[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bow hunting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: rosdeer_1124c_760609a.jpg (2MB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
rosdeer_1124c_760609a.jpg
2MB, 3000x2000px
any type of bow hunting including crossbows, post your rig. what you hunt. tricks of the trade. whatever.

can't wait for everyone to get period cramps because there is already an archery thread.
>>
>>724417
That's a faggot bow. Recurve bows are much better.
>>
>>724425
post your recurve then bruz anything is welcome. even if its just a stick and string
>>
File: Topo.png (773KB, 648x509px) Image search: [Google]
Topo.png
773KB, 648x509px
>>724417
Friendly reminder to all to refrain from hunting with your bow until you are accurate and precise. Inhumane kills (or injury to animals) from unskilled/unprepared archers give us all a bad rep!

I hunt with a #40 recurve. I don't have the time or property to practice as much I'd like so I stick to Judo points and small game. Currently practicing 1-2 hours a week. Not nearly enough to hunt large game.

I'm thinking about trying wood cock and ruffed grouse this season since a hit pretty much anywhere with a Judo will do them in quickly. I've never bird hunted before. Any tips or advice? How important is camo/scent masking when bird hunting? Are there calls for grouse/woodcock or is the name of the game listening for them and tracking them down?
>>
>>724495
OP here. thanks for the reminder. it is always frustrating when unprepared hunters shoot targets for a week and then go to take on bears. Then shoot it in the foot.

recurve hunting sounds awesome, i shoot a 40 lb recurve and a 55lb compound. i wouldnt say one is better than the other, i think it depends entirely on what the shooter enjoys. After all if efficiency were the goal we'd all be shooting guns. We shoot bows for the fun.
>>
>>724417
What bow is that?
>>
File: DSC_0208.jpg (1MB, 3001x1994px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0208.jpg
1MB, 3001x1994px
>>726216
OP here desu i have no idea, it's just a stock image of some bow hunter.

Here's a picture of my 55lb Apex Blizzard
>>
To the recurve hunters here:
Why is it that you prefer recurve over compound?
Honestly curious, because I have scoliosis so I only use compound (less strain on my back than a recurve)
>>
because they are longer they hold more steadily. other than i that i just use my recurve when i feel like more of a challenge. my compound has a 5 pin sight, stabaliser, string silencers, leaf pad brush arrow rest, release aid, etc. my recurve has nothing. not even a sight. so i guess it's just something different. i wouldn't say one is better than the other.
>>
Poking animals with arrows is cruel and costly. i do like hitting targets with a recurve bow though.
>>
File: shithead.png (34KB, 238x232px) Image search: [Google]
shithead.png
34KB, 238x232px
>>726360
>>
>>726360
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmuIY4IZaNE
>>
>>727447
what's wrong with my bow?
>>
>>727362

No crueler than shooting them

Broadheads make large wounds that kill animals quickly if you hit the kill zone

Firearms do about the same job, except it's easier to hit the kill zone

Put a broadhead or bullet in the heart of a deer and it'll run about the same distance.
>>
>>724417

Older Samick Talon 50 pound recurve as primary

Easton Legacy 2117 shafts

150 or 200 grain large cutting broadheads of a narrow triangle or leaf shape (150s are narrower)

Heavy arrows, yeah, but they shoot clean through whatever I've hit

Deer

Tips? Get as close as you can. 10 yards is the best. Don't take a shot that you know you can't hit 99.99999% of the time.
>>
>>728112
Where's kill zone? Lungs?
>>
>>728122
generally just behind the the shoulder. where all of the vitals are. or through the head but if it's a deer you probably don't want to shoot it's head. the arrow won't pass through it's skull. smaller animals like rabbits. head shots are fine.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.