[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was thinking of extending pupper hiking range to include a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 187
Thread images: 18

I was thinking of extending pupper hiking range to include a night outside. Is there something I need to know before dog's first camping?
>>
>>694556
nah just wing it
>>
does you dog listen to commands? like instantly?
does he roam? where is he going to sleep, inside the tent with you? what about the zipper? under a tarp? how cold is it going to get?

and most of all. have fun
>>
>>694556
How are you going to package and remove his poo from the forest?

Don't be the fucktard that spreads disease through his animal's shit
>>
>>694576
This is really important op , depending on where you are going you may need him back to straight away
Where I am from if a farmer sees a dog that he thinks is roaming alone he will shoot it , at times as well have had to call my dog back from dangers like bog or quicksand , you want him paying attention to you and coming to heel straight away
>>694628 I bury my fellas , am I being a dick? In urban areas I scoop but innawoods I bury it
>>
remember he doesn't have boots to protect his paws from the ground.

If you are hiking over abrasive rock, his feet will get sore. If you are hiking over dirt and pine needles, his paws will be fine.

Also, if you are climbing any rock face as part of your trail, your dog cant cover it. This includes large treefalls, etc.

My dog sleeps fine in the tent with me, but when it is windy, she doesn't like the tent moving in the wind. She is up half the night on windy nights, and consequently, that means I am up half the night.
>>
Thanks for the input. She is well trained.

>>694657
didn't think about the abrasive rock, I'll set a decent route.

>>694628
Is poop-burial problematic?
>>
>>694718
yes, and being off leash is as well. I don't care how friendly or nice your doge is, if it comes at me in the woods or on a trail I will dose its face with pepper spray. It sits on my belt and I'm very comfortable using it.

If your pooch is on a leash I will praise you.
>>
>>694846
You are a dick. If you cant tell the difference between a friendly approach and an aggressive approach by a dog, you dont have enough se nse to take care of yourself.
>>
>>694628
Fuck this guy who cares

Diseases are for pussies
>>
>>694846
holocaust yourself
>>
>>694885
Leash your doge a-hole.
80+% of people do. The ones that don't feel they are above the law. You must be one of those.
>>
>>694960
entitled a-hole, muh doge won't hurt you, ooooops, sorry, he never does that. What, muh insurance, uh, uh. uh ...
>>
>>694556
you need to be sure to keep him from getting roudy. A good dick sucking should help with that
>>
>>694968
Leave it to niggers like this guy to ruin the outdoors with
>muh things I don't like
If someone pepper sprayed my dog I'd knock them out and leave them in the bushes to wake up.
>>
>>694978
You'll wish you hadn't tried. You may be tough, I'm trained.
>>
>>694998
and edgy too
>>
>>694961
Shut the fuck up. You pepperspray my dog, I pepperspray then beat you. Dogs don't need to be on a leash innawoods, if you don't like dogs stay home. I hope for fucks sake your a troll neckbeard who doesn't actually go outside anyway.
>>
>>694998
>trained
>>
>>695007
shitheel detected. keep your damn dog on a leash. it doesn't belong in the outdoors anyway. goddamned invasive species fucking everything up. I laugh my ass whenever I hear about some shit bird's dog getting eaten by a gator around here because muh precious can't be leashed. get fucked.
>>
>>694968
Your scared of dogs, we get it. It's OK but you need to stop being a pussy and get over it. They really won't hurt you.
>>
>>694846
Pepper spray my dog and I'm gonna shove that can down your throat.
>>
>>694968
>>694885
I checked utilities and from 12months (3summers) and I only met 2 dogs I didn't like
>also you're an asshole if you have a trained attack dog and no signs
>>
>>694846
>I will dose its face with pepper spray
so what's your sanic's name?
>>
>>694556
Make sure your dog is up to date on it's shots.
>>
>>694846
Honestly if an autist like you pepper sprayed my dog innawoods id bury the cunt.
Your life must be fucking shit you ptsd child abuse victim. Your uncles cock cant get you any more its ok. You have pepper spray, you're free now.
>>
>>694846
I'd fucking kill you if you pepper sprayed my dog like that .If a dog attacks you, fine, defend yourself, but if you fucking spray dogs for no reason, get ready to have that pepper spray can shoved so far up your arse that you'll taste it.
>>
>>694628
Dogs are generally vaccinated yo.
>>
>>695244
Kek
>>
>>694846
So you're more afraid of a goofy happy dog bounding up to you, than getting shot in the face by someone whose dog you just pepper-sprayed for no reason. MAKES PERFECT SENSE.

>>694885
>If you cant tell the difference between a friendly approach and an aggressive approach by a dog, you dont have enough sense to take care of yourself.

Also this.
>>
>>694628
>spreads disease
The animal needs to HAVE a disease first.
>>
>>695001
>>695007
>>695012
>>695039
>>695046
>>695152
>>695244
>>695250
>>695423
I'm a dog lover.
I have watched my leashed dog be torn to pieces while I had it on a leash.
I then killed the dog.
Former military and trained.
If your dog is not leashed I'm not taking a chance.
I have cleared this locally with my PD.
If you think you are going to harm me, I say go for it. You may win, I'm not invincible but I would bet against you winning.
If you search hard enough you'll be able to find the details of my attack and who I am.

Leash your dogs. For their safety, for others safety, for your safety. If you are not leashing, you are ignorant and do not deserve to be responsible for an animal.
>>
>>694846
Then prepare to get the living fuck beaten out of you. Because that's what would happen if you pepper sprayed my dog.
>>
>>695501
As I previously stated, good luck trying to beat the 'fuck' out of me. I highly doubt you have the training necessary.
You do not deserve to have a pet. You are irresponsible. You will eventually get yours, karma is a bitch.
>>
>>695526
You're fucking dead kiddo.
>>
>>695526
>tips fedora
>>
>>694846
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EflHHVROiSs

All I can think of is this.
>>
>>695498
I like this new pasta.
>>
>>695526
You're not the only veteran walking around, dick.
>>
>>695577
CHECK EM
>>
File: 1432573800836.jpg (20KB, 456x456px) Image search: [Google]
1432573800836.jpg
20KB, 456x456px
op here, I guess some protective eyeware is in order
>>
buy a reflective vest for your dog.

it is an added expense yes but well worth it.
>>
>>695498
I really hate to agree with this autist but if you are on public land you should leash your pup.
>>
>>695584
>only veteran
True but I am 1 of about 300.
>>
>>695602
Whatever. You're still a faggot if you're going to pepper spray a dog because it's not on a leash. If she bites you, sue me. Otherwise piss off. My dog hates the leash and she has a great temperment.
>>
>>695611
Muh dog dindu nuffin. She wuz goin ta church, gettin her life back on track, need money foe dem programs.
>>
>>695611
If your dog attacks someone it will be euthanized. Not having it on a leash is just being an irresponsible owner.
>>
>>695526
You think you're BAD!? HAHAHAH if you're so highly trained and shit why would you pepper spray an innocent dog? I'm glad vetrans in the UK aren't fucking retarded Walter mitties like you you cunt.
And ill have you know I regional and national champ in three different martial disciplines, good luck using your aikido and kravmaga millitary bullshit on anyone above a two stripe bjj white belt hahaha
>>
>>695498
Oh shit are you the guy who stabbed/slashed a Chow after it tore up your little dog?

If so, then good on ya.
>>
File: meonanaverageday.jpg (165KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
meonanaverageday.jpg
165KB, 1920x1080px
>>695498
What the fuck did you just fucking say about my dog, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and my dog and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in dog combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
>>695498
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2OcfvmNPiI

>nigs own nigger dog
>it attacks this guys dog in his yard
>locks onto its neck
>he tries to get it off
>cant
>he stabs pitbull to death
>problem solved

I have a small little grey toy poodle, if a dog was attacking it I would rek that dog

Also after delivering pizza and having idiots let their dogs run at me out the front door I have a method of dealing with dogs
>do not back up or flinch, people get offended and dogs take it as sign of weakness,
>cover my junk, i dont want them biting my dick off
>let the dog smell me and come up and be an asshole until owner takes it away
>if the dog bites me and latches on, i slit its throat
>if the dog bites me and then runs away, like ive had a dog do, i call police and sue owner
>>
>>694846
>can't tell difference between friendly dog and mean dog

I thought niggers didn't go innawoods.
>>
>>695839
>take a hose and wet the dog
lel
>>
I only ever had one problem with a dog while out , had my German shepherd with me and came across some dude with a Labrador . My guy was on a lead he's wasn't , lab came running at us barking and growling , my guy got his back up , hair stood up , head dropped and teeth out but stayed quiet , got in front of me and the lab started making little lunges staying just out of reach of my guy. Asked the other dude to call his dog back , he tried but the lab wasn't listening. The lab seemed pretty serious so I hit him in the side with my blackthorn walking stick. Little yelp out of him but still all snarling and shit . The other guy was still standing about twenty feet away just calling him back , raised the stick again and he ran back to his owner . Started walking on and the guy with the lab is getting thick with me for hitting his dog , I said if you can't control the Rucker keep him on a lead , then he said his dog was fine it was my dogs fault , exchanged a few more choice words and walked on , what if I had my kids with me and that dog took offence to them instead , keep em on a lead it's handy
>>
>>694556
To all of you off leash defenders, in my town we are about to deploy a Leash It or Lose It law.
This is a No strike policy, there will be no warnings.
This is the result of a child being attacked by a 'friendly' dog.
>>
>>695974
that's just stupid.
if the dog has muzzle it doesn't matter if he is on leash or off. and large dogs should be muzzled frankly. especially when off leash.
so it should be "either leashed or muzzled"
you can't really bike with a leashed dog it's unhealthy for everyone involved and a fucking hassle.
>>
>>695982
Then dont take your dog biking you dumb fuck.
>>
>>695949
It's all about knowing your dog. I run my off lead on a regular basis. And I don't mean a job around the corner. We go 5-10 miles each time because I'm running a marathon in March. I know how she reacts to other dogs, she's had lots of interactions and is a "distractor" dog for testing at a local AKC Canine Good Citizenship course.

>>695974
Codifying that owners are legally (criminal or civil) responsible for their dogs' actions and ENFORCING it would make much more sense. The problem is the people, not the dog. I was running my dog off leash and ran by a house that a woman had her dogs out (all on leashes). The problem is both her mastiffs dragged her to the ground when they turned around to bark at my dog. She also had some pipsqueek dog of unknown breed. She was yelling "Can you please not come down this way!" as she fell to the ground. Sorry lady get control of your fucking dogs.

tl;dr Leashes =/= control over a dog
>>
>>695997
>knowing your dog. I run my off lead
You are irresponsible then. You're the type of "entitled" person that is the problem. I'm sure you are a great person and a wonderful dog owner BUT you don't get to make the call to unleash your dog on public land if there is a leash law.
My child is deathly afraid of dogs he doesn't know. He was bitten. He's fine with dogs he knows but because of his experience if a dog comes near him off leash he will immediately run, possibly into the street in front of a car.

You don't understand his trauma and the scars he looks at daily in the mirror so don't tell me to train my kid not to react this way.

If the law = leash then leash your dog. NO exceptions.
>>
>>695997
How can you be so much of an asshole to be involved with AKC and let your dog off leash in public? Holy fuck, you are everything that is wrong with dog owners.
>>
>>695498
Still a fag
>>
>>695611
My right not to be mauled > your dogs right to live
Deal with it faggot, your dog runs at me innawoods and I'm shooting it.
>>
>>696090
This.
>>
>>696098
The best part is if he gets butthurt and calls the cops on you he will get a ticket for his dog being off leash
>>
I love dog threads on /out/. It's the only place I know on the internet where you can tell people that their precious baby isn't as harmless as they've deluded themselves. Newsflash: that lab who loves you to death sees strangers as a threat to you who must be mauled to death.
>>
>>696110
Literally just happened to me. Peppered the dog, owner got all butt hurt, came at me, peppered the owner, called PD, they were waiting for us at trail head and arrested dog owner. Took my statement and viewed the photos I had and the vid of when the owner was flipping out and laughed. Animal Control took puppy dog. I have no idea if owner is getting it back but steep fines were incurred.
>>
>>696138
Seriously, dog people can be worse than precious snowflake helicopter parents.
>>
>>696235
Dog owners are getting cucked by their pooches and by the Somali warlord who raped some African Nigger whose kid they adopted
>>
>>696065
>don't tell me to train my kid not to react this way.
dont "train" your kid to be a pussy and run from an animal that is faster than he is.
>>
>>696065
I don't have a leash law.

>>696090
Because I run up to 12 miles with my dog through neighborhoods. She wears a reflective vest just like I do and a shock collar that lets me stop her in her tracks if I need to, but very rarely do I have to use it anymore. I ran 4 miles with her today and had TWO dogs come out of someone's yard at her. She remained calm while I chased the dogs back.
>>
>>696098
Define "runs at me" because if my dog runs up with her tongue hanging out and her tail wagging you're getting arrested before the day is out.
>>
Here's the deal. Lots of dog owners are wildly irresponsible and treat their dogs as a child or an equal rather than a companion who they are above and who must obey them. If your dog is trained well and it's LEGAL to have them off a lead then there should be no problem. If your dog runs off at any distraction, you're a bad owner. If your dog doesn't immediately return when you call it, you're a bad fucking owner. If your dog is wandering around chasing a smell and gets attacked by another dog, you'd better hope that yours is stronger or that you have a big stick. Shit happens and dogs fight but if you pepper spray a dog who is just in your vicinity, then you're a fucking psychotic cunt who thinks they're great because they got given a gun and a uniform.
>>
>>696382
> if you pepper spray a dog who is just in your vicinity, then you're a fucking psychotic cunt who thinks they're great because they got given a gun and a uniform.

I'm OK with that. Now your mutt is dead whatcha gonna do punk?
>>
>>696378
runs at me, nothing else needed. Not my job to make a determination of the disposition of a dog. If it's out of your sight or doesn't return to you when you call it, not my problem. You will never be arrested for defending yourself against an unrestrained animal.

Ultimately it's my right not to have your dogs slobber or muddy feet on me.
>>
File: cox.jpg (165KB, 1017x759px) Image search: [Google]
cox.jpg
165KB, 1017x759px
>>695498
>>694846
>guaranteed replies
>>
>>696432
But killing an animal that isn't attacking you IS illegal. So ultimately yes, yes it is your responsibility to determine the dissipation of my dog, whether she's going to attack or pass you on the trail without batting an eye. Are you going to kill a hunting dog coming at you with its nose to the ground?
>>
>>694846
If I'm in the middle of nowhere with my dog off the lead and he comes up to you to sniff you and you do something as retarded as pull out your faggoty pepper spray, I'll beat you unconscious at the very least.
>>
>>696138
>>696235
Except you don't know that. My lab that loves me to death also loves the strangers she encounters- alone or with me because she has been socialized with people and dogs. She's still got some quirks when it comes to big crowds (where she's on a leash anyway) or the random person she won't let touch her, but her reaction is to run away. My baby is a scaredy cat and is likely to run and hide under the bed and bark at a burglar that was breaking into my house.

Kids grab her tail and she just sits down so they stop, because I've trained her not to react to it. If a child is getting to give her a treat and the child won't let go she won't rip it from their hand- because I've trained her. My nephews have bum rushed this dog and practically tackled her to the ground and all she was trying to do was lick them- extra ferocious indeed.

Most of it comes down to establishing that EVERY human is alpha to her. That's why you shouldn't allow behavior like jumping. It might seem innocent and playful, but it's actually the dog trying to dominate you. The only vice my dog has is licking in the face- a sign of submission. As I said before it's about knowing your dog whether you need to keep it on leash ALL the time or whether walking with you on a trail with relatively few people is something feasible.
>>
File: 1427049175732.jpg (17KB, 321x357px) Image search: [Google]
1427049175732.jpg
17KB, 321x357px
>>695498
>If you search hard enough you'll be able to find the details of my attack and who I am.
googling "pepper spray dog" gets a list of autists and cops, which one are you?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3290581/Meter-reader-left-bleeding-ground-lose-eye-assaulted-homeowner-pepper-spraying-dogs.html
>>
>>694998
Sit! Who's a good boy? Who's a good boy? You're so well trained.
>>
Lucky for you I'm a dog lover.
>>
>>694846
I would kill you. Literally murder you if you did this to my dog.
I wouldn't fucking do it quickly either. You would beg me to end your pain by the time I was done flaying your skin with my dull mora.

Fucking autistic faggot.
>>
>>696716
>I would kill you. Literally murder you

Says the coward who hides behind his dog who ran all the way home with pepper spray in its eyes
>>
>>696763
>thinking everyone and their dogs is out to get you
Enjoying your paranoia bro?
>>
>>696793
>Implying a coward who threatens to kill you because he can't keep his pet under control isn't a threat

You are probably right. Doge owners are weak of body and spirit and the worst the faggot could do is call you racist against dogs
>>
Variance of opinion based on ignorant presumptions. Monkeys pretending to be "Pet Knowledgeable" Gratuitous reference to biblical masters of the beasts. Liberal faggotry of doggy happiness. Animals as: tools, companions, food, sentient brothers/sisters/fur-babies. Variance in a dogs ability acclimating to environment creates an uncertainty that experienced humans should respect adequately. If you ever met a military guard dog displaced into a civilian environment, you would most certainly underestimate the danger. Could you be confident that your 10yo throwing a stick at an unattended K9 will not be met with swift lethal training? "oh how cute, lets adopt a peg-leg doggy veteran" "oh officer, i just gave him a chew toy and suddenly he went to gnawing on the rugrat instead! "
"waahh, you cant euthanize my dog, baahhh"
>>
>>694846
Used the word doge

Nobody wants your praise/ you say that like it's a hot commodity

hTis person is far to pussy to actually pull some shit like that. But the fact that they fantasize about it is disturbing.

Reminds me of a comment one time where this guy told people they shouldn't wear hi-vis clothing because where he is from, people will shoot you if they see you walking in the woods.

Get some pussy already.
>>
>>695526
>You will eventually get yours
I always hear tough guys saying shit like this
>>
>>695602
What does that even mean?
>>696098
Now he's gonna shoot the dog?

I sure walked into a really faggot thread
>>
>>696864
Not that guy but my autocorrect Doge's too. I am a doge coin adherent though. If I run into that other guy the jokes on him because I get all my Doge's free from the shelter on black dog Friday. They appreciate me taking Doge's off their hands an he can deal with the carcass.
>>
File: 1423935608034.jpg (55KB, 576x494px) Image search: [Google]
1423935608034.jpg
55KB, 576x494px
>>696961
>>
>>695526
Waiting for the day you pepper spray a K-9 unit for Fish and Game or DEA.
Enjoy your felony charge you autist
>>
>>696872
He's trying to say he's a navy seal ranger special forces Marine sniper super sc/out/! Highly trained! Not one to be reckoned with! Probably has 300 confirmed kills and is an expert in gorilla warfare as well. Since veterans always refer to themselves as "trained" in any form of conversation! He's a fucktard.
>>
>>697214
>a K-9 unit for fish and game

Topkek fagboy. Is that from GTA?
>>
Who's edgier the people who pepper spray a dog? Or the guys who would "kill" the other person for freaking out when their untrained dog doesn't recall when told?
>>
File: 20160223_191422.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160223_191422.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
My best buddy who hasn't been on any camping trips yet. Hell, I haven't been camping in a while, can't wait for this spring.
>>
>>697724
Only faggotberries pepperspray dogs. Real men use bullets
>>
File: bismuth[1].jpg (82KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
bismuth[1].jpg
82KB, 1000x750px
>>697881
Hi there bismuth
>>
File: 4705217-7553554946-13880.png (109KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
4705217-7553554946-13880.png
109KB, 625x626px
>>696065
>>
>>695526
I would shoot you in your face. Let's see how your 'training' helps you with that.
Fuck, if I could look up IP addresses I'd consider finding you and offering you an advance on the above so that scum like you doesn't have the chance to hurt innocent animals.
>>
>>696065
Your kid should be put down.
>>
>>696065
Your child is a danger to traffic, put him down
>>
>>694846
Kill yourself you fucking autist
>>
>>696065
You really should be keeping your kid on a leash. You sound like a pretty irresponsible owner
>>
>>698271
If your wifes kid runs over to me foaming at the mouth and growling I will put it down too
>>
Holy FUCK, why are there so many autists on /out/?

I browsed /v/ for like 4 years and I've never seen the same concentration of autism as in like 3 months of /out/.
>>
>>699472
hi milly
>>
>>694846
>>695498
>>695526
Not this guy, but I can say that I agree with what he says.
I feel like you faggots don't actually go out and are super fucking emotionally attached to your dog.
I love dogs, used to own 2, but I'll be damned if they aren't on a leash because I thought 'he wuz good boi'.
I never take anyone's word for it because I know dogs can turn on a dime.
Fuck you autist for having zero respect for those who also want to enjoy being out by letting your mutt loose.
>>
>>694846
One day you're gonna mace the wrong persons dog and innawoods is where you'll stay
>>
>>695985
He has every right to you little shit. Stop trying to sanitize the world you weak little man, nut the fuck up.
>>
>>696065
I feel sad knowing that the poor kid has you for a father. He deserves a true man to look up to, not some fucking chump who encourages him to run from a predator.
How about you give me your address and if I'm in the area I'll go fuck your wife and give your son a true role model whenever i go over to drain my seed into his mommy.That's assuming she's attractive of course, and that she hasnt already left you, opting to instead sleep around with clearly superior men. I may even impregnate the cunt if she has the right traits, giving your son a little brother to aspire to be like.
>>
I'm from a really isolated town in northern Canada. We have to routinely cull the local dog population due to increasing dog attacks on children. There are no leash laws here. I don't carry pepperspray, but there are plenty of rocks around. I feel threatened only when the dogs are in packs, usually happens when a bitch is in heat. I don't kid myself about dogs. They are animals and will behave as such. That being said, having situational awareness and displaying confidence when threatened is key.
>>
>>700296
>displaying confidence when threatened is key.
I can attest to this
>>
>>699542
>give me your address
Internet tough guy detected. manlet probably.

How about you leash your fucking dog or I'll take care of it for you.

Simple fact, humans > animals.
>>
>>699472
Wait a second, /out/ is 4 years old? Fuck.
>>
File: 1455064068591.jpg (92KB, 500x341px) Image search: [Google]
1455064068591.jpg
92KB, 500x341px
>>696153
This story happened in Missoula MT within the last year. Google it. The sprayer got arrested and heavily fined. Didn't do any time in the jail house but was charged of misuse of a weapon. >>696098
>>695614
>>695526
>>695250
>>694846
>>
*bang*
whoops lol thought it was a wolf :D
>>
File: 000 1454889371488.jpg (84KB, 313x286px) Image search: [Google]
000 1454889371488.jpg
84KB, 313x286px
>MFW this thread
>>
just train your dogs properly
>>
This thread is so fucking cancerous holy shit. Like 97% of dogs are friendly. Just calm the fuck down. And to all the sperging autists with ichy trigger fingers should really evaluate if they really need that paranoia in their lives
>>
>>705008
>97% of dogs are friendly. Just calm the fuck down.
No, you simply don't get it. It's the dog owners job to train the dog and leash the dog.
It's my right as a human to walk in the woods without stepping in shit and without having some dog slobber on me or stick its wet nose in my crotch.

Leash your fucking shit machines and keep them away from others.
>>
pupper fags die in a fire
theyre dogs you fucking manchildren
>>
File: 1413910535102.jpg (17KB, 300x192px) Image search: [Google]
1413910535102.jpg
17KB, 300x192px
>>696432
>some guy runs in my general direction
>better shoot him, not my job to make a determination of the disposition of some dude

See the similarities?

inb4 "b-but with humans it's entirely different"
How so? A human running at you can stab you as good as a dog running at you can bite you. I'm not trying to imply a dog life is worth the same as a human's, but if you're too stupid/unwilling to distinguish between aggressive and playful behaviour you might as well admit that you just enjoy being an asshole.

Also
>Ultimately it's my right not to have your dogs slobber or muddy feet on me.
And that's enough of a reason to spray/shoot it?
As if there'd need to be more of a proof you're just a whiny, entitled bitch who wants everything go their way.
>>
>>705114
Plain & simple, it's my right to go through life without your precious snowflake of an animal interrupting it or being a distraction in any way, shape, or form.

Train your dog, leash your dog, if your dog approaches me it is my right to make a snap judgement on the threat perceived and act on that. I will kick your little annoying snapper, or spray it, or ultimately kill it if I feel the need.

If there is a leash law, leash it. No exceptions. You & your dog are NOT above the law as much as you think you are.
>>
Would it be wise to bring your dog on a 5 day survivalist camping trip (bringing no food or water). My dog is still a pup and not trained in anything but he never goes out of eye sight because he has severe separation anxiety. Also do dogs get sick by drinking out of non-purified water?
>>
>>705032
>Having this view of life
>>
>>705008
What? We've got no problem with responsible owners who keep their dogs on leashes. I wouldn't shoot a dog on a leash unless it actually attacked me. Stop overreacting.
>>
>>705114
we have more interactions with humans than dogs.its a lot easier to distinguish between a human's behavior vs a dogs behavior, especially people who never had dogs before. a 100 pound 4 legged black thing running towards you is extremely scary.

>a 200 pound 2 legged black thing running towards you will also warrant you being on edge
>>
>>705114
Dogs are far more likely to be aggressive than humans
Dogs can easily cause far more serious injuries than unarmed humans
It's more difficult to tell a dog's intentions than a human's
Dogs are property, not people. They are worth a few thousand dollars at most. Better safe than sorry.
>>
>>694628
what do you do with your own poo?
>>
>>705164
>having this feeling of entitlement

>>705173
>We've got no problem with responsible owners
This guy gets it.
>>
>>705141
>If there is a leash law, leash it.
You're damn right, if there is a law, you should obey it, and I never implied otherwise. Problem is, at least where I live, there is no such law.
>it is my right
Yes, it is your right, but that doesn't make you less of an asshat morally.
It's also my right to tell the police if my neighbor builts a swimming pool in his garden even though he's not allowed to. I'd still be an ass for doing it, since it wouldn't affect me at all.
It's also my right to stop working and live off welfare (again, where I live). I'd still be an ass for doing it, since I'd be leeching of other's tax money.
It's also my right not to tip any waiter for anything. I'd still be an ass for doing it if I received good service.

Point is, just because it's your right doesn't mean you should act like it.
Ultimately, it is also my right to get your precious snowflake of an ass jailed because you shot my dog who was approaching you without any ill intent.
>>
>>705190
good luck arguing no ill intent

cases like those are thrown out the court
>>
>>705190
>my right to get your precious snowflake of an ass jailed because you shot my dog who was approaching you
I am very close with several individuals in law enforcement and you are incorrect, at least where I live. I have sprayed dogs and then owners who felt I shouldn't have sprayed their dog. I then call 911 and patiently wait. The owner is arrested, the dog is removed from the owner.
We have a leash law and I video the incident.
3x I've been through 'the process' and nothing has ever become of it, other than the owner losing their pooch and getting fined out the ass.

How am I an asshat for not wanting an animal near me? They are animals. What I can't understand is people letting these flea & worm infested hairballs in their houses.
>>
>>705174
Of course it is easier to distinguish between a human's behavior vs a dogs behavior for an untrained person. But if it ends in being dangerous or fatal for a life (even if it is just a dog's) one should be able and willing to take the 2 minutes of Google research it takes to distinguish an angry dog for a happy one.
I agree that big dogs can be intimidating when running towards you (hell, I'd surely defend myself if one came breaking out of the woodwork at me), but that sure as hell doesn't justify this "I'm going to shoot any unleashed dog whenever I feel like it" attitude.

>a 200 pound 2 legged black thing running towards you will also warrant you being on edge

You got me laughing there
>>
>>705177
>Dogs are far more likely to be aggressive than humans
Nope, with dogs as with humans, it's a matter of education.
>Dogs can easily cause far more serious injuries than unarmed humans
That's right, but how the fuck do you know which human is carrying a weapon or not? It's not like people wave it around in public when they got one.
>It's more difficult to tell a dog's intentions than a human's
Now that's just plain wrong and you know it. A dog will bare it's teeth and growl at you when it's about to attack. A human can do anything from charging at you with a rage-filled face to seemingly passing you with an emotionless expression to approaching you with a friendly smile, and still stab you.
>Dogs are property, not people. They are worth a few thousand dollars at most. Better safe than sorry.
You're right, and it's fucking stupid to handle it like this. I'm not saying dogs should be treated as people, but if you as a person don't distinguish between a dog and the fucking chair you're sitting on, you should probably start to worry about not having empathy.
>>
>>705204
Sadly, yes.
>>
Do people not hunt with dogs on your countries. Here innawoods your likely to come across hound hunters with beagles chasing deer, pointers and retrievers hunting ducks or scent trailing deer all off a lead
>>
>>705217
As I already said, when there's a leash law, you should obey it, period. As to the cases you've been through, I ain't gonna say anything since I wasn't there. Could be you were right spraying them, could be you had no reason to spray them at all. All I can say is I've had countless encounters with dogs, and never had the reason to harm one. Sometimes they came running at me, even big ones, and they never did more than put their feet on my chest. Maybe I was lucky (even though I've been bit by dogs before), or maybe the dogs are just better trained where I live.

>How am I an asshat for not wanting an animal near me?

You're not an asshat because you don't want an animal near you, you're an asshat because the way you enforce it is by hurting the animal before even trying to tell the owner. If I don't want any small children near me, I'm not going to manage it by kicking every child that approaches me.

Also
>flea & worm infested
I don't know what shithole you live in, but over here the owners have to have their pets checked for parasites.
>>
>>705223
>one should be able and willing to take the 2 minutes of Google research it takes to distinguish an angry dog
are you off your fucking rocker? I'm supposed to learn to 'distinguish an angry dog vs a happy one' so I can go into the woods? Should I also learn to tell if a person is bipolar? Or if you're fucking autistic?
Not my job...
If your dog comes at or near me off leash it will be pepper sprayed. If you come at me because I sprayed your dog you will get sprayed. If you insist on taking it to another level, you probably will get hurt.

Maybe if I see a dog coming at me I should whip out my phone and type the symptoms and characteristics into Google instead of reacting to a situation. R I G H T . . .
>>
File: FUBAR.jpg (115KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
FUBAR.jpg
115KB, 533x800px
>>705317
Since I'm arguing with someone who considers me "off my fucking rocker" for preferring some online research to literally pointless violence, this is probably wasted time, but still, here goes.

No, you're not supposed to learn to distinguish an angry dog vs a happy one just so you can go into the woods. You can go into the woods all you fucking want, you can live there and die there for all I care. I'm asking you to learn to distinguish an angry dog vs a happy one because that way you can maybe some time stop being an obnoxious asshole who sprays a dog just because he hasn't got a leash attached to it.
So if there's a law for leashing a dog where you live, fine. The owners who break it should be punished, that's all right. The problem is, you're not the goddamn sheriff dealing out justice with your pepper spray or whatever.

I tried to bring my points across in my previous posts while undestanding yours, but it seems you prefer ridiculing me over even considering that you might be, in some way, not entirely right. Fine.
I'm not going to threaten you like the others in this thread did, since we'll hopefully never meet, and since your rampant paranoia and borderline psychotic aggressive behaviour probably left you pretty well armed and trained. Let me just say that I hope that someday a dog owner whose dog you attacked for no reason pushes your shit in for good.
I think we now also know who of us two is autistic for having absolutely zero empathy for non-human things and preferring unnecessary violence over spending two minutes of his precious time doing something that's "Not his job...".

Oh, and if you're perchance simply a troll, congratulation, because I FUCKING MAD
>>
>>705554
>stop being an obnoxious asshole who sprays a dog just because he hasn't got a leash attached to it
Really? I'm the obnoxious asshole. I really wish you had some sort of reasonable point to argue because I'd love to debate this with you but seriously, I'm the asshole because a dog approaches me and I stand my ground.
I've spoken with law enforcement and I am well within my rights spraying a dog off leash that approaches me.

Yes, I have no empathy for man nor beast. No reason I should, I have empathy for me. If that makes me a sociopath, so be it.
>>
>>705554
your arguing with multiple people m8,

all i did was ask you to be on edge when something runs towards you. and as a responsible dog owner, to understand that even if its not right or against the law, even if you win the suit, your dog is still dead.
>>
>>705581
if you sprayed my dog after it walked up to you happily i'd beat your ass into the ground until you stopped moving, drag you off into the bushes, rob you and leave your dumb ass for dead.

and you'd deserve it, shitlord.
>>
>>705761
Good luck with that. I may lost but I'd bet the house against you.
What's your training?
>>
>>705791
MCMAP/BJJ/MT over ten years consistent training.
that plus a big ass chow dog that you've just pissed off by OCing her ass pretty much leaves you fucked unless you draw on us which would just end up in MAD
>>
>>705806
wow why dont you go dodge bullets
>>
>>705904
i'm retired
>>
whats the point of showing people all your edges when they take on your unleashed dog? your dog will still be dead/hurt at the end of the day. why even risk your dog?
>>
File: 1456383265330.gif (3MB, 360x203px) Image search: [Google]
1456383265330.gif
3MB, 360x203px
>>705806

And I'd dump a magazine full of 9mm into your chest.
>>
Why does this board have such an issue with this shit? I keep my blue heeler/border collie mix on a leash, but he's a tough enough little git to handle things if a dog he doesn't like gets in his face (I'm talking other aggressive dogs, he stands his ground). I don't really like other dogs being off leash, since as a kid my dog was hit by a car in front of me after some teens called him out towards them from my front door.

I've even had some untrained dogs run at my bike while I was riding in the woods. They weren't aggressive, but they did bark at me and keep a lunging distance. When the owner caught up I told him he should really keep them leashed if he's running with them, they obviously outpaced him. He got pissy at that so I assumed he hasn't properly leash trained them. Running with a dog that isn't leash trained can be a bitch, I know. I told him there's free dog training at the local petco on Tuesdays and he was still defensively bitchy, but whatever, I was on a nice ride. I've had terrible accidents on my bike where I've severely broken my collarbone and dislocated my knee so I really don't appreciate having a dog run up to my bike.

I've had a lot of good experiences with nice, but not well trained dogs off leash. My dog listens very well while on walks and the family that fostered him never leashed him before I adopted him, but I still leash him because why the fuck not? I hate outdoor cats, killing birds and shitting in my garden, so I can't contradict myself.

Still, people who are being this aggressive about off leash dogs need to calm down. A child's neurotic fears are a fucking pain to deal with, but why be such an aggressive asshole about it, you bitch? And the people who walk/run their dogs off leash? Why not put in the effort to leash train them? This whole thread reads like a big wank off between assholes.
>>
>>705761
Why is your dog so far ahead of you? A properly trained dog won't run up to people either way.
>>
>>705933
simple, he doesnt have a properly trained dog
>>
>>705944
hes a good boy he dindu nuffin he wuz trainin to be a workin dog
>>
>>705933
him happening on my dog would not go that way
if he stumbled into my camp, got approached by my dog, it's because i don't have a properly trained dog? he'll just OC her for the fuck of it and that's fine?
>>
>>705905
Shame you didn't get killed by an IED
>>
>>705950
no, you call your dog back. dont risk your dog's health just so you can

"beat your ass into the ground until you stopped moving, drag you off into the bushes, rob you and leave your dumb ass for dead."
>>
>>705806
>threatening to assault people
it feels like you learned nothing through your martial "discipline" you absolute autist with anger management issues. A fucking wild animal approaches someone and could have any intent, you KNOW it's your responsibility to keep control of your animal and you expect others to take a risk instead of defend themselves because "ee's a gud boi i promis." Fucking lol.
>>
>>705952
this fuckin thread man jesus

>>705955
>dont risk your dog's health
i'm not, in any way risking her health. at all. fuck this thread, and fuck this board. you faggots are more ignorant and hateful than /b/ for fucks sake.
>>
>>705957
what the fuck do you think i posted? if he fuckin pepper sprays my dog for no fucking reason as he stated, im within every right to fuck his dumb ass up. what, you bitches are so scared of every fucking animal you can just OC whatever you want and it's fine? jesus fucking christ
>>
>>705958
>i'm not, in any way risking her health. at all.
You're risking her getting shot. By far the most dangerous animal anyone is likely to encounter is another man's pet dog. You wouldn't fault someone for shooting a bear who charged them (even though there's a 99% chance it was a bluff charge), you shouldn't fault someone for shooting a dog that charges them (even though there's a 99% chance it won't attack).
>>
>>705962
i didnt say a fuckin thing about charging you sperglord
have fun with your dog murder fantasies i'm out
>>
>>705581
I've made my points, you just chose to ignore them or lack the reading comprehension and/or emotional skills to see them. So let me list them for you:
1. Even if something is your right, you can still, and I repeat myself, be an obnoxious asshole for acting on it, which I've provided several examples for.
2. You could use the same amount of time it takes you to take a piss to go on the internet and see angry dog = teeth bared, tail down, happy dog = tail wagging to stop unnecessary violence or even bloodshed every time a unleashed dog is in your general vicinity.

To conclude, I brought along points why your behaviour is wrong morally, not concerning the law. Which was, in hindsight, a waste of time, since you yourself admitted having the emotional and moral skills of an unripe cabbage.
>>
>>705740
>your arguing with multiple people m8
I know, and that last post was directed at any person (be it just the one who I replied to or more) who thinks any dog off leash automatically deserves to be sprayed.

I'm not having a problem with reasonable people like you, as I said before, if something big came crashing out of the woodwork at me, I'd probably defend myself too. But there is a hell of a lot of room between "defending oneself out of a sudden scare or reasonable fear" and "being too lazy to distinguish and thus attacking any unleashed dog by default".
>>
>>705962
>You're risking her getting shot.
And the owner getting sued. If I had to shoot a dog off leash, I wouldn't have time to put hearing protection on, and would suffer irreparable hearing damage. It would be pretty easy to prove damages and partial disability.
>>
>>705995
Your second point is not true as evidenced by the scar on my side. Quiet, tail wagging dogs can still bite you the second you take your eye off them. The pro-dog mace people in this thread are being assholes about it, but the fact of the matter is that dogs are unpredictable animals and their owners are usually clueless regarding how their animal interacts with strangers.
>>
>>705995
Oh lord, you just get dumber by the hour. Did you type this before you had your coffee?

They are dogs!!! They do not deserve 1 iota of my time or effort. They are not humans. I am not required to share my space with them. They are animals.

If you choose to have one, fine. Your decision. Keep it safe by leashing it and keeping it the fuck away from me.

There is nothing morally wrong with protecting yourself against a charging animal.
>>
>>706001
>attacking any unleashed dog
Do you honestly believe people are running up to dogs and attacking them? We are talking about dogs that are unleashed and are approaching anons. Nobody here is on a vendetta against dogs. Keep them away and I can confirm I'll be happier. I hate confronting the owners, dealing with it at all. I hike to exercise and get peace, not get into altercations.
>>
>>706358
I give you that, there are dogs that will attack you out of the blue without previous signs, though that is by far the minority, like people attacking you on open street.
Your post makes a good point about what the problem here is. There are evidently people who are willing to hurt any dog just because they don't want them near themselves, and people who have no fucking clue how to control their dog, and both kinds of people are shit, because both fail to see the other side of the argument. Which side is more shit and which less depends on the circumstances, but still both are dumb in their extremism.
>>
>>705151
>Also do dogs get sick by drinking out of non-purified water?
No. Dogs have far tougher digestive/immune systems than we do, which is why they can handle raw meats.

Short answer to your other question- No.
>>
File: 20160308_130454.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160308_130454.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Staying on topic, I bought my dog saddle bags that came in today along with two collapsible bowls. She can carry her own food/water on the trail.

I think she was a bit embarrassed at first.
>>
>>706722
Lol you have an adorable pupper
>>
>>705032
>my right as a human to walk in the woods without stepping in shit
>my right
>stepping in shit
>in the woods

A little too close to too many IEDs without your helmet on, veteran?
>>
File: 1929380_1129649359426_4875927_n.jpg (41KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
1929380_1129649359426_4875927_n.jpg
41KB, 604x453px
>>706722
how much water do you take? I figured a dog needs plenty
>>
File: amazing.jpg (96KB, 736x552px) Image search: [Google]
amazing.jpg
96KB, 736x552px
>>705806
I love chow chows. My gf has a blind one. She's amazing.
>>
>the city of this thread
>>
>>709273
chows are fuckin great. big happy bumbling fuckers.
>>
>>709265
I carry 4-5L. I can fit at least a liter in her bags with her food.
>>
this thread makes me want to exterminate humanity, do people actually think its ok to harm another persons dog? do they think they would get away with it? here that person would be hunted down and tortured to death and dumped in a unmarked grave in the woods. Fucking subhuman garbage
>>
>>710316
Do people actually think it's ok to let their off-leash canine run at another person?
CONTROL YOUR ANIMALS.
>>
>>700555
Humans ARE animals, anon.
>>
>>710885
Implying my smart boy would even approach an unstable aspie.
>>
>>710885
Do fat faggots actually believe any object traveling faster than themselves is dangerous?
>>
>>695600
uh, no shit?
>>
>extending pupper hiking range

What kind of sentence is this?
>>
>>711539
Dogfags are retarded, who would have guessed.
>>
>have dog-aggressive foster dog
>dog is high energy and needs mental stimulation
>walk dog often to get his energy out
>someone has their dog off-leash
>tell them to call off their dog
>he says it's OK because his dog is friendly
> I explain my dog is Not friendly
>he assures me it will be OK
>I'm trying to convince him it won't
>sure enough my dog is getting pissed of and activated despite me trying to keep him distracted
>fight ensues
>create makeshift breakstick, man takes his dog away
>sure enough he tries to sue me, but it is not my dog but the rescue organization's dog
>CEO of organisation is judge's daughter, and there are lawyers on the board, on top of him breaking the law
>guy gets his ass handed to him in court

Moral of this story is always be wary of who your dog goes up to greet; even a dog that looks friendly may be dog aggressive or have contagious illness. And always know the laws, too
Thread posts: 187
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.