[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will I live?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: bakcpackinggear.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
bakcpackinggear.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
I'm planning on doing some solo backpacking for the first time in 2 weeks. Its only going to be 2 days and 1 night. Here is most of my gear. Tell me what you think and if I'm missing anything:
Packed down jacket, rain coat, deck of cards, waterproof matches and tinder, radio, paracord, binoculars, hat, first aide, moleskine notebook, watch, compass, eating utensil, hand warmers, cheap rain poncho, sunscreen, glow sticks, lighter, SAK, hand sanitizer, flashlight, ibuprofen..., tent stakes, fingerless gloves, bug spray, maglight, two bags of dehydrated food, pot.
Not Pictured: Light sleeping bag, tent, 2L water bladder, 1L water bottle, sleeping mat, sweatshirt, cellphone
>>
>2 days 1 night

if you have clothes you'll make it, everything else is extra
>>
>>718108
If you have rain jacket then why ponco?

Also what's the point of fingerless gloves?

And why that much paracord?

Also I would say you need almost none of what is most likely in that first aid kit.
>>
where is the mora?
>>
>>718108
Weigh your pack then cut the weight in half. You have way too many extras for two days and a night. Are you going without food or just foraging?
>>
>>718109
He could get hypothermia this time of year if he gets wet, so he needs a sheet of plastic too.
>>
>>718503
But....but there is a tent. And a rain jacket.
>>
>>718503

>He could get hypothermia this time of year if he gets wet

You can get hypothermia any time of the year...
>>
>>718108
Autism
>>
>>718108
Ditch the notebook and pencil. Get rid of the big flashlight and just keep the silver one. you bring water purification tablets so u dont have to carry 3L of water with you ffs. Bring more lighters and perferbaly a fire steel too. Ditch the outter plastic of the first aid kit and put it into a zip lock. Dunno whats in those green/brown bags but prob wont need it. U need more food. Fuck that shitty pocket knife thing and get a real knife. Also that pot is way too big.
Tl;dr more fire instruments, less flashlights, more food, less water if u can reliably refill your water bladder and treat with those aqua tabs.
>>
>>718108

Dude, don't listen to any of this autistic shit about dying or cutting down your weight. You're only going out for a short time so extra weight doesn't matter, and you have sufficient supplies that you won't die.

Just go out and you'll discover if there's anything you need but don't have, or have but don't need. Your supplies are basically good, it's just fine tuning from here.

>How many austists can dance on the head of a pin?
>Ask /out/
>>
>>718108
Like already said, more fire starting items and less paracord.

Keep the pen & paper and extra flashlight, they are invaluable if you get lost.

Consider a second, primary knife (Mora) and some extra clothing to keep you warm.
>>
>>718108
Looks like you've read all the threads and taken good notes and laid everything ot so nicely. So no you probably won't die BUT you have way to much and since you're asking here then you really don't know what you need so yes, you probably will die.
>>
>>718639
>Ditch the notebook and pencil
DO NOT listen to this. I go no where without notes.
EVER.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.