[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Arc'teryx Fortrez

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

Hey /out/ I was about to buy pic related with my dividend. What do you think? Any experience with it? Anything better that you would recommend? I like the polar fleece, and the neck gaiter.
>>
>>716078

The brand is overpriced and hit or miss.

I recommend a local brand if you know any.
>>
>>716091 gotta agree with this guy their shit is so overpriced , I've never used any of it so I can't really speak to their quality but my god unless you just like to burn money shop somewhere else
>>
>>716078
>Arc'teryx

Decent stuff, WAY over priced at retail, wait for 40% off or more sales for that brand.

Other brands that compare well Outdoor research, REI, Cloudveil, Exoficcio, even sometimes black Diamond (still a little over priced, )
>>
>>716078
Also, I am a volunteer SAR in my county in the NW. Nobody wears arc'teryx, for one, that are too expensive (they are too snobby to give us even a little discount), if the ever fall apart, fuck you arc'teryx doesn't have to replace it (OR and BD will) Their stuff isn't good enough for real rugged use.
>>
File: 1458276736997.gif (2MB, 300x315px) Image search: [Google]
1458276736997.gif
2MB, 300x315px
>$200 dividend
>mfw

nigga you shop at rei too much. you know you can save way more than you get back if you do a little research?
>>
File: Fatality.gif (2MB, 365x330px) Image search: [Google]
Fatality.gif
2MB, 365x330px
>>716078
I don't particularly care for their fleece jackets. When I think of fleece, I think of something like a The North Face Denali. The Arc'Teryx fleece jackets are a bit on the stiff side, which doesn't fit my personal taste. If you're going to go that stiff with a fleece jacket, then consider one that is DWR coated so it can double as a modestly cold weather Spring time stand alone.

>>716242
>I agree
>Their shit is over priced
>Never bought or used any of it
mmkay. Opinion discarded.

When will you people learn that you're not buying the jacket, but you're buying the R&D, the lifetime no-questions-asked warranty and if you buy directly from them, the 'free' shipping. It all comes with a price. This goes for any high end clothing/equipment maker or premium retailer.

Of course, with the sheer amount of retailers out there, you have to be pants-on-head retarded to pay full retail for anything. There is just no point unless you have massive hard on and need the item that day. You go to REI, try the bitch on, then order it online for 40% off (or more for last season/prior colors).

I have something like 10 items or so that are Arc'Teryx and I bought it all on sale. Most recent acquisition was a Thorium SV vest- at 40% off. OP, use that dividend for something that rarely goes on sale, and buy the jacket at a discount somewhere else.
>>
neck gaiter thing is dumb, limits the usefulness of the garment. fashion while /out/ is dumb wear a stand alone neck gaiter or bandana or baraclava so its not sewed into your jacket when you don't want it.
>>
>>716302

I think they have really good stuff like some jackets and gloves.

Their LEAF line (the military stuff) is excellent, but expensive. Particularly the kneepads (the best in the market) and gloves.

I dont like the brand because they are too elitist and feel like they're the best or something. They're not. For example their 80$ thermal shirts are shit and smell like shit after use, and it doesnt go away. That's why they're hit or miss.

Recently I have discovered a local brand that makes outdoors clothing and they're like half the price of your average foreigner brand, and honestly, they're just as good.

That's why I thoroughly recommend you support small brands and local people if you find it.

Gotta give credit to their logo though. Maybe the best logo in any outdoors brand.
>>
>>716302
Same, I own a lot of arc'teryx but I'd be damned before I or anyone else actually wore it at work (backcountry ranger). Its not meant for hard use, its light and fast type gear, ie backpacking/mountaineering/climbing.
>>
>>716329
>with this guy their shit is so over
>tfw only spent ~$40 at rei last year
>tfw ~$250 of the dividends came from using an REI credit card
>tfw at REI the other day and saw a /fa/ lady with >$1500 dividend at the store.
>>
Threads like these bring out the two types of people you get on this board...

>Those that can afford arcteryx
>Those that are salty about it

If you can't afford arcteryx gear you should stick to giving your thoughts on The Poor Face
>>
>>716329
THISSSSSSSS!

>REI member since back in the day
>Before everything in the store was meme-tier "hey lets see how much I can spend on a coat for no reason" stuff
>used to get excited about my dividend
>get dividend email a couple days ago
>2 dollars
>sad, then realize I'm not wasting money at REI
itsallgood.jpeg
>>
>>716091
They are local to me. And ill be getting a pro deal with them soon :) 700$ jacket here I come.
>>
>>716835
The only respectable North Face stuff is Summit Series. At least here, the equipment is developed by the core company in spite of the brand being bought out by a textile-sucking conglomerate. Summit Series is still very good quality with a lifetime warranty.
>>
>>716530
What does a backcountry ranger use then?
>>
>>716835
i have plenty of arc'tyrex stuff, i still think it's dumb to pay $200 for a polartec fleece when you can get one without a dumb neck gaiter for $20 without the branding
$10 uniqlo shirts unironically nicer than $80 arctyrex dead bird tee shirts
etc

they make some really good products too. especially if you're looking for casual looking techwear.
>>
>>717265
>>717265
>they make some really good products too. especially if you're looking for casual looking techwear.

Hahahahhahaa, arc'terx in a nutshell!
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.