[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/out/ in Estonia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

So me and a friend are heading to Estonia to work on a farm for a few months near the Russian border. We get the weekends to ourselves and were wondering what we can get up to in this exotic land, any ideas?
>>
Go to a metsatoll show
>>
But why
>>
>>717389
Because England and real jobs are shit and boring?
>>
>>717323
>asking american knife collectors questions about estonia
Why? They can't even point Afeghanistan on a map.
>>
Just be yourselves.
>>
>>717506
who the fuck would want to point at afghanistan anyway
>>
>>717506
Mate, they can't even point fucking Canada on a map.
You're only hope is to find Europeans here. I am, but never been there though. Wish I could! You should Google informations about national parks, fishing rules, major hiking ways and stuff like that
>>
File: desceased.jpg (38KB, 540x438px) Image search: [Google]
desceased.jpg
38KB, 540x438px
>>717511
Citzens of a nation that spent more than 4.4 Trilion dollarinos on it? I can't even imagine what burocratic chitonic creature the Defense Logistic Agency is to make the stupid decisions they did in "Re-building" it. I bet you also think they are arabs and that pashtuns speak arabic.
>>717521
I'm a dirty sudaca anon-chan.
>>
File: Rummu-Karjäär-5-1024x683.jpg (185KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
Rummu-Karjäär-5-1024x683.jpg
185KB, 1024x683px
>>717323
I´m planning to go to the Rummu quarry this summer. It isn´t far from the Russian border either. It´s like a small lake and you can dive in the ruins and jump from two storey buildings.
>>
>>717656
That looks pretty cool, we're right down in the south east so might not be able to make it there though.
>>
File: eestijarv.jpg (69KB, 630x474px) Image search: [Google]
eestijarv.jpg
69KB, 630x474px
>>717669
Võrumaa is my favorite. If you´re there then you should visit Suur Munamägi, Vällamägi and lake Rõuge. These places are all just a few kilometers from eachother. If you´re willing to travel more then I recommend Piusa sandcaves and Otepää.
>>
>>717323
Lithsc/out/ here, the systems around here we use is either you search for a patch of forest near you, or look for info/locations on national parks/reserves and also specific trails. The info should be easily available.
>>
File: IMG_1989.jpg (4MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1989.jpg
4MB, 2448x3264px
>>717323
I went to Estonia last summer for a study abroad on the Russian border, at University of Tartu Narva College and will do the same thing this summer.
Everybody in Narva and the area surrounding the city either identify as Russians or speak Russian, so be expected to use a lot of gestures if you don't speak Russian.

Narva isn't a bad town to visit; the castle is fun, there are festivals there, and the city has a complex bastion network that aren't officially open; i.e. they are hobo dens and fun to urbex.

There are tons of battlefields from WWII in the area, and the guides that work them love their jobs and most speak english. They are a lot of fun to hike about, and are pretty big (could take a whole day to see all the soviet and estonian monuments). Pic related, a german bunker.

If you're thinking more /out/ stuff like camping, I can't tell you as much about that, I made friends with a lot of people and they took me hiking a lot, so I don't really know how good people are with just hiking on their land, but if you're in the north, catch a bus to Lahemaa National Park, or to Karula National Park if you're in the south.
>>
>>717611
none of that shit matters or has any impact on my life, whole world is a puppet government i just wish we'd get rid of all the christians and islamists already. they do nothing but hold mankind back.
>>
>>717700
Just to clarify de-railement, it's your tax money, your people that got killed there, your money used to build tunnels for Bin Laden etc.. And it's where 90% of the world heroine comes from. It's surprising how americans lack understanding of things they or their government are involved in even though it's common knowledge on the rest of the planet. No reason for hate tough.
>>717656
That looks cool.
>>
>>717718
you dumb faggot, i just said none of that shit matters and i don't give a fuck. none of that impacts my life in any way.
>>
File: P1163689.jpg (59KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
P1163689.jpg
59KB, 700x525px
>>717323
Where exactly are you going to work? Will you have any transport, like a car or even bicycles? If not, you will have to rely on public transport. Some useful links to check bus/train times:
peatus ee/#route_search/eng
tpilet ee/en
elron ee/en/

In east, close to the Russian border, is Peipsi lake, so if you're into fishing or just boat trips you might want to look for boat rentals and stuff there. I'm sure if you ask from the people at the farm you'll be working at about where to go and what to see, they'll give you good advice about the nearest places too.
To find hiking trails, campfire sites etc: loodusegakoos ee/where-to-go/search-options
This app might also come in handy: rmk ee/organisation/rmk-mobile-app

I personally would recommend visiting the islands in the western part of estonia, at least if you happen to be here in the summer.
>>
>>718008
We're going to Koidula, Polva County, we won't have a car but may be able to get a couple of bikes and we both enjoy hiking as well so walking places isn't too much of an issue for us.
>>
>>718430
Because it's when we could go to work on this farm, which sort of justifies the decision on a financial level.

Why is it not a good idea in summer?
>>
>>718379
Is your friend from Estonia?
>>
>>718435
No we're both from the UK
>>
>>718450
How did you find the farm?
>>
>>718450
Yeah, how did you get into this and how much are you getting paid? I'm from the UK as well, and learning Russian and have always wanted to go to Estonia, so this seems pretty cool.
>>
>>718455
>>718469
We found the farm on HelpX.co.uk where we get bed and board in return for helping out. We are both TEFL qualified so will be making our 'beer money' from teaching a little English on the side.
>>
>>718477
Thanks for the info. Something to look into in the future.
>>
>>718487
We're thinking it will be a laugh, and better than the grind of boring office jobs so why not.
>>
>>717656
That looks awesome, may just have to get on down to Estonia for that alone.
>>
>>717336
folk metal confirmed for most /out/ genre
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.