[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Arizona Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: Flag_of_Arizona.svg.png (8KB, 250x167px) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_Arizona.svg.png
8KB, 250x167px
How are the /out/s in Arizona?

I am thinking about moving there in 11 months.
Specifically moving to the Phoenix area to go to school.
I want to live in Arizona for the gun rights, the weather, and the deserts.

I have been to Arizona once in my life, and I was 10, and went to Scottsdale. So I have no idea how the state is geographically.

If I am in Downtown Phoenix, how far would I be from sweet sweet desert area to fuck around in? Less than an hour drive? More?
In my head I kind of picture just walking into my backyard and being in the middle of nowhere. I highly, HIGHLY doubt it would be like that in Phoenix, though.

Any good outdoor shit to do you guys could recommend? Any particular state or national parks to visit?
>>
Anything /out/ in Phoenix is covered in trash and bullet holes, the place is an absolute shit hole. Flagstaff on the other hand has some great outdoors.
>>
>>713346
that's depressing. Are there any good shooting spots out there? I won't live in that area long, just long enough to finish school. If I could just shoot out there for a year I wouldn't mind so much.
>>
File: feel stupid.jpg (50KB, 600x508px) Image search: [Google]
feel stupid.jpg
50KB, 600x508px
>>713346
Phoenix does suck. Flagstaff is very expensive, shitty jobs but the outdoors is pretty rad. Great hiking, biking, camping VERY close and easy to access from town. People are shitheads, drive like they're blind and are generally kind of stupid...especially the rednecks. Lots of over educated poorly employed people. We call it 'poverty with a view'. Oh yeah, the city council is all business owners that only vote for what will benefit them. Other than that it's not bad. I've lived here 30+ years and I'm more than ready to GTFO.
>>
File: turd.jpg (35KB, 400x302px) Image search: [Google]
turd.jpg
35KB, 400x302px
>>713331
Try Tucson. Nice mountains, nicer desert than Phoenix and lots of beaners to shoot at.
>>
OP here.
I'm kind of confused. Is Phoenix just shit because of the fucked outdoors? Or is it just generally a bad place? Almost everything I've read online says its one of the best places to live and work in the US.
In my own research I've found they have a relatively high unemployment rate, but seem to need a lot people in the field I want to go into (HVAC).
I assume since its a major metropolitan area its got the same downsides as any major city.
I'm moving there from about 15 minutes away from Seattle, WA, which is a shithole in its own right, but has great outdoors an hour away.

The school I want is in Phoenix, and it wouldn't be permanent, but is it really that bad?
>>
>>713352
So you plan to contribute to the bullet hole problem?
>>
>>713372
I have $3,000 worth of steel targets I set up and shoot. I wouldn't be putting holes in anything, and I reload my brass, so I wouldn't even contribute to the littering.
Not all firearms enthusiasts are shitheads.
>>
>>713354
trump>shillary
>>
I've lived in Phoenix for 23 years (since birth lol), and I have to say it's a fairly shitty city. It's incredibly spread-out, there is very little culture or city identity, and the 9-month summers get old REALLY fast. Plus, the entire city is inhabited by very weak people. Phoenix is basically the Florida of the west, so tons and tons of weak old people move here, as well as weak people in general who can't handle the cold of the north or have weak health and move here for the aridity. Oh, and lots and lots of retarded Mexicans who don't speak English.

As for the heat, it honestly wouldn't be that bad if not for the heat-island effect from all the concrete. In June and July out in the desert, it gets to about 110 during the day, but drops to below 60 at night. In the city, however, it gets to 115 and drops to 95.

So in short, I would not recommend moving to Phoenix, or anywhere in the Valley of the Sun. Northern and Eastern Arizona are beautiful, and if you're coming here for school, definitely go to NAU in Flagstaff. You can always drive a couple hours down to Phoenix and experience the unique Sonoran atmosphere, without having to deal with it.

>Any good outdoor shit to do you guys could recommend?
Arizona's hiking and camping game is ridiculous, considering most of the state's population lives in Phoenix and Tucson. With sparse civilization, you can practically hike or camp anywhere outside where you live. The entire state is basically an outdoor playground, not counting the Valley.

>Any particular state or national parks to visit?
All of them. We also have tons and tons of designated wilderness areas. The White and Superstition mountain ranges are my favorite.
>>
I'm self employed and can live pretty much anywhere? Where should I go to for the best hunting and trout fishing?
>>
Az's fishing game isnt very good desu. However you can camp, hike, prospect, amd explore year round here. Phoenix isnt too bad desu. The high desert north of Phoenix and around tuscon are incredibly beautiful and rugged, driving north from Phoenix takes you through a ton of different landscapes. I love it here, I own a bit of land in this state because theres no where else I would rather be.
>>
There's endless desert to fuck around in, the problem is that its too hot most of the year to fuck around in it. Some people from really cold places love it here, because they've dealt with winter their whole lives. There's countless camping, hiking, hunting etc. Activities in AZ..so it's a toss up
>>
File: 1436645042622.gif (2MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1436645042622.gif
2MB, 200x200px
>>713331

I went hiking last week at Arizona Hot Springs by Hoover Dam. It was fun.

I live in Nevada, fuck yea AZ.
>>
>>713671
Oh, it isn't? White Mountains have plenty of trout streams, and community ponds have fat grass carp and warmwater species. I fish year round successfully and live in Tucson. Honestly better fisheries management than a lot of states. I lived most of my life in the PNW and moved here from Washington, their fisheries are shite.
>>
>>714342
OP here, I too am moving from Washington State.
How was adjusting to life down there? Is it pretty shit adjusting to the heat?
I'd probably only move to Phoenix for as long as it took to finish school and then move elsewhere in the state.
>>
File: Alaknak.jpg (639KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Alaknak.jpg
639KB, 960x720px
>>713331
>If I am in Downtown Phoenix, how far would I be from sweet sweet desert area to fuck around in? Less than an hour drive? More?
>In my head I kind of picture just walking into my backyard and being in the middle of nowhere. I highly, HIGHLY doubt it would be like that in Phoenix, though.
>Any good outdoor shit to do you guys could recommend? Any particular state or national parks to visit?
Go to the Mogollon Rim, Its GOAT up there., 7500ft, you can camp anywhere, mountain lakes. Opens in April.
>>
File: 20150525_121031.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20150525_121031.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
>>713331
Another view from the Mogollon Rim.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.