[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ECWCS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

Any of you lads own the Gen 3 ECWCS?

In what conditions have you worn it? Where did you cop it? Are the fleece jackets always shitty? I've heard the Rothco ones bald everywhere but I don't know if that's usual or just Rothco shit.
>>
>>723306
i have all those pictured with the exception of the last one issued from the army
>>
I wear them always when it cold. So comfy.
>>
>>723306
i had them all. i wore them from texas to afghanistan. the fleece that i got never balded and was pretty fucking awesome except that if you snagged it hard the stitching would tear. i went through 3 of them by blowing out stitching jumping out of stuff. but they never balded. i had to give all the goretex shit back but i still have the long johns and the puffy grey.
>>
The hoods are made to accommodate helmets, right? How do they fare with no helmet? Is it a problem or do they just cinch up fine?
>>
Everyone says Rothco is shit. Are any of them not shit? eg. Propper, Alpha Industries, Tru-spec etc.
>>
>>723978
Rothco and Condor are the only super shit ones I know, propper is top tier for sure. Condor does make some okay stuff tho
>>
I have them all right now (armyfag). I personally don't like wearing any cold weather gear besides a smoker's jacket, I can deal with rhe cold better than the heat. I've worn levels 1 and 2, and they work good for what they're made for. The ninja suit is okay for a chillier than usual day, and the waffle suit is pretty warm, but you overheat much quicker due to the material. Level 3 is for pogs (fags), and I've never used levels 4 or 5. The level 6 gortex top and bottom are excellent rain gear, but you'll heat up quick if you're not careful. The marshmallow suit is great for sub freezing temperatures, but is very cumbersome. I had all of this in Poland during the winter, and I've only used a smoker's jacket and the goretex. If you get this stuff, I can tell you levels 1, 2, 6, and 7 are all good cold and wet weather gear. However, never wear them during a heavy movement, or you WILL overheat fast.
>>
>>724182
Is this correct?
Level 1 is the ninja suit.
Level 2 is the waffle suit.
Level 7 is the marshmallow suit.
Level 3 is the smoker's jacket.
>>
File: 51hfeQcbpPL._UX342_.jpg (20KB, 342x263px) Image search: [Google]
51hfeQcbpPL._UX342_.jpg
20KB, 342x263px
>>724189
Level 3 is the fleece top. A smoker's jacket is a garment made out of the same material the army uses for poncho liners. You wear them under a regular jacket. They're extremely light, easy to pack, and are pretty cheap. You can find them on Amazon or a surplus store. Just look up M65 field jacket liner. They're very warm, yet breathe well, so you can wear them in a wide range of temperatures without freezing or overheating. If you do cold weather activities, they're a great investment.
>>
>>724201
I'm still confused. Is the smoker's jacket shown in OP's picture?
>>
>>723306

Bumping for interest. Do these come in non-camo colours?
>>
>>724292
The gen 2 parkas can be had easily in black, olive and coyote but gen 3 ones seem to only come in camo.
This is what my LIMITED googling suggests to me.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.