[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Survival guide

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: image.png (110KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
110KB, 1600x1200px
Im looking for a really good survival guide i can find on amazon any help is appreciated thanks
>>
>>718126
Depends where you live desu
Bear Grylls is pleb but it's always a good base to build on
The best you can do is watch him then go out and learn by experience
>>
>>718135
Ive been looking uo videos on jewtube about shelter building and i saw a book about it on amazon. I live in Washington state so a lot of forest and its almost always damp and wet.
>>
>>718135
Ive always kind of thought that bear grylls was like the meme of outdoorsmen
>>
>>718126

I like Ray Meares and Mors Kochanski, but I am a late fall and snowtime camper.
>>
Do you guys recommend any of the SAS survival books?
>>
>>718524
>SAS survival
No. Learn bushcraft instead. Fire making, shelter building and fishing without proper gear.

Learn how to boil water in a soda can. You can even make a fishing hook of the thing was used to open the can. Items that are made of plastic can be useful as a tinder, even a plastic pen or a cell phone.

>>718191
>Mors Kochanski
This, if you want a book, buy "Bushcraft".
>>
>>718191

+1 for Uncle Ray. He's great at explaining things and he has a good 'middle ground' mentality ie. he's not a fucking disaster prepper who drinks his own piss, he just teaches you how to do important things properly.
>>
>>718524
>>718560
There's nothing wrong with getting the SAS survival manual or US Army Survival Manual. They both have some interesting and potentially life-saving information written in them. They cover a really broad variety of situations and subjects so they don't really go all that in-depth into any one thing. The best thing would be to read through one and pick out which subjects would likely be useful for you and then do some more in-depth research into those subjects using other sources dedicated to them.
>>
Not reaaly what you're looking for, but the book, "the knowledge: how to rebuild our world from scratch" is a good read
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.