[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fishing & Tackle Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 71

File: image.jpg (167KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
167KB, 800x600px
#25- "Shitposting at Work" Edition

Previous Thread:
>>730089

You know what to do.
>>
How does I the flyfish
>>
Fly fishing is more fun if you tie your own flies, more of a sense of achievement. It is a fun way to do something fishing related when you cant get out.
>>
>>731807
I got a yak, but idk if I can bring it to this pond thingy. It's in a park. It doesn't look very big on google maps and I can probably cast to basically the center of it. I couldn't find any info on how deep it is either. I just didn't know if they'd still be around since it's been getting into the high 80s lately.
>>
>>731825
I'll get to that, right now my goal is not getting wind knots or losing flies constantly
>>
>>731814
Just do what it do, like it do.
>>
tryin to decide if i should walk a mile to o pickerel fishin again its stupid windy
>>
>>731832
Eh go out and wet a line worst case scenario you don't get anything
>>
do you guys have a favorite type of spawn for great lakes steelhead? I am using king spawn but my buddy swears coho spawn is superior
>>
>>731832
If there is no tailwaters, expect them to hold in a deep place to escape the heat.

Try from shore, I doubt anyone would mind you hauling a yak out there. I often canoe in small ponds in the summer heat, even if I can cast to the center.
>>
>>731838
Oh I'm definitely going to. Probably tomorrow after work. Worst case I'll catch a bass.

>>731851
Neat. I'll check it out first then I might take the yak out. What size spoons should I get if I do?
>>
>>731851
>>731872
Oh I also have a fly rod if that'd be better
>>
Guise how do you focus on anything besides fishin?

I need to study but i seem to have developed add and now have the focus of a goldfish ;_;
>>
>>731825
I happen to think fly fishing-or any fishing, really-is more fun when you actually catch fish.
And I can catch shitloads of fish on poppers from Walmart for $1.25 each. That works out to about 5 minutes worth of my work time. And a single fly lasts for more than one outing.
Meanwhile, the vise is $40; the hooks, tools, paint, hair, feathers and other supplies are another $80, and it takes 10 minutes to tie a simple fly if I know exactly what I'm doing and nothing goes wrong.
See where I'm going with this? If you're just a casual, not losing lures that often and not fishing literally every day for hours on end, it doesn't make sense-you'll never recoup that investment.
>>
>>731986
If I figure out how to focus on anything I'll let you know
>>731848
I've only seen people use little cleos and tiny hair jigs tipped with maggots near me.
>>731988
It depends on the person.
Some people it makes no difference
Others sit there and think "I took a bare hook some feathers and some thread, tied it in to some little thing, and then casted it just right and got this fish. I turned a hook and some thread and feathers and turned it into a fish"
Some people notice a difference with flies that are tied slightly differently from the ones in the store
And then there are full custom flies that don't exist in the store like light wire crappie flies with the hook bent so it points up and doesn't snag in brush, and all that.
>>
>>731825
>didn't cast your own hooks and sharpen them
>didn't spin your own threads
>>
>>731986
I spent the past 4 days tackle shopping got out to day , will post storee when home
>>
So speaking of fly fishing, i bought a pack of nymphs (BH princes?) And they are soooooo tiny lol. I have a few on #12 - #16.

These teeny tiny hooks catch trout? Lol. I plan on using a bobber and spinning tackle to cast them. 6# mono. How exactly should i rig it?

I also bought a thing of powerbait, what hooksize should i use? I have some #4 hooks and some really small ones like the flys i bought. Any special way to rig powerbait with a bobber?

Its a small pond with some pretty small to medium sized rainbows and browns. Stocked.
>>
File: s-l1000.jpg (66KB, 1000x664px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1000.jpg
66KB, 1000x664px
>>732009

Forgot pic because of course.
>>
>>732009
The Prince nymph is popular for steelhead in my neck of the woods. 6 pound test might be a little high, consider 4. And what I've always done with power bait is moulded one of the floating trout nuggets on size 12 egg hooks under a split shot and fishing it on the bottom. The small hook let's the thing float a good little bit off the bottom.
>>
File: IMG_20160405_164551230.jpg (4MB, 2432x4320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160405_164551230.jpg
4MB, 2432x4320px
Finally get out fishing today
Forgot I was set up for pickerel
Are leader and had no mono with me
And caught pic related on pic related
Interesting
Later in the day different spot I went out for pickerel (first time using a wire leader since I had been loseing multiple lures recently )
Was proud to have remembered a wire leader for once

Got to the spot and tossed out right on top of a bunch of carp, they spooked and spooked everything else nearby
Kept tossing and saw a large flash
Hyped I know this motherfucker isn't going to break me off ,
Hard hook set to reveal another flash , holy shit this was a big fish bad to be 28 inches pickerel
Got it close to me and it spooked going on a long hard run then suddenly the line went slack
Reeled it in and the fucking snap at the end of my wire leader bent out

Welp so much for that
>>
>>732014

The lake ia weeded all the way to the top, and about 8 feet deep in the middle, 3 or 4 foot average.

It just seems insane to me how small all this stuff is. The entire hook is the size of the barb on most of my bass gear lol.
>>
>>732021
rig your own leaders with your own snaps. The ones that come prepackaged tend to be crap. At least then if it fucks up you can only get mad at yourself too.
>>
>>732027
im just oin to swap out the snaps on the ones i already havve i may make some of my own but i need to find some thinner gauge wire , that was a fuckin monster so dissapointed
>>
>>732025
You'll get used to it. And you might be able to get away with 6 then. Just remember how small your gear is and don't push it too hard. And some of those small hooks will straighten out before 4 pound test breaks
>>
File: 20160330_215104.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20160330_215104.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>732033

Yeah i fish it with real light drag on a small reel. Only holds like 200 yards of 6# mono.

I would go woth 4#, but that would mean its a dedicated trout rod, which i dont do very often. The season pretty much dies out by summer and i prefer other fishing opportunities.

While i wait for the striper and fluke to come in, why not try a new species while the bite is on lol. Trout, lmb, and pickerel will hold me over until the salt kicks off.
>>
>>732050
Spend 3 dollars and get a small spool of 4 pound test mono for a leaders
>>
>>732050
think il be able to get into some fluke by the end of net month? rhodes islandx
>>
>>732051

Good call.

>>732053

Yeah man, by the end of may into june is usually the best time for us here. Put those bucktails to work! Lol
>>
>>732056
hopefully some will be nearby where im staying, im not oin to fish anywhere but the back yard, unless the local tackle shop says theyre killin them somewhere 1 oz 2 big?
>>
>>732059
I'd say that's about right.
1/2 to 1 is what I run in the outer banks of nc.
>>
File: 20151214_210625.jpg (5MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20151214_210625.jpg
5MB, 5312x2988px
>>732071

1/2oz to 1oz is perfect. My most used is 1oz. Doesnt hurt to have a 2oz handy for faster moving water/current/wind.
>>
>>732085
onlyy issue is 1 oz is a bit heavy for my bass rod il be usin, oh well
>>
>>732032
I tried this brand called Knot 2 Kinky and it was pretty nice for tying knots. i used it with braid and the stretch for hooksets was pretty wild. also power snagged a couple sunken logs lol.
>>
File: 20150703_162128.jpg (437KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20150703_162128.jpg
437KB, 1920x1080px
>>732087

Whats the rating? Baitcaster or spinning? What kinda line ya got?
>>
What's our thread rate? A new one about every 72 hours?
And I hate being too sick to fish. They checked me out Monday and whatever sickness I had cemented it's self in my head in the form of acute sinusitis. They're hoping some antibiotics help but tomorrow marks the 3 week anniversary of how long it's been since I fished. Thursday marks 3 weeks sickness.
>>
Can a line be too light for a reel? My reel only has line limits for 6lb+ line, will it not work as well with 4lb line?
>>
>>731814
Put the buzz bug in the wet; attain trout.
>>
>>731988
I get what you're saying but the dude was just expressing his opinion on an idea. You don't have to sit there and be like "woah I'm losing out what have I been doing with all my free time?"
>>
>>732125
Brave it and try to get out there anyway.

>>732129
Nah not really. You will be fine with 4lb on a reel that says 6lb-10lb.
>>
>>731812
Dropped my cellphone while fishing today into the water. the screen got kill, everything else is fine.. its either.
A: go without a cell for awhile but still paying for service cause contracted.
B: fix the screen myself. but its gonna cost 70 bucks for just the parts.
C: outright just pay for a new - carptastic phone

I'm broke as fuck, so prob gonna end up doing A. because I just spent my last dollar today on gasoline. all I got to my name is some change..
>>
>>732226
Just get a shit phone that can call and text for peanut money.
>>
>>732129
Not really. It's mostly just there as a guideline. 100 meters is about the magic number for a most general purpose fishing. That's why they give you the reel's line capacity with different test lines-so you can fill the spool all the way up for best performance without spending piles of money or burning through whole spools of line.

You can spool a 5/0 sized Penn Senator with 6lb test if you want to. People have even done it when they're chasing some esoteric light tackle world record. If memory serves I think it takes over 2 miles' worth of the stuff.
>>
File: solo_airplane_aesthetic.jpg (102KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
solo_airplane_aesthetic.jpg
102KB, 1080x1080px
>>731986
I like airplane shit too, and I'm a student so I don't get to fish nearly as much as I'd like to. Life is good though, and fishing is always just the icing on the cake.
>>
>>732318
lmao the namefag stayed up, hups
>>
>>732234
Y does my name keep resetting on my bitch ass phone.
>>
>>732357
You have been posting on /b/, haven't you?
>>
>>732371
THAT WAS ONE TIME!!!
>>
File: image.jpg (125KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
125KB, 640x1136px
If anybody is looking to drop some money on fishing stuff, Dick's has a decent deal right now.
>>
>>732105
not sure the actual raitin but one ounce is just about what i feel comfortable with at max, spinning, and i have 2 reels for it, one with 20 lb braid ( only a 2000 size, doesnt have alot of line on it ) and a 3500 with 12 lb mono
>>
File: me or my son.jpg (1MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
me or my son.jpg
1MB, 2448x2448px
>>
>>732398
Yo pepsi, all this Dicks shopping you do has got me thinking.

You should check out the "Addictive Fishing" youtube channel. Tons of Florida saltwater stuff that'll get you thinking.

dunno how you feel about fishing shows.
>>
>>732399
I'd say buy a spare spool for the 3500 and do it up with either 15 pound mono or 20 pound braid. That should handle whatever takes your line.
>>
>>732479
I also have 15 lb mono, though no more 20 lb braid

I'm not worried about breaking off, if there's anything big around il bring my boat rod with 50 lb braid
>>
Def gotta get out to a local lake today. Work pisses me off.

A little cold front and some clouds just rolled through. I wonder how the fishing will be.
>>
Hey i need some help choosing between Mystery tackle box or Lucky tackle box PLEASE HELP
>>
>>732631
Neither
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>732631
Idk, they honeslty look really similar. All I can say is I haven't been disappointed by the MTB bass boxes, regular or pro. Just make sure you use the discount code when you sign up. "GET499" for MTB will take $10 off your subscription.
>>
>>732643
Is there another you would recommend or are you just against the idea in general?
>>
>>732631
There's a code for both of them to get them for $5. I did both and I'm gonna see which one I like better or just stay with both of them. $30 a month is a hell of a lot cheaper than how much I normally spend on tackle.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>732674
Are there anymore? I mean those discount codes are still good I think so you might as well do MTB or LTB.

You going to do a bass box or what? I think I'm going to cancel mine after this month. I did 3 months and this is the last one and I upgraded it to "Pro". It's cool and all but I kinda know what I like and my tackle bag is overflowing so I don't have room for the odd lure they send which I probably won't use.'i would still def reccommend it to anybody trying to build up their collection.

Pic related is the "Pro" bass box, so $10 extra. The one I posted earlier was the normal MTB.
>>
>>732677
Bass box or what? As long as you actually use the stuff, it makes sense. The panfish and catfish boxes look goofy tho, lots of terminal tackle. I can only use so many leaders and treble hooks.
>>
>>732647
Thank you for the reply i think i will go for the pro especially with that code thanks again!
>>
>>732681
i want to do the bass pro box i think it will serve me quite well thanks for the pics helped me decide
>>
>>732683
Yeah I did bass box for both. I'll try everything they send at least once, and I like having the extra stuff just incase I need it. Soft plastics stay good for years in a Plano box as long as they're not in direct sunlight all the time, so if I don't use them right away it's no big deal.

The panfish boxes I've seen all have some pretty cool lures I'd like to try, so I might do that next month.
>>
File: image.jpg (434KB, 1935x1290px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
434KB, 1935x1290px
>>732689
>>732689
You also don't have to do the "Pro" every month. I did it the 1st month, then regular the 2nd, and "Pro" again for the 3rd. The 2 crank baits they sent me were well worth the money alone.

>>732694
With the soft plastics, they send a lot of 4 or 5pks which is nice so you can try them and buy again if you have luck. But if you hate them, you don't have a pack of 24 just sitting in the bottom of your tacklebox.

Pic related is the "Pro" box again. Hopefully you aren't too late to get the April box. Either way I will post pics of mine when it comes in a week or two.
>>
>>732677
I will do both companies thats a great idea. Hell if i dont spend money on what i love what do i work for lol
>>
>>732701
>Hopefully you aren't too late to get the April box.
Nah I payed for them a couple weeks ago so I should get the April box.

>>732702
And for $10 you're getting a lot of stuff, so it's definitely worth it.
>>
>>732704
i did the $10 thin, if i like it im goin to do the same thin to families house
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Nothin like after work weekday bass...

>>732704
>>732710
Judging from what I've seen, the extra $10 gets you another crank or big lure (covers the $10 already) and then they will give you a full pack of soft plastics, and whatever hooks you will get more of. With the regular box, I got a 2pk of some baitholder hooks from a brand I never heard of. Got a full pack of Mustad weighted hooks with the pro box.
>>
>>732712
nah i mean i did $5 fir each box first month, if i like it im goin to do the same thing to my uncles house or somethin like that
>>
File: image.jpg (602KB, 2400x2400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
602KB, 2400x2400px
Why do people tend to prefer storing tackle in a plano-type box than a box like pic related?
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Damn, this one wasn't bad at all. Had to be closer to 3lbs and fought nice. I thought it was a big snek at first.

>>732714
Sounds good. I thought about sending another one to work with the discount but whatever.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>732726
Tackle bags are the way to go. You can fit so much more shit plus it is easy to swap out boxes if you want.

I had a bad experience years ago where the latch failed on a box like in your pic. I was on a pier and a ton of shit fell into the water. I will never go back from the bags.
>>
File: pDSP1-23496975v750.jpg (116KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
pDSP1-23496975v750.jpg
116KB, 750x750px
i want this damn thing just so i can look at it!
Its amazing
>>
File: pDSP1-18570956dt.jpg (31KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
pDSP1-18570956dt.jpg
31KB, 500x500px
>>732729
This is more useable tho.
Need to find something like this in Yurop.
I have a feeling this would absolutely slay seabass and bluefish.
>>
>>732728
>Tackle bags
Broke my spending freeze. For $125 I just got a used FishPond Cloudburst gear bag, weather radio, EMS binoculars, SOG Paratool, a dozen or so flies, the fly case box, several ocean flies, Gerber scaler, can of bug spray and god knows what else I'll find in the bag.
20 internal pokets, 10 exterior pockets. Bag alone was 225 new and it's in great shape.
>>
>>732748
oh yeah, 25# digital scale
>>
File: image.jpg (86KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86KB, 1280x720px
>>732748
Damn, those look nice.

Take some pics of it. It's hard to tell how big it is and where everything fits when looking at the Google images.

>SOG Paratool
That's the only place you fucked up. There is only one correct choice for multitools. You fucked up.
>>
>>732782
>there is only one correct choice for multitools
>doesnt say what

Dont be a pepsifaggot
>>
>>732782
>only place you fucked up.
It was a package deal. Actually the SOG seems pretty decent. I'll take some pics later. It is a crazy nice bag.
>You are fucked up
fixed...
>>
File: image.jpg (27KB, 662x205px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 662x205px
>>732784
Do I even have to say it?
>>
>>732787
I knew from whence you spoke.
>>
>>732787
>kekerman
Meme brand...
Jk i dont know shit bout none of that multitool memery. Just gimme a knife, and ill still probably use my teeth to cut mono.
>>
>>732786
Nah, I'm just talking shit. Their stuff isn't too bad, just a lot of it is too tacticool. I would use a Gerber or SOG multitool if I got a great deal on it.

For the longest time I would just use pliers and use a lighter to cut my line. I have had that Gerber Dime and Leatherman Micra in my tackle bag for a long time but just used regular pliers. Then I came upon some no-name Leatherman knock-off with a plastic frame and used that for awhile before finally grabbing a Leatherman. Real pliers and a knife are still the best bet but the Skeletool is light so I just hook it on my belt loop.
>>
>>732794
>just talking shit
you? shitposting??? Not on mychan, I don't believe it.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>732811
>quality content only!
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
What a tease at the lake(s) today. Got 3 largemouth at my one lake within my first half hour there. One was a good size too. And that's the lake where I only seem to get small guys (if at all) during the day. So I expected them to bite even better as it got later. Totally dropped off. Maybe I shoulda tried to stay there until sunset but ended up going to a couple lakes down the street and no luck there either.

I think I must've caught the end of whatever weather front came through in the afternoon. Still trying to figure out how all dat barometer bullshit affects fishing. Not that I pay attention to it much anyway.
>>
File: imotbhfam.jpg (49KB, 500x296px) Image search: [Google]
imotbhfam.jpg
49KB, 500x296px
>>732847
>memecaster
>>
File: imotbhfamholio.jpg (253KB, 1080x1283px) Image search: [Google]
imotbhfamholio.jpg
253KB, 1080x1283px
>>732847
>snap swivels
>>
>>732726
It's all fun and games until you latch and/or handle fails, and then you've got a tackle box-sized pile of loose shit all over the ground.
Plus with the Plano style shit, the replacement trays are cheap and make the tackle bags modular, so organization is easy.
>>
>>732850
I didn't even use the memecaster today. I don't use it a ton as is, but it was windy today and I was casting into the wind a lot.

>>732852
Snap swivels are goat. Fite me.

I run without them sometimes, but I have still been trying to play around with soft baits and other random shit. I normally have one or two rods tied straight to the lure for shit I use a lot. Normally a Mepps that stays on one and a Rapala on another rod.
>>
File: Snapchat-1799148825488991889.jpg (860KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-1799148825488991889.jpg
860KB, 1440x2560px
Followinf skids advice, had a pretty awesome day with the trout. Landed 6, two pretty big ones, and missed several others.

Size 2 bluefox took the biggest browns, float and fly took the rest. Good mix of bows and browns. Maybe ill edit together the gopro footage for you guys.
>>
>>732865
kudos! I want my spring back. I did more kayaking and fishing in Feb than so far in April
>>
>Not forecast to break 60 degrees for the next two weeks
:(
>>
>>732865
post pics of your rig , was there an current?
>>
>>732902

Ill try and post a gopro vid soon where you can see what i used.

Its a small, shallow weedy pond thats stocked. Was windy af today, 15-20mph. So that was the only thing moving the water.
>>
>>732865
Holy crap, I actually knew what I was on about? I was just guessing based on what little I know about trout and steelhead.
>>
>>732912
Don't get any crazy ideas now...
>>
>>732917
I've never had a sane idea since I stole my dad's car and totaled it at 90 mph
I flipped a Buick end over end and climbed out the window, I've got a pic of the damage somewhere.
>>
How is fishing on the St. Lawrence river?
>>
File: car3.jpg (2MB, 4288x2416px) Image search: [Google]
car3.jpg
2MB, 4288x2416px
>>732919
There we go. That's my dad digging stuff out of the car.
Was an expensive joy ride
>>
>>732912

Idk if i would say YOU were right, so much as i would say WE figured it out lmao.

Gopro footage is nixed. I missed the best fish catch of the day somehow...and the rest of it isnt that interesting tbf. Im getting better at it though lol.
>>
File: s-l300[1].jpg (7KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
s-l300[1].jpg
7KB, 300x300px
>>732847
Try out pig tails instead of snap swivels. They are a little fiddlier but are wayyyy smaller in profile and don't fail like snap swivels. If a big fish bends the wire on a pig tail it will bind onto the eye of the hook and will take wire cutters to get off. With a snap, it just poops open.

I use the ones made by norton lures. Changing lures with these is really quick too.

http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/norton-lures-14-quick-twists-with-swivel-7-pack
>>
>>732922
Haha that must have been a blast.

>>732928
I'll look out for those.
>>
File: 20160406_162624-1200x1600.jpg (289KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
20160406_162624-1200x1600.jpg
289KB, 1200x1600px
>>732925

Lets see if its the right way this time...
>>
>>732925
Alright yeah that's fair enough
>>732929
I should go be a stunt car driver, I've already got a resume.
>>
>>732922
fuck man, that sucks. Had a few of those myself. Cost my $75+the engine to get my 71 Camaro unwrapped from a tele pole.
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>732948
Damn, I need to total my car one day. Make that damn insurance pay off.

Pic related got wrecked by my truck. Dumb cunt.
>>
File: battle_IMG_0710.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
battle_IMG_0710.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>732928
Spro swivel and a fast clip
>>
>>732951
I'm def going to grab some nicer swivels one day. I have never really had a problem with the cheaper ones though. Only time I have ever broken them before is with 30lb+ braid. And if they start to wear out a lil bit, I just put a new one on.
>>
>>732949
My dad had state minimum, I had to pay for that car.
Luckily my dad hasn't spent more than 2k on a car in a good 15 years. Then there was about 2k of damage done to the house. I ripped a chunk out of their drive way and ripped up a fuck ton of lawn before breaking a tree about 6 inches thick. Then I got blood on the porch cause I had the nerve to walk up there bang on the door and say "hey, I don't know if you noticed but I fucked your lawn and my dads car and also I'm bleeding from my head and also this is my name, my parent's names, and my adress incase I lose consciousness"
She was nice. Stopped by my house a week later to see how I was.
Also the nurse at the hospital asked if I had anything I need kept track of, to which I answered "there is 22 dollars and 37 cents in my left pocket and I expect it back"
>>
File: image.jpg (192KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
192KB, 640x1136px
Pretty boring day. Caught 3 baby yellow bass and snagged a carp on the ultralight. That brings my total up to 6 carp I've snagged with a roostertail on my UL. Also this bluegill was feisty, but it was on my meme caster so not much of a fight.

>>732957
How did you not died?
>>
so i keep catching lil baby cut throat trout on this one section of a river that is pretty deep and murkey compared to the other areas around it

how catch big one i know they makin babys
>>
>>732865
dude DO IT PLEASE! I want to watch
>>
so how many rods and reels combo do each of you guys own
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>732981
Damn, can't believe he grabbed that spinner. At least that is one of those green sunfish deals with the bigger mouths. Had them in IL but not down here so much.
>>
File: dasboot_tomales.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
dasboot_tomales.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Soon going to try my hand at Halibut fishing in Tomales Bay, California for the first time.

Any tips/favorite setups?
>>
>>733013
I kind of switch my reels around my rods depending on what I'm doing but what I use are:
1x penn fierce 4000
1x penn battle 4000
2x penn battle 1000
1x Upgraded Abu Revo S (new drag and bearings)

rods:
Castaway MH 6'6" Casting
2x American Rodsmith Customs 7' MF
2x Uglystik Inshore Spinning 7'MM
1x Shimano Scimitar Casting 7' MF
1x 8' Uglystik Spinning probably MH
1x 10' Penn Battalion Spinning MH/H
1x Cheapo Fiberglass rod 8' MH
>>
>>732981
Dude I love those green sunfish. Finally caught one today, first of the year. Didn't get a picture though.
>>
>>733017
Go catch some live smelt for bait. Most people rig them with an octopus hook in the lip and a treble hook by the belly fin. >Also bring me with you.
>>
>>733026
>bring me with you

s-scary
>>
>>733013
Reels
Random Shakespeare fly reel
Some plastic fly reel
X2 daiwa opus 5000 bri
X2 Shakespeare excursion
Penn long beach no. 60
Penn long beach no. 68
Penn mag 525
Daiwa sealine x40sha
Three ultralight size reels whose names escape me
Penn peer 209
Penn peer 309
Se shimano (I think) reel who's name escapes me
Abu Garcia ambassadeur 5600
A Wright and McGill sabalos casting reel
Some spinning reel with a bait runner who's name escapes me
I'm sure I'm forgetting something but whatever

Rods
12 foot casting beefstick
X2 10 foot spinning beefstick
6'6" medium uglystik spinning
7' medium uglystik spinning
A once 5'6" now 5 foot quantum ultralight rod
A 5'6" uglystik ultralight
A 7wt fly rod 8 foot
A 5/6 wt fly rod, was once 8 foot but I broke the tip
A Penn long beach rod
A 5'6" Shakespeare tiger jigging rod
An 8 foot Shakespeare linecounter trolling rod
A once 7'8" rod now 7'5" intended to be a steelhead rod
An 8 foot crappie rod that I lost the butt half of
A Berkley big game rod
A rod who's name and length escapes me
A cabellas whuppin stick ice rod
An uglystik ice rod
Some shimano rod
I'm sure I'm forgetting something.
>>
>>733013
3 reels and 2 rods. Broken my salmon rod last fall. We're only allowed 3 poles per person so I see no point in hoarding shit that I'll never or rarely use.
>>
>>732981
Seatbelts and luck
I had a concussion, needed a dozen stitches, a dozen staples, and they kept me a while for observation.
Also that's a green sunfish, they're pretty cool
>>
>>733031
>so I see no point in hoarding shit that I'll never or rarely use.
Blasphemy.
>>
>>733033
I used to stock pile. I got over it as I got older. It's a waste of money and space. I might be a little more loose when it comes to lures, but not by much. The whole thing you guys post about where you're paying a flat rate and getting sent mystery shit is fucking retarded, though.
>>
>>733037
But having the perfect fly rod for the perfect situation is one of life's greatest joys.
>>
>>733037
I'm trying to sell some of my shit but the market for huge ass meme casters in north east ohio is pretty minimal
>>
>>733038
Hopefully I'll be one of those types some day

IF I EVER FIGURE OUT HOW TO CAST WITHOUT 1,000,001 WIND KNOTS
>>
>>733048
Just find someone to give you a lesson you fucking sperg; people in the community are really friendly and i t took me all of five minutes to run this info down via google.

http://www.fedflyfishers.org/Contact/Locate/CastingInstructors/tabid/301/Default.aspx

http://www.buckeyeflyfishers.com/calendar/callist.asp?type=cst

http://www.westernreserveflyanglers.com/

http://www.firelandsflyfishers.com/index.html
>>
>>732856
Snap swivels are the shit.
I literally never not use them. Usually change 8+ lures in a day of fishing so i need em.
>>
>>733000
Love this guys enthusiasm.
Still need to look at your last vid tho.
>>
File: 20151214_211221.jpg (5MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20151214_211221.jpg
5MB, 5312x2988px
>>733013

Too many. And its never enough.

Rundown:

Cheap walmart "costal tuff" power medium paired with an okuma magda pro line counter. Loaner rod for the boat.

Penn regiment casting rod paired with a shimano curado. Fluke/porgy/seabass main combo.

Ugly stik tiger lite rated for like 8oz or so. Paired with an okuma cold water line counter. Heavy bottom rod for tautog and ocean fluke/striper etc...

Okuma glx? Trolling rod. Paired with whatever baitcaster i have available at the moment. Usually an abu black max. Makes a good backup bottom fishing/loaner rig.

Shimano trevala S ml paired with penn fierce 3000. Spinning/jig setup for light fluke porgy and seabass.

A heavy okuma spinning rod, i forget exactly the model. Paired with a penn ss750. Striper and bluefish rod.

My newest baby, Penn battalion 10' rated 1-4oz. Paired with a penn spinfisher v. Surf rod.

I also have a pos 13' southbend surf rod i can use as a loaner pole with the other big penn.

I think thats it for salt combos.

For freshwater:

Abu garcia vengence with an okuma stratus v memecaster combo. For heavier bassin'. Jigs, topwater ect...

Ugly stik elite spinning rod paired with an okuma av 30b for the majority of my fresh fishing. Bluefoxes, mepps, trout fishing ect...

Fin nor spinning rod with a stratus v spinning reel. Backup spin combo/loaner.

Abu cardinal S combo. Friend left it with me. Back up/loaner. I have it spooled with braid atm cuz why not.

A piece of garbage Shakespeare memecast rod that i never use.

And the star of them all, the zebco dock demon. Spooled with 20# braid, its a total novelty item lmao.

Not everything is pictured and isnt listed in order. All salt combos have 20# braid except the tautog reel has 30#, and the surf rod has 40#. Freshwater combos have 6# mono, the okuma memecaster has 20# braid and the cardinal S spinning reel does as well.
>>
>>733053
I've never met someone who fly fishes outside of the internet and I've watched a ton of videos; they can only learn you so much and Then it will never be as good as having someone stand over you and tell you exactly what you're doing wrong.
>>
For you fly-fishing anons, I want to (attempt to make) and use some mouse fly's, bass and pickerel, as well as monster browns will love them

Though I don't flyfish, and I need to figure out a way to fish them on a spinning rod and reel, I feel like ,it be too light to cast normally and any sort of float will spook fish (the trout atleast)
Maybe I would be able to weight the hook and make the flys body out of foam to counteract the buoyancy anyone who has any genius ideas please do let me know,

Other then learning fly-fishing of course while I can half ass cast I can't afford a new (or used) rod and reel at this point in time and I wouldn't use it enough to justify it
Plus I don't have much interest
>>
>>733013
>Shimano Vengeance AX Monster XH 3.00m 45-145g + Spro Saltwater Performa SW665 reel.
For gilthead bream, and heavier jigs.
>Shimano Vengeance AX Monster H 3.00m 28-75g + Spro Saltwater Performa SW665 reel.
For seabass/bluefish. All purpose heavier spinning rod.
>Mitchell Catch 423 Surf Rod 4.20m 100-250g + Tica Sportera GR (cant remember size but it fits 250+m of 0.40mm mono)
For Gilthead bream at larger distances. Considering to try some big jigs and surf spin with them.
>Zebco Cool DX or something. 2.90m 20-40gr + Spro Saltix BT (cant remember size)
Dads cheap universal old reliable. Must be at least 10 years old by now. Used for squid and seabass. Has caught mackerel, bonito, seabass, horse mackerel, bluefish, squid, even something like false albacore.
I got him that reel for his birthday.
>Some universal light telerod i cabt remember the name of + Okuma Safina Noir reel. Smallest i got. Cant remember size.
And a few other odd rods.

Speaking of this. Need new line for dads Saltix BT. Right now its on 2 year old Berkley Trilene at 0.28mm. Solid line pulled a 2lb seabass out, but needs new. Any suggestions?
>>
File: fish.jpg (2MB, 1664x1248px) Image search: [Google]
fish.jpg
2MB, 1664x1248px
this was right before my phone went for a swim and became kill.. was testing out different homemade lures. frankly Idk if this one is any good or not, because the squad of fish that came around, where so fucking retarded they where trying to eat the bobber that was as big as them.

I did however learn some things about lure building. especially wooden lures. Gotta find a way to make them more attractive and attention getting while their moving. I could swim right in front of the fish with the lure, and they not care. its not until it would float up to the top, and i'd jig it a little, that they were noticing it. they seem to be more attracted to the movement. VS the shiny/color. also shape seemed not to matter.
>>
>>733062
>For you fly-fishing anons, I want to (attempt to make) and use some mouse fly's, bass and pickerel, as well as monster browns will love them
Not worth it. For JUST a decent vise - ie. not including hooks, materials, etc. - you could buy literally 50 professionally-tied mouse flies much better than anything you could produce. I'd just suck it up and shell out for a durable plastic mouse LURE that will take many times more abuse than a fly - toothy fish in particular are notorious for destroying flies.

And mouse flies and lures are supposed to float and cause a lot of noise; they're imitating a mouse falling into the water and panicking.

http://www.basspro.com/Snag-Proof-Moss-Mouse/product/1207040441429/
>>
>>733084
>decent vise

just use needle nose vice grips, a lag bolt, a piece of pipe that fits almost perfectly over the lag bolt, some nuts. and KABAM ghetto rigged fly tying vice.
>>
Anyome know how i can make tail trebles weedless on jigs?
When i jig them and they do their little dances they sometimes hook the line and you have to reel it in sometimes from the entire cast distance, and its annoying
>>
>>733084
I have a cheap vice that works just fine as well as some basic tying tools
>>
>>733084
>>733140
And what's the fun in buying shit, if I buy flys it doesn't solve the casting problem, if I buy a topwater mouse that's 12-20 dollars and one snag gets rid of that,
Why not attempt to make my own? I have a cheap vice , I can get bucktail for free, or near to it, I'm sure I can find foam for next to nothing as well
>>
File: mouse_rat.jpg (18KB, 400x287px) Image search: [Google]
mouse_rat.jpg
18KB, 400x287px
>>733084
absolutely bullshit.

I paid 30$ for my vise and toolkit from a store that shall remain nameless.

I learned how to tie 4 basic patterns that I use the most

I have already saved a shit load of money.

If you learn the patterns, don't buy more material than you need you should be saving money. I literally just use the materials I can fit in a 11x8x3 tupperware container, and the tools that came with my cheap ass vise kit.

Haven't had any issues, haven't bought any flies since I bought the vice. Still using the 30$ in materials I bought last October, have tied easily over 100 flies.

Also these are a lot easier to tie and more cost effective than you $8 lure.
>>
>>733165
There we go nigga, so now can you help me think of a way to make it weigh a bit more so I can use it with my spinning rod?

Also trying to figure out of I could have an upwords facing hook due to fishing it in weeds etc
>>
>>733015
Yeah I was surprised he grabbed it too. But that's where I caught a carp on a swimbait so I guess the fish are crazy there.

>>733024
>>733032
>green sunfish

I wasn't really sure if it was a bluegill or not. Everybody here calls them that, but I always figured that wasn't what they really were.
>>
>>733168
Weight the hook and use styrofoam to make it float
>>
>>733189
that was my first idea, il have to try different materials, deer hair, squirrel hair etc,
>>
>>733168
why not just use a regular mouse lure for your spinning rod?

wrapping weight around the shank isn't going to add much weight.

is that the part of the conversation I missed lol.
>>
>>733243
i want something as natural looking as possible, i think hair and a tail will help with gettin finickey fish to bite
>>
File: IMG_0743.jpg (868KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0743.jpg
868KB, 1632x1224px
>>732782
>hard to tell how big it is
yeah, it's a bitch to even start to show this thing n pics. Here's a few potato shots with a plano thrown in for scale
>>
File: IMG_0744.jpg (651KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0744.jpg
651KB, 1632x1224px
>>733253
>>
File: IMG_0745.jpg (955KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0745.jpg
955KB, 1632x1224px
>>733255
>>
File: IMG_0735.jpg (660KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0735.jpg
660KB, 1632x1224px
>>733253
and some of the flies that were in it
>>
File: IMG_0742.jpg (728KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0742.jpg
728KB, 1632x1224px
>>733259
and
>>
>>733253
put battery in digital scale and it's balls on accurate, weather radio works, 8x25 binoculars are waterproof and clear. There's a bunch of mono and fluro leaders in it. Still finding more. Thermometer on a string is the latest find.

So many pockets...
>>
>>733265
Where did you get?
>>
>>733303
Craigslist
paid $125
225 bag new
50 binoculars new
20 digital scale new
? weather radio
40-60 SOG paratool

Well worth it
>>
>>733165
Then you either bought a cheap POS that will break in a few years or got a hell of a deal.
>>
>>733037
>mystery shit is fucking retarded
meh, I used to smoke. a LOT. at $10/pack I'm saving a shitton of money so $30 for 2 boxes is nothing.
I like the way it challenges me to fish outside my comfort zone using what I always do.
>>
File: IMG_20160407_133936215.jpg (4MB, 4320x2432px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160407_133936215.jpg
4MB, 4320x2432px
Progress on home made mouse bait, I'm going to be able to add a splitshot to the center of the hook shank I think to add weight
Still very rough but I've got the hard part down
>>
>>733360
Thats actually pretty neat!
>>
File: cheesespider.jpg (38KB, 520x395px) Image search: [Google]
cheesespider.jpg
38KB, 520x395px
>>733360
home made mouse bait
>>
>>733366
kek/10
>>
Have you guys had good luck with rattletraps? I'm considering trying one out, haven't used one before
>>
>>733372
Yeah with barracuda. Throw it out, let it sink, then reel as fast as fucking possible. It's fun fishing for sure, because the water is clear enough to watch the whole take. They're incredibly fast.

For bass though? I'm hit or miss, but I do better with twitch twitch pause type baits anyways.
>>
File: Snapchat-86507751556695628.jpg (614KB, 684x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-86507751556695628.jpg
614KB, 684x1280px
first fish I caught in my kayak
>>
File: image.jpg (146KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
146KB, 640x1136px
Anybody tryin to get a steal on a really nice reel?
>>
File: image.jpg (129KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
129KB, 640x1136px
>>733391
They also have 25% off all tackle bags and boxes, 30% off all waders (Skid), and a couple other reels for around 50% off. I really want to grab that Skeet Reese one right now but just can't waste the money right now.

Only good til 10PM EST btw
>>
>>733400
Alright I'm buying waders
>>
File: image.jpg (96KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96KB, 640x1136px
>>733406
I'm so close to grabbing that reel. Free shipping too since it's over $50

http://m.dickssportinggoods.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=50628776&camp=Email:04072016FlashSaleLink:_reportname__&mcid=301316750
>>
>>733391
whats the difference between this and the Skeet Reese Victory
>>
>>733380
Nice crappie anon! What did you catch that beauty on?
>>
>>733364
thanks, it floats even with lead on the shank of the hook, next a coat of eppoxy ( to hold the weight in then il spraypaint it all black m, then add fur /hair
>>
File: image.jpg (145KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
145KB, 640x1136px
>>733419
The one on sale for $60 is better than the regular Victory judging by the baitcaster.
>>
>>733424
im just askin because i can poick up the normal one for $30 and it has an extra spool
>>
File: image.jpg (164KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
164KB, 640x1136px
>>733419
Regular Victory is aluminum body vs Carbon. And I don't think the regular has ceramic bearings. Damn I need to stop looking at this thing.
>>
>>733165
hey bub you have a fishing channel correct?
>>
>>733428
so it would be worth ettin the normal one used for A$30
>>
>>733430
You were asking about that, and I still don't think it's a bad deal. Looks like those regular Victory reels normally run closer to $100. And if you need that extra spool, you can't beat it.

But goddamn for $60 that Carbon Pro is a lot of reel for the money.
>>
File: image.jpg (94KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94KB, 640x1136px
>>733430
>>733432
Well the baitcaster is $80, so I'm gussing the spinning reel ran right about the same price.
>>
>>733432
yeah guy said i could have it for $30 if no one else bought it by Monday idk if i should try to be even cheaper
>>
>>733421
just a black culprit worm
>>
File: image.jpg (90KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90KB, 640x1136px
>>733406
You actually gonna grab some?

Pic related is cheap, and I know that's the main concern. Although I do want to see pics of the ones you make out of Walmart overalls and cheap rain boots.
>>
>>733440
Very nice i always wanted to pick up yak fishing seems relaxing
>>
File: image.jpg (273KB, 2000x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
273KB, 2000x1334px
>>733459
+1

Was scoping out some lakes today while I was working. I think I got another great one to hit this weekend. I love the lakes in little business parks. They cut the grass so you can walk right up to shore and nobody goes fishing there. Easy pickings.
>>
>>733432
>$60 that Carbon Pro
stop talking me into it...
They have a 2000 and the 4000
Odd thing in the specs is the 2k & 3k retrieve at 33.5" Says 4k retrieve is 11.5"???
>>
File: Snapchat-7177802443119390630.jpg (306KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-7177802443119390630.jpg
306KB, 720x1280px
>>733459
yeah I love it, I take it in like two or three day camping trips down rivers. haven't really done it lately since I have no where to keep it at college
>>
>>733464
Look at their webpage or the pic here >>733428

The 40 looks pretty damn big. The 20 isn't too small either, somewhere around 160yds of 10lb. It would be a good bass reel. I have the 20 in my shopping cart. I really want to but shouldn't spend the money. It's such a nice reel though. But if I buy that, I gotta find a decent rod to match.
>>
>>733461
CAN YOU NOT HOLD THE LIP GRIP AT 90 DEGREES
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: image.jpg (112KB, 707x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112KB, 707x960px
>>733485
She has her hand under the belly. That is perfectly reasonable.
>>
>>733449
Probably. Not those though I had some like those once; they don't last well
>>
>>733508
Actually probably no. 125 bucks to get my tires changed, plus I gotta pay for tubes because fucking spoked tires and not cast (I might buy some cast tires this summer for that reason)
But basically I've got 190 dollars to my name after buying the wrong phone minutes card

I'd really like to just blow my head off right now.
>>
>>733520
With you're luck you'd live and you have to figure out how to fish with only one working arm or something
>>
>>733520
Better to buy a pair of Frogg Toggs. They start at ~$100 and while they're not as nice as Simms or some other brands they're still pretty good at a fraction of the price.

And in the long run it's cheaper to buy stockingfoot waders and boots than booted waders.
>>
>>733489
Look at the fishes bottom lip. Inside out.
Its just pissing me off
>>
>>733471
fuck me running. I just can't decide. Have 2000 in basket, have CC out. Haven't spent any $ on freshwater gear (tackle excluded) this year but have dumped a ton on salt with the Battle II 5000 and the Spinfisher V 6500

3hrs 15 mins to decide....I'm sure I've got a rod for it. I've got 5 or 6 of my Dad's kicking around.
>>
just spraypainted the mouse boddies black, as a base coat, i probably do a grey or white on stomach then attach hair , n not sur what kind, il probably try to get some deer hair, but il also try to shoot a squirrel while eating dinner ansd use the hide on my lures,
>>
>>733546
I know man, I really want to do it but I have just spent so much money on fishing shit in the past 6 months. Plus I just bought that Fenwick rod like a week ago since I broke an old one. And Saturday I'm supposed to go fishing with dude from work, and probably will end up at Bass Pro or Dick's so he can grab a couple things and I'm sure I will end up with a couple lures or something.

That reel is just so fucking nice for $60. Free shipping too. I would probably pay $120 for if I was in the market for a new reel and it was marked down from $160. Where else are you ever going to find a reel with a carbon body and ceramic bearings for $60? Too bad I waited so long to do my taxes because I would have that reel and a nice rod in the mail right now.
>>
>>733548
Jesus, this is getting exciting.

Idk if they still do, but Mepps would pay for squirrel tails. Shoot a few more and make some money.
>>
>>733528
Yeah I was going to get cabellas brand 3mm neoprene stocking foot and some cheap Wal-Mart special 15 dollar shoes.
>>
>>733522
With my luck I'd go deaf in both ears blind in one eye be a paraplegic and only have one arm working.
>>
>>733546
fuck it, clicked submit order...
>>
I got out for the first time in 2 weeks today... Only caught one baby-sized bass but was nice to be out on a lake again
>>
>>733554
>reel with a carbon body and ceramic bearings for $60
yeah, I gotta start namefagging. Cape Cod kayaking Pondfish gear bag buying anon....
Commonly known as Big_Dumb_Ox
>>
>>733596
That bag looks real nice btw after seeing the other pics. Shit is like new.

>>733592
Decent. I don't blame you. I really want one too but I need to try and stack some money right now.

>>733593
Better than nothing
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (62KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
62KB, 1280x720px
>>733602
Buy me things!
>>
Fishing Forecast: April 7, 2016
Although Mother Nature had one last cold blast to give us, April is finally here. The week prior had some great fishing with the warmer temperatures, but it has cooled off in some areas. This should start to rebound again once the temperatures start to rise.

Saltwater enthusiasts are hitting the Rhode Island cod bite hard, as that fishery has blown open over the past week. New Jersey is seeing a good start to the season with cod up to 10 pounds and blackfish up to 20 inches being reported.

Striped bass action continues to improve along the coast with good reports of schoolies and the occasional keeper being caught in Raritan Bay and western Long Island Sound.

The freshwater bite is still going strong. Trout are biting in Massachusetts, monster largemouth bass were landed in Rhode Island this week, and opening day arrives this Saturday for Rhode Island, Connecticut, and New Jersey.

Check out this week's reports to catch the bite in your area this weekend!

Read This Week's Report

>>733602
>like new.
yeppers
>>
>>733609
If 85 Honda Magna 700 rims would fit your bike I'd send you mine. Carcass of bike is just sitting under the Magnolia tree
>>
>>733609
I'm not even tryin to buy myself that reel right now nigga
>>
>>733614
I'd say not because 07 klr650 with 21 inch front and 17 inch rear.
If that magna was rotting somewhere indoors I'd ask what's wrong with it because they make an amazing sound and are pretty sexy looking but I've got two dead bikes eating up space as it is.
One is a cb500 four that last ran 10 years ago for 30 seconds before catching fire
The other is an 82 ltd550 with gasket issues (gas is leaking in to The oil somehow)
If I got a magna 700 I'd build a trailer hitch for it and use it to pull a kayak to fishing places. Probably rig it into some kind of stupid bobber with a fish theme.
>>
>>733618
I know I'm just being a low income pain
>>
>>733623
It was a great bike, unfortunately housed outside too many winters. V4 Hondas are the shit. I need to find somebody to give it to that can resurect it. Pretty much everything is there and I bet for less than $500 somebody could have a great bike.
Sucks not having a garage but I'd probably fill it with shit if I did.
>>
>>733623
>cb500
that was my 1st. Forget the year, 70's pre directionals. Great bike as well
>>
>>733643
What do you figure is wrong with it? I imagine a rusted out tank and a seat falling to bits, every bit of rubber is probably dry rotted, gaskets are probably buggered, the cables, chain and sprockets probably seized up, as with the axles, I bet there's something like a field mouse that turned the exhaust into a home, carb rebuild, and all the fluids changed. I'd love to make it my fishing bike. Tackle bag on one side rod holders on the other, and a top box in the middle to hold my jacket and gloves. And obviously a helmet lock but that goes without saying
>>
>>733000

Alright, only since you asked...lol

https://youtu.be/GpGXNg0_v9E

Let me know what you think of this style. This was my first time ever doing an actual video haha.
>>
>>733656
Oh and the electrics probably all need rewiring
>>
>>733657
fuck yeha dude nice to see more content coming from these threads

awesome video, tempted to head south and do some yaking with ya
>>
>>733657
>dat nas who's world is this remix

*nods head in approvement*
>>
>>733663

You are more than invited my friend. I could always use some yak buddies. Holla if you're ever in the area.

>>733575

If you're using them for the salt, i would recommend a pair of Hodgman Caster bootfoot waders. Like 100 bucks, they are warm, go up nice and high, and have a year warranty.

LL bean waders are also praised for salt because they have a lifetime warranty which is pretty dank.

For freshwater use exclusively, you could get away with something cheap.

Dont forget to wear your wading belt. could save your life, and at the very least keep you dry lol.
>>
>>733666

Hahaha damn you got a good ear. I pulled that sample out of the same song they did lol.
>>
>>733113
Change them out to single hook trailers.
>>
>>732852
They're convenient as hell
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>tfw there was a bluefish frenzy
>tfw people were catching them almost every cast
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
These things are so fun to catch. They fight so damn hard for their size.
>>
>>733678
They're convenient for scaring away fish.
>>
>warmer today
> rain
Worms everywhere on the road,
after I clean up from dinner I'm going to go on a walk and pick up 50 or so of them, especially since trout season starts 2 days from now
>>
>>733372
Love them, especially in the summer when I want to cover a lot of water In a short period of time.
When bass are active, they are deadly. I turn the reel a few cranks, tug and pause, then repeat.
>>
>>733668
Nope fresh 100%
>>733679
I love blues that size. I bet it would be fun to target them on my 7wt fly rod from a kayak
>>
File: spanishmackerel.jpg (572KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
spanishmackerel.jpg
572KB, 1632x1224px
>>733372
I fucking love the 1/2 oz gold rat-l-trap. It's probably the most versatile lure I own.
>>
>>733668
What's a wading belt and how would it save my life? I mean if I'm in a 'yak I can see the value but I don't see where else it would help besides keeping me dry
>>
File: image.jpg (123KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
123KB, 640x1136px
Finally pulled the trigger on an Abu STX. Thank you lord for amazon gift cards. Should be here Saturday. Now I just have to buy a rod. Also found a rattle trap I lost a few days ago in the spill. Bretty awesome.
>>
Officially 3 weeks sick
I just coughed up a wad of green phlegm the size of a dime.
I want to be well and go fishing again
>>
>>733724
Well If that dime was a sphere of dime diameter
>>
>>733691

If you fall in over your head your waders wont fill up and drown you as long as you have a belt fastened tightly around your waist. I guess its less relevant in shallow freshwater. But it still gives you a place to clip tools and what not.
>>
>>733684
Easily 2-300 worms, hopefully most of them will recover better then them getting squished in the morning when people go to work
>>
>>733691
Iwear one over my jacket, over my waders.

Keeps the surf out, a well webbed belt can hold gear, and keep you safer.
>>
File: 1st carp 2016.jpg (228KB, 640x359px) Image search: [Google]
1st carp 2016.jpg
228KB, 640x359px
First of 2016, The Greatest Freshwater Sportfish in the World.
>>
>>733679
>>733680
Fuck those are nice!
Im excited, day beforr yesterday was the first day this year that mullet fish were all the way to the coast, and the first time we had a bluefish sighting on my closest spot to home, it was followin the lure bot not taking it.
Im still psyched!

>>733682
Ive been catching all my life with swivel clips. Convenient.
But i will say tgere are better ways.
>>
>>733708
Memecaster or spinning?
>>
>>733776
That's not a bass
>>
File: kektop.jpg (1MB, 2160x3840px) Image search: [Google]
kektop.jpg
1MB, 2160x3840px
Its here.
Lookin so fresh. I have recieved no response from guys for spare parts since ive sent part numbers. But whatever.
Old reel will now be auxiliary reel for thick mono 0.30-0.40 and new reel will be primary for dat PE braid.
>>
>>733899
It came with 2 spools? Decent.
>>
>>733657
Liked it, thx!
>>
>>733900
Yeah extra one aint alluminum. But all my reels except the okuma came with an extra spool.
>>
>>733904
> finally have some free time
> surf and tide condition are all nice
> Fucking light shower starts and lasted through out the whole weekend

It's absolutely terrible and piss me off. I feel like the weather is working against me and my schedule.

To make it worse, I discovered one of the problem in a used reel that i brought for cheap. It's a major problem but wasn't noticable until i rigged it up. It wasn't worth the service price so I tried to take it apart myself to figure it out. I fucked up and make the problem worse though. I might try to take it apart and reassemble again one day but as of now it's not even functional anymore. At least I kinda get to see how the inside mechanism look like
>>
>>733909
didn't mean to quote>>733904
>>
>>733823
Memecaster 4 lyfe. I pretty much only use my spinning reels for throwing light lures and finesse work.
>>
>>733918
Most of my fishing consist of throwing light lures so yea. There isn't much heavy stuff around here unless I go onto a boat for salt water
>>
>>733918
That STX will be nice. I kinda regret not spending the extra money on that over the SX because of that drag system. I did get the SX for a good price though.
>>
>>733920
Well light for me is like less than 1/4 ounce. Mostly unweighted soft plastics or when I'm using love bait.

>>733922
>that drag system

I knows. The black max doesn't have a clicking drag and I never realized how big of a difference that made for bigger fishes.
>>
>>733943
I concour. I can cast a 1/4 ounce jig with my abu garcia ambassador, so 1/4 ounce is light but not that light.
>>
>>733657

id say it was pretty good
>>
>>733949
excuse my spelling i was still 3/4 asleep when i typed that out
>>
>>733556
16-20 c per squirrel tail ( grey squirrels) but they will doubble it if you trade for mepps so 32-40c per tail, guess what im doing
>>
out of boredom i decided to see what kind of gear i could find on cl near me for fly fishing.
i found 5 wt, 7wt, and an 8wt rod, but the last being the only in my budget that i didnt already own
both the 5 wt rods were over 100 dollars, and ive already got a 7 wt rod.

why is flyfishing so fucking expensive?
in regular fishing an entry level combo is about 25 dollars and comes with some lures
in fly fishing an entry level combo is 60 dollars then you still need flies
>>
>>734057
5 squirrels to the dollar at best
youll have made squirrels extinct before you make a living off of it
>>
>>734065
I have multiple properties il hunt,
Plus I know someone who will clean squirrels for me for basically free etc
Plus I know quite a few folks who have to keep pests off of farms that I'm sure don't do anything with the pelts
>>
>>734061
>Hurr
Been to Wal-Mart lately? They sell shitty fly fishing kits right alongside shitty spincasting kits as well as accessories and flies and cheap, shitty bootfoot waders. If you really wanted to you could get into fly angling for ~$100 but it would be shitty, uncomfortable gear with no warranties.

As far as outdoor hobbies go fly fishing really isn't that expensive; for the ~$600 that it costs to get set up with NIB entry-level gear that will last years (at RETAIL; you could probably knock off at least a C-note by buying smart) you could buy probably buy 2/3 of an entry-level touring kayak or 1/12 of a new dirt bike - with no accessories, of course. Hell, even a new set of hiking clothing and a pair of boots could run you that much.
>>
>>734079
I've never seen any walmart carry fly fishing stuff. No lines, leaders, flies, and damn sure no combos. I'm sure you could order them from the website, but idk about actually in store.
>>
>>734057
That sounds like a win-win. Target practice and free Mepps.

>>734089
Probably depends where you live. I imagine they sell some fly fishing stuff in areas where it is popular. Like how Walmarts near me are mostly saltwater, in the NW or NE I bet they have a few fly rods and some tackle.
>>
>>734100
Yeyeye, though I have to do most of it with a pellett gun because close to other houses etc
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>734107
That's how I would do it. I keep meaning to get some real guns, at least a Glock or something, but just have never gotten around to it. Plus if I get a handgun, I want to get a conceal carry permit too so I gotta do one of them Saturday classes.
>>
>>734079
The Wal-Mart near me sells near nothing
I can't even buy a gun from my Wal-Mart
The nearest gander mountain is 45+ minutes away, and the fly fishing section let's you choose between about 5 rod and reel combos, The fly section is 5'6"×4 feet on one side. Gink is the only fly floatant and there are about a dozen tipets the cheapest of which is 3.75 for one. Fly fishing Just isn't big in my area.
>>
>>734112
I lent my nice one to family years ago, and never got it back, now I have to use a shitty one
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Goddamn lady at this park. 3pm on a Friday, for this delivery I'm supposed to call the lady 30min before I get here so she can head over. Called her a bit after 2pm and said half an hour and she said it's fine. I forgot women run on retarded timing. If this wasn't my last stop, I would put the shit back on the truck and leave.
>>
>>734112
What about that arisaka?
And glock 19
Small enough to carry big enough to be a great night stand gun, and 9mm is more than enough to put someone down.
Just be sure to get that underwater upgrade kit so if you fall in the lake while fishing you can shoot the alligators. Maybe a compact m1911 would serve you well. 45 acp and works when wet.
>>
>>734079
>it would be shitty, uncomfortable gear
and you'd lose interest in fly fishing immediately.
>>
>>734114
Then order online. It costs the same (~$30) and has free delivery to your store of choice.

>>734123
That too.
>>
>>734125
I've got a 7 wt but that's pretty heavy for crappie. I've Also got one of those 12 dollar fly rods with several inches broken off the tip so yeah.
>>
>>733918
Post pics of spool pls. I want to know if the stx is a free float.
>>
>>734129
This is the one I've been thinking about
Wild Water Fly Fishing Complete 5/6 Starter Package 94-104USD
http://www.amazon.com/Wild-Water-Fly-Fishing-Complete/dp/B001IAHX6A
>>
>>734141
I was thinking I'll suck it up and do what I can with my 7 wt and just watch for hits instead of feeling them (using my floating line as a 25 yard strike indicator)
Then I'll upgrade the reel in summer
Then eventually I'll get something like a 4/5 wt combo or maybe a 3/4 wt combo
>>
I have a feeling I can use some pvc pipe to modify a regular fly rod (my 7 weight) into a spey rod and then back. I think a pair of hose clamps some dremel work, some experimenting and a bit of preying will have me a device.
>>
>>734137
You still want the black and red vintage ambassadeur521 I got? Looking to get rid of it
>>
Whats a good braid to braid knot? I wanna add more line to my reel. Or is that a bad idea?
>>
>>734181
I always do uni-uni because I can tie them well. Just lubricate and don't cinch them super tight until the two knots are in their final places.

Last time I added line to a spool, I took all the line off and put the new line at the bottom. I hate casting with knots. If it's on a leader, whatever, I just gotta deal with it but I try to keep the tags clean.
>>
>>734181
Uni to uni
>>
>>734184
>>734186
Awesome. I'm gonna respool it soon, but I'll have to go get more line. I'm about to go out on my buddies boat so I wanted some extra like.
>>
File: IMG_20160408_171110728.jpg (3MB, 2432x4320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160408_171110728.jpg
3MB, 2432x4320px
Some progress on mouse lures, using cat fur that my cat greatfully donated
I should be using better glue but am all out of super glue
>>
>>734137
I will when I get it.
>>
File: image.jpg (58KB, 402x604px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58KB, 402x604px
Just in case we hit 310 while I'm asleep.

I'm hoping dude from work is still down to go fishing tomorrow morning. He was bugging me about it earlier in the week and I have a couple new spots I want to check out.
>>
>>734239
Big stocking day in Maine yesterday. Going to be hot action for me tomorrow too. Just hoping my buddy doesn't bail
For all you northeast guys, check your States stocking report, a lot of guy at work today mentioned that most New England states had big stocking days the 6th and 8th. Fishing should be hot as fuck the next few weeks.
>>
>>734247

My local lakes were all stocked by opening day of trout. Pretty sure april 2nd. Once we get a day that isnt 20mph winds+, im gonna check out another trout spot.

No matter what i try, i cant get them to eat powerbait...i think ive have enough of that lol.
>>
>>734266
Use a pellet fly. Take an egg pattern, color it with brown sharpie, gink it up and you wont be able to keep them off your line.

If you're using spinning gear then once you kill yourself out of shame you should fish it behind one of those clear bobbers on 2lb. test or so and you'll destroy them.
>>
>>734247
Can't find stocking info for Connecticut. Can a CT bro help a guy out?
>>
>>734269
As someone who worked for one of Connecticut's hatcheries I can assure you pretty much every place I the state that's public access has been being heavily stocked the past 2-3 weeks,
During stocking season our hatchery sent out 3-4 trucks a day with 1800-2100 fish a piece in them daily

Now I don't know exactly where you're located but you should do alright
>>
File: received_10209485061982116.jpg (25KB, 480x854px) Image search: [Google]
received_10209485061982116.jpg
25KB, 480x854px
Sup famalamadingdongs
>>
>>734205
have 2 sides done on 3 different lures, hopefully the shitty glue im using will hole, if not il do it again swith superglue
>>
>>734275
>Now I don't know exactly where you're located but you should do alright

In my state, the stocking location is common and publicly available knowledge.

just google *your state name* stocking report

It's a thing of beauty that not too many people know about.

>>734266
>powerbait
yeah I've never used it, maybe ill try it some day.

>>734269
hmm it's a PDF for the recipricol new england states, maybe it's not publicly available in conn?

If >>734275 is right, which he probably is, you should be into some good fish no matter where you go in conn. from what it sounds like they have an amazing stocking program for the size of their state. hell according to the Maine stocking report, Conn did more fish according to anon in the past few weeks than Maine did in a few months. Although our natural trout habitats are extremely productive; and the stocking program is meant to supplement the existing population, and provide relief to extremely heavily fished areas.
>>
File: t12.png (2MB, 1477x827px) Image search: [Google]
t12.png
2MB, 1477x827px
>>734279
NIGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

You didn?! so I think that makes three with cameras now? Dis summer gonna be good; excited to watch you and fluke catch some fish.
>>
>>734294
lots of us have and use gopros, we just don't feel the need to join the circlejerk.
>>
>>734292
you can find all of the socking spots in the state of connecticut, thought you cant always find exactly what spots got stocked on certain days, we also stock alot of fish due to alot of people keeping them last year the inland fisheries department stocked 1.5 million fish, 800 thousand of which were trout
>>
File: ghSsfGI.jpg (332KB, 1167x827px) Image search: [Google]
ghSsfGI.jpg
332KB, 1167x827px
>>734296
>the exact type of person that isn't being referered to.

Sorry; didn't say I wanted to see anon fish. was specifically interested in watching the trip fags; not some random redditor who got told to gtf/out/ on /n/ because they asked how to fix their chain in the /pybt/ threads.
>>
>>734294
>>734294
Yaw i did! Goin to Germany and Netherlands early May so i needed it to document my travels kek.
Yeah. Thats under the assumption ill catch any. But fug yeah im also excited. Surely this will also get me to find more spots.

I need to see your and flukes latest, i missed both.
Dat pic neat af too. Love the rod bend. What action is that
>>
>>734302
I wouldn't even want to drop the money on a GoPro specifically for that. It would be cool to take some video on a day when snakeheads and those Mayan cichlids are biting good, but I would never use the GoPro for anything else.
>>
>>734302
>projects 'redditor' onto others
>is tripfagging
topkek. Have fun catching your shitty 10" trout faggot
>>
>>734292
Mainebub I had a brilliantly stupid idea
I'll make a pvc fixture that temporarily converts my 7 weight single hand rod into a spey rod?
Like it clamps on with hose clamps or something then I take off the hoseclamps and it's normal again?
Dumb idea or just crazy enough to work?
>>
>>734311
It's only retarded if you aren't wearing your homemade waders while using it.
>>
File: mNai5anosYMkQQmOeuABcqw.jpg (4KB, 119x225px) Image search: [Google]
mNai5anosYMkQQmOeuABcqw.jpg
4KB, 119x225px
>>734311
you could try it, I assume the balance would be off though.

>>734307
>Have fun catching your shitty 10" trout faggot
I fucking will

Fucking
U
C
K
I
N
G

Will
I
L
L

>>734314
Hodgman Men's Gamewade Packable Hip Waders
I'd rather wear homemade.
>>
File: image.jpg (51KB, 520x425px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51KB, 520x425px
>>734321
>assless chaps
>>
>>734314
Back when I was 10-14 my bare feet were waders. I wore swim trunks and flip flops fishing and wouldn't hesitate to walk chest deep in water.
The only thing that made me stop was I got fed up with scraping leeches off me.

Its a wonder I've lived this long isn't it.
Either way I am still considering them
I'm considering doing a test run with some boots my dad doesn't use any more and some jeans his size for a proof of concept. He says he's up for being a guinnea pig
>>
>>734329
I would say just get some water shoes and wear basketball shorts or swim trunks if it weren't for the leeches.
>>
>>734329
im 19 and still wear a bathing suit when i go to the river or go kayaking, usxully only wade waste deep but have had to completely swim to save an old uguy who flipped his canoe and was struggiling
>>
Why do trout hate me and yellow perch damn near jump in the kayak?
>>
>>734331
doesn't cut it in 45-55F water
>>
>>734337
fishing the wrong side of the pond
>>
>>734329
you can get hip waders for like 40 bucks
>>
>>734337
Drop your leader size, trout have a much more discerning eye than yellas
>>
>>734346
You underestimate how poor Skid is

>>734329
But they will give anybody a credit card with a $300 limit and insane interest rates
>>
>>734331
The only problem aside from leeches is cold water outside of summer. I'd really like to fish steelhead and access crappie spawning spots I can't from dry land.
>>
>>734348
I'm trying to sell some shit but there is a very low market for saltwater gear in northeast ohio.
>>
>>734354
New thread goys
>>
>>734354
>there is a very low market for saltwater gear in northeast ohio.

i can't stop laughing
>>
>>734181
Look up the fg knot
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 71

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.