[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i am in the army of an european country on summer we spent a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

i am in the army of an european country

on summer we spent a month in the countryside

i had the following hallucinations when sleeping:

>thinking colonel had entered my tent, i stayed paralyzed in the bed

>confusing trees with people in the darkness, so i stayed "at ease" thinking it was the captain

>literally thinking my tent had flied to another place, and going out to see if it was real (i did it several times that night)

>tent is at 98% darkness, wake up, think my mates are preparing for an ambush, so i get the gun and put my boots on, to realize 15 minutes later they were sleeping

has anything like you ever happened to you?

is this normal?
>>
>>729268
>hallucinations when sleeping
This is called dreaming
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_terror
>>
File: night_hike.jpg (67KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
night_hike.jpg
67KB, 800x800px
>>729268
>ever happened to you?
yes, in basic training. Sleep deprivation in a total emersion environment does this stuff.
>>
He was not dreaming but imagining stories when barely awake, at least I think.
This happen to me sometimes when I sleep in a unknown place, but never happened when sleeping /out/ because I always feel safe for some reasons.
>>
What country
>>
>>729296
holy shit

i saw one of these too

in the place of a tree
>>
File: tree_3.jpg (2MB, 1728x1296px) Image search: [Google]
tree_3.jpg
2MB, 1728x1296px
>>729800
> saw one

I wouldn't worry about it
>>
File: gina-carano.gif (3MB, 624x352px) Image search: [Google]
gina-carano.gif
3MB, 624x352px
>>729286
>>
>>729268

Dont worry, sleep deprivation has gotten the worst of your faggot personality.

You're just a coward inside.

Also probaly molested by your colonel
>>
>>729268
Your site is probably on a burial grounds or old battlefield. What you describe is very common in areas of death.
>>
>>729296
Sheeeit, mang, that's exactly what I had during basic training.

Last 72 hours was at best 4 hours of sleep altogether, I saw some strange shit when on guard.

Like the platoon commander walking through in 4x speed, and some cunts preparing to knife the guy sleeping in the foxhole over.

Managed to retain my sanity and not engage, though fuck knows how. Shit seems real, once you're too sleep deprived to even walk or talk properly.
>>
File: 1421382578152.jpg (3KB, 119x125px) Image search: [Google]
1421382578152.jpg
3KB, 119x125px
>>729268
european army
>kek

anyhow, its sleep deprivation + you being too stressed. find a way to chill out.
>>
>>729268
Sleep Deprivation and stress result in very strange and terrifying nightmares.

Paralysis and odd variations of the area you're sleeping in are common features. Did you ever wake up in your tent and go to walk out, only to realize the flap was shaped differently? Did you get that someone-is-right-fucking-behind-me feeling and try to wake up, only to end up caught in a loop? Dreams are funny like that...
>>
File: P-1003070-3652_0[1].jpg (47KB, 665x665px) Image search: [Google]
P-1003070-3652_0[1].jpg
47KB, 665x665px
>be a young scout
>sleeping in your average tent with 4 other guys, 2nd identical tent for bags n stuff nearby
>sleep walk into the gear tent
>"kind of" wake up in the gear tent
>start wondering how the fuck did I end up here and start yelling for help still half asleep
>snap out of it totally and just walk back to the sleeping tent probably under 10 meters away
>next morning hear people talking about someone yelling for help in the night
>>
Last time I went camping on both nights I dreamed a shitload compared to normal
>>
>>729936
So scouts doesn't try to help people yelling for help in the middle of the night
>>
>>730021
>skinwalker.jpg
>>
Sleep paralysis causes hallucinations sometimes. And that happened because of sleep deprivation which fucks up your mind a little bit too.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnagogia
>>
>>729268
this sort of happens to me sometimes. I am more or less mentally still asleep but physically awake. I think what's happening in real life is a dream and people have said I will go on about stuff that makes no sense but made sense in the whole of the dream I had before awakening. So basically the reverse of what you have where you think the dream is reality and for me I think reality is a dream. But the same in that you're mentally not awake but are so physically.

Anyway sometimes I'm scared about this tendency. I mean I could do something like attack or kill someone while still in a dream state and wake up to find it was real you know? Luckily it happens to me very very rarely.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.