[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /out/ Just wondering how long you lasted outdoors. Me I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20160218_001334.jpg (248KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160218_001334.jpg
248KB, 720x1280px
Hello /out/
Just wondering how long you lasted outdoors.
Me I've been out since June now.
>>
>>690508
The real question is how long can you go without shitposting?

It's hard for me to make it 12hrs.
>>
>>690514
No just getting a bit bored
Sorry if its shit.
>>
>>690519
I'm just being a dick.

So are you on a vision quest or just homeless?
>>
>>690514
>mad about shit posting
>tripfag
>tripfag
Lel
>>
>>690523
Well no point in paying rent if I'm out so most people would say homeless, but I know my home is wherever I choose to sleep.
>>
And more of a vision quest I'd call it travel.
I even managed to get jobs here and there, and hell life is cheap with no house and shit to pay.
>>
File: image.jpg (13KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13KB, 300x300px
>>690524
Who said anything about being mad?
>>
>>690529
You been stayin somewhere warm for the winter? US?
>>
>>690531
No, had to invest in a good sleeping bag cos my hammock was getting cold as fuck below freezing!
>>
Worked at a summer camp as a counselor for 3 months. Dunno if that counts though. We stayed in very beat to shit cabins, but they had running water. Other than that, we were in the middle of nowhere and our food came from the garden that campers helped maintain and from occasional shipments of stuff like meat and condiments from a small truck that made the trip once a session (once every 2 weeks)

I miss that place dearly
>>
>>690508
I flip flop... 6 months out, 6 months rat race. Can't wait for the out part to come around again. What do you do for money? food?
>>
Spent most of the 90s living out of a k10 suburban, worked logging, crab fishing, forest fire fighter, heavy equipment mechanic (for outdoor jobs) and prospected. Just traveled with the seasons.

>I miss it every fucking day.
>>
>>690534
how do you poop in the winter?
>>
>>690514

anon, how is this shitposting?
>>
>>690655
Food is always no 1 concern.
When in the forests I have got by with some rice, and the rest I foraged. But when staying closer to cities I like go ask shops for their throwouts or hit markets at closing time.
Otherwise I just buy it if I have to.

Last job been working wood for carpentry firm, also provided neat forest to stay in with no worries.

>>690747
Dig a hole, lower your pants, poop it out, close hole, rinse ass, dry, pull up pants.
Was that really necessary?
>>
File: 20150727_174958.jpg (4MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20150727_174958.jpg
4MB, 4128x2322px
>>690508

Lived out in the forest for six months. It was so nice and peaceful....funny being homeless, wanting to get a job and a place, now that I have those things, I miss the days I was the bum of the forest. Only went to town maybe once a week for some supplies...few cans foods, more ammo for my 22, weed and alcohol, lol.

The area I was in, the only ppl I ever seen was dirt bikers and quaders.

Went back to my site last summer, this is the view I woke up to every day.
>>
>>690850
Very nice! Although i have only settled down for more days in the same place for works I'd really love to find a place to build a hut and know I can go back there, maybe just my settler instincts overwhelming my nomad state of mind.
What you need a gun for? Get arrested?
Also might I advise that cans are the worst type of food you can get imho? No need to carry around all that water with you, and then you have trash to carry out!

So fun going into villages and getting astonished reactions of people after they know you can actually live in forests!
>>
>>690508
About 7 days - had planned for about 3-4 weeks but the weather was shit literally all of these 7 days which kind of drained my motivation to climb more mountains because the sight this whole time was 50m max.
>>
>>690859

Can goods was mostly just bush's baked beans, cream of mushroom, just a few odds and ends. I had a cooler that I'd keep cold goods in, like meat and stuff of that nature. I had a vehicle, so hauling my trash out was not a big deal.

I had nine guns total with me, pretty much all were kept locked up in my trunk, besides my shotgun and my Glock 19 that I kept arms reach (handgun on hip)... my firearms were a source of quick cash if I needed to sell. The shotgun and pistol was more a deterrent from cougars that are in the area...sure it's a giant ninja cat, the chances of it getting me, with out me ever seeing it was high,it did bring a piece of mind. The 22 was just for plinking, as well as bagging a few rabbits.

never got arrested, hell I never seen a park ranger, game warden or any sort of person in law enforcement.
>>
>>690867
But in a can of baked beans you have about 40% water, I don't comprehend why people don't just buy the dry and cook them, way cheaper too!
Anyway I think we have very different views of the outdoors (frankly I still can't think up any good reason one would need guns) but hey, the world is cool because we're all different!
>>
>>690871

That 40% water is yummy though, plus it's some thing quick to eat. I'm from Alaska, plenty of animals that can easily kill you, so going out in the woods with out a fire arm is just dumb. It also gives me options on how to provide food for myself with hunting, as well as finding edible plants/fungi to nom nom on. I take it you live in a area with lil to none predators?
>>
>>690876
Why not bear mace? Much more effective even for humans!
No here our luckily our worst concern are packs of easily scared wolfs or rabid dogs, sticks work fine enough and I don't have to carry them around.
Sorry but any pre-packaged food started to taste like shit to me after the first month of foraging, and it just wont fill me up.
I find plants to be much more reliable and much less energy-consuming than hunting.
Then there is fishing which i find to be a great resource if you know what your doing.
>>
>>690880
>SHALL
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.