[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Disaster Preparedness (Fuck zombies edition)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 42

File: innawoods.jpg (150KB, 680x650px) Image search: [Google]
innawoods.jpg
150KB, 680x650px
Innawoods thread

Scenario:
State-sponsored Hackers target your country's internet access, taking down all related infrastructure along with it
-Financial system goes down (stock markets, ATMs, check cashing)
-Utilities become unreliable after 72 hours, increasing with time
-no telecommunications

The first 48 hours have passed quietly, but now people are starting to panic, due to lack of food, communication from the government and some fear of nuclear exchange

Have you made preperations and plan?

My plan is to hold out as long as I can in my apartment, using extra fuel for the campingstove and foods I have stored there.
If it's getting too sketchy in the city, I'll probably head to the bug-out location in the countryside by bike. It's about 11 miles which is no big deal for me. I can cover that distance in about 1,5-2 hours.
>>
>>724462
Every year storms kick the collective asses of the area I live in. 3 weeks per year without electric is common. Snow loads of 4+ feet happen every few years and during those times nothing moves for about 3-4 weeks while you are completely snowed in.

That's no land line phone, no cell phone reception, no electric, no water, no gasoline availability, no transportation (unless you have a snow mobile, horse, or farm tractor), no natural gas when it freezes off, and almost no social interaction with anyone outside your house with people you didn't get snowed in with. In summer, wind storms down trees across power lines. Same conditions, only instead of snow and -10F conditions, it is 102F, no AC during Dog Days for weeks on end, but at least you see more people who walk/bike/horse ride everywhere. When this happens, everyone has everyone elses' back. People make it a point to contact their neighbors to see if they are alright or need anything. Only reliable communications is HAM radio and CB radio.

I have enough food, on rotation at all times, to live about 3 months comfortable. I also have several gardens, orchard, farm pond, chickens, river, forest, fishing equipment, hunting equipment, trapping equipment. I have several forms of power generation and storage, though I don't need it. I do have ultra-low power requirement netbook and external HDD with plenty of entertainment and diy info on everything. I have brewing equipment for 200+ gallons of wine or beer and can distill if I feel the need. I can make a bio-methane digester easily and have done so in the past should I need methane and fertilizer. I have everything I need to fix electronics, PCBs, or make them. I have tools out the wazoo, electric and non-electric manual versions.

I also have a shit ton of knowledge and experience on just about everything and can easily trade and work to help people or whatever. I know every plant and animal in the entire area, what is edible and how to use it.
>>
>>724515
Sounds like an interesting place to live. Where is it?
>>
I'd bug out of my apartment and go home to my family. They would appreciate my help and they also have a lot of stuff we can use to survive. (weapons for self defense and hunting, fishing gear and boat + small garden for extra food, vehicles and a cabin for bug out).
In my apartment I have outdoor gear and backpacking food so I can bug out of the city on my own relatively comfortably.
>>
File: ss+(2016-03-28+at+11.19.47).jpg (283KB, 841x800px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-03-28+at+11.19.47).jpg
283KB, 841x800px
Would bug out to the country side to my families cabin. Some, but not many people. Everyone would be able to fend for themselves so no conflict.
>>
>>724515
>-10F conditions, it is 102F,
Where the fuck is that?
>>
File: result.jpg (156KB, 680x650px) Image search: [Google]
result.jpg
156KB, 680x650px
Rate me, this is all I have access to irl in the UK
>>
>>724673
Pretty good, might want a roll of Toilet Paper and waterfilter like the Sawyer Mini. They're pretty cheap.

>radio
Baofeng?
>>
>>724571
So you'd run home to get mommy & daddy to take care of you?
Holeeeee fucking sheeeeet!!!
>>
File: EDC.jpg (143KB, 680x650px) Image search: [Google]
EDC.jpg
143KB, 680x650px
Gonna busk my way through the apocalypse, see you boys on the other side of the Wonderwall
>>
>>724702
More like run home to take care of mommy & daddy.
They're not getting any younger to put it like that. And family is important, are you a fucking orphan or something?
>>
who the fuck panics after 2 days? a few years back big storm hit us and dumped close to 3 ft of snow, and most of the state was out of power for 2 weeks strait after4-5 days m town converted the highschool into a shelter ran the generators, broke into food supplies etc, the community really came together, people were out shoveling sidewalks so people could get to and from wherever was needed, people shoveled off the roof of the school, people giving eachother rides places for those who didnt have vehicles, or didnt have 4 wheel drive , local plow company were out plowing back roads for little to no pay all of that being said i normally have a backlog of pasta enough to last a few weeks, as well as canned food, and have 10-25 gallons of extra fuel, as well as 10 gallons of diesel to throw in the furnace if really needed, and i have a shitty old generator now if shit really hit the fan to the point people were raiding etc, instead of trying to defend my home i would probably bug out to 800 -1000 acres of town land that people rarely go to and keep quiet, fishing etc for food, or if really needed bug out to a friends farm with a bunch of other people to defend it
>>
File: result.jpg (151KB, 680x650px) Image search: [Google]
result.jpg
151KB, 680x650px
>>724462
I figure gasoline's getting pretty scarce so I'd ride downtown with my toolbox and set up a sidewalk bicycle repair shop. If the nukes hit I'd rather be partying at ground zero anyway.

>>724673
bin that knife m8
>>
>>724799
>being this retarded
People are accustomed to the idea that a large snowstorm or bad weather could take out power for many days. People don't panic because they know it's only local and they can expect order and power to be restored within time.

Regions with bad weather, the general population usually more prepared for bad stuff than places where nothing ever happens (where I live).

But if the outages etc. are caused by something else than the weather, that makes people very uncomfortable. They don't know when they can expect the normal situation to be restored, what the residual effects will be after restoration, and most importantly, they know it's something intentionally poking at their critical infrastructure for shit's and giggles.
Overall panic is easily achieved.
Maybe it's someone looking for a fight, maybe it's someone who then messes with nuclear power plants.

>>724817
Nice to get your tools stolen m8ey
>>
>>724799
I'm not saying the threat of nuclear war is even there, but people may percieve it that way.

Crazy stress or the thought of impending doom might make people go crazy and become very dangerous.
>>
>>724820
still pretty sure atleast (some) people would band together to keep some sort of peace, if shit really hit the fan i know quite a few people who would all go to a local farm ( 20 something acres of land and quite a bunch of animals) in the same area there are quite a few other farms aswell,
>>
>>724820
>>724828
plus i live in a relitivley white area while some people would raid etc, i feel like most of the community would keep(somewhat) level headed and deal with those raiding , i could be totally wrong though if things get bad enough theres 800 acres with my name on it that not alot of people woud think togo there
>>
>>724828
Ofcourse people always gather when times get tough. More power to them.

I surely as shit don't want to be anywhere near that farm or rely on it for survival
>who owns the farm
>do you think he/she/they will give it up to a bunch of innatowners
probably not

>who will 'rule' over the farm? that one guy with a gun, the town mayor, some other guy with some muscle
>he who rules the food, rules the people.
I don't buy into slavery thanks
>>
>>724841
a friend/employer of mine , he would be incharge but would certaily let the few people who work for him and a few of his close friends who work along side him stay there, he needs the extra hands along the farm to grow more food, and maintain the animals, plus if there were people raiding he would need the extra hands to defend the farm certainly not going to be able to defend 20 acres by ones self, also certainly not able to maintain it all alone, its a codependency, he needs people to maintain the farm, the people need the farm to maintain themselves , no one person rules because they need the other people to sur vive themselves
>>
>>724846
Sounds like a pretty good deal you got there.

I've got a Bug out location with a cabin and some farms around it. I hope I can finally get some preps done there soon and hope I can provide services and stuff to the farmers when my preps start to run out.
>>
File: mo24q.jpg (384KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mo24q.jpg
384KB, 1920x1080px
>>724820
>Nice to get your tools stolen
The bottom bracket tool makes a pretty good cudgel. So does a bike lock.
>>
SHTF threads are going strong on /out/ these days. we have like 5 of them going on.
>>
>>724551
Zone 5b, USA, Temperate Rain Forest.

The lowest I've seen in winter was -42F and the highest that I've ever seen was 108F ambient (115F in direct sun). The summer hangs in the 90Fs and 80%-90% humidity. Average lowest in winter is normally only -15F to -10F.
>>
>>
>>724673
Do you have a permit for that axe, peasant?
>>
>>724820
studies have shown that unless everything is totally fucked, people tend to work together to fix things. Unless the US government or economy completely collapses, the vast majority of people will continue to live their lives and help their neighbors. Once outside help runs out or is not coming though, all bets are off.
>>
>>724702
Found the test tube baby.
>>
File: loner's folly.jpg (113KB, 799x599px) Image search: [Google]
loner's folly.jpg
113KB, 799x599px
>>724702
>not combining forces with family and friends during a crisis
>>
File: MyKit.jpg (80KB, 671x596px) Image search: [Google]
MyKit.jpg
80KB, 671x596px
>>724462
Well this is everything I actually have in my small sling pack right now.
>>
No Mosin's? Come on guys
>>
I live in a 1 bedroom house along the woods, so I'd probably just stay put and when it's time I'd grab my bug out bag and take off into the woods. I know the area very well so I could navigate it easily.
>>
File: result.jpg (168KB, 680x650px) Image search: [Google]
result.jpg
168KB, 680x650px
>>725279
>>724817 here. It's only day 2, and I'm in Canada so I'd have to wait for society to break down a bit further before I can start running around with firearms. By that time I should have my still and my sideline business up and running so I can trade for one on the black market.
>>
File: stoof.jpg (158KB, 680x650px) Image search: [Google]
stoof.jpg
158KB, 680x650px
All things I own.
>>
>>725338
Pretty good
You won't be able to cook those potatoes on an alcohol stove, you'd have to cook them wayy too long.

Maybe some more proteins and less sugars?

>>725256
Actually owning shit +1
>>
>>724721
>no lighter

are you going to snort that tobacco, anon??
>>
>>724944
>Until someone invents the bullet throwing machine
>>
>>724462
Your plan is similar to mine; I've just begun my prepping though.

I'm currently attempting to get a month's worth of food and water. I currently have eight one-gallon jugs ( first purchase is $0.79 per jug, refills are $0.39 each at my local Festival Foods ) and drink about a third of a gallon a day. I know I should be drinking half. I'll soon be buying the three Mountain house "just in case" buckets which will give me 91 dehydrated meals requiring 61 cups of water. After that month I intend to get out into the wilderness; my plans ( specifically the food stock total ) is subject to change.

I'm also debating about buying a high-point carbine and "home security pack" ( http://www.hi-pointfirearms.com/Home-Security-Pack/default.html ) in .40S&W because their products are known to be reliable ( if you follow the manual ) and have a low cost paired with a lifetime warranty,
>>
>>725554
>refilling jugs
Sorry man the moment you break the seal bacterias could get in that you can't get out. You need to buy bottled water and only use it when it's necessary.
Cheap plastic jugs with soda or milk disintegrate in a few months and start leaking. Normally I'm strongly against buying bottled water, but for this purpose you can't really do anything else.

>mountain house
It's really great stuff but you could save a lot of money by buying and Long-term-storing your own food.

For the money a single MH bucket buys you a whole bunch of gallon sized mylar bags and the needed oxygen absorbers.
You can store 30 pounds of rice and 20 pounds of beans for 100 dollars.
That amount of cheap bulk foods will make your MH buckets last so much longer. By combining rice, beans and a bit of MH you'll be well-nourished long into anything the world can throw at you.

Mountain House ain't bad but fully relying on it is not the way you should go.
>>
>>725554
>I'm currently attempting to get a month's worth of food and water.
>I'll soon be buying the three Mountain house "just in case" buckets which will give me 91 dehydrated meals requiring 61 cups of water.

Make damn sure that the emergency food you are using is the same food you are eating from day to day as normal fare. Otherwise, you'll have a hard time during the transition when there's an actual emergency. That can be digestive upset, lack of experience in using said food properly (ultimately wasting it in the process), or merely finding out you really hate that shit. This also means you'll be rotating your food so nothing is very old when an emergency strikes.
>>
>>724462
>>724572
>>724673
>>724721

Where do you get these survival gear loadout graphics from, a video game?
>>
>>725538
kek'd
>>
>>725665
https://innawoods.net/

only working in IE for me right now, don't know why
>>
>>725574
>Cheap plastic jugs with soda or milk disintegrate in a few months and start leaking.

I have 2 Liter soda bottles refilled with water in a cool, dry location for use in flushing toilets when the water service is interrupted by weather/broken lines. Some of the bottles have been sitting used and reused over the course of 25 years, and very few if any have disintegrated or leaked.
>>
>>725683
Thanks!
>>
>>724799
That's a long sentence
>>
>>725580
Good point; I had forgotten about that. Prehaps I'll have one of them a day and rotate through the buckets, buying a new bucket when one runs empty. Thanks anon.
>>
>>725689
Soda bottles filled with tap water are fine for flushing water and things like that, they don't go bad. Not potable, however.

I'm talking about those flimsy gallon jugs
>>
File: innawoods.jpg (167KB, 680x650px) Image search: [Google]
innawoods.jpg
167KB, 680x650px
First time I've made one of these. Kept it to things I own.
>>
>>725760
9/10
>see that loadout
>>724268/
>>
>>725984
Yar, I've had a baofeng on an amazon wishlist for quite a while, just haven't gotten around to it yet. Thanks for the rate.
>>
>>725414
Yes.
>>
>>725411
I have more food, but there are no icons for it lol
>>
It's 3 days. If people are panicking about food, then let the obese faggots complain.
>>
What's the name of that software/game/website or whatever it is to make these game like inventory? I've seen them for a while now and have no idea what it is
>>
File: image.jpg (453KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
453KB, 2048x1536px
>>724462
A few grams of heroin. Take it slow the first day or two and just get all stoned to see how it's going. Then if everything reallt goes wrong and society is doomed (or I run out of cigs), just shoot it all up and see you goys on the other side.
>>
>>728495
I'm sorry to be that guy that doesn't read everything before asking. Inna woods.net, got it
>>
>>728500
anthony kiedis pls go
>>
>>725574
>Sorry man the moment you break the seal bacterias could get in that you can't get out.

Oh yes. That deadly bacteria floating around your house just waiting for some clean water to colonise and make poisonous.

Youre fucking retard
>>
>>724515
Sounds comfy desu anon.
>>
>>728500
Got some Dutch ecstacy tabs which I'll probably take with me when bugging out
>>
>>724462

considering society collapses regardless of the number of days

get bob, get in my HJ80, pack it fully, get my famirry, go to shop and either buy or raid food, fill up with gas, drive 40 min to my families country house innawoods, some parts of the house are still under construction so plenty of material, check for people in the houses around us, raid the ones with no one, cover the swimming pool use it as water tank and collector and use minimal chlorine for disinfecting it, forage, hunt, cultivate, raise livestock from nearby farms, 6 rottweilers so protection guaranteed (may have a food problem after a while), use water storage below the garden (not working anymore) as nuclear shelter reinforcing it with concrete and steel and packing dirt on top (not near any possible blast radius but radiation might get here)

any suggestions/improvements will be appreciated
>>
File: Current Kit.jpg (164KB, 680x650px) Image search: [Google]
Current Kit.jpg
164KB, 680x650px
>>724462
All gear represent what I have right now, this would be for a short excursion outside of my home shelter.

The M4 is a stand in for a 10.5 inch SBR and the water can is a stand in for a 3 litre camelbak.

I live in the outer suburbs of a major canadian city however my transportation is a low slung german sports sedan so I won't be able to get far if I have to go cross country.

My emergency preparedness plan only extends to natural disaster and civil unrest though, nuclear war/apocalyptic nonsense aren't something that I think about. Staying in allows me to access my stockpile of firearms, ammunition, food, water and various equipment as well as protecting my home and property.
>>
File: innawoods.jpg (161KB, 680x650px) Image search: [Google]
innawoods.jpg
161KB, 680x650px
My only plan is to go /out/ and wait to see how things are.
I'll probably die anyway.
>>
File: swefag.jpg (162KB, 680x650px) Image search: [Google]
swefag.jpg
162KB, 680x650px
Das it mane
>>
>>725414
Magnifying glass on his multi-tool. Can light a smoke during high noon with no clouds, then can light other smokes off that smoke.
>>
File: result.jpg (164KB, 680x650px) Image search: [Google]
result.jpg
164KB, 680x650px
>>
File: overthinking it.jpg (168KB, 680x650px) Image search: [Google]
overthinking it.jpg
168KB, 680x650px
>>724462
sounds like an earthquake I went through, although I don't see how the whole comms infra stays down - maybe it's emp, so we're down to merely steam and antique diesel tractors and cars to shift the copious amount of food this rural town produces

ps. the local civil defence chapter could always use more voluteers
>>
>>724673
>UK
>Knifes
>>
File: Untitled.png (655KB, 679x658px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
655KB, 679x658px
>>
>>730692
You would be surprised how many things would survive an EMP.

Also, most farming these days is heavily reliant on machines. Do your locals do it by hand or something?
>>
File: 1419129474570.jpg (101KB, 680x650px) Image search: [Google]
1419129474570.jpg
101KB, 680x650px
Surprised this isn't already posted.
>>
>>730885
Pretty good loadout desu senpai
>>
>>730885
B-Bobby?
Son I tell ya whut.
>>
File: first_prep_purchase.png (95KB, 868x628px) Image search: [Google]
first_prep_purchase.png
95KB, 868x628px
Can somebody tell me how I did? I've been lurking for a few months and finally have begun making small purchases in an attempt to start prepping and /out/ing. Pic related; pic does not tell you the UST kit comes with five wetfire.
>>
>>731037
I figured I'd post a close-up of each item I bought and a bit of what I want to do with them. The knife is self-explanatory: cut wood, food, etc.
>>
>>731037
>>731040
I figured, even though the kit is most likely cheap and the case won't be worth much I can use it to store things here at home. In the event the cases are more durable than I thought I'll find a use for them. I'm open to ideas but as of now they will most likely be storage containers.
>>
File: wetfire_12pack.png (233KB, 513x489px) Image search: [Google]
wetfire_12pack.png
233KB, 513x489px
>>731037
>>731040
>>731041
The last one is more of the wetfire from the UST case. I live in an area where we get lots of rain in the summer, lots of snow in winter and a bit of both in spring/fall so I figured these would be a good choice. I should have a total of 22 wetfire between this 12 pack and what comes in the ust cases.
>>
>>731044
Make your own instead

Take gasoline and Styrofoam (a lot of Styrofoam)
Cut a soda can in half, this will be where you make it
Pour a little gas into the can, you need less that you think 1 1/2dl +/- some depending on how much Styrofoam you have
Brake down your Styrofoam into little pieces and put it into the can and let it desolve into a goo
Repeat this process until you have a good amount of goo

This shit is extremely flammable so be careful and the smoke is pretty dank so just use a little and don't inhale it
>>
File: aw ye.jpg (142KB, 680x650px) Image search: [Google]
aw ye.jpg
142KB, 680x650px
>>724462
I have spent the last few years tracking down /out/ posters and recorded where they live and any info on thier bug out locations. I will just pack my notebook and roam around setting sleeping campers on fire.
>>
>>731218
my goodness
>>
>>731218
>>
File: sofab.jpg (154KB, 680x650px) Image search: [Google]
sofab.jpg
154KB, 680x650px
>>724462

I believe I could carry more stuff because I have my motorcycle that I can leave shit attached too.. but bare bones this is best I can do.
>>
>>731575
>50 pistol rounds, 20 rifle rounds
>no spare mags
>>
File: stalker mane.jpg (165KB, 680x650px) Image search: [Google]
stalker mane.jpg
165KB, 680x650px
>3rd world country edition
>>
File: maasai_sandals.jpg (522KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
maasai_sandals.jpg
522KB, 1600x1200px
>>730857
>You would be surprised how many things would survive an EMP.
>Also, most farming these days is heavily reliant on machines.

Did you mean to imply that farm machinery would or would not survive an emp?
I assume anything modern with IC's would fail.

>Do your locals do it by hand or something?

Fruit is picked and pruned by hand, yes. Cattle, sheep, pigs and deer are moved with motorbikes and dogs. Broadacre farming uses the tractors you're thinking of, but not all needs to be harvested for humans, a fair bit is break-fed to animals.
All the dairy cows fed foreign palm kernel are so much hamburger though.

If old diesel trucks and tractors survive it would be a race to harvest and transport as much as possible. I guess the surviving animals would be well fed.

There would be short-term shortages of supermarket produce, but I'm confident this region could feed itself once we got organised. I'm none too rustled.
>>
File: the fuck.jpg (50KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
the fuck.jpg
50KB, 640x480px
>>731090
>This shit is extremely flammable so be careful and the smoke is pretty dank so just use a little and don't inhale it

I'll take cotton balls and vaseline over bathtub naplam thx
>>
File: 1455261147641.png (220KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1455261147641.png
220KB, 499x499px
>>732936
>current year
>plebs not using bathtub napalm
>>
File: Slavlands Scavenger.jpg (146KB, 680x650px) Image search: [Google]
Slavlands Scavenger.jpg
146KB, 680x650px
Wouldn't bug out, so I would go around scavenging what I can find (including raiding nearby library).
>>
>>731675
>my rifle is clip fed anyway. no need for extra mags, even though I could carry mags, but they are extra weight.
>if I'm using more then a single 19 round mag in my pistol, I've got bigger issues to worry about than reloading.
>>
File: MidwestApocolypseGuy.jpg (174KB, 680x650px) Image search: [Google]
MidwestApocolypseGuy.jpg
174KB, 680x650px
Just a prairie dweller with a rifle, some common sense and a bag of necessities. Stays the heck away from the big city.
>>
Truth. Well put.
>>
>>725232
Truth. Well put. Made a whoopsie on the last attempt. Anyhow, if you have the ability to team up with others, especially relatives that you can trust, it is silly not to do so. Common sense, mane. :P
>>
File: Komrad.jpg (164KB, 680x650px) Image search: [Google]
Komrad.jpg
164KB, 680x650px
>>
File: innawoods.png (613KB, 654x639px) Image search: [Google]
innawoods.png
613KB, 654x639px
Everything I have access to in my house in the UK, it's pretty remote. Would wait there as long as possible, stash anything useful I can't carry so that I can return if I have to.

Then I'd head off into the moorland my house backs onto if the shitstorm gets alarmingly close. Then I know a few good spots I can pitch tent whilst being covered from the wind that gets pretty bad, best thing about the moors you can spot people coming a long distance off whilst remaining pretty much unseen in the right spots, plenty of sheep as well pretty much scattered across the entire area.
>>
File: The Event.jpg (156KB, 680x650px) Image search: [Google]
The Event.jpg
156KB, 680x650px
I'd probably get out the city as son as posible, as there's a lot of people there. I would take as many easy-to-carry food with me, along water and survival equipment.
I would also pick my gun and my knife with me, just in case.
My plan is to get to a place where water and food (in form of animals or something like that, I don't want to steal to other people if I can avoid it) is available, and settle there for and indetermined time until everything returns to normal conditions.

If that isn't posible, I would try to find some other people to make a settlement and live there.
>>
File: incomplete-prep.jpg (149KB, 680x650px) Image search: [Google]
incomplete-prep.jpg
149KB, 680x650px
Hey /out/

I'm just starting /out/ as a prepper and pic related is what I have or soon will have. I need help working on my build. What is in that pic is...

>>Pockets ( already EDC'd ):
>Cigarettes
>El Cheapo folding knife on keychain ( likely to be replaced with a Cold Steel AK-47 Folder )
>Lighter
>Wallet
>>Pouch (Already EDC'd ):
>Flint/Steel/Wetfire in a small air-tight case
>Multi-tool ( will soon own )
>Waterproof Bible
>>Large ALICE, inner pockets:
>Fishing/Sewing kit ( likely to have a multi-tool )
>Sleeping Bag/Tent
>>Large ALICE, outer pockets:
>Various cordage
>personal mess kit ( I should have placed that inside the pack, likely to have a small trauma kit or other medical kit )
>>Belt
>One 499 Air Force Survival Knife ( likely to be replaced with Cold Steel AK-47 Field Knife or a Schrade knife)
>One hatchet in belt sheath.
>>Ranged Weapon; Crossbow:
>One scope ( not pictured )
>One bayonet ( not pictured, hopefully not used in combat but more to be carried as an extra knife should I need one )

So /out/, rate me and teach me? I'm also gonna share this with /k/ and see what they think.
>>
if the world was genuinely destabilized to the point of global anarchy, id just fucking hang myself
>>
File: DontBeADefeatist.gif (3MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
DontBeADefeatist.gif
3MB, 480x360px
>>735549
K.
>>
File: selfheal N1.jpg (47KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
selfheal N1.jpg
47KB, 300x200px
ITT: Getting shot for poaching :3
>>
>>735889
Um, I beg your pardon?
>>
>>724462
why would the state hire hackers to take down its own infratructure?
>>
>>728500
why does that look so beautiful?
>>
File: prep-attempt-2.jpg (169KB, 680x650px) Image search: [Google]
prep-attempt-2.jpg
169KB, 680x650px
>>735543
Bumping, still waiting for an answer. I took a stab at it though and pic related is what I came up with.
>>
>>736325
Forgot to post what the layout actually is.

>> Belt:
> 449 AF Survival Knife
> Hatchet

>> ALICE, Large, Exterior pockets:
> Various cordage
> Small trauma/med kit & hygiene items
> Weatherproof notepad/Bible.

> ALICE, Large, Interior pockets:
> Waterproof bag containing an extra set of clothes & snowsuit.
> Sleeping bag
> Tent
> Two MRE ( for days I can't hunt or fish food )
> Slovenian Mess Kit ( canteen, utensils, cooking pan )

>> Pouch:
> One flint/steel
> One Multitool or SAK
> One small fishing/sewing kit.

>> Vest:
>Crossbow bolts in three lower pouches
>Main upper compartment has bionoculars, prescription goggles, one stainless steel flask ( back-up to boiling water if I lose the mess-kit pan ) and navigation tools.

>>On my person is...
>Folding knife attached to keys ( keys are in case I can ever go home; knife/keys are also part of my EDC )
>Lighter ( part of my EDC )
> Folding Shovel ( I'll likely attach it to the outside of the ALICE )
> Wallet ( some cash and proof of identity )

>> Ranged weapon; Crossbow:
> The crossbow itself
> Scope or sight to help aiming
> Bayonet attached not so much for combat use but as a removable spare knife.
>>
Thread posts: 105
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.