[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unnamed prospect near Charleston Peak

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0235.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0235.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Recently, I've been running into a certain abandoned prospect while coming down from a regular hike up the southeast side of The Sisters, a mountain right next to Charleston Peak near Las Vegas. It's marked on the USGS map I own of Charleston Peak, but it's not registered on any of the state mine lists that I could get my hands on.

The place itself consists of a run-down shack (marked "Prospect" on the map) and two tunnels (both marked "Tunnel" on the map); the first is just north of the shack and the second, which I have not seen myself as of yet, is further northeast of the first. The shack itself seems to be untouched by people since it's abandonment, the door and window being pretty intact and with a full shelf. The tunnel that I've seen also has minecart tracks leading into it, so I'm assuming that it must have been somewhat productive.

I'm planning on visiting again this week to investigate the shack and see if there is anything in there that could give away the owners or name of the mine.

What I'm wondering is why it would be registered as a mine with the state. It's on federal park lands, so wouldn't it be illegal to just start digging? Even if they were found out and the mine closed, wouldn't there be at least a little information on it that the state would have?

Pic somewhat related, it's the second rock I stop at while going up the mountain. The prospect is about a mile to the left.
>>
Don't know why the image flipped, sorry.
>>
>>716670
Post pics of dat smexy post-industrial American structure bby
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.