[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cleaning parks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_20160316_151338997.jpg (4MB, 4320x2432px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160316_151338997.jpg
4MB, 4320x2432px
Just picked up a trash bag ful of bottles, fishermen bait containers, etc at one of my local parks.

Plan on doing it again on the other side if the bank.

Why aren't you volunteering to make your park better? Its like taking a hike but worthwhile
>>
>>714809
because i have a job
>>
>>714817
I'm afraid you don't understand what volunteering means
To be clear im not selling the trash afterwards, it'll be better to drive around looking for junk in dumpsters to scrap for a few bucks if I wanted to do that.
>>
>>714821
you should try that out then. It pays more.
>>
>>714823
I'd prefer cleaning up a park for 2 hours than driving around looking for junk to just make a few bucks when I can make more at my job. Parks are more important than making a towns waste management system a bit easier.
>>
Because National Parks are for faggots.
>>
>>714839
So it's not worth picking up litter just cause it's more accessible than a national forest?
>>
>>714809
OP, how did you get involved with this? Is there a website or something?
>>
>>714862
I bet there is but I just jumped right into it. I got triggered when I saw a plastic bag just hanging from a tree when I drove by the park and decided thats what id be doing for the afternoon.

If you need any tips just go get a few trash bags and do a normal hike.
Thorns are going to rip your bag a bit so double bag.
You're going off trail a bit so mind ticks and shit
Bring a hard container for broken glass, keep that container inside your trash bag for less things to carry. If not just put any glass you find in a container that you find around.
Perhaps bring a stick so you can reach stuff such as a bag up in a tree.
Dont look like you're disposing of a body in a trash bag and confuse people.

It depends what park it is I guess, but you can easily find a bag full of stuff like pic related in 2 hours
>>
>>714809
What a bunch of fucking faggots in this thread so far, sorry OP. I just took a trip recently to a remote campsite with boat access and I was surprised how many beer bottles and shit were left around.

A: I figured people who were camping at a remote site would have more respect and appreciation for the environment... Otherwise why would they be at a remote site and

B: how did they even manage to get this much alcohol here and why not just pack it out if it was heavier on the way in

Anyway props to you for doing that I hate seeing garbage out in nature, maybe I'll bring a garbage bag and clean up a little bit next time
>>
>>714872
>>714809
Methamphetamine will make you do some crazy shit...

At least OP is doing something productive while he is tweakin.
>>
File: ha.jpg (44KB, 446x400px) Image search: [Google]
ha.jpg
44KB, 446x400px
>>714839
>Because National Parks are for faggots.
>>
Yeah OP I always have a trash bag. I don't go out specifically to pick up trash but if theres shit lying about I'll pack it out.

It's not so bad in the countryside but some of our country parks are fuckin filthy - have come away after a day hike with 2-3 FULL bin bags..
>>
File: 1454804653952.gif (1MB, 236x161px) Image search: [Google]
1454804653952.gif
1MB, 236x161px
>>714809
I've done that before. 3 trashbags later I decided not to do it again simply because on the way back on the trail someone had already tossed out more trash (McDonald's bag and candy bar wrappers.)

MFW
>>
>op talks about picking up trash at local parks
>>714839
>spergs out about national parks
Do you even read the thread or do you just post your hate for national parks in any thread that mentions parks?

What happened to you that makes you hate National Parks so much?
Was the parking lot too crowded?
Did German tourists laugh at your milsurp gear?
Did a ranger stop you from batoning a bristle cone pine?
>>
>>714933
Don't get discouraged, you're doing this to keep stuff clean, not to clean up and be done. Its a continuous effort that matters. Some people will notice and some people will even change their view on littering
>>
>>714839
I agree. If you go to a place where there's a shitload of people, you deserve to touch some garbage.
>>
>>715038
I'm no complainer about human trash lying around, but that doesn't mean it's a stupid thing to clean up after others. Cleaning is cleaning no matter where you are its not a bad idea
>>
>>714998
>some people will even change their view on littering

>See? It's ok for me to litter cause some one else will pick it up.

Still, no sense letting tards dictate your behavior. Good for you OP. I'm glad my local forest is pretty litter-free.
>>
>>714839
>i got raped by yellowstone
>>
File: large.jpg (35KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
35KB, 500x333px
>>714830
>he cleans parks
Good for him
>hes pretentious about it and looks down on those who dont
Yeah nah youre just another poofter aye

Just because youre a NEET virgin who is too afraid to go /out/ and insists on picking up rubbish and bragging about it on a japanese image board. Doesnt mean we want to do the same. Now get back to shitposting about knives and making threads on how the Jetboil is a worthwhile investment.
>>
>>714809
dog poop... it' absurd. The town puts bags at the trailheads and the dipshits that pick up their dog's poop just toss it into trees, or leave it on the trail in the bag, or drop it at the post of the bag dispenser on the ground. I suppose I should be glad those people actually bothered to pick it up. 90% don't even do that. F*ing dog owners are the most obnoxious people I know.
>>
>>715205
>>hes pretentious about it and looks down on those who dont
I dont, i look down at people who litter but it's fine if you dont want to clean up random litter. In fact it's probably better not to worry about it and not be picky like me.

Dont understand what triggered you so much, you read the thread at all or just like posting memes at first chance?
>>
>>714998
No, I stopped going to parks and started going to national forests. The kind with 10+ mile long trails and stuff. The type of person who goes to a park is more likely to litter than those who hike 10+ miles on a wilderness trail.
>>
File: 1231.jpg (52KB, 450x538px) Image search: [Google]
1231.jpg
52KB, 450x538px
>>715205
>he doesn't clean parks
>and he's pretentious about it
>has nothing but hate
>still posts ITT for some reason

So, this is the mythical "trolling" I've been hearing so much about from the late 2010s.
>>
>>714809
I really think you are doing a good thing here
Keep up the good work, we need more people like you in around the world
>>
>>714998
>>714933
the sole way for people ot learn is that they see for themselves their misery. stop picking the trash and they will seethe trash sooner or later.

what you do is delay their awakening.
>>
>>714809

*fist bump*

I used to work as a park ranger for our soon to be defunded national parks. I lead hikes many times a week and would always bring a bag to pick up crap you would find on the trail, now its just a habit I do when out and about. It was a great way to get kids to help out too, they love pretending to be a flathat and its satisfying to encourage kids to clean up their shit.

Hell, I pick up litter and throw it away when I see it on the street. Plastic bags? Wrappers? Soda bottles? Fucking niggers, the trash can is right there! This is why the hood is shit, because you make it shit.
>>
>>714823
you are so fucking stupid.
>>
>>715187
it was probably a bloody mess
>>
>>714809
Because even if 1/2 the white people start doing this we wont compete with the trash volume left by the turd worlders. How about you instead of picking it up you force the spics to clean up after themselves?
>>
>>715773
pretty sure the hood isn't shit because of candybar wrappers but yeah sure
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.