[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the cheapest i can eat while /out/ for a week?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

File: red-beans-rice.jpg (23KB, 460x305px) Image search: [Google]
red-beans-rice.jpg
23KB, 460x305px
What's the cheapest i can eat while /out/ for a week?
>>
It's a week. Just drink plenty of water and carry a Gatorade packet or two per day. Fish or hunt for bonus. You won't starve to death.
>>
File: image.jpg (141KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
141KB, 620x413px
>>726048
Hobo hunting is cheap and easy. Just remember: the younger the hobo, the more tender the meat so I prefer to go after hipsters and runaway teens. Also you want to cook thoroughly to ensure any and all parasites are killed off.
>>
>>726048
Minted smoked trout, cat-tail and squirrel soup, wild rice with puffball mushroom, with maple beer and berries for desert.

I sometimes eat better /out/ than I do /in/.
>>
>>726048
Trader Joe's Indian fare lentil madras. This would be my dinner for at least a few nights. Love this shit. Comes in a pouch you just boil or if you don't care eat it cold. But it's 2$ a pouch and it's fucking awesome. And you can easily make naan on a George Forman or just bake some. They're small and don't take up a lot of room. And is fucking cheap and delicious.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
>>726053
>killing perfectly fuckable teenagers
this is not how to best use nature pepsi. for shame. for shame.
>>
>>726085
>imblign you can't have sex with them after you kill them while they are still warm but before you butcher and cook them

There's always another hobo to rape. But if you need to eat, you need to eat. Hunger takes priority sometimes.
>>
>>726053
Also remember to avoid the brain and spinal cord, prions can't be destroyed with heat or anything else.
>>
>>726116
prion diseases are very uncommon in yumans, at least in first-world countries. but one can't be too careful! any contamination during killng/cleaning can getcha.
>>
>>726116
>>726118
BSE and Kuru are the only cases I know of. Are there more?
>>
>>726048
>cheapest i can eat while /out/

Jar of peanut butter - $2.50
large bag of tortillas - $ 2.00

This will last you for several days maybe a week but it will get pretty monotonous. Add a stick of hard pepperoni or summer sausage for 3 to 4 bucks more. A few bags of Knorr rice / noodles and some instant mashed potatoes at 1 dollar each. Maybe a large box of pop tarts for 4 bucks more.

You can easily pack along a weeks worth of food and spend no more than $20.
>>
Depends on the cookware you're bringing with you and how much moving around you'll be doing.
Anything one pot is a pretty safe bet. One pot soups, pastas , casseroles, etc..
You could easily feed yourself for under 30$ and still eat really well and stay full.
Stock cubes are cheap and take up no space, loose "buy in bulk" kinda vegetables are also very cheap (potato's, mushrooms, carrots, turnips, etc), add beans to just about anything to make it more filling, small snacks will also help curb hunger (nuts, seeds, legumes)
Just don't waste, use everything you bring and get creative. Bringing small bags of spices will also help make boring, repetitive meals more tolerable.
Hell, I could make you an easy, filling curry for under like 5 dollars and it would be tasty as fuck and simple to make on a fire, might even last you 2 meals if you play your cards right.
>>
>>726154
>but it will get pretty monotonous
>cinnamon raisin bread $5
>nutella $3.50
>peanutbutter $2.50

You can never get tired of this combination.
>>
Cup o noodles are cheap; fishing or plugging a game bird is cheap protein; learn your local edible plants and you can eat pretty fucking well. Just know exactly what you're harvesting, least you get the Hershey squirts or worse. Diarrhea innawoods can kill you.
>>
>>726048
Rice and dry beans. Put your beans to soak while you are hiking into a nalgene or anything that can contain it. Lard and sausages.

It worked for romans.
>>
oats+ brown sugar in ziplock bags premixed for breakfast

sidekicks type fettuci or whatever pasta in ziplock with a little extra parmesan cheese and powdered milk and a bit of margerine added.

in between I bring babybel cheese and almonds in a bag. throw in some tea bags and you're set. I even threw in corned beef one time and rice but I didn't end up eating really any of it.
>>
Hard tack and beef jerky.
>>
>>726088
Categorically incotrect. Sex over food for men, always.
Millions of years of evolution.
>>
>>726425
Forgot pemmican bro
Hardtack in soup/broth/coffee for carbs
Unsalted, unsmoked lean beef jerky for protein
Pemmican for fats
7 multivitamin and cod liver oil tabs because you're not staying /out/ very long
>>
>>726371
Rice or dried pasta are much cheaper. You can typically buy 500g of pasta for the same price as 100g of noodles, at least where I live.

OP, get some bags of dried pasta, some rice, some dried beans, some kind of fat to make it taste better (pesto or a fatty dried sausage, or oil/lard/butter) and a spice or two of your choosing. Some cheap crackers or cabin bread is also good and gives you something "not rice or pasta" to eat for lunch. Grab some cheap oats for breakfast as well and you'll be slightly less likely to kill yourself from food boredom.

Disclaimer: only do this if you're actually completely broke because you can spend a little bit more and have a variety of enjoyable meals.
>>
Trap some fish. All you need are some sticks.
>>
>>726517
Can confirm this
Just got back from innawoods with 6 other friends.
500g of pasta is $1.
For dinner on one night we ate 1kg of pasta between us all, which is $2. And then another $4 will get you two bottles of pasta sauce.
So in total, we fed 7 of us of for ~$6(AUD)
>>
>>726553
>>726517

Dis niggas know it.

Im from scandinavia and some of the cheapest meals ive eaten:

Pasta 1 kg ~90 cents ~ 2 cans of different beans ~120 cents ~pesto $1

Almost free.

Oats in the morning with brown sugar.

Bread and some canned meat or a lovely fish
>>
>>726122

CJD
>>
>>726052
That is never a good idea.

>>726048
Peanut butter and tortillas. Still try for foraging and fishing some, but a few pounds of peanut butter will take care of you.
>>
>>726154
Jesus. Is this considered food in America.
>>
>>726048
We have idea what your budget is or what limitations or amenities you have available. You may as well take a fuzzy picture of a bush and ask us to identify it. Is it a hike in? Can you keep food cold in a mountain stream? Do you have any allergies? How much can you actually spend?

GORP is cheap, rice is cheap, vegetable oil is cheap, ramen is cheap. You could probably last a week with a couple dollars worth of food that way.
>>
I home make MRE it's pretty cheap. A vacuum sealer is like 100$ though, but once you get it you can make everything you want which is nice
>>
>>726711
I picked one up.for about $20 on Wal-Mart.com

Bags are cheaper if you get rolls instead of preformed bags, too.
>>
File: Downloads.jpg (425KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Downloads.jpg
425KB, 1000x1000px
Here's the cheapest I found to eat while /out/.
I think it's more or less 2€ for every meal.
It is composed of 200g of semolina, a stock cube and some olive oil.

Of course, you need to add something and you can't eat only this for a extended period of time, but it does the job.
With a basic sandwich for lunch, a very good breakfast and this for dinner, it's perfect IMO.
>>
>>726048
garbage similar to what u posted
>>
>>726646
>That is never a good idea
Foraging is a good skill to have, so is hunting and fishing. You can eat pretty much for free over the course of a week if you have a small degree of skills and knowledge.
>>
File: 00954586.jpg (100KB, 362x372px) Image search: [Google]
00954586.jpg
100KB, 362x372px
ramen.
>learn2basics
come back
>>
>>726657
He asked about 1 weeks food + cheap as possible.
It's not what I would eat necessarily but it WILL fuel you for a week and it IS cheap.

So show us what a eurotrash will pack that will last 1 week and costs less than 17.5 euros
>>
>>726067
>Indian
really? You'd fuck up your BM's intentially while out?
>make naan on a George Forman
Where would you suggest plugging it in?
>>726118
>uncommon in yumans
reading comprehension, they are hobos
>>726371
>Diarrhea innawoods can kill you
This guy knows, see my previous comment about indian food.

Rice & beans, hands down, season for flavor. If you catch/forage anything else it's a bonus.
Oatmeal
Net net is you can eat for less than $5/week if you want.
>>
>>727605
Dude, peanut butter is cheap as fuck. How poor are you if you can't afford peanut butter?
>>
I'd buy nothing but potatoes, rice, and beans.

If you can get into food dehydration you can eat really well on the cheap. Broccoli and carrots are super cheap and they shrink down to nothing.
>>
For like 5 days I bring:
Malt o meal and oat meal for breakfast

A little bread and underwood chicken spread, and summer sausage and crackers for lunch

Ramen noodles for dinner

Some drink mixes: coffee cider kool-aid

And some snacks of whatever if I feel like it. I never spend more than like $25 for 5 days of hiking. If I'm car camping I spend more on meat and eggs and shit because I can bring a cooler.
>>
>>730727
>eggs
>cooler

you need senpai. Eggs dont need cooling unless you go out in like +40c. I always bring egg with me on 5 day trips
>>
>>726657
>hurr durr is this considered x in America
You yuropoors are almost as bad as vegans
>>
File: 1445483609182.png (96KB, 1030x699px) Image search: [Google]
1445483609182.png
96KB, 1030x699px
>>730741
>You yuropoors are almost as bad as vegans
If you went eat shit, you eat shit. Obesity is not our problem
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.