[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ever been stalked in the woods?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 16

Got any stories of being stalked by people or animals in the wild?

Curious!
>>
A public footway i went on once passed through someones land. Their two dogs followed me for about 5 miles, barking but never coming too close.
>>
i was followed home by a moose when i was like 10
>>
I'd love to stalk someone without them noticing.
>>
>>694308
I had a bear lurking around me until I fired a shot at it
>>
Pretty sure I was stalked by a mountain lion a few years back. I was on a day hike that ran long and had to do the last few miles in the dark. Something fairly large up in the trees was keeping pace with me, and there had been cats spotted in the area before.

I kept walking at a steady, even speed and would regularly look towards the the trees and whistle or make noise to let it know that I knew it was following me.

If it was a cat, I don't think it was hunting me I think it was just curious. If it had been actively hunting me it would've been a lot quieter.
>>
>>694308
Camping with about 10 people at a forest service cabin on a mountain in Montana when a girl came back from the outhouse (about 50 feet away from main site) saying that a pair of eyes were looking at her as she went. Next person that went saw them too. We yelled if anyone was there, fired a few rounds off into the mountainside to try and scare away whatever it was. Everyone that went to the outhouse after took a shotgun with them. Was probably a bobcat, or black bear, could have been cougar.
>>
>>694339
Did you keep it?
>>
I was doing a solo campout two autumns ago and I was being stalked by a black bear all night. I had setup camp in the afternoon and everything was going swimmingly until about 10pm. I heard loud walking through the woods toward me... could be a deer, could be a person. Thing is, there was no moon so it was pitch black so for it to be a person without a light was unlikely.

I stood up, yelled-out, swung my light around and a large black blob through the trees turned and hoof'd it away. I was pretty spooked but figured that was it. Well, it came back every 40mins or so, each time from a different direction. I didn't get a good look at it until the third or fourth iteration, it paused, stared at me, and slowly walked away again. I was sorta shitting myself by midnight or so.

Around 2am it came back for the last time, really aggresively. It was practically jogging through the woods toward me, crunching sticks and branches loudly. I turned on both my headlamp and maglight as bright as i could, grabbed my hatchet, and jetted all the way out of the woods in the darkness back to the house. It's about a 20min journey and no path so in the dark it's really easy to get lost. My heart was pounding. Left all my shit in the woods. Net day I went-out and everything was just as I left it. Fuuuck though. FUCK.

Pic is earlier that day, just because it's an image board afterall
>>
>>694545
>getting cucked by a black bear
I bet you got bullied at school as well

t. just jocking (nice story senpai)
>>
>>694549
i was afraid it wanted my meat :[
>>
>>694545
>black bear successfully bullied a human out of his food and stuff
that shouldn't happen anon someone might get hurt.
>>
File: spoop'd.jpg (66KB, 618x458px) Image search: [Google]
spoop'd.jpg
66KB, 618x458px
One time I was walking down these train tracks in farm country, upstate NY. To my left is about thirty yards of waist high yellow grass, them a small woodline, and then a cow farm. To the right is a small woodline, about ten yards of woods, then acres of corn, which I presume is grown for the cows. A black bear came out of the corn feild to my right, about let's say a hundred yards away from me. I broke the cardinal rule and turned heel and ran my ass off. Running on loose railroad gravel from a bear with 4wd is like running in molasses from some nightmare apparition in a dream.
After a bit of running, maybe forty yards, I look over my shoulder and see no bear. I stop to catch my breath, keeping eagle eyes on where the bear had been. I turn to and see that from the other direction a human is coming.
I decide to wait where I am to warn human, and keep an eye on the bears last location. After two or three minutes I see something out of the corner of my left eye. The bears head pokes out of the yellow grass on my left, about ten feet away from me. He flanked me using the deer trail at the junction of the woodline and yellowgrass. Again, I broke the cardinal rule and ran. He must have just been curious, and full from gorging himself on the farmers corn crop, because he didn't give chase. When I approached the human, which turned out to be a young man about twenty, I yelled, "bear" and we both ran to town. So lucky I didn't trigger the bears predator instinct when I ran.
>>
>>694582
Never going to Jurassic Park with you
>>
>>694524
You also wouldn't be posting about your hike.
>>
>>694524
Or it was just lame and was trying its best to get some food. Desperate predators behave uncharacteristically under pressure.
>>
File: 1443542981001.jpg (107KB, 400x489px) Image search: [Google]
1443542981001.jpg
107KB, 400x489px
>>694582
>Running on loose railroad gravel from a bear with 4wd
Should have gone full beast mode and switched on your 4wd as well
>>
>>694339
Did you give it a muffin?
>>
Mountain lions came down to the valley here in northern Can due to the drought. Yes, they are little ninjas with Terry Cruz builds. The worst thing is they are smart
>>
>>694648
Lol no, mountain lions are fucking amazing hunters. He wouldve been dead before he even noticed. Those things are master stalkers
>>
>>694797
Only children, manlets, and old people ever get killed by mountain lions.
>>
File: mqde.jpg (6KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
mqde.jpg
6KB, 320x180px
> camping in the cascade mountain in Oregon
> trip was fantastic with a lot of trails and waterfalls.
> day 3 I am stalked by a cougar
> I saw him on a cliff looking down at me
> later that day I spot him on a rocky overhang behind me still watching
> at night I keep my fire roaring to keep it away
> on edge all trip
> can't enjoy nature, not with cougar watching me
> pack out early
> on my way back cougar jumps out growling showing it's fangs
> time to put on my war face
> today is the day
> so be it
> unzip jacket and make myself look big
> draw hatchet from my belt
> cougar is squaring off
> WAR FACE!!! AHHHHHHH!!!
> [screaming and yelling intensifies]
> cougar starts Roaring at me
> ROARRRR!!!
> AAHHHHHHH!!!!!
> ROOOOOAAAARRR!!!
> AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
> COME ON MOTHERFUCKER LETS FUCKING DO THIS NOW FAGGOT!!!
> I WILL FUCK YOU UP!!!
> Cougar fuck off
> I actually chase cougar until it's at a dead sprint
> return home

This was the only time in my life I was ready to fight to the death, and had every intention of winning that day. One day I will track that cougar down, kill it with a sharpened rock, and wear it's pelt in the cold times.
>>
File: out_bearhug.png (143KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
out_bearhug.png
143KB, 600x400px
>>694339
did you give it a hug?
>>
>>694804
it's true that they target smaller people and are much more likely to target a child or small person than a large person

but do not mistake this for a lack of ability.
they could take down a 225 lb 6' 4" <insert highly trained tactical unit here> unarmed person no problem..
>>
>>694582

>runs from a black bear 3 times
>>
>>694891
if real that's pretty awesome anon
9/11 would read again
>>
File: image.jpg (30KB, 265x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 265x300px
>Not even /out/ just on a night walk because can't sleep
>enter heavily wooded neighborhood
>no moon dark as fuck
>walking along thinking things and stuff
>start to hear faint scuffing noises on asphalt behind means I continue downhill into neighborhood
>hear a few more times but cannot identify fully,seems at non threatening distance when the noise does crop up
>some time later hear the same scraping footsteps now but closer behind and at a much faster pace, bout thirty feet behind me at my 11 o'clock
>sounds like someone in sneakers running at me
>fuck fuck fuck
>can't see shit, unarmed,
>turn around and war cry and run straight at where it sounds like the footsteps are coming from, hoping to at least crash into assailant instead of getting jumped from behind
>feel/sorta see something pass by me at waist height and then head two things scatter into woods.

> it was two deer walking on the street next to each other, which with 8 legs combined can't the right pace sound like someone running

I probably woke a bunch of people up so I fucked right off.
>>
My friend and I was walking down a clearing that used to be railroad tracks till they got ripped up. we go down about 2 miles. Now I still don't even know how this is possible to this day, but we turn around and a guy had snuck up on us in a car. he jumps out and says " I'm watch this land for xxxxxx and he told me about you I know why your here". we had never been on this property before so he must have meant someone else. Then he reached in the car. This I when I thought we where about to die. He pulled out a peice of paper and said " this mean I have permission to be here, you dont ". We agreed to leave. Since we walked there we had to walk back to my house about 5 miles. The guy in the car follwed us for about 4 miles till we eventually called the police. We were juveniles at the time so we knew we wouldn't get in trouble. the police showed up and told him to leave. Turns out he didn't have permission to be there either.
>>
>>694308
This happened like 2 days ago. I went to this little park that has a lake, I was in the area and wanted to see if there was any fish. There wasn't so I walked to the rear end of the park and sat down on a bench. I was fairly isolated.

From where I'm seated there is a fork in the road. There's this old guy standing there, probably 50-60 feet away. He's watching me. I'm not paranoid or anything but sometimes people just give you bad vibes.

He kept appearing on one side of the fork and then the other, which meant that he was going through some sort of trail, and he kept getting closer and closer.

This went on for like 15 minutes. I just looked at my phone and played it off like I was ignoring him. He worked his way to the mouth of the fork and then said to me. "Hey~ How're you doing?" I've hiked around a lot and occasionally said casual hellos to other hikers but again this was something a little creepy and different. His tone was off. He was in his 50s-60s, was wearing slacks and a dress shirt, and had a white mustache. I just turned to him and shrugged, then shook my head and he immediately left.

Since I couldn't see him anymore, I decided it was time to leave. As I left I could see him apparently walking back to his vehicle, so I just ducked behind a building so he would leave. I waited five minutes and walking out noticed that he was now on the pier. He wasn't facing the lake he was turned around facing the parking lot. I got in my car and noticed him staring at my car in the mirror.

I don't think I'm paranoid. I just think he was some old gay perv cruising the park
>>
>>694638
kek
>>
>>694891
Hey! You actually know how to respond to a cougar! Good on you.

I was stalked by a cougar too. I was looking for property to buy and I was walking the property lines of this heavily forested place that I really liked. The side I was walking up was a little over 4000 ft. I was almost halfway back to the road and my car when I pissed off the cougar. She started with the angry cat sounds and kept pushing me and forcing me to change direction. Like you, I had my coat open to look big and was yelling at the cat. Only mine was a little more ridiculous. "You're a bad cougar! Bad!" I ended up slowly backing out of the forest and onto a neighboring property but the owners were not home and trust me, I was pounding on their door as I was yelling at that cougar. Eventually I gave up on the house and slowly backed up to the car while yelling at the cougar.

Ended up buying the property about a month later and the cougar totally remembered me. I was living in a camper on site while I built the house and the cougar would occasionally visit me at night by stalking around the camper and yelling at me. After about a couple months it gave up and moved deeper into the forest. But OMG there is nothing more hair raising than a pissed off cougar. I'm pretty sure that I got too close to her den/cubs. That's the only reason I can think that she would stalk me and remember me that long.

I've also been chased up a picnic table by a pissed off porcupine and have hidden from moose.

Out of all of my wildlife encounters, I think one of the moose encounters was actually the most dangerous. Moose freaking terrify me.
>>
File: 1452367250485.jpg (63KB, 1100x733px) Image search: [Google]
1452367250485.jpg
63KB, 1100x733px
>Being an faggot
>10 years ago
>Go to heavy used trails
>Tie thorn vines across foot paths
>Use fishing line too
>Come back in a few days to examine the marks in the soil.
>>
>>694308

Had a guy follow me for about 4 mile...found out he had dementia and was lost as fuck...poor old fuck.
>>
>>694891
I have dreams like this but with all sorts of large to small animals. The worst is when I cant yell/scream or run but never get away. ;_;
>>
>>694912

I work with a guy who got attacked by a mountain lion. His face is just a mass of scars and cheap plastic surgery. He was out with his buds in Washington drunk off his ass and wondered away from the group to piss.

The damnedest thing about him though is that he killed the damn thing. It's obviously all just taking him at his word, but he claims he broke it's jaw by ripping the mouth open before he managed get his gun out and shoot it.

Take that with a grain of salt, because who wouldn't embellish a story like that, but the scars are real, and he's the type who can pull a loaded hay rack uphill, so the strength is there for it be possible. On any account, I now know not to fuck with him, or with big cats.
>>
>>695051

I think the cougar would spook me worse than the moose desu. I work around cattle all day, and as a result have gotten pretty good at avoiding serious harm when they get mad. I know moose are way more dangerous than an old Holstein bull, but at least they don't have class and teeth.

At least with cattle you can hide behind the shoulder to avoid most of it since they can't turn fast enough to get you out of the pocket. Cougars don't have that pocket to hide in, but I would assume a moose does.

On any account, I'm glad I live in Indiana and the most dangerous thing in the whole state is a little bobcat.
>>
>>695054
And now I know what I must do
>>
>>695066
He could very well be telling the truth. He wouldn't be the first person to wrestle a cougar.

The third story about Anderson vs Cougar is pretty amazing. http://cycling.ahands.org/bikecougar.html

Remember folks, running (or cycling) makes you look like food. When you're in the forest, don't run, don't ride. Walk. Make noise. Be big and fearless.
>>
>>695033
that's kinda fucked up man
>>
>>695071
Desu? (WTF? Weeb much?)

I grew up around livestock too. I have a pretty stellar understanding of animal behavior. At least with a cougar you can tell it to fuck off and it will. With a moose, if they see you, they charge. Endlessly. Moose are unbelievably aggressive. Way more aggressive and dangerous than any cattle I've been around.

The other animal that scares the shit out of me is black bears. People feed the fuckers since they look cute. And then they associate humans with food. Never a good idea. Grizzlies, fine. Whatever. Just make a lot of noise. Black bears will follow you and try to steal your food and attack you.
>>
A feral cat, some big white fluffy thing, was doing the low crawl through the bushes on me over the span of 100 yards.

Was quite funny.
>>
>>695033

Probably a lookout for something illegal going on.
>>
The only time this has happened to me was in the suburbs walking home from my mate's house. In my country there are no dangerous animals, not even any snakes, so I guess the city is the most dangerous place to be.

I was walking home at maybe 1 in the morning. A bit drunk. My bro lived in a pretty shitty area and there were often loose dogs wandering around. Anyway I got halfway up the long road that leads up to the shops and this dog appeared behind me and started barking. It looked like a Doberman or something, I don't know dog breeds too well though. I kept walking pretty nervously and it ran ahead of me and then started circling me. I was walking up the middle of the road.

I was shitting my pants at this point and looked around for a stick or something but of course there was nothing like that. I kept walk slowly and it started rushing me. I've always thought of myself as a bit of a pussy but having that dog rushing at me switched me on and I got really aggressive, stepping towards it roaring at the top of my voice and swinging my arms, and it backed off.

It kept circling me and rushed at me a few more times, but by then I was feeling really pumped, like a huge aggressive ape, even though the dog probably would have won a fight. I kept walking slowly up the road and eventually it stopped circling me and just barked at me as I walked off.

Was fucking scary and sobered me up straight away but I was kind of proud of how I reacted too.
>>
>>694540
>>694742
>>694894
Nah. I was kinda spooked but I seemed totally chill. Like it just wanted to make sure I made it home safely.

Saw a moose in the same area wreck a boar once. And they always chilled with the horses though
>>
Never been properly stalked, but I got attacked by a dog once. A little pug type ran Up and started biting at my ankles, I kicked it pretty hard and ran off, heard a few weeks later that a friend of a friends pug dog ran away on a day hike and was killed by a Bigfoot that crushed it's entire chest.

>tfw I am a Bigfoot
>>
>>695054
how does that work?
>>
>>695071
Holstein bulls are fucking crazy, man. Probably zebu tier crazy
>>
>solo camping in my tent at night
>hear rustling and uneven breathing
>smell copper
>>
>>695420
Kek

I was once not stalked, but attacked by a big bóxer that had her pups nearby. It was close to my house, the fucker just tan from her door to me and began trying to bite my legs. I swinged my backpack like a torero while walking backwards like 20 meters. She cuouldn't bite me ;).
Oh and the momento she ran from the door, her owner (wich was shitting by the door) dissapeared inside and left me to be eaten. Laterales she claimed that she had "something on the stove" but she ran so quickly inside that she left the keys outside...what a cunt.
>>
>>694545
Blackbears don't usually approach humans aggressively. They don't charge to test you like grizzlies so if one ever approaches you like that it's probably gunning for you.
>>
>>695461

Yeah they are. My boss got one too try and bred frame into the heard (he just raises beef, but I have a sneaking suspicion that he is a rodeo bull wannabe) he has 7 cows but is always bringing in the most outlandish looking bulls, and while I've never seen inside his tank, I wouldn't be surprised to find a few straws from bulls that throw more buck than beef. Anyways, his one Holstein bull lasted all of 6 months before he decided it was to dangerous to keep around. In that time he learned to spin away from me so that there was no pocket to hide in. The only thing to do was keep running on the side and get to a fence.

Truly a fucking monster. Glad I got a new job, working for him was dangerous no matter what we were doing. One time he knocked an entire stack of hay over, and had I not gotten under the hay rack I would have been crushed.

>>695112
>(WTF? Weeb much?)
Word filters m8

T.bh = desu
F.am = senpai
Cuck used to turn into kek
I think s.my changes too. Smh
>>
>>695521
Yeah man the whole situation struck me as rather queer. Plus I've since read that blackies aren't often active late at night, except in the autumn when they're ravenously foraging for winter. There wasn't a cherry's chance in Chelsea I was going to sleep with that shit goin on
>>
Not exactly been stalked but somewhat awkward and funny story

>last winter
>living in an inner Spanish city with tourist attractions
>go to this small, hilly pine forest just above one of these tourist spots to chill out with my dog and enjoy the view
>towards my back there's a cliff that ends up in a river that goes through the city itself
>while sitting there hear breathing sounds coming from the cliff
>suddenly the head of a blond girl with dreadlocks and a red face
>she's alone
>WTF
>comes into me
>in English she asks me where the monument is
>tell her the monument is pretty far from here and you have to detour several times and to be honest I've never gone directly there from that place
>she puts a sad face
>I tell her "wait a minute, where do you come from???"
>"Sweden"
>I can't help laughing while saying "no, I mean, how did you get up here"
>"I don't know", looking confused as fuck. "Can you show me the way?"
>I didn't know how to get there without walking several miles but autism, titties and the situation make me start walking
>I tell her to see if I can find some shortcut
>walking for a while
>Idontknowwhatthefuckimdoing.kmz
>she gives me funny looks, maybe she thinks I wanna rape her
>she asks me about the opening hours
>starting to drop paella all over the trail
>"h-hey, I think you could go that way and find the road beyond those olive fields, I'm going back"
>we say goodbye and I take the opportunity to explore the route we were doing
>50 minutes later I get where I left my car
>see the girl's head appearing from the road's curve
>think that now she's definetely thinking I'm there to rape her or she's a fucking Walkyrie tormenting me
>yell at her saying she must have gone in the wrong direction
>she yells back apologizing for being clumsy or something like that and turns back
>go home thinking maybe I've wasted the chance to give her my swarthy dick, she was smiling all the time and probably on drugs
>>
>>695521
dude what
black bears bluff charge all the time, that's what they do.
>>
>>695112
>People feed the fuckers since they look cute.
WHAT THE FUCK
>>
>>695586
>drop paella
I jej'd
>>
Animal
>3am sort of time
>walking home mostly urban route
>fox eating bins stops and freezes
>I pass and it follows me
>follows me for 3-4 miles to my house
>watch it sat outside my drive until sunrise.

Human
>mushrooming in small local woods
>can hear and sense a presence
>lead then into thicker bush
>their movements are super obvious and I can see them now.
>15/16 yr old kid, think he's just playing a game
>forget about him mostly and come out to a clearing where he's waiting
>rifle on his shoulder cocked.
>'freeze' he says
>'haha, put that down before someone gets hurt' I say
>pokes at me with the barrell
>I kick the boy in the sternum and grab the rifle
>back and forth trying to control the gun
>I trip him and now have the rifle pressed into his face
>spittle and venemous words rain down on him
>push myself up to a knee on belly position by doing so I smash one of his front teeth
>he's in agony, I stamp on his face and take the gun
>throw the gun into thick brambles and start running
Only told a couple peope that one, was truly terrified and feel pretty guilty for bsting up such a young kid.
>>
>>695634
you should have kept the rifle
>>
>>695637
I'm in the UK. Super illegal, that's why I was so scared. To be fair it might have been his dads land or something people rarely roam with guns
>>
>>695637
Thinking about it, might of been a fucking air rifle or replica bb gun lel.
>>
>>695643
Well, the little shit shouldn't have been pointing it at someone.
>>
>>695672
This. He had it coming.
>>
There's a crazy guy who lives out in the bush not too far from me. The land is public but he seems to think that he owns it because he built a hut there. If you know that he's there you often spot him watching you until you leave his "area".
>>
Was stalked by a cougar once. Went camping awhile ago at some "camp resort". They had a main beach and restaurant area about 2 miles from my spot, decide to go check it out and get a drink. Walked to the bar and got myself a drink when I saw it from the corner of my eye. This 50 year old woman looking my way, didn't mind her. Noticed she started asking my way and she said hey. Some small talk, told her I was camping in the peninsula area. Tried hinting she was alone and wanted to hike or something. Said probably not, beat for the night. Leave and head back. While leaving see her follow and watch me. Took a shuttle back to the camp site. Later digging up the fire pit in the sand eaten shes rolling by in her car scanning the peninsula. Run into my tent and peek through the screen opening. Passes by and I think I'm clear. Later while I'm roasting up hotdogs on the fire I hear a crunch behind me, then a "hey it's you". Cougar found me and going in for kill. End up fucking and having the stakes on my tent ripped out. Last time I ever go /out/.
>>
File: 1455715882440.gif (484KB, 245x200px) Image search: [Google]
1455715882440.gif
484KB, 245x200px
>>695861
>>
>>695180
welcome to the animal kingdom, where 70% of conflict is posturing. way to go man.
>>
>>695033
>doesn't get a handy from a randy tarpsmoker
smhtbh senpai
>>
>>695462
when did you learn to type
>>
It was barely the woods, but I was in a little park by the river once when some shit went down
>waiting for a text from a weed dealer that would never actually come
>smoke a very large joint, get extremely stoned and sit peacefully in the sun with my feet dangling above the river, listening to music with earbuds
>all of a sudden realize someone has approached right up near me
>get startled and stand up quickly, figuring it's just another stoner or something
>it's a 50 or so old man with an ill fitting t shirt and a cell phone in his breast pocket
>he starts talking to me
>he's between me and the only exit from this area, I'm basically trapped if I don't just sprint away
>he gives off an incredibly bad vibe, legitimately afraid he's going to attack me
>mentally preparing to shove him into the river as hard as I can
>he starts talking about fucking woodlands sex orgies, asks what spots people have anonymous sex, says he "likes to watch"
>eventually he meanders off and I quickly get the fuck out of there
99% he was jerking off in the woods. And I'm not an attractive girl, I'm an ugly fat ass guy. If I had been a girl I probably would've had a fucking heart attack.
>>
A bug followed us once.

It was a flying bug. But it didn't land on us like an annoying fly. Instead it would fly ahead of us as we walked and land, then when we passed it, it would fly ahead of us again and land to the side of the trail. Happened for ages. Fucking weird. Maybe they evolved to follow humans to food (or water? It was a fuckingg hot day in a fucking hot place) but land to conserve energy. Wasn't the kind of flying insect that can hover like a house fly anyway.
>>
>>695033
To me it just sounds like you treated an old guy being polite like an asshole.
>>
File: giphy (1).gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
giphy (1).gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>696647
>dudeweedlmao.jpeg
>>
>>696657
I'm pretty sure they're attracted to the moisture people give off in breath and sweat
>>
>live in semi-urbanized area with a lot of woods
>walking to my car after dark
>terrible, terrible eyesight
>see shit moving right near me
>realize it's the neighborhood grey fox and its friend, another grey fox
>it isn't until I'm actually inside my car that I realize that I was like ten feet away from a fox and neither one of us gave a shit

Then I went and got some AAAs for my Ti-84.

Shit was so cash.
>>
>be me
>walking late at night to girlfriends house to lose my virginity
>the whole way there which is a few miles
>there is a pair of squirrels in the trees above me, jumping along and keeping pace with me
>it was pretty creepy

another time
>find satanic ritual in woods
>get cursed
>thing follows me out of woods
>post on /x/
>picture of ritual
>people who looked at the picture started getting activity in their houses like lights and computers going off
>walk by an old guy and he looks at me and grips his chest, said the devil in me was trying to kill him
>few weeks later
>have vivid dream
>lady in dream takes the curse away from me
>based dream lady, runs a good shop full of interesting items
>>
>>697035
another story
>be me, in mexico
>at resort, been shitfaced blackout for a few days
>late at night
>one guy is following some other guy
>he comes up to me
>hey buddy this faggot is following me he wants to have sex but im not gay
>i walk with "not gay" guy
>realise they are both mexican and trying to abduct me
>tell guy that i hate faggots and that if the gay guy tried having sex with me I would slit his throat with the knife i had
>i didn't have a knife, but he believed me
>see him signal his buddy
>realize i was correct and that they were going to abduct me
>run through some bushes

i dont know how i survived my trip to mexico
>>
File: giphy (5).gif (4MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
giphy (5).gif
4MB, 640x360px
>>697039
That's NOPE worthy
>>
>>695634
Sounds like the kid needed his ass beat
>>
>>697039
Fuckin' Mexico man.... I'll never understand why people continue to go there and take on that risk. There are so many beautiful places in the USA where you don't have to worry about all that bullshit and you're supporting the domestic economy. I know families who let their daughters go to Mexico on mission trips or for spring break and shit, I'll never understand it.... I immediately think of Taken. It'd be so easy out there. Just send them ANYWHERE else but fucking Mexico, Costa Rica, Belize, etc etc. Or just stick to the US of A and not worry about anything except her gettin knocked up. Better than raped and decapitated.
>>
I was working in Africa and got stalked by hyenas early one morning. We were hiking and we saw one hyena off in the distance, a little while later we see two hyenas, a little while later three hyenas, then four, then five. It was definitely a growing sense of dread. We got our work done and headed back to the truck only to find that the hyenas had ripped off the plastic guard on the bumper and torn it to shreds. One of the Africans we were with just shook his head and said, "Oh those naughty hyenas."
>>
>>697546
Because it's cheap.
>>
>>697546
I went there because me and my friends were all 18 and we could legally drink at the resort, so we just got hammered for a week straight

all alcohol diet, i remember eating food there like once, maybe twice

remember being the key word here
>>
>>695540
My father used to work on a lot of farms and has one story in particular he likes to tell about one of his old employers.

>Be my dad: late teens or early twenties.
>Spend a few years milking, doing other jobs related to the cows and the like.
>Is asked to take care of a prized bull or something along those lines while the farm owner is gone for a bit.
>Farmer gives strict rules for my dad to follow.
>Farmer takes a little squirt pistol ( like the water pistols for kids ) out of his pocket, opens barn door with my dad behind him.
>The bull charges, has yet to have undergone disbudding or dehorning.
>Dad jumps to the side.
>Farmer starts squirting, bull retreats and bucks.
>Squirt gun was filled with ammonia.
>My dad spent the next two weeks spraying ammonia in the direction of the bull whenever he went into the barn.

On an unrelated note but still a funny story...

>Be him again.
>Be watching Arachnophobia somewhere in his twenties.
>Managed to stay straight-faced through the movie, sipping his Beam/Coke.
>Movie ends, lights on.
>He stands up, feels something crawling on his head.
>"AHHH WHAT THE FUCK GET IT OFF GET THE FUCKER OFF!"
>His friends start laughing as he yells and attacks the area above him.
>Kills an innocent potted plant that had been hanging.

I'm not sure if any of these stories are true but he does tell them fairly often ( I have a fear of spiders and many of his friends are farmers ) when I go to visit him and his buddies.
>>
>>698024
My father told me about one time he was at the movies watching Christopher Lee's Dracula.
To return home he had to pass by an open field in the dark, while passing he saw a horse facing directly at him (on that position horses look like a tall man with big ears). Obviously he booked it at full speed only to later realize that it was a horse.
Fear is tricky.
>>
>>698037
A horse is a horse, of course, of course.
>>
>>694308

I was recently stalked by a coyote while working. It didn't act aggressive at all, but it followed me in the shadows as I walked through the area that I assume it had been sleeping in.

I had noticed little movements in the corner of my eye but it was a few minutes before I caught it and once I made eye contact it bolted.

I've seen them numerous times while working, but I had never been aware of being followed by one before.
>>
>>695462

I wouldn't worry about it tbqh familia
>>
>>695586

dropping paella made me literally laugh out loud
>>
Mountain lion, CA. We had a face to face stand off, I warded it off with fire
>>
>>698181
It had emerald green eyes, it was 3 at night it was made of dense rippling muscle, I never heard it coming. It looked at me and I swear to God I could see the gears turning in its head so to speak. It was sizing me up, and I it. I had a long knife as I was a security guard, guarding construction equipment in the wild (or it was wild at the time) I slowly took out my long knife and light a flare I kept near. If I was to die, so would it. It backed off, and so did I.
>>
The same crossbow hunter stalked me two years in a row when I was rattling antlers.
>>
Not innawoods or scary, but... My mother was stalked by a big fish in a beach here in South America. It's one of those beaches with crystal clear water, it was a nice sunny day.. She spent close to 40 minutes trying to scare it away (I don't know what it was, but it was two feet long and sorta mean looking).
It would just "float" next to her, staring, not doing anything. Water was at waist level, so when she walked away it just followed. I still have no idea what it wanted, eventually left the water since it started trying to lean into her, like floating up to her and pressing his side against her.
>mfw fish wanted to fuck my mom

She has also been stalked/harassed by wild macaws, parrotlets, all sorts of tropical birds. She greatly dislikes most animals but for some reason they adore her.
>>
>>694545

>image board
>eastern Mongolian dating site

Pic one
>>
File: image.jpg (603KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
603KB, 1920x1200px
Not innawoods or anything but animal encounter nonetheless

>freshman year of high school
>walking home from school, going down the back street which runs past an elementary school
>see a little girl standing on the corner, she looks stiff as a board
>in front of her is a large retriever dog of sort
>I could tell something was up but I wasn't sure, walked up (I was behind her) and got between her and the dog
>dog starts doing the classic "I'm going to rip your throat out" growl
>it's foaming a little at the mouth as well
>fuck me, here come the rabies
>take off backpack and hold it like a shield between the dog and me, and put my other hand on the little girl's shoulder, and widen my stance
>lock eyes with the dog, tell little girl it's going to be alright
>then I perform my best possible imitation of a Swedish death metal vocalist and say "FUCK. OFF." as loud as I can to the dog"
>dog growls, and backs away slowly
>don't move a muscle and maintain eye contact with dog until it's out of sight
>walk the little girl home and tell her parents what happened, they call animal control and get the dog
>scariest moment of my life

Pic related was how I felt afterwards
>>
>>699039
i don't get it
>>
>>694308
>be about 16-17 innawoodsing (maine btw).
>a few coyotes checking me out. they follow me around. never really getting too close.
>get close to home they stop and watch me walk away.
>sadfrog.jpg want to stay and play with them, but have to leave.

i've crossed their paths a few times. came within 15ft of a huge yote. conservative guess would be 80lbs at least. it just stared at me for a minute and went on its way. would have loved to have taken that yote for a pelt.
>>
>living in a country with bears/mountain lions/niggers and loose gun laws
>not having a gun on you when /out/

You yanks are idiots desu
>>
>>695071
Bulls scare the shit out of me desu, also cows if I'm not facing them. There's a regular county show near me that always has a few tents with cows for show and judging etc and you have to walk through the tent with cows either side all with their backs to you, and it really fucking unnerves me since I know you can get BTFO if a cow kicks you.
>>
>>698024
How old are you?
>>
>>694929
It would have seemed a bit sketchy to me that he immediately wanted to prove the fact that he could be there, especially without being prompted to
>>
>>694891
alpha as fuck
>>
>>698018
We get it..... You drank alcohol.

Are you sure you're 18 already?
>>
>>695180
Next time kick it in the nose or jaw, bam instant win!
>>
Not really stalked but last night I had something low to the ground and small walking around my camp for like 2 hours. Never could get a light on what it was. Didn't really decide to go chasing after something for no reason either. Right as the moon was bright orange coming over the mountains I heard a coyote let out a yell as to signal the others. All of them within several miles starting howling too. They did it the night before as well. Im thinking to let the other know when the moon is coming so they can hunt the brightness. Whatever it was near my camp went away after that.
>>
>>695462
no plz. This is honestly my biggest fear when camping. Other than psychopaths
>>
>>695055
Dude, that's sad as fauck
>>
>>694891
this story is BS.

even the most retarded mountain lion would have killed you. These things dont show themselves for days before actually attacking, and when they do, they knock down the prey without warning. No showing fangs/roaring, nor letting you unzip jacket and draw a weapon, kek

cool story, though
>>
>>699012
Fishy just wanted to snuggle, that's adorable.

Your mom probly smells good.
>>
>>695112
>With a moose, if they see you, they charge. Endlessly. Moose are unbelievably aggressive.
For anyone reading this who doesn't know already that's a complete lie. Don't approach them, but moose will generally ignore you.
>>
>>694638
kekek
>>
>>694319
A dog was stalking me for a mile on the road barking, it was just a mid sized hound dog. It was barking and barking, and I was drunk. After 15 minutes of it, I just rushed at it screaming with anger and it ran away.
>>
>>695430

You can see where people fall out break the thorn lines.

Gives me a vicarious chuckle maybe.

>>695072
Put a large branch in the way and tie it at either with line.
>>
File: 1430334474440.gif (989KB, 400x261px) Image search: [Google]
1430334474440.gif
989KB, 400x261px
>>700819

Nice try Mr. Moose.
>>
>summer camp
>9th grade
>This year we leave in tents in the woods instead of cabins
>one night walking back from the bathroom
>goat standing in the middle of the path
>Figure, it's a goat it won't do shit
>walk by
>doesn't do shit
>keep going and can hear it walking behind me
>it always stops when I turn around but starts walking faster when I walk
>suddenly turn around and goat is FUCKING CHARGING at me
>fuckin book it to the tent and zip it up
>goat made threatening noises outside tent for quite a while before wandering off

>inb4 you were scared of a goat
>nigga had bigass horns
>>
>>695586
She wanted the d anon
>>
>>700989
Epic
>>
>>699083
I have black friends, and a gun. You are an ass. Also, Yanks? Really? OK Limey... Sorry you have penis envy
>>
>>700615
They totally show teeth, they fucking grin. You haven't seen one in the wild have you?
>>
>>694797
Thank god I am a master baiter.
>>
>>699083
There may be nigs in my country but not in my state, and definitely not innawoods. They stick to inner cities.
Bears and mountain lions aren't actually a threat to non-retarded adult men, even unarmed.
>>
>>695051

>Knows you
>Actively stalks you
>Not afraid of you

Why the fuck didn't you shoot it? You're acting like bait.
>>
>>701920
This was my thought as well. I'd of made killing that cat my top priority.

These stories are epic though. Most people could live in the woods their whole lives and never see one.
>>
>>696657
It was probably a tiger beetle.

>>694308
Not really stalked, but I was on high alert. I broke camp too late and it started to snow. Half way up the mountain I saw bear tracks along the trail, and I knew I wasn't going to make camp again until dark. Never saw the bear, I assume he was fleeing from hunters. Biggest bear tracks I've ever seen.
>>
>going for a job at about 8am
>going up a road that is parallel to a wooded area that comes down from the mountains on one side and homes on the other side.
>House side has sidewalk, other side has gravel overflow parking for a park/parking to use the trails in the nearby forest.
>See two coyotes loping down the sidewalk towards me, so I move over to the gravel side and keep running.
>They follow and switch sides. We get to about 6m away and I stop, realizing they probably think i'm wounded or some shit.
>We stare down for a bit, but I want to keep running so I scoop up a handful of gravel, yell at the closest one to fuck off and throw the gravel at him.
>He retreats about 2m
>I pick up some more gravel, toss it at them and run at them
>They fuck off back into the woods and I keep running
>>
>>703571
>Jog
>>
>>694536
Was probably a Skinwalker
>>
>>695861
nice
>>
>>694536
>a girl came back from the outhouse (about 50 feet away from main site) saying that a pair of eyes were looking at her as she went
>>703643
100% fleshgait/skinwalker/dogman
>>
>>698016
Along with life.
>>
>>698054
This happens here fairly often; but they're coy-wolves and they don't bolt. They'll follow you right down a paved street.
Can't imagine being in the woods at night here; unearthly howling.
>>
>>694308
Three times actually.

>once by a pack of coyotes while hog hunting
>twice by nature enthusiasts during whitetail season looking to impede hunters or spook off deer

Fucking hippies
>>
>>705834
>not "accidentally" shooting one

ygsiu
>>
>>695462
> smell copper

As in "blood smells like copper" or am I missing something?
>>
>>706188
Gonna take a gander and say slenderman? That or some other creature like it.
>>
>>701932
>i'd of
>of
>>
>out for a walk after dark, local field
>no lights, no moon, pitch dark as it can be in town
>knife in pant waistband under jacket because niggers
>halfway around, see people pull up to walk their dog
>they're on the other side of the field from me, we're both heading counterclockwise so we stay opposite
>walk around, about on the other side now
>log fence as a do-not-drive-through barrier around this side of the field
>see something haul ass straight at me, comes from under this log fence
>can't tell what the fuck it is, flash of grey blur
>grab knife, yell at it to give self time
>it's the people's dog
>it was fucking silent, not even panting or wagging its tail
>stops about 4 feet from me, edges around
>the people are on the other goddamned side of the field
>just let their mongrel run at a stranger
>it fucked off when it saw I was ready to kill it
>later, entering trail I came in from, see the people packing their mutt up in their SUV
>don't even look sorry or anything

>about a month ago
>local woods, see 2 dogs, rottweilers or something, about 30 yards
>freeze, they freeze and stare at me
>grab knife
>tense minute
>owner meanders up, leashes the beasts

I hate dogs. Dogs are a bigger threat than bears any day.

>>699083
>loose gun laws

>implying every state has easy laws
>implying you can carry in state parks and the like
>implying some shitlib wouldn't call the police on me legal or not
>>
>worked at a hotel innawoods past summer
>working overnights
>have some responsibilities that require me to walk around the entire property every night
>loadsa bears and big cats in the area
>going out at 3am one night to check the property as per usual
>rustling in the forest near me
>spooked
>keep normal pace and shine flashlight at it
>nothing
>sound follows me around the entire fucking property
>cut the trip short and start returning to the main building
>night shift so i do whatever I please, sit down on a chair
>spooked from whatever was following me
>see movement through the glass door infront of me
>small red fox comes and looks in at me before trotting off

I worked there into the rutting season for meese, I heard some big branch crashes one night and noped so hard I neglected my outdoor duties from thereon.
>>
>collecting insect samples for a uni
>go to croatia
>go deep into the outbacklike part
>lots of dead wood
>thatswhatihavebeensearchingfor.webm
>start dismantling that shit with knifes and shovels
>30 mins in the air really gor quite shouty
>turn around and there is 5 men pointing WW2 mosin nagants at us
>why.jpg
>I have no idea ehat they are shouting
>put hands up just in case
>after a moment realize I am holding my hands up with a hatchet and a knife in them
>drop them
>one guy pisses himself
>approaches
>searches my stuff
>the fuck did I just wander into the most overkill mugging?
>in my backpack boxes upon boxes with testingtubes filled with parasitic wasps and flies
>croatian man looks confused
>they start talking english
tfw they wanted to shoot me for collecting truffles on their turfa.
it was the fucking truffle mafia. they have been stalking me for hours apparently and since i was listening to music I didn't hear.
I would be in a shallow grave now if i had a triffle with me but instead they just left me really confused.

newer go to a country that still has active mine fields after the last civil war and wander the wildnis for hours.
not even the only time i got held at gunpoint in that part of europe.
>>
File: image.jpg (46KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 443x332px
>be me, first time in NQ jungle
>come out of steep river bank back into heavy vegetation
>looking parallel down the creek line being a god boy
>mate reaches over and grabs my shoulder
>'don't make any rash movements anon'
>follow his gaze and lock eyes with the modern day raptor, fucking 10m away is a Cassowary (pic related)
>it has a little ball of feathers standing at its feet
>my asshole starts alternating between being locked tight and comfortably taking a wine bottle sideways
>raise my rifle even though it's only capable of making noise
>he grabs the back of my pack using me as a shield and we slowly retreat down the side of the riverbank.
>>
Not spooky at all, but last year i was staying in the peak district with my brother and brother in law, and the place we were staying had a cat. The first night we were there, this cat just hung around our feet the whole time we were eating and drinking, mainly because we kept feeding it little pieces of food.

Anyway, the next day we went for a day hike, and after about 30 minutes we realised this cat was following us. Every now and then it would disappear for a little while, then we'd see it again. When we stopped for lunch we started giving it little pieces of food again, and the cat followed us all the way back to the pub. It was pretty surreal seeing a domestic tabby on top of the hills.
>>
>>706188
snek
>>
>arizona
>walk onto porch one morning at the crack of dawn
>mountain lion sleeping on porch
>go back inside
>it wakes up and doesnt notice me
>takes one of the pillows i had on my swing and leaves to the rocky area behind my house

cost $30 fuck you
>>
>>695521

In case no one answered this, black bears DO false charge.
>>
File: pickles.jpg (141KB, 648x432px) Image search: [Google]
pickles.jpg
141KB, 648x432px
>>696657
Here I was thinking I've never been stalked, but your story reminded me of the little red squirrel that followed me at Devil's Tower. Greedy little tourist-fed thing, but it was determined I was going to feed it for as long as it was behind me (most tourist critters give up or stay in their area). I've had other squirrels approach me, though--especially ones that live in the tree in front of my apartment. So squirrels are my stalkers, I guess.

Other than that, I don't think I've been stalked. I chased a opossum a few nights ago (they're so cute when they waddle run). When I was a kid walking in our pasture, my dog was walking right next to me. All of a sudden she started growling right where my foot was about to land and I froze. Never, ever heard her growl. I just knew I was about to step on a ball of snakes and started to panic. Looked down and it was a baby deer.

I have had a young cow come full speed across the pasture at my mom and I, but he just wanted to play, so he stopped about 3 feet from us (I dove behind my mom). He was a shit. And most of our bulls have been well behaved. Pickles was my favorite, because he was very young and very angry when we got him. I've never felt such hatred rolling off of an animal, and while my dad was caught behind a tree by him a few times, I never let him get close enough because his attitude was so awful. Eventually he started getting proud, because he was the HUGE, big bad bull and he had all these bitches. Then he hurt his ankle/leg 3 separate times which calmed him, and we calmed him down more by hand-feeding him apples from the orchard, and he went from monstrous to a giant pussycat. I have lots of stories about him, but that's not the point of this thread (I miss you Pickles). Pic related, first day we got him, and he worked himself up so much and was so awful, he finally sat down and passed out while his soon-to-be lady cows just ate around him not giving a fuck.
>>
>>695643
Don't laugh too hard at air guns. A friends brother got into an "altercation" with a kiwi chav equivalent with an air pistol late one night on an urban street.
Now he's blind in one eye. :(
>>
>>701035
What threatening goat noises sounds like?
Thread posts: 146
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.