[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Truck driving

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: beard.jpg (25KB, 491x363px) Image search: [Google]
beard.jpg
25KB, 491x363px
Trying to get out on my own, and want to know about truck driving. Is it good nowadays with college going to shit? Wageslave forever type of job?
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>730524
There's a truckerfag thread on /o/. Just be careful. Company driving OTR won't make you a ton of money. Only way to make good money is owning your own truck. And even then hopefully you don't have a family because you will be sleeping in the truck.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>730524
>>730535
Everybody on /o/ will probably just tell you to go get some computer certifications or something that will give you more options 10 or 20 years down the road.
>>
>>730524
/out/ truck driver here.There is a lot of hype out there lately and truck driving seems to be becoming hip.
This is foolishness.
Its a horrible job for angry old men like me.
Young people have no business in this career
It will ruin your life and erase your social skills.
Not a joke .
Also when you break it down hourly, the money is horribly bad.
>>
>>730574
+1. $35k a year when you are working 14hrs a day and can't really leave the truck much the other 10hrs is shitty. That's why I do local but I bust my ass.
>>
>>730576

>Sitting down all day
>Busting your ass

Pick one
>>
>>731228
I wish I sat down all day. I drive for 10min, work for 30min, repeat. I get so many people asking me where to apply because they don't want to do OTR and I tell em just to drive cross country because you will bust your ass doing this.
>>
>>731228
A lot of truck drivers get hemorrhoids from sitting for prolonged periods of time.

So yes, what are literally busting their ass.
>>
>>731240
Lots of older guys have bad skin problems on the left side of their face too from the sun. But they started putting better UV protection on the windows to help with that.
>>
File: latest.jpg (117KB, 640x416px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
117KB, 640x416px
>>731255
it's actually caused by the windows being open or slightly cracked open. regular auto glass (and most types of glass actually, including house windows and glassware and lightbulbs) is ackchully UV-opaque. in fact a lot of llightbulbs would be dangerous to our eyes if this wasn't the case.

k-keep your windows closed peps, pic related
>>
File: gogoweb-web.jpg (60KB, 970x764px) Image search: [Google]
gogoweb-web.jpg
60KB, 970x764px
>>731260
>>731255
Its not just UV that causes this. UV is the worst culprit but all light is radiation and it causes damage.
That UV glass will not save you.
>>
>>731275
the combination of UVA and B protection and tinted glass is the only way. but even then it's not the same as working in an office
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.