shitting in river something bad? Never did it but...
>>
>>737145
why do you remove the center. can you provide a picture of the stuff in the ziploc
>>
>>739440
I do the same and you do it so it would fold easier, reduces the volume.
>>
Good ol Mors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WS9fCMh4uk
>>
>>737058
remove cardboard, flatten, put in waterproof bag.

How do you eat a sandwich? Well I pick it up with my hands, take a bite, chew, then swallow, repeat until sandwich is eaten.
>>
>>740159
>TP - remove cardboard, flatten
why not reverse roll? Infinitely better for environment and you don't have to carry it out.
>>
>>740089
nice

where do I get such a cap?
>>
>>740188
>reverse roll
niggamyeyesisallfuckedup.pdf
>>
>>740191
You just like to be spoonfed don't you
>>
>>739379

Are you making an argument for drinking your own piss? What point are you trying to make? I don't pack out my own piss, I'm don't want my clothes and food covered in piss. I think you missed the point of my post.
>>
>>740227
yeah, I do not understand what he says about the cap
>>
>>737058
Moss, fuzzy leaves, a hand or cloth if you can wash it after. Plus: dig a small hole to shit in.
>>
>>737058
I have a half-roll that I stuck in a bag and carry in my pack, just in case. I usually don't need it, but you never know.
>>
>>737142
I can honestly say, I've never experienced this problem. I've hike thousands of miles every year, and my ass is never the thing that hurts.
>>
>>741074
>fuzzy leaves
I don't know about you but that's such a terrible idea over here. I wouldn't want an asshole full of blind man's bluff.
>>
>>740850
>I don't pack out
LNT but only when it's convenient for you. Remember that kiddies. You only have to follow rules when you feel like it. The rest of the time you can just make up excuses or your own rules.
>>
>>741144

Yep, that's absolutely right. Learn to develop critical thinking skills and apply them to everyday situations, kiddies.
>>
>>741144

Retarded troll

https://lnt.org/learn/principle-3
>>
File: image.jpg (44KB, 401x301px)
image.jpg
44KB, 401x301px
I only use geocaches as latrines and pic related for TP.
>>
>>738637
Kek
>>738685
Log is a euphemism for poop. Unless you meant actual deceased Indians floating down the Ganges. You would think they'd take better care of a """sacred river"""
>>738619
The Ganges
>>
>>737473
Brand?
>>
>>741464
>I only use geocaches as latrines
Kek'd
Those poor children.
>>
>>737058
Just as long as you LNT, it's all good, baby
>>
File: 9845165389498.jpg (97KB, 1377x840px)
9845165389498.jpg
97KB, 1377x840px
Instant wet towels or coin tissue as they are referred to sometimes. Lightweight and do a better job of wiping than regular tp
>>
>>737058
One almost used roll. Double bag that bitch.
>>
>>737191
You can get biodegradable one's in the baby isle. Problem solved.
>>
File: 2016-04-24-07-44-43-1859752818.jpg (5KB, 134x144px) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-24-07-44-43-1859752818.jpg
5KB, 134x144px
Mullien brand toilet tissue. Soft, durable and you can't argue with the price!
>>
>>737761
>bury them deep as fuck too
I think he's talking about his asshole
>>
>>747479
>tfw memories of drying it and cutting weed with it to sell in high school
Shame it doesn't grow where I hike though, would be comfy ass toilet paper.
>>
>>737058
Anyone else use leaves and moss and stuff like that?
>>
>>747479
That looks very comfy for rump wiping.
>>
>>737172
man you made my day thank you
>>
>>737754
LMAOOOOOO would /out/ with you
>>
>>747552
Nigger/10
Thread posts: 96
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.