[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tent Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 12

File: 31MwydhaU4L._SX300_.jpg (6KB, 300x226px) Image search: [Google]
31MwydhaU4L._SX300_.jpg
6KB, 300x226px
Hi /out/

I'm a britbong who is going on a camp in a month or so and it has just occurred to me that I'll need a tent.

I won't be the only person on this trip but I will be the only person in the tent, so I had a look around on the internet for one. I came across pic related, which looks big enough, has a decently light weight to it. It only uses one pole to hold it up, which is nice for simple construction.

I was just wondering if there are better choices or, if any of you have used this particular tent (it's called a Grand Canyon Cordova) and can give some personal info on it.

thank you!
>>
Enjoy waking up to a soaking wet sleeping bag with all that condensation. Get a mesh tent with a rain fly, or get a tarp since you live on incest island and have literally nothing to worry about.
>>
File: gc-cardova1.jpg (103KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
gc-cardova1.jpg
103KB, 700x525px
>>724905
>mesh tent with a rain fly

?
>>
File: 263673.jpg (227KB, 880x660px) Image search: [Google]
263673.jpg
227KB, 880x660px
Hey OP I just ordered this. Should be getting it in a couple days. I'll let you know how it is.
>>
my personal preferences:
>2 pole, free standing dome
a tad heavier, but worth it for the improvement in stability without needing to solidly stake it (a pain in the ass in very rocky or sandy soil)
>2 person, 2 doors
again, a bit heavier, but not much, and worth it for the elbow/storage room when you're alone, and versatility if you want to bring another person along down the road
>>
>>725056
this

my tent is just like this one.
I would hate to fuck with a single pole
>>
>>725049
Does the girl come with it? I'd bust a nut in her.
>>
Don't waste money on a nice tent. Unless you only ever pitch it in perfect conditions in a manicured park lawn you'll just fuck it up and be pissed. A cheap Walmart tent will keep you dry, keep the bugs out, and is easily replaced. All of this is IMO of course, but I've gone through 2 nice tents before buying an El cheap and realizing how much happier I am with it.
>>
File: tarp-life-576x1024.jpg (200KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
tarp-life-576x1024.jpg
200KB, 576x1024px
>>724905
>>724922
>>725049
>>725056
>>725109
>>725164
ITT: Poorfags who don't know how to save weight
>>
>>725164
what the fuck, how did you shit up your tents so bad? Buy a fucking footprint for it and stop letting wild moose into your tent

>>725367
A bivvy is more desireable than this
>>
File: coughcough78.jpg (168KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
coughcough78.jpg
168KB, 640x480px
>>725378
>A bivvy is more desireable than this
>>
>>725367
>fell for the tarp meme
>>
>>725393
>carrying around tent poles
>>
>>725395
>carrying around a 5kg tarp
>>
>>725389
>posts something completely different
>>
File: coughcough.jpg (12KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
coughcough.jpg
12KB, 275x183px
>>725400
>8x10 nylon tarps weigh more than 24 ounces
>not cowboy camping as much as nessesary
>>725418
>net tent with a tarp
>completely different
Different than what? More wiggle room than any bug net coffin of a bivy. Oh wait, you meant a real bivy that will leave you wallowing in your own musty condensation.

Either way boys, if you're carrying extra weight as tent poles, you're the biggest cucks on the trail. Better start runnin' when you hear the banjo from behind the trees.
>>
>>725426
Your first post was just a tarp and sleeping bags right on ground

second post is more than just a tarp

What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>725440
second one is a tarptent protrail. it's a single wall tarp with an attached bug net, totally different to a tarp with no net.

they are completely different things.
>>
>>724905
where are you camping in the UK?
>>
File: SixMoonDesigns-LunarSolo.jpg (184KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
SixMoonDesigns-LunarSolo.jpg
184KB, 1000x1000px
I'm thinking of buying this one.
I'm after a light weight tent, cause my backs screwed.
>>
Just sleep under a $5 tarp?
>>
Not op but I'm looking to get into camping. Especially wild camping and walking.

I've seen some ok size and weight "festival" tents that are only £30. Is there anything wrong with these? They're bigger than £100 tents
>>
>>725367
Until a storm comes
>>
>>725465
It's a fucking single wall tent. Don't you tarpfags try to pervert my beloved Tarpent.
>>
>>725512
Wild camping?
>>
>>725472
the Luxe Outdoor Mini Peak 2 is pretty much the same and about a third of the price.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjR4XOrZQrk
>>
I fucking love this board. The only prolific rivalry is between tarps and tents. 'Tarp fag' makes me laugh so much.

Anyway, am I right in thinking tarp fags use walking poles as 'tent' poles? Is there a guide on how to pitch a tarp using this method?

If a tent needs 2 layers to stop condensation getting you wet I'm assuming a tarp doesnt need this?
>>
>>725582
Can anyone list me the absolute basic gear needed to pitch a tarp in mild weather (uk)
>>
File: hammockfag.jpg (44KB, 403x333px) Image search: [Google]
hammockfag.jpg
44KB, 403x333px
>>725582
don't forget our primitive tree dwelling ancestors- the hammock fags.
>>
>>725586
where are you camping?
>>
>>725592
Most likely in a field on the edge of woods
>>
>>725597
what county?
>>
>>725610
Isle of Wight
>>
File: thumbs up.jpg (39KB, 428x288px) Image search: [Google]
thumbs up.jpg
39KB, 428x288px
>>725367
>itt: people with different desires and goals than you

ftfy
>>
>>725546
Camping not on a camping site. If you're walking you just camp wherever you are along your walk.
>>
>>725378
Being a dumbass, mostly. One of them I tore a big ass hole in it trying to pry up a stake. The other one I somehow managed to pitch over a sharp little stump and punctured a hole in the floor. Didn't notice until I woke up and all my shit was soaked. I realize I could prevent dumbassery like this, but I find my walmart tents to be just as comfortable and I don't worry about fucking them up
>>
Anyone have experience with Sierra Designs tents? I'm looking at the Lightning 2 FL or the Convert 3 to get the lady unit more out oriented.

Lightning 2
http://www.sierradesigns.com/product/lightning-2-fl

Convert 3:
http://www.sierradesigns.com/product/convert-3
>>
>>725698
So what you're essentially saying here is "Instead of learning from my mistakes like everyone else, I'll just keep fucking up but I'll just make it cheaper to do so"

Jesus fucking Christ how does a mong like you even operate a computer?
>>
File: zoom_Hoolie_2_ETC_Tent.jpg (30KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
zoom_Hoolie_2_ETC_Tent.jpg
30KB, 800x800px
Anyone know what the Terra Nova Hoolie 2 ETC is like?

Would like a tent with a porch area because I want it for cycle touring and I can keep my bike inside overnight.
>>
What's the difference between a cheap tent with only a single lining and an expensive tend which has a second "inner tent"?
>>
File: Vango_Banshee_200_02031419.jpg (645KB, 2957x1958px) Image search: [Google]
Vango_Banshee_200_02031419.jpg
645KB, 2957x1958px
I'm going to get myself one of these for when I tackle the Pennine way for 3 nights with a buddy, I've heard plenty of good things
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.