[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

5 year survival.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 191
Thread images: 27

File: Capture.png (1MB, 903x747px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
1MB, 903x747px
You and a few friends are about to be sent back to stone age times. There are no other humans, and you can return home if you survive 5 years.

Before you leave, you have a limit of $500 to purchase supplies online. What do you choose to take with you?

Let's see who can come up with the best shopping list & strategy.
>>
>>733563
That's a tight fucking budget. Backpack I want costs $700, I'll have to think about this.
>>
>>733563
So are we in our current locations?

Axe
Knoife
Leatherman
Firestarters
Couple tarps
Big roll of screen material for windows or doors
Fishing rod and tackle
Marijuana seeds
Hustler magazine
Sling shot or pellet rifle
Cordage
Antibiotics
A couple towels/rags
>>
>>733563
shitloads of medicine, antibiotics, and first aid. and insect protection - screen, bugnets, repellants, etc. after that some good /out/ clothes and modern weaponry.

by the end of those 5 years i hope to have been fucked by a neanderthal somehow. if i act all pretty and crawl around on all fours waving my bare butthole at him he might just do it and not smash my skull in with a rock
>>
>>733563
Great thread idea OP.

85L backpack
0°Sleeping Bag
Super Warm Clothes and a Dry layer
I'd buy a few axe heads, sharpening stone, a saw, files, and a box of long nails
Fire Starter
Large nylon tarp
Ibuprofen, Imodium, Bennedryl
Pellet rifle 1200fps and 10,000 pellets
Game Traps
Solar Kindle with 1,000 books
>>
File: 98465165661.jpg (27KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
98465165661.jpg
27KB, 640x640px
>>733589
>Marijuana seeds
>Hustler magazine
>>
>>733616
Hell yeah man. Weed seeds would be great. Growing some good green would be perfect to keep entertained. Plus hemp and all that. And if you can grow something that burns right, it would def help with the boredom.

And the Hustler is self-explanitory.
>>
>>733589
Yeah, well, you can be wherever you want. Its not like it's going to help you. I just thought of basic woodland/fields.

Also, you sure you're not gonna starve the first few days
? I was planning on bringing food for the first week, by the end I'd have a stable food income.

>>733615
Dude what's your game plan though. What're you gonna build? Good list though.
>>
>>733629
Nah man, Florida if assuming we are surviving in the area we live but civilization just disappeared. Coconuts, mangos, and tons of other fruits and then start fishin or huntin for some protein.
>>
$500 of cliff bars
>>
File: TommyWiseau.jpg (60KB, 300x405px) Image search: [Google]
TommyWiseau.jpg
60KB, 300x405px
>>733589
>Hustler magazine
>Not using each others boypussies
>>
>axe and hatchet - prob 100$
>good knife for skinning and fishing, another 75$

There's most of my essentials desu. Do I have to buy all the stuff I take? I'd like to take my pack with huge frame, I can honestly put a bunch of shit to carry on that frame, it's great. If not, then

>pack w/frame - 100$
>trapping sets - 40$ (for a bunch)
>two good tarps - 50$
>sharpening utensils - 20$

385$, I have 115$ left and can't think of any way to spend it. Probably on a good saw. I have practiced making fire from found materials, as well as cordage, I'm pretty confident I could make those to fit my needs. So,

>good saw - bout 50 I guess?
>fishing net I suppose - 20 ish?

And then the last 45 on a surplus military sleeping system (I paid 40 for mine at an army navy store but it's even enough).

So with this I can
>process wood
>fish/go for small game with traps
>keep tools sharp

If I were to modify my list I'd put in things like bank line for fishing (for fun, net is better) or wood carving tools, a backup knife maybe, possibly some tools for clothes crafting.

Possibly a book, if I can find one, that compiles essential survival skills like tying knots, fundamentals of shelter building, skinning game, tanning hides, making basic clothes, etc.
>>
>>733629
>muh game plan
Ample warmth, stay dry, build a shelter, bring meat to the table, survive feavers, lounge around and read books.
>>
Here's a rough one

My strong guy is a designated carpenter. Wood via one axe, then two knives and a whetstone. Gonna build a small wood hut then firewood then whittle cooking utensils, then weave baskets and shit.

My other guy is a nerd so he can hunt/gather/cook. I'll get him a cheap spanish air rifle $70 and he'll have to figure out iron sights. I could get ammo for 5 pellets a day for $130 too. Actually make that 2 rifles incase one breaks. He can have a $10 iron kettle for water boiling. I'll buy $30 worth of plant identification books for him to use. Plus cheap seeds like radishes, tomatoes, beans we can grow shit in.

I was thinking chickens but can't find any online. Also idk how I'd feed them.

Bedding would be 3x cheap spread cloths, but can be bolstered with furs if hunting goes OK.

super cheap first aid kit, soap for clotheswashing/bodywashing, a bottle of antiseptic, bandages, medicines.

I sit back and complain about everything the other 2 guys do wrong because I browse /out/
>>
File: paint stoneage homestead.png (217KB, 740x570px) Image search: [Google]
paint stoneage homestead.png
217KB, 740x570px
>>733563

Stone age times where I currently live? For SoCal that'd be around the year 1500, when it was wetter and greener here. This place would basically be the Garden of Eden. I'd go back with a sack filled of all kinds of seeds of edible and medicinal plants ($50?), a large iron cauldron for cooking and water purification ($100), a sturdy pick and shovel to dig irrigation channels and building foundations ($100), a large woodcutting axe ($50), a large steel knife with water stones ($40), a 50 ct tray of bic lighters ($50 on Amazon), firefighter's first aid kit with instructions ($50), topographic map of my area ($10), metal tongs ($10), cast iron pan ($10), hammer and large box of construction nails ($20), survival guide with list local edible plants ($10)

First order of business would be locating a place with dry, stable ground elevated above patch of fertile soil with good drainage near a permanent creek or stream. There's mountains and hills everywhere here so that would be too hard to find. After digging out a primitive shelter and setting up a fire in a pit we'd go around collecting as many edible plants as we could eat in the span of 3 days. One person would be chopping wood, two of us would make rope from yucca plants while the other two clear the plain of weeds and dig an irrigation channel from the stream to the field. We set up bird and mammal snares using the rope to get some protein, and then work on planting crops that will produce food quickly like squash and beans. Make more rope, turn it into a fishing net and use that to get more food from the stream. Use the numerous stones in the area to build the floor and foundations of a cabin, cut down trees to make the walls, use plants thatch the roof. Build an oven next to the fire pit, search for clay to make pots for food and water storage and we're all set.
foraging enough edible plants to survive for a weewhile we'd begin digging an irrigation channel from a nearby water source to the plain,
>>
>>733563
all the moras i can buy and a bic lighter
>>
>>733594
>not usint your superior weapons to impress them and worship you like a God

I still laughed at your butthole waving
>>
File: 1459857600635.jpg (117KB, 600x1508px) Image search: [Google]
1459857600635.jpg
117KB, 600x1508px
>>733660
>water stones
>for five years
>for less than $40
>>
File: chute.jpg (16KB, 400x320px) Image search: [Google]
chute.jpg
16KB, 400x320px
>>733699
>usint your superior weapons to impress them and worship you like a God
of course! i didn't even think of that. fuck.
>>
>>733563
>Cheap ass used trailer off craigslist
>cooking pot
>50 lbs rice, 50 lbs beans, tomato paste with whatever is left over.
>>
>>733773
Do you really think you can get a trailer for less than $500?
>>
File: gotdamn.jpg (163KB, 741x960px) Image search: [Google]
gotdamn.jpg
163KB, 741x960px
>>733563

Cheap used rifle....maybe 150 for it at the most. 5 dollars on oil, another 5 on a stainless steel pot, 5 dollars on cheap lighter packs.
The other 335 on ammo for the rifle, netting 2k rounds atleast I assume.

No one would ever need anything more, and you would survive at maximum possible comfort, which would still be jack shit, but you wouldn't be hungry and you would have fur.
>>
>>733789
Maybe subtract 10 to 20 from the ammo fund and buy a knife while I am at it.
>>
>>733563
>Axe: $80
Process wood very effectively
>Sling shot with a few extra bands: $20
Can hunt small game easily
> Corn, Wheat, Potato, and Pumpkin seeds: $260 worth
This should be self explanatory.
>Medium ALICE pack with frame: $45
Carry items easily in the early stages.
>Sharpening stone: $15
Maintain that fuckin axe.
>As much rope as I can buy for $40
Build shelters rapidly without needing to produce rope
> Mother. Fucking. Dutch Oven: $40
Sterilize water and never goes bad. If I could only bring one thing it would be the Dutch Oven.

Working in teams of two we could build a shelter in the first couple hours and locate a water source by nightfall the first day.
Day two we have one team plant crops and one team hunt/forage to find food until the crops come in; sustenance will be hard but manageable for those first two months.

Wheat is a winter crop and potato grow year round; the moment our crops come in we can begin making tools for long term sustenance and creating a permanent shelter for the next five years.
>>
>>733586
>he is wanting to spend SEVEN HUNDRED DOLLARS on a fucking bag to put shit in

Anon I'm sorry but you're the gearfag to end all gearfags if you're about to spend that much goddamn money on a sack with gadgets on it.
>>
>>733824
>implying he would ever take it out
are you serious!? it might get dirty and he wouldn't be able to brag about having a $700 bag!
>>
>>733660
>>733660
>buying a topographical map of your current location, but in the Stone Age. Even 500 years ago.

No maps like that exist. Even if you bought current ones they'd serve you fuckall. There has been so much terraforming that has happened in only the last 100 years in SoCal I haven't a clue as to what you are thinking.
>>
>>733835
well like the earliest topographical maps will at least help
>>
If its current location (Queensland, Australia) then I'll probably need a shit ton of seeds because I have no idea what native plants can be eaten. I don't know how to trap a kangaroo and rabbits weren't here 500 years ago which means living off fish, bugs or goannas.

So aside from the obvious knives, sleeping bag etc.:
>Fishing rod x 2
>tackle kit, including lots of line
>Yabby pump
>crab pot
>>
>>733837
macadamias, bush tomatoes, quandongs, kangaroo are pretty much it
>>
>>733563
$500 worth of weed seeds
>>
31 mora knives
>>
I think a major advantage would be paper maps with basic navigation gear eg compass.

Cheap and I tell ya, if you are in a bad spot ad need water/altitude these would be priceless.
>>
I wanna update
>>733641
Ok, so
>e-tool for 60$
>scratch and punch awl for 5$
>buck saw for 30$
>ALPS freighter frame plus pack for 100$
>estwing axe and hatchet, 70$ for both
>lansky puck for 5$
>condor nessmuk knife for 30$
Or maybe bushlore, Idk. A knife for skinning
>6 pack snares for 12$
>120 feet of bank line for 18$
>64oz klean kanteen for 30$
>Swiss army stove for 40$
>Dutch oven for 60$
With 40$ left to pick up random items I might need like seeds or a fishing net. Fun mental exercise.
>>
>>733563

Do we assume that we adhere to the same timeline as we are currently in, and our actions may affect it?
If so, whilst the crop ideas are good, I wonder about the wisdom of taking any fast growing specially bred modern plant back in time. Beanmageddon.
>>
>>733563
Going back in time will cause an extinction to animals and/or humans in the past with the exposer to new pathogens...
id buy some napalm, painkillers a lighter..jk.
>>
File: 1458788205314.png (235KB, 411x365px) Image search: [Google]
1458788205314.png
235KB, 411x365px
harbor freight survival knife
the cheapest set of cookware walmart offers
mosin and all of the remaining money on ammo.

We would spend all of our time raping and enslaving neanderthal. Maybe teach them science and metallurgy so they wouldn't go extinct.
>>
>>733925
Exposure*
>>
>>733970
Also, it cant be a stone age without "humans"/hominids to use stoneware. And if animals were to get infected by todays microbes they die off before the party could hunt for food for very long.
>>
>>733563
I'd spend about $50 on supplies and invest/bank the other $450
Do you have any idea of what the interest is going to be after all that compounding? I'll be richer than vampires and Highlander
>>
>>733908
>Beanmageddon
freaking humor
+1
>>
>>733995
>invest/bank the other $450
You can go back in time, come back and it's still a bad idea. If I'm correct, there were no banks during the stone age.
>>
>>733864
That's about 50 seeds. And you won't be able to save seeds from your all-female crop. You'd be better off buying $500 worth of dirt weed and hoping that there's bagseed (which wouldn't be feminized).
>>
Decent knife
5 shitty knives
Leatherman
Shitty hatchet
Stone for sharpening
Fishing line
Few dozen fish hooks
Few dozen bic lighters
Ferro rod
Big pot
5 gallon jug
A dozen 24 packs of bottled water - the bottles themselves are useful and I'll probably have better things to do than boil water for drinking in the first days
Antibiotics
Multivitamin
Lots of duct tape
Lots of paracord
Cheap sleeping bag
Decent used boots
A few tarps
Two dozen cheap socks, another $50 of cheap clothing
Needles and thread
Soap
Couple hundred pounds of salt for preserving meat, that shit's dirt cheap in bulk
Seed potatoes, onions, garlic, carrots, other things that are easy to grow
.22 rifle and 1000-2000 rounds of ammo depending on how much other stuff costs, it won't be pretty or clean but it's enough to kill or at least incapacitate a deer. I can finish the job with a knife. Ammo for anything else is too expensive for this budget.

Choose somewhere warm year round, southern California on the coast probably wouldn't be a bad choice.
>>
>>734131
I'm going to add to this $10 of bulk scrap steel, that's 100-200 pounds of stuff that could end up being useful.
>>
>>734131
I like this, you've got utility in mind son.
>>
File: download (6).jpg (11KB, 242x208px) Image search: [Google]
download (6).jpg
11KB, 242x208px
>>733789
Didn't even read your post.
>>
>>734131
the fuel in those lighters will probably evaporate by the time you get to using them
>>
>>733660
>Stone age 1500
???????? Why are you this stupid.

The period lasted roughly 3.4 million years, and ended between 6000 BCE and 2000 BCE with the advent of metalworking.
>>
Are we allowed to go to thrift shops for this? There's no weight limit or need to carry stuff, it just seems that you, your buddies, and your stuff gets dumped back in time.

Imagine. All those shitty ugly polar fleeces, sweaters, pants, shoes, etc that are sitting in a bin saying 10 for a dollar or whatever? You could but a 5 year supply of clothing for less that $20 per person. Grab some old but sturdy stainless pots. Buy all the cheap blankets. A bunch of knives, you'll have to sharpen them but whatever. Preserving jars, if they have them. And so on.

So you get a whole pile of stuff for next to nothing, leaving you more money to spend on SEEDS and stuff you need to buy.c
>>
>>734006
OK A pick axe, a shovel and a map to the gold mines of NoCal
I'd hide all that shit and dig it up when I get back.
>>
>>734525
>evaporated butane
I have bic and cricket lighters from years ago that still work fine.
My god, ITT every tard on chan.
>>
>>733650
>super cheap first aid kit,
>super cheap
Sounds like a good way to get into trouble.
>>
>>733563
I would not make my purchases online, so that I save shipping costs. Then I would go to garage sales and all kinds of places where they sell second hand stuff. With that budget you can't afford the luxury of buying brand new shit.
>>
>>733586
$700 on literally a container
>>
>>733563

Pennsylvania here

Okay, so first I would go with either the $70 H&R Pardner 12 gauge I bought a few months ago and about 50 bucks worth of various shot, or a .22lr priced at the same with a bunch of ammo.

Next I would go with 2 Moras.
A cheap but sturdy metal stock pot. Preferably enough to boil at least 2 gallons of water so I don't have to haul water every single day, and it would double as a carrying container

A few fire steels and 10 bic lighters
About 1000 feet of bankline
3 standard 15x15 tarps
A big roll of thick clear plastic sheeting
5 boxes of various sized nails
GB Scandinavian Forest Axe
A large basic carpenters hand saw
3 metal files
A full sized shovel
A huge economy box of Miracle Grow all purpose fertilizer
A full assortment of heirloom seeds of every sort of garden variety vegetable. This can be procured for less than $40.
At least 5 twenty pound bags of rice
3 Bags of potatoes. Some to eat, some to plant
Vitamins to last 5 years
2 Pairs of pants, a heavy winter coat, a few pairs of underwear, a few t shirts, a sweater, lots of pairs of socks and 2 pairs of hiking shoes
A cheap fishing rod, 1000' of 8 pound test fishing line, and a box of 500 hooks

And yes I could easily do this for under $500

If theres any money left over I would bring cheap liquor
>>
>>734540

There were no metal tool makers in California before the 16th century. According to the three-age system, California was in the stone age up until the Spaniards arrived and brought their technology with them.
>>
$500 is way too little for the situation.
Let me break this down for you:

for survival:
the budget limited the size of the team to a few people.
Assume a team of 5, that is, you are going to survive on a budget of $20 per person per year for 5 years.
This is so far below the current International poverty line ($1.9 per day), that can be consider impossible to survive.
What make you think that a budget cannot sustain basic livelihood in modern day will carry through you in stone age for 5 years?
For those who want to farm in the stone age, you will no have enough man power nor proper tools to turn sizable land into farm land, nor you have any counter measures against any nature disasters or bugs. These means that your heaviest (if there is any) will not be able to produce meaning full yield that feeds the group. Don't believe me, check out the history of development of Hokkaido (Japan) and how hard that was, and note that this is done only some less than 200 years ago with proper tools, sufficient man power and friendly indigenous people (largely, as they already have trade friendship for hundreds of years).
Hunting as main source of food are way more practical solution for most of the locations.
>>
for security:
Despite all the fantasies of become indigenous living gods and be worship upon, the more likely reality is that the team will be fucked once you encounter a regular sized tribe.
Since you will have zero knowledge of local culture at the time, you will be very likely to be consider hostel and thus must be eliminated.
While your weapons are technically far superior, the actual advantages are much smaller since you have no armor. Lets not forget that stone age people have bows and throwing spears, and stone throwers and known to be capable to bring down animals much larger size then human.
Don't forget, people in stone age are as smart if not smarter (experience wise) than you, and they maybe shorter and short-lived they are stronger, so any strategies that you can think of to eliminate 5 man with couple fire arms using 15 man with stone age weapons should be assumed to be used by the stone age hurting party against you.
The Spanish conquest of Aztec will be an invalid comparison, as you have far less man, no armor nor horses (mobility, psych effect against those never saw mounted units before).
The best case for you will be that either the indigenous dead from the disease your carry before they can get their hands on your, or you discover them first and ambush their settlement and rule over them by showing of force. (later being very unlikely consider you are out numbered, far less knowledgeable of local environment and less experienced.
>>
500 mcdoubles

See you suckers in 5 years
>>
to sum:
The budget constraint is too strict for providing basic likelihood of neither survival nor security in stone age for 5 yrs.

The optimal choice will be decline the offer to be transported, and use the money to hang out with said friends for a night out or something.

PS, yeah, dude, stone age is not 1000 years ago man.
>>
>>734949
I completely forgot to mention at least 10 pounds of salt and 10 pounds of sugar.

Whereas this COULD be possible for under $500, it would make more sense to make it under $1000 if you really take into consideration clothing and medical supplies
>>
>>733563
Nugget + Nuggetfood
Entrenching tool
Knives
Axe
Saw
Lighters that have a flint wheel
Fishing equipment
Sailcloth

Probably gonna build a boat and eat lots of oysters.
>there are people who didn't bring a gun
>>
I wonder how hard it would be to take bison with .22lr, I just couldn't justify taking something bigger with ammo 3 times as expensive. I know moose hunting with it isn't impossible.
>>
>>735014
Would also want cordage and sacks of potatoes. Potatoes are one of the most productive crops and are very nutritious. They're also cheap.

>>735019
pretty much impossible to take bison with .22LR. Bison are large and you'd have to do major damage to a vital, which would be difficult.
>>
>>735029
They're not too flighty though, hitting an eye at 20 yards wouldn't be terribly difficult.
>>
>>733650
>can't find chickens online
>>
>>735031
I'm sure you could hit the eye, but do you think you'd kill the bison or just blind it?
>>
>>733563
>and a few friends
?
I don't understand...
>>
>>733563
axe with 800gr. head 32$
Combi whetstone 20$
Mora Stainless x3 30$
Wood saw 30$
3 wood saw blades 15$
200m. cheap paracord 20$
First aid kit 40$
10 packs anti biotics (imported= production price) 15$
Swiss champ 50$
Bic lighter x50 32$
Fishing hooks + line 10$
3 Tarps 50$
Cheap sleeping bags x3 60$
Second hand Bundeswehr ruksack 65l 39$
3 Alu canteens 15$
Seeds for 20$

Clothing not included. 500$ for multiple persons is ridiculous anyway.
>>
>>733715
I use my 20$ water stone since 3 years now, not only for sharpening but reprofiling blades and axes.
The wear is barely visible.
>>
>>734955
not technically true as many natives used copper spear and heads 15000 years ago. also I assume OP means the stone age as pre-civilization .
>>
>>734967
>>734961
Bro, interesting read and good strategy, but you didn't read the OP where there are no other humans. I'm sure that this would extend to other Hominids if you'd argue that.
>>
>>734542
This dude what's up. Find a goodwill/arc/thrift store in a rich part of town and buy a shitload of "last seasons" gear
>>
>>733589
>Axe
>Knoife

Yup, though I’d say an effective wood working (and other) tool kit would be needed.

>Leatherman

Going to be unscrewing a lot of things in the Stone Age, are you?

>Firestarters

Ferro-rods I presume.

>Couple tarps

I guess, though you’d be staying in one place for long periods of time, so building a shelter would be cost effective.

>Big roll of screen material for windows or doors

I can see the value, as you’re probably going to be staying in one place for long periods of time.

>Fishing rod and tackle
>Marijuana seeds

Agreed.

>Sling shot or pellet rifle

Elastic bands break pretty easily and air rifle o-rings wear out, a flint-lock blackpowder rifle would be better choice, as you could (in theory) make gun powder.

>Cordage
>Antibiotics
>A couple towels/rags

Sure.
>>
>>735877
>you could (in theory) make gun powder
Let's be real, this isn't going to happen. Anything you could make will be far less effective than a modern, high velocity rifle round, even in a small caliber.
>>
>>733616
>what is hemp rope
And I guess you could be a stoner if you felt like it.
>>
>>733563
A few large tarps
Milsurp Alice pack
Hand tools- saw, hatchet, sharpening stone, shovel, pick axe
1000ft parachute cord
(2) 5 gal jerry cans
(2) 1 qt milsurp canteens
Butane lighters, matches and a flint/steel
Milsurp clothing and two pairs of sturdy shoes
Cast iron Dutch oven w/ lid
Kitchen shears
Fixed blade knife
Sewing kit
Medical supplies
Fishing gear

Pretty sure I can get all that online for less than 500. Granted, not everything is going to be the best quality.

Game plan is to build a permanent shelter near a reliable source of fresh water. Trap game/fish and forage for food. Hopefully be able to cultivate crops and trap and breed animals such as goats.
>>
>>735948

Damn, just scrolled back through the thread and read >>734542 now I'm reconsidering my entire list. This dude has the right idea.
>>
>>735953
Maybe your thrift shops have better stuff than mine, but about the only things I've seen that would be worth getting there are clothes and blankets.
>>
>>735954
I hear ya but i can make my budget go much further if I don't only shop online- guess that's part of the challenge though. I'm going through my original list now to see if I can do it for 500.
>>
>>733563
$500 per person?
$500 for the group?
$500 just for me

$150 used 22lr
$50 1000rds 22lr
Total so far $200
$40 axe
$20 mora
$10 sharpening stone
$20 saw
TSF: $290
$50 1000ft Para cord
$20 basic fishing kit just line and hooks
$20 on as many Bic lights I can get prolly like 5
$20? Cast iron pan
TSF: $400
$20 basic metal silverware
$20 surplus wool blanket
$20 second mora
$40 on high calorie food + metal cup + a few bottles of water
TSF $500
If I had a few more pennies to scrape together I would get a local wild plants/survival book of some kind for $20 or so
>>
>>735976
Assuming I can bring some plain cloths I already own and regularly wear

Game plan would be find water then use the first day or so to hack out a basic shelter that would keep me dry using the food and water I brought. Start setting traps all around my shelter such as snares and figure 4s. After I have traps in place then set off and attempt to hunt both large and small game and forge for edibles (this would probably be the hardest part)
Actually I would probably get rid of the second mora in exchange for $20 of easy to grow vegetable seeds. As time goes on continuously improve the shelter and set more traps and explore the local land.
If we can pick the location we plan on staying at I would pick somewhere in the south so winters aren't as harsh.
>>
File: ron approves.png (36KB, 288x288px) Image search: [Google]
ron approves.png
36KB, 288x288px
>>734251
- RS
>>
12g break action and ammo $200
Metal pot, 5 pack of bic lighters and a shit ton of ramen $100
2 surplus wool blankets, 3 tarps and some cordage $100
Reasonable priced axe, pocket knife, fixed blade knife, fishing line and hooks $100
>>
File: 1449593709027.gif (1MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1449593709027.gif
1MB, 200x150px
Id be living in the upper peninsula of Michigan and assuming i start in the spring.

5 tarps
1 spool of para-cord (500ft)
1 decent knives (100 bucks each)
2 average hatchets
1 collapsible bow saw and an extra blade.
Saw, knife and Hatchet sharpener.
Mosin nagant
7 stripper clips with rounds in, i think they hold like 5 or 6?
Cheap Walmart shovel
Flint and steel
1 french press
>>
>>735877
Pliers in the Leatherman, as well as the wire cutter and any other tools could come in handy. The weed seed would be great for hemp, smoking, and kinda a hobby trying to grow a decent plant. Screens because I assumed I would be trying to survive in my area, Florida. And spring piston air rifles are pretty simple and powerful, they will last quite a long time even with some good use.

I don't think we're realistically making black powder. Not sure where to find sulfur or saltpeter around here.
>>
>>736235
>spring piston air rifle
Holy fuck I just looked this up, this thing is prefect. The most well rounded one I could find (after only ten minutes of googling, though) is $500 however, which breaks the bank on this scenario.

But you bet your ass in gonna have fun this summer with my $500 air rifle
>>
>>736451
What are you looking at for $500? Look at some Gamos. I have a couple and they have done me well for $150-$200. I guess if you want to get up there with a .22 target grade shit then it can get pricey. I just meant the typical break-barrel ones. It isn't like a Daisy though, you normally have to spend ~$150 to get something decent, but a $100 will easily take down lots of small game.
>>
>>736466
$100 really? Like I said I pretty much stopped at the first page of Google, and saw the Benjamin Marauder. If I wanted to shoot stuff from squirrels up to coyote or raccoon, what should I get?

Is the best method of recharging the hand pump? I mean, I can take that with me if I wanted to stay /out/ for a week or two. Can't take a scuba store.

What should I be looking for? There's no reason I can't take my .22 but this seems so much more convenient. Quiet, clean and insanely cheap ammo.
>>
File: image.jpg (34KB, 665x216px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 665x216px
>>736486
Idk, like I said, I have had good luck with the couple Gamos I own. I have had them for years and years too. They are all .177 cal, but you can get air rifles in .22 and I think maybe .25 as well. A decent .177 1000fps gun will go in and out of medium sized birds at closer range. They work pretty well for raccoons and possums too, but never taken a coyote.

One of the Gamos I have is a break barrel and only shoots like 750fps but still plenty for squirrels. The other is the one with a fixed barrel with a rod underneath to cock it. Can't remember the model name. But that one is a bit heavier.

Pic kinda related
>>
>>736490
I think I see where I got confused, you're recommending spring piston, while I ended up looking at pre charged pneumatic rifles. I've got more research to do before I actually pull the trigger and buy something (even for just $100) but I think I'm on the right track.
>>
File: image.jpg (176KB, 3000x746px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
176KB, 3000x746px
>>736486
One of my favorites for just popping birds and squirrels though is probably the Crosman 1077. It's CO2, has a 12rd magazine, and weighs absolutely nothing. CO2 pistols are normally pretty weak, but that rifle has a little power. Especially the first 12-24 shots. It is cheap too, I think they only run $60 or so. And if you miss the first shot, you don't have to reload like the spring piston ones.

Only problem with CO2 is it gets weaker in cold weather. The difference between 80F and 30F is huge.

If you are really considering it, I would find a decent $150 break barrel that shoots 1000fps+. Shoot it a couple times, they have some power. It will punch through 1/2" plywood. I put a couple holes through my garage door when I was a little shit.
>>
>>736492
Pre-charged? Damn, they must put some pressure into those. I've never seen one IRL. Only problem is running out in the middle of the woods. With the 12g CO2 cartridges, I normally get 15-20 shots at close to full power. First dozen are the best and by 30 shots you are just plinking shit. But 12g CO2 cartrdges are small and light.

And like I said, on cold days the compressed gas is much worse.
>>
>>736497
Well, the advantage I see in the pcp rifle (specifically in this 5 year survival situation) is that you can pump it up for free with a pump, get many good shots depending on how you have the foot pounds set, and if you go big enough on your pellet (.30 or .357 even) you could shoot at a deer. I'm not 100% sure how much power you can pack into a spring piston because I'm still learning about them.

But uh, for real life, the spring piston will probably do me just fine.
>>
>>733824
>>733825

Never mind the fact that since he blew his whole budget on it, he's going back in time to spend five years in the stone age with just an empty bag.

Not many people thought about cordage. It's pretty damn cheap, so worth stocking up on something you won't be able to make.

I wouldn't bother with a waterstone, but a diamond coated sharpener or bastard file is good enough and very cheap. And useful for other things.

Smart moves thinking about a rifle, seeds, and chickens. Remember, transport isn't a problem, just cash cost. So "cheap but heavy" is fine for this situation.
>>
File: image.jpg (97KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97KB, 640x1136px
>>736502
I have never seen those PCP things. I haven't bought an air rifle in 10-15 years, I'm guessing that is a newer design. I thought you charge it off a larger tank or something but it makes much more sense for this situation if it is a manual pump.

Don't underestimate a .177 pellet going 1000fps though. I wouldn't want to try and take out a deer, but they are really effective on small game up to fat raccoons.
>>
>>734955

This guy has a point, but in that situation you just get enough stuff that you can trek overland and then work your way across the Atlantic to civilization. Arrive in Italy, blend in with the jewish refugees from the Spanish expulsion (or in Turkey with the muslim refugees, if you prefer). Travel with them to Germany after the Italian expulsions, settle in with people who expect you to have foreign ways and won't be suspicious, and then start cranking out inventions. Optionally, convert to christianity, depending on your preferences. In all the chaos and the legit inventions/scientists, you'll be the new da Vinci.

Or if you're spanish and think you can get away with it and are young/strong enough, try your luck as a sailor until you get your own ship. That plus a waterproof digital watch and waterproof map of the world and you'll have an unassailable advantage.

Either way, cue the palace, harem, and riches. (On second thought, maybe the middle east would be best to retire to?)
>>
>>734949
>If theres any money left over I would bring cheap liquor
>also salt/sugar
>>735363
>Medicines!

There's a long list of cheap chemicals I'd want. Bleach especially, and that's dirt cheap. Alcohol is useful for far more than just getting drunk (though that too of course). Various acids. Lye. Glassware (surprisingly cheap both as High School lab surplus and from various other non-hobby vendors).

Finally, someone mentioned extra shoes.

I'm surprised that you splurged on the GB axe. Easy savings going for something cheaper (or multiple somethings cheaper).

Don't know if this should count to the $500, but I'd sure as hell vaccinate the living shit out of myself prior to leaving. Covered under insurance, usually.

CONDOMS. Unlike the rest of you, many of my friends are girls.

>>734961

You're not counting the free materials you'd collect in the wild. It's perfectly doable, though the budget is tight. Keep in mind that thanks to the industrial revolution, manufactured goods are vastly cheaper than they used to be. $500 in purchasing power terms is actually much more.

We were talking earlier about chickens, and amen to that. A good heritage breed, a couple fledged chicks. Some wire for an enclosure. I was trying to figure out what the minimum I'd need to get beekeeping going. Except that there were no european honeybees in NA before columbus, and a few starter queens simply wouldn't keep long enough for me to set up a nuc. So I guess it wouldn't work, which is a pity because it's not just about the honey. The wax lets you cast iron with the lost-wax method.

>>735976

Good list and you're overestimating the prices you could get on much of this stuff. But what about clothes?
>>
How about a junker car? I mean like one that doesn't run anymore and is an ancient jalopy ("non-repairable"). Think of how much metal, wire, glass, etc you get. Plus a bear-proof living area for the first couple nights while you set up your shelter. Decently comfy seats for sleeping. Food storage in the trunk (again, bearproof). Gas in the tank.

Sure it won't start or drive you anywhere. off road it probably won't even roll in neutral. But it's a great source of materials and shelter. Most are over our budget, but a few ancient pieces of non-running crap can be had for 100-200 dollars.
>>
File: Savage MkII BTV.png (692KB, 4561x863px) Image search: [Google]
Savage MkII BTV.png
692KB, 4561x863px
>>735899

I overlooked the part about only being there for 5 years, in which case a conventional rifle is the way to go.
>>
File: squirrel trap02.jpg (227KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
squirrel trap02.jpg
227KB, 720x480px
>>736235
> Pliers in the Leatherman

You’d be better off with an actual tool kit, preferably one oriented towards woodworking, (saws, hand-drills, etc.) as you’re going to want to build a log cabin as soon as you arrive and make other stuff (chairs, table, and outhouse and such)

I’m cool with all the other stuff except for the air rifle; just get a .22 which wich is far better suited for bagging rabbits, squirrels and other critters for the pot. Or get a centerfire rifle for bigger game like deer and several traps for critters.

I only suggested a blackpowder flintlock as I thought we’d be stuck in the Stone Age forever.
>>
>>736486
>If I wanted to shoot stuff from squirrels up to coyote or raccoon, what should I get?

An actual firearm, Don't be an asshole and wound animals with a BB gun.
>>
I think most of us are underestimating clothing. 5 years worth of clothes is a lot, especially when you consider that it's going to be dirty nearly all the time and it's going to become worn fast. A pair of jeans lasts me about 3 years and i don't wear them every day. Depending on the climate it can really kill the budget. As well as all the small things that will nickel and dime you like eating utensils, a hat and sun glasses. Theses are non-essentials but if I did this I'd be mad that I spent money on an extra bic lighter but I can't get the sun out of my fucking eyes for 5 years.
>>
In my current location?

Hatchet
>20 bucks
Hammer
>10 bucks
Cordage
>like 20 bucks worth
Painkillers, antibiotics
>like 20 bucks worth
Yeast (fermenting)
>5 bucks
.22 rifle and 1500 rds ammo
>200
corn, squash, and bean seeds
>20
tool maintenance (oils, sharpening, sheaths, etc)
>25
antivirals
>20 bucks worth
few sets of winter clothes
>20 bucks at thrift store
backpack
>20 bucks
knife
>50 bucks
cast iron pot+tripod
>25 bucks
several firestarting methods
>20 bucks

i must be close to 500, don't wanna count
>>
>>735380
stone age is not defined by geological or other natural events, but rather human technological level.
Hence I take no human around means that the place is more relax than its strict meaning of no other human on earth, but rather human are not in the close proximity of the teleport site. (How to ensure that is kinda tricky, since most habitable areas were already taken, however, it is still doable, if you count only a day's walking distance as the far away enough.)
>>
>>736527
Chicken and dogs are good, and if you can get a few horse and a dozen goat/sheeps for free that would be perfect, hahah.

But the thing is, I feel getting cheap and free stuffs (or the stuff that you already have) should has some kind limits, otherwise you can get one of those $10 castle in Europe and teleported as your base... (maybe say, FMV the stuff you will want to take to a total and round out $500)
>>
>>736602
and boots! 5 years means at least 3 pairs per person!
>>
>>735366
Yeah and have you been 100% dependent on that shit for five years in the fucking paleoniglith
>>
>>736626
you have $5 left, what do you wanna spend it on?
>>
>>737096
condoms
>>
>>737098
smokes
>>
File: backwoods_original_pk40.jpg (48KB, 271x400px) Image search: [Google]
backwoods_original_pk40.jpg
48KB, 271x400px
>>737152
backwoodses
>>
>>733563
What about in my situation. Let's say you are near the Appalachian Mountains on the coast of the Ohio River. You have black bears and mountain lions in the area and the river offers a source of food and mercury poisoning. Summers are humid and winters are harsh. You have $550 dollars to spend. What do you do?
>>
>>737162
How much?
>>
>>733622
>Implying you would have any time to get high
You do realize it's only in the last couple hundred years humans have had free time after the chore of staying alive?
>>
File: o.jpg (31KB, 408x203px) Image search: [Google]
o.jpg
31KB, 408x203px
I'm going on a suicide journey around the world for real this time, and since I have to keep a lightweight equipment, I want to ask you, If you had to choose between a survival knife and a small Axe, (knowing that you have a leatherman in your pocket already) , what would you choose?
>>
>>737547
Define "survival knife"
>>
>>737526
You mean thousands?
>>
File: socomlowres.jpg (128KB, 800x576px) Image search: [Google]
socomlowres.jpg
128KB, 800x576px
>>737563
Those knives used in the military, you know, mid sized, strong blade, etc
>>
>>736504
>not able to make cordage?
On top of having a tight budget are we retarded too?
>>
>>735378

I don't think California Indians ever used copper before the Spaniards, unless they traded for it with the Mexica or Mississippians thousands of miles away.
>>
>>737570

That's a bayonet
>>
>>733563

500 is pretty damn low. Am I able to bring any thing I own, or do I have to buy all new shit? At the rate this is going, I'm gonna just buy a 12 Gauge single shot, one shell and kill myself.

Axe
Knife
First aid shit (RN fag, so that helps out a lot)
Multiple fire starters
Pots to boil water
Blow the rest on single shot shotgun and a ammo. (Which the gun can be had for 90 bucks)
cordage
>>
X5 :- http://www.concordextra.com/product/21819/Household/SHIP+SAFETY+MATCHES+10+PACK/?gclid=Cj0KEQjw3Le4BRDxx5bk4aDn9t4BEiQAfmxQGcsiiJEtAhHQGVBQQCdTjBYGcbweGYv02gZ_obL4j9kaAm_D8P8HAQ

X5 :- http://www.concordextra.com/product/27625/Household/BULL+BRAND+ELECTRONIC+LIGHTERS+4+PACK/?gclid=Cj0KEQjw3Le4BRDxx5bk4aDn9t4BEiQAfmxQGViyWfD5WbF3K64RBwlI-ER84PDmBdNxxzNHcMt1kmcaAq0G8P8HAQ

X2 :- https://www.tool-net.co.uk/p-342791/tool-net-ct109.html?gclid=Cj0KEQjw3Le4BRDxx5bk4aDn9t4BEiQAfmxQGdmu5rZvVpIlYTYka3d9bb5OCrAXvoy7BgC2HCEnqaIaAm-h8P8HAQ

X4 :- http://www.springfields.co.uk/anglo-arms-paracord-knife-black.html?utm_source=google_shopping&gclid=Cj0KEQjw3Le4BRDxx5bk4aDn9t4BEiQAfmxQGZuujmWaZB5lRcxFlFRXxTSuqUu6fofwOj-iloCGgUAaAvFc8P8HAQ

X2 :- http://www.axminster.co.uk/hultafors-craftman-s-utility-knife-502372?gclid=Cj0KEQjw3Le4BRDxx5bk4aDn9t4BEiQAfmxQGcd3sEqSBM8qaweTBfBjsrePjc7iEo1WP9wj1wXe-AcaAqRj8P8HAQ

X2 :- https://www.fruugo.co.uk/4-lb-gold-felling-axe/p-3987598-9032027?gclid=Cj0KEQjw3Le4BRDxx5bk4aDn9t4BEiQAfmxQGV4_yh5CTblD8e1J_BUEm69PJbRUvimwETaj0jUeESoaAsQC8P8HAQ

X2 :- http://www.ishop247.co.uk/1-5-lb-wood-handle-axe-hand-felling-chopping-logs-hatchet-fire-camping.html?utm_source=google_shopping&gclid=Cj0KEQjw3Le4BRDxx5bk4aDn9t4BEiQAfmxQGS9od5TqTGbti44weZRurxJyFQc11PZxvk9A0-2V19AaAncA8P8HAQ

X1 of each of the first three sizes :- http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/150781376822?limghlpsr=true&hlpv=2&ops=true&viphx=1&hlpht=true&lpid=122&chn=ps&googleloc=9044970&poi=&campaignid=207297426&device=c&adgroupid=13585920426&rlsatarget=pla-131843278146&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0-L&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=122

1/3
>>
File: D4QZ9FF.png (219KB, 433x305px) Image search: [Google]
D4QZ9FF.png
219KB, 433x305px
you can get clothes for free from the stuff goodwill strores throw away, you find rope and old electrical wire for cordage, you canget a shit ton of old tin cans for free and use them as a construction materiel. you can get plasticbags for free from the trash.then get a shit ton of freefood from foodbanks (lots of tinned stuff) assuming you just appear inna stoneage with all the stuff you pick I'd choose all the free scrap wood in the world and have a giant pile of wood for burning.
then the money id spend on:
2 good quality knifes
cheap axe
large metal pot
100cheap lighters (i know a place nearby that sell 10 for 1.50)
iron and flint
cheap shotgun and 200 on ammo
TSF $420
20 on a book of flora/fauna
$40 worth of essential medicine
20 on seeds for easy grow crops
>>
>>734131
Thats way over 500 dollars, probably even over 1000 dollars.
>>
>>737731
id scrimp on the pot and halve its cost to 20 and then spend 20 on weed seeds
>>
>>737642
Probably with the Pochtecas? Some historians/scholars believe Kokopelli was one.
>>
>>733637

Underated post

Why is /out/ so homophobic though
>>
>>737526
hunter gatherers on average work 3-6 hours a day and have more time to socialize and spend time with family while still eating 2100 calories daily. Citation read the bushmen of the Kalahari
>>
>>737570

It's a wash. You already have a leatherman, so you have a knife to handle the basics.

If you don't know how to properly use an axe, then you're not likely to see much benefit to having one and could seriously injure yourself. Axes are incredibly useful... for people who are competent with them. If you knew what you were doing, you wouldn't be asking, so I'll say skip the axe.

The knife you're linking is primarily optimized for combat. That's way too much knife, and hte wrong kind of knife. A good cheap fixed blade optimized for utility work is plenty.

You're obviously counting ounces.... by "axe" do you really mean hatchet? There are lots of overly big knives and overly small axes trying to bit in between. Neither of them manages to do either job very well. I'd take that fixed blade, not a big tacticool slab of metal.
>>
>>737852

What i love are the implications that A) I'm a guy, and B) that none of my friends are girls.
>>
If it weren't so expensive, that new Kindle reader would let me haul along an impressive collection of survival books. Its battery life is "months" so a solar charger would keep it topped off (the calc is with wifi turned off but obviously that's fine). If I kept it dry, it would run for the full five years.
>>
>>737734
>>734131
Considering 500 rounds of .22 is about $50-$70 yeah its way too much
>>
>>738023
>paying over $.10/round for .22lr
You're getting cucked m80
>>
This task is actually a lot harder at a second glance. I mean, think about all the skills you'd need to be at least a journeyman in. You'd need to (in no particular order):

>be a proficient woodsman
That encompasses tracking, taking, skinning and processing your game, including food preservation techniques and tanning hides
>advanced shelter building
You can't live in an A-frame made from debris for 5 years
>basket weaving
Underrated skill to have
>forestry skills
You'll have to know what plants you can eat, which ones are medicinal (and how to diagnose yourself, process and apply them), what can be harvested, processed and used as building materials, etc
>how to purify AND STORE water
Self explanatory
>probably need clothes making skill
Your boots and pants are going to wear out within 1 or 2 years, how do you replace them? Add to that, you'd probably need to know how to make and operate a loom, as well as how to find and harvest things to process in a loom
>may or may not need bowery skill
Some people listed spring rifles, but you'll probably need to take something bigger than a squirrel at some point, what else can you use besides a bow and arrow?

Knowing how to tie a knot and make a fire isn't enough if you're absolutely stranded like in this scenario. You'd need a very eclectic group make this work, gear can only take you so far.

What other skills does a group need?
>>
>>733563

>$500

shit, bro, my air rifle has $500 glass on it
>>
>>736626
>taking antivirals instead of antibiotics
are you really this fucking stupid?
also implying theres a antiviral for stone age viruses which works
>>
>>738059
Nah I haven't bought any since sandy vagina last time I bought a brick is was 18.99 =( fuck it hurts
But most places around here (virginia) do seen to sell in that price range very consistently
>>
>>738023

Sucks to be you. My area it's 20 bucks after tax for 500. Easy to find and none of that 2 box per customer shit either.
>>
File: poach my sheep will you.gif (2MB, 320x173px) Image search: [Google]
poach my sheep will you.gif
2MB, 320x173px
>>738567

If you're vaccinated against everything modern I don't see why any stone age virus would be a credible threat. Anything a stone age person can transmit is the ancestor of the shit your ancestors survived/grew resistant to.
Either they get sick and your arrival unleashes a new world style plague on the world and you rule the ruins or not.
Wash your wounds with/drink boiled water and you should be healthy enough to survive most dangers

Besides the basic tools I've already I'd want as many sheep and horses and as much hardened and mild steel as I could get, some of it in the form of a shitload of 19thC carpentry 'n forestry tools. A bag of nonhybrid grains and one of pulses.
But 500$ isn't enough for the baubles, ak47s and explosive slave collars that'd be needed to make a real go of this. Without a feudal monopoly of force, at least until the harvest comes in, you're one angry native (with homeground advantage) away from getting yer liver et. It's gonna go Botswana or Zimbabwe
>>
>>738539
Leadership skills and mental health.
>>
>>739398
>There are no other humans
>>
File: 1448107729666.jpg (21KB, 259x365px) Image search: [Google]
1448107729666.jpg
21KB, 259x365px
>>739500
>>
>>733563
I'd spend most of it on textbooks. You can make most tools out of animals or wood, and metal tools just don't last forever.

I'd definitely want a decent pickaxe, though. And a sleeping bag and tent to last until I got a shelter built.
Maybe a big stainless steel slab with 'fuck archaeology' engraved on it in multiple languages. I'd leave it in a riverbed somewhere as a puzzle to anyone in the future.
>>
a noose
whiskey
uppers
downers
>>
>>733716
senpai is that a drawing of your butthole
>>
>>739867
>and metal tools just don't last forever.
they only need to last 5 years and I have working, usable tools (pliers and wrenches) from my great grandfather that are over 100 years old.

You can easily bring a cheap centerfire rifle with 500 rounds of ammo. You don't need to shoot a deer every day.

You're making yourself stupider by doing everything the hard way. Take some productive and tolerant seeds and enjoy the fact that prehistory is overrun with game animals and large fish.
>>
>>733563
Machine gun and weed. I can finally eat mammoth and smoke weed for how much I want.
>>
>>736235
Not sure where to find sulfur or saltpeter around here.

You make salt Peter with sewage.
>>
>>737961
Good point, anon. Id get $500 in snack foods/sex toys and just bring 5 girls back to the stone age with me.

Realistically the OP's senario would result in death for 99% of us. Might as well enjoy yourself as you wait to die from hunger, exposure, and predation.
>>
>>733563
1-hatchet
1-axe
1-saw
3-tarp
3-bags of mixed non hybrid seeds/grains
1-shovel
various lines sinkers and hooks, dont need swimmers or rods as i would use flexy sapplings as rods and pieces of wood as swimmers, add bait and throw in water over night
2-bear traps
1-ziploc full of matches and lighters, screw ferro rods
1-button bag full of weed seeds from different strains
1-bag of 5 or so grams of smokeable weed
1-2 liter bottle of drinking water
1-cheapo solar pannel
1-nook of 64gb filled to brim with books and audiobooks
1-2 litre bottle of cooking oil
1-cast aluminum pot
id get as much of this at yard sales as possible, id spend all my remaining money on string, rice and black beans, probably salt and sugar too
>>
400 dollars worth of wholesale ramen, a pot and fire starter. The rest I use to buy myself a hooker who gets transported with me before she realizes it's a trap. For food, not for sex. Yes, i don't have many tools for shelter building. It will make the task hard, but i don't have to mind since the hookers going to be building it while I fatten her up on ramen.
>>
>>740220
id invest the first week learning about animal trails, setting up deadfall, snare and loop traps, bear traps, first day id set up fishing lines, then use my free time to start agriculture and get my seeds to grow. id try to breed goats or wild pigs if caught in traps, use their and my own feces to fertilize the agriculture lots
>>
Sleeping bag - 80
Backpack - 60
Knife - 50
Axe - 40
Poncho and liner - 40
First aid kit with antibiotics - 40
One man tent - 30
Cast iron pot - 30
Cordage - 20
Wire - 20
Lighters, flint and steel - 20
Shovel - 15
Whetstone and bastard file - 15
Sewing kit - 10
Bear spray - 10

The last 50 dollars is going towards some dry food supplies to keep me going for the first little while. The strategy is mostly to trap, fish and forage for food while moving south as quickly as possible to avoid the harsh winters we get in northern Canada. I'll be spending most of my time looking for food and travelling so I needed a portable shelter rather than immediately building a base camp, that would have to come later. I'd need to build a sledge to haul my gear and supplies, and make some spears for hunting and protection (used to throw javelin in high school). The bear spray is my last line of defense in case of a predator or other large animal attack. If I can make it far enough south before the winter hits, I'll set up a base camp and start hoarding firewood and fortifying my shelter.
Barring some horrible accident, lack of planning or sneaky mountain lion, within a year I should have a pretty stable camp and be able to go after large game, repel wild animal incursions, craft my own crude tools and clothing and maybe build some cool stuff to make my life more comfortable. I don't think I'm going to be agricultural strength for a while and there's little chance I'd survive the 5 years anyway, when a broken ankle could mean a death sentence.

>tfw when no friends
>>
>>733824
This was so funny I almost passed out laughing!

Thank you!
>>
>>736654
>>736654
Only if you only buy shit ones to begin with.
One pair per person per year of workboots or durable sneakers would be sufficient, f you chose carefully.
>>
an axe
>100$

a knife
>75$

a saw
50$

tarps
>50$

firestarters (a few ferrorods and a flint&steel)
>25$

sharpening stone
>25$

cooking set
>25$

marijuana seeds
>25$

backpack
>100$

first aid kit
>25$

i think i could easily survive with these for 5 years
>>
>>742289
Why would the axe cost $100? Couldnt you get one much cheaper at a hardware store?
>>
>>742289
What the fuck are you going to eat? You have no way to hunt or fish.
>>
>>733589
those magazines are gonna turn Real funky after a few reads, I would just get a cheap digital camera and a solar powered moniter
>>
>>733586
post backpack, packfag
>>
>>742554
>I would just get a cheap digital camera and a solar powered moniter

Are you thinking: "Cavewoman porn"?
>>
>>734254
>>734254
Why are tripfags always black and thirsty.

I swear to god, it's the same on every chan
>>
>>742289
axe 10$
knife 20$
saw 10$
tarp 5 $
5bic lighter 5$
sharpening stone 2$
cooking set 15$
backpack 50$
first aid kit 15$
folding shovel old bundeswehr with pick 15$
10L water
bucket
100m wire 100m smal rope 25m rope 30$
100 nails+ hamer 15$
used cz 150$ 250rounds 50$
>>
>>733634
You would be able to build cities out of the brick like shits you would take
>>
>>742295
because an axe from a hardware store would break after 2 years
>>
>>742523
you can make traps out of wood and i forgot to include a fishing kit(a net, fishing line and hooks)
>>
>>743212
an axe that costs 10$ will break in less than a year, knife that costs 20$ will break in 2 years, saw that costs 10$ will get dull in a year and a saw is very hard to sharpen, a sharpening stone that costs 2$ will do you nothing, a bic lighter will run out in about 3 months.
>>
>>743940
Axe will break maybe the handle but i could replace it the steal would get dull faster but you could sharpen that with my 2 dollar stone
>>
>>733563

mobile home or camper for about 1000$
stock up on seeds and lots of rice for 1000$
1000$ dollar on simple but heavy guns, like a sniper rifle and a nice revolver.
500$ dollar on weed and some seeds so you can grow your own.
500$ dollar on cheap hard liquor.
>>
>>740223

>she realises it's a trap
>> you realise she's a trap
>>
>>743999

I'd rather pay $20 for a low-end but decent axe like the Marbles. Then buy a spare. I've saved $80, my durability is good, and if it does break I have a spare.

>>744019

He's planning on cooking her. So it's basically just an extra set of mountain oysters as far as he's concerned.
>>
http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Stainless-Steel-Wood-Handle-Pocket-Knife_1633849023.html

i would try to get the seller to sell me 250pcs for300 $
the other 200$ i use to buy the things already posted
i couuld trade the cheap alibaba knifes to the stoneagepeopele for meat and other stuff
>>
File: Unbenannt.png (98KB, 350x347px) Image search: [Google]
Unbenannt.png
98KB, 350x347px
>>745200
>pic
>>
>>737720
>tfw /out/ murse
>>
can i take stuff i already own? if so i will take my alice pack and my 3 gallon pot.. my ak.. 1000 bullets 200$ 1/5th gallon bottle full of iodine.. another one full of alcohol.. 500ft paracord 20$ my heavy machete. my metal bar welded to an axe head axe.. cause we dont fuck around with wood... 4 files.. smartphone with solar charger 35$.. keychain spectrometer 200$ my lab equipment.. my slingshot. needle thread and knife.. and a bolt of thick cloth 30$..
>>
>>733864
Why take MSRP, just use the price of a clone from your current grow man. TGA does a lot of non-fem too.
>>
2 SOG NW Ranger Knives and a cheap Mora $130

Dayton Miners 26" Axe $40

Surplus Entrenching Tool $25

Medium Alice pack w/ Cargo Shelf $50

Fishing Rods and all the fun stuff to go with it $40

Large Tarp $20

$50 of good rope

A good first aid kit with basic surgical supplies $100

Large supply of seeds $45.
>>
>>734949
>not distilling your own liquor
>>
>>733864
You're autistic and I hope you go back to the stone age and die there with the rest of your kind.
>>
It's the fucking stone age, what the fuck are you bringing a leathermen with you for? Most of the tools on a leathermen are just wasted weight as you aren't going to be coming across many bolts and screws and shit in the stone age.
>>
>>733563
A budget shotgun since 500 isn't enough to get a decent rifle and a stock of ammo. A good knife and ax, then spend the rest of ammo (especially slugs) and lighters.

I'd probably join the nearest non-nigger tier tribe, teach them things and be better protected and provided for. Also fuck some cave bitches and become my own great great (etc) grandfather.
>>
>>734967
I would just stay in the >hostel, unless the natives were hostile.
>>
Tula Mosin Nagant 91/30 150$
7.62x54r Wolf - 500 Rounds 220$
3 Morakniv Craftline Basic 511 10.20$ x 3
firesteel 15$
2 axes 25$ x2
and remaining 44,60 $ for seeds, rice and oil for the rifle. DONE
>>
File: images.jpg (51KB, 316x810px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
51KB, 316x810px
>>750478
FORGOT PIC
>>
>>750478
>>750482

Nicely done.

HOWEVER:
>not rendering fat into lard to lubricate your nugget

Come on, man, this is /out/!!!
>>
>>751030
I wanted something that would protect the nugget form salts.
>>
>>751031

>Lard+wood ash = lye

Would that work, you think?
>>
>>750482
So 100 bullets for each year? Gonna be tight senpai
Thread posts: 191
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.