[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/comfy/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 24

File: image.jpg (11KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11KB, 284x177px
What /out/ feels make you /comfy/?

For me it's having my clothing smell like smoke
>>
File: burning-man.jpg (167KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
burning-man.jpg
167KB, 1000x750px
For me it's having my smoke smell like clothing
>>
For me, drinking
>>
File: gee.png (14KB, 261x180px) Image search: [Google]
gee.png
14KB, 261x180px
>>734850
>>
Cold mornings, birds singing and being near water.
>>
File: night_out.jpg (260KB, 854x643px) Image search: [Google]
night_out.jpg
260KB, 854x643px
Late at night, stealth camping in the middle of nowhere. Confident that no one could ever find me
>>
PBJ and coffee in the morning.
>>
bird singing in cold, dark but calm night. it is extremely relaxing.
>>
>>734879
Is that from Oh the Thinks You Can Think? Motherfucking Jibboo still scares me.
>>
>>734840
>my clothing smell like smoke
I fucking hate this hippy hobo smell but I put up with it because I love camping so much.
I wish I could find a way to get rid of it without having to wash it out every day.
>>
>>735088
I dont get to camp every day, so having that smell in my hat or gloves for the next few days is a nice reminder of /out/
>>
>>734840
For me it is the feel of my foot slamming into a cairn.
>>
Eating outside, even in my garden
>>
A warm sunlit morning with a smoky smell in the air, water flowing nearby and the soft krackle of a reignited fire
>>
>>734840
The sound and smell of rain
>>
toughing it out is always a comfy feel after all the efforts.

I guess hammock cuddles
>>
the scent of pine tar
>>
The feeling of taking a nice wet shit in a geocache
>>
>>734840
finding a nice bed of moss to lay on after a long hike.
>>
>>734879
Not knowing skinwalkers watch your every move.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>734840
When I go fishing, I normally wear long sleeves and pants, so it gets kinda hot in the Florida sun. The most comfy thing is when a cool breeze comes through. Especially on a humid morning.
>>
Having a cigarette while sitting on the bank of a lake catching some fish.
>>
>>734840
Sitting in my shelter.
It feels like a self made little home.
The roof is water proof and I have 4 walls.
The forest workers also threw tons of bricks on the paths, so they can drive on them without turning them into mud holes.
I made a furnace with chimney from the bricks and the warmth gets isolated pretty decently inside the shelter.
Rain/snow+Fire+Spruce needle tea = optimal
>>
>>735339

The sound of rain on top of your tarp/tent is the best thing ever. I grew up in a house with a metal roof and missed that sound. I'm planning on replacing my roof with a metal one when I can afford. Maybe next income tax time.
>>
File: whatwasiscaredof.jpg (73KB, 318x343px) Image search: [Google]
whatwasiscaredof.jpg
73KB, 318x343px
>>735080
this was my all time fav book as a kid
>>
If I'm indoors, hearing rain on a tin roof.

If I'm outdoors it's usually seeing deer or sitting on a rock in a stream or chewing sunflower seeds around a fire.
>>
>>734840
When I wake up in the morning and the forest is full of fog. Best feel.
>>
>>735080
Yeah, but really,
What would you do
If you met a Jibboo?
>>
>>735513
Try and kill him, right? I mean, if you run he's just going to chase after you and get you. I either shoot him or run up to him and try to beat him to death.
I just hope I can muster the courage to face down that horrific beaked visage long enough to deliver a killing blow
>>
>>734840
Warm and dry wearing my extreme cold weather gear while sitting in heavy snow in silence as it slowly conceals me.
>>
>>735834
>extreme cold weather gear
whatcha got? i always wanted to drag my friends out in the woods in the deep snow to just plop down on the riverbank but none of use have god-tier enough wintergear to really make that work
>>
>>735834
Also, after a long days, just lying down wherever you stop with all your equipment still on and just finding that perfect rock to rest your head on as you take a quick nap.
>>
File: jessica-jungMissKorea.jpg (69KB, 560x840px) Image search: [Google]
jessica-jungMissKorea.jpg
69KB, 560x840px
>>734840
Sitting down on a log, looking through the trees as the sun begins to set, casting golden rays across the forest floor
>>
>>735835
I basically just have a shit load of arcteryx layers that'll carry me to -50 Celsius. Goretex hardshell, outer/mid layer insulated jacket, soft shell jacket, fleece sweater and wool undershirt, as the weather gets warmer I basically just take layers off since everything's water resistant until you get to the fleece.

For pants I have a set of medium weight pair of water resistant pants and a couple of thermal tights depending on how cold it is.

There isn't really anything that'll instantly make you prepared for extreme cold weather, but sufficiently efficient layers working together will keep you warm without affecting your mobility or make you look bulky.
>>
File: CRW_0085.jpg (166KB, 1228x921px) Image search: [Google]
CRW_0085.jpg
166KB, 1228x921px
>>735840
aw shit niggs, this! whenever i do a solo campout i scramble to make sure i'm out there well before sunset so i can cherish the golden hour. i usually try to take pitchers too. all the daytime forest activity goes silent around dusk and then everything comes alive for the night. the same sorta magic happens when the sun rises too, everything changes. the light, the sound, the smell. :]
>>
>>734879
how many payments are you behind on your bills?
>>
File: 1458105272516.jpg (81KB, 419x480px) Image search: [Google]
1458105272516.jpg
81KB, 419x480px
>>735272
>>
>>734840
Darkness, as in lack of light. The dark is very safe, because people are afraid of it
>>
Crickets chirping combined with the sound of a crackling fire
>>
File: snide.jpg (418KB, 870x648px) Image search: [Google]
snide.jpg
418KB, 870x648px
>>735947
I'm actually caught up, living paycheck 2 paycheck. If overtime doesn't pick up at work (pic related) I'll have to start cutting back
>>
File: Comfy.jpg (147KB, 786x608px) Image search: [Google]
Comfy.jpg
147KB, 786x608px
>>735840
This this this. Just before sunset and just after sunrise are the best times of day.

Went out on my boat yesterday and anchored up until the sun went down, then motored on in. Relaxing as shit.
>>
Less.

Less makes me comfy. I'm working on purging my shit. Moving to NC soon and gonna try to find a sub 1k sq foot space and have very basic amenities then spend most of my free time innawoods
>>
File: IMG_9016.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9016.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I like to be able to just sit, i like a slow living and i don't want to to have to worry about time. Just be out
>>
Sounds and scents
>>
File: CRW_0033.jpg (323KB, 1228x921px) Image search: [Google]
CRW_0033.jpg
323KB, 1228x921px
>>737135
>Sounds and scents
which are almost the same thing, imho ƒam!

https://youtu.be/qV_0EZvmJWw
>>
>>737099
Nice pic
>>
>tfw be next to the fire heating water for drinking mate, covered with my poncho and listening to the birds at dawn
Feels amazing
>>
OH BOY HERE WE GO

>when you finish a long hike, crawl into your padded sleeping bag, and just feel that amazing after-hike feel when every muscle relaxes.
>when you walk through a canr field in a tropical country, it starts pouring, and some nice local farmer offers you shelter and coffee under his tin roof.
>burning a tumbleweed out west and watching it go up like a firework
>sstaring up at the milky way in an area with no light pollution
>taking a comfy shit while overlooking a mountain, the turd itself crowning just as the sun breaks the horizon

I've only done the last one once before by accident. It felt incredible.

>>735272
Fucking kek.
>>
Listening to the sounds of the wild while canoeing.
>>
File: DSC_1015.jpg (3MB, 1844x2765px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1015.jpg
3MB, 1844x2765px
>be innadessert in Utah's Escalante NP
>no light pollution
>fuckheug clear view of the galaxy stretching overhead from horizon to horizon
>comfortable 60° night out with a mild wind
>set up sleeping bag outside of tent, just staring up at the universe, listening to nothing but the winds and sand, and your own thoughts

Sometimes I bring my camera with me and take pictures. Here's one I snapped. Sometimes though, it's just better to stare and think.
>>
>>735340
how do you make money during tax time? cranking out babies?
>>
>>737416
I'm guessing they meant returns.
>>
>>734840
taking a sip from a flask of hard liquor when I'm feeling tired and stopping for a short break. Jaggermeister is my preferred /out/ drink. It translates to something like hunt master or gamekeeper and contains 56 herbs. Was created by outdoorsmen for outdoorsmen. Now mostly just the preferred drink of guidos and 19 year old girls :(
>>
File: saturnight.jpg (244KB, 854x643px) Image search: [Google]
saturnight.jpg
244KB, 854x643px
>>737141
>sounds
Saturday, I did an all-nighter with my Sony. It was too cold and windy to get get any good recordings. Never-the-less a very cozy night /out/
>>
>>737407

There is still light pollution, sadly only very few places in the world that don't have that :(
>>
>>735088

I don't mind it until you accidentally get a lungful and you can't smell anything but smoke for the next three days
>>
>>736076

Profound, and very true.
>>
File: muff.jpg (859KB, 2048x1355px) Image search: [Google]
muff.jpg
859KB, 2048x1355px
>>737675
noice! yeah I've gotten a couple recordings this year during our warm streak but it's ben chilly since then so I have to wait another week or two before the evening wildlife is around.

also, just made a pair of wind mufs for my field recording mics. the foam windscreens work ok but im planning a trip to the ocean soon so i figured i'm gonna need something that can handle some nasty wind.
>>
>>734840

The feeling you get after you've hiked all day, set up shelter, started a fire and there's nothing to do but sit and let your muscles relax while the sun goes down and the fire reduces to embers. It's the feeling of rest that has been earned.
>>
>>737690
True, fortunately the southwest has a few good places. I was up about 5,000 feet and over 150 miles from any city when I took that picture. It was also a very clear night. You can still find places like that, but you just have to work for them and hope that conditions will line up.

That first night I saw it? I couldn't sleep, just lay there with my head poking out of the sleeping bag and fucking stared at it for hours.
>>
Laying down in my tent at night and just listening to the surroundings.

The wind blowing, the rain tapping the tarp, critters making noise. So much to listen to.

Also, looking at the stars on a clear night.

It's such a peaceful feeling.
>>
>>734869
yeah...
>>
>>734840
that feel when you find a masterwork cairn and kick it into oblivion
>>
>>737601
Mate, you don't know shit about piss. It's called fukken Jägermeister, you dense fucker.
>>
>>738064
thanks for the correction. I don't really drink it enough to notice these things. and when I do it's just immediately transferred to another container. I can see how the mistake could be irritating though and I appreciate your calling it out. u cheeky little kunt u.
>>
File: southflorida.png (716KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
southflorida.png
716KB, 640x480px
Hi /out/, first time really browsing this board. Are there any South Floridians here that know how to make the camping not shit? The last time I slept in a tent I woke up with 8 mosquitos stuck in there with me.
>>
>>738165
Holy shit I am retarded. Just posted in the wrong tab.
>>
File: tumblr_ngg3cthAKz1qz5r5lo1_1280.jpg (221KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ngg3cthAKz1qz5r5lo1_1280.jpg
221KB, 500x667px
>>738166
>>
File: mosquito-trap.jpg (127KB, 940x772px) Image search: [Google]
mosquito-trap.jpg
127KB, 940x772px
>>738165
s'okay. ever think about just going with a mosquito net? I feel like florida might be the place for hammock camping as well. there seem to be a lot here who are into that. I'm in the rockies myself so it's not especially practical. Not sure if the picture works but I have heard about it before so maybe give it a try. bring a coke out with you and some yeast and brown sugar for the trap.
>>
>>738122
Glad i could be of help. Stuff was invented near my birthplace. Back then it was something old men drank. Then they marketed to guidos.
>>
File: IMGP9963.jpg (1MB, 2048x1355px) Image search: [Google]
IMGP9963.jpg
1MB, 2048x1355px
Got a new recording done! I got there later than I'd hoped because of misinterpreted directions, so by the time I got to Cape Neddick I was pretty tired/annoyed. Good thing my only plans were to sit on a rock in front of the Atlantic and watch the waves come in. Comfy af. Nobody else was out there, I recorded about 90mins until water started crashing around the rig and then I got the hell out!

Despite the crazy wind the mics and my new windmuffs held-up pretty well.

https://youtu.be/IDqN6uD6pOs
>>
File: WP_20160414_18_57_23_Pro.jpg (2MB, 3264x1840px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160414_18_57_23_Pro.jpg
2MB, 3264x1840px
I can leave my bike leaning against a tree 95% sure that no one will steal it. and drinking.
>>
>>739537
nece. except tbqh that doesn't look very private. anyone within 200m could probably watch you drinking and peeing.
>>
sound of flowing water
sound of rain hitting my tarp
campfires, i can sit hours just staring and feeding my fire
>>
>>739616
i gotta try and get a recording of the "light rain on the tent" (or tarp) sorta thing. people seem to really relish that, it's geborgenheit. i've added it to my list.
>>
File: pacha.jpg (43KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
pacha.jpg
43KB, 500x500px
Hanging out in my tent reading a good book while it rains outside. Something about the feeling in the air, the smell of it, and the sound of those raindrops hitting the fabric.
>>
>wake up in the backcountry feeling more rested than I ever do at home
>climb out of my hammock early
>there's sunlight shining through the fog that lightly hangs on the water
>doge wakes up on my lap and yawns

Reason to not kill myself #478

>>739621
>>739617
>>739616
Patrician taste.
>>
>>739616
>>739621
>>739743
y-you might like this one. it starts raining lightly after about a minute and you can hear the birds coming in under the trees to wait it out. it's short because i had no protection on the mics and had to get them out of the rain!

https://youtu.be/j2wTZFYhfnk
>>
Sleeping in my tent out of cell range knowing that for the next 48 hrs my wife cannot call and nag me about anything.
>>
>>740205
very comfy
i wish it was longer though
>>
>>740249
i know. i've started making longer recordings now. also that recording was intended to capture bats because it's right where they have a feeding frenzy at dusk but then it started raining so i had to abort. it sounds nice, but the gear was all exposed so i had to play it safe. i have a couple rainstorm recordings but there's something much more intimate about the light sprinkling rain
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.