[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Water bottles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 10

File: Selection_006.png (256KB, 581x443px) Image search: [Google]
Selection_006.png
256KB, 581x443px
I want to upgrade my water system and buy a new stainless steel water bottle at the moment i go with a 32 oz nalgene bottle and a glass 12nz bottle (for hot liquid such as te) but i want to switch to a stainless steel one and the 2 i'm focused are the nalgene and the klean kanteen but there are some differences the nalgene is made with 18/10 surgical steel and the klean is made with 18/8 food steel both are made in china and both are single wall but i have heard that the klean kanteen is more prone to leaking and brokes while the nalgene it should be more durable
what's your opinion on water bottle ? and what is your water system right now ? i'm curios
>>
File: 20160217_141723.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160217_141723.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>690211
This is my current system
>>
>>690211
Get the plastic bottle system.
>>
>>690215
this, you rarely ever need to filter water
>>
>>690211
The Nalgene is actually 38 ounces
>>
>>690211
I own both. Actually bought 3 nalgene because shortage on the squarish bottom.

Nalgene is more robust, hard to dent. It uses standard 54mm caps,and therefore is compatible with nalgene, camelbak caps and the awesome source convertube.

Kk is very good too, but uses proprietary cap. It holds little more water, It also fits in most mugs like the nalgene. It's more easily available too.

I'm a nalgene fan to be honest
>>
KK works well
>>
File: 38072fl_lg.jpg (42KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
38072fl_lg.jpg
42KB, 700x700px
Just use these
>>
File: 1134516-trek2902.jpg (30KB, 448x336px) Image search: [Google]
1134516-trek2902.jpg
30KB, 448x336px
since when is a canteen a water system?
>>
>>690247
I do live in a place where water is no easy stuff to find and when you find it needs to be cleaned plas I don't like plastic even if it's BPA free I think that stainless is more healthy
>>
>>690493
It always amuses me when people get paranoid about BPA in the water that spends like a day in their Nalgene bottle.

Meanwhile, most soda cans and cans of food contain BPA coating on the inside to prevent a metallic taste to the food/liquid. And these cans sit on a shelf for like a year, letting BPA potentially leach into it.

The moral of the story is BPA is a booga-bear that people shouldn't obsess over.
>>
>>690481
Cantina and canteen are two different things.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-02-12-20-50-14.png (559KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-02-12-20-50-14.png
559KB, 1440x2560px
Hydro Flask is pretty dope. Worth the money
>>
>>690498
Not to mention the aluminum salts that get in your drink if the coating breaks
>>
I just use plastic bottles where bottled water comes in. I have two aluminium flasks but don't really see the point.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
>>690211
Everyone on /out/ knocks on my Guyots but they are the shit and the lids are amazing. They have a nice lip to attach a wire for a bail aswell. My 32oz is my daily drinker cause I don't mind if a tapered bottom gets beat up cause it's not designed to sit in a fire but is able to boil above it. My 38 oz can but shoved into a fire, though I usually just use a wire bailer.
I'm going to post my punishment the 32 oz has been through in my next post
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
>>690664
Been tossed more than a few handfuls of times. There's some dings on the sides but essentially, if you drop this on rocks all it'll need is to be popped back from the inside or left as is with character.
>>
>>690638
really? I keep circling on this for my 'yak. I think they're like $34 USD, double walled.
Need to measure cup holders in the 'yak before buying and then get a leash.
I've got 3+yr old Poland spring liter & 1.5 liter bottles that I reuse for hiking and gym.
>>
>>690669
Seè that's one of the main reason I wan a stainless steel water bottle I know that nalgene BPA free are almost indestructible but if during a hike I drop it on a rock I don't want to be without water .....are u sure that all that damage (seems like a lot) hasn't affected the bottle ?
>>
>>690832
>I know that nalgene BPA free are almost indestructible but if during a hike I drop it on a rock I don't want to be without water

Dude you are not going to break a Nalgene. You're probably more likely to puncture a metal bottle than to crack a Nalgene.
>>
40oz KK with the slim top and sports cap.

The wide mouth doesn't take the sports cap, and every other KK cap required two hands to open.

Had mine a year or so. Dropped it plenty. Boiled it in the fire plenty. Attached a shitty bailing wire handle. It's good m8 you're not going to crack a stainless steel water bottle just relax
>>
File: IMG_20131009_140254.jpg (2MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20131009_140254.jpg
2MB, 2592x1944px
>>690211
here's muh girls

i like the "hoop" tops as i can really crank down on them and i've NEVER had one leak but they can be hard to open...but not if u put a lighter (or stick or sumthin) in the loop and use it like a breaker bar

ive had milk shakes REfreeze in the double wall
i dont know how it just did

> my oldest and most used one (the 40oz) is made in usa
>>
>>691077
That is a nice collection mate ....my biggest concern right now with kk and nalgene is that they are made in China ...the one made in USA must be very old
>>
>>690638
The enamel chips off if you drop it, it's relatively heavy, and the cap retainer will break if you abuse it (just like any bottle), but I love mine. Retains heat/cold like absolutely nothing else, and is tough as nails. The chipping is just aesthetic, and personally, I think it looks real neat.
>>
File: IMG_20131011_150416.jpg (3MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20131011_150416.jpg
3MB, 2592x1944px
>>691122
i dont worry about it but i think i understand your concern (steel contamination?)

but if thats your concern my take is that we cant confirm ANY steel source even in US manufactured products

i am very happy with my KK's
i bought them we they were the only ones making them (i think) and i like to support small(er) business

but i dont know what i would do if i was buying them now

>enjoying some sun with the KK cup
>ice won't melt in the memphis summer
>>
>>690481
since lids, filters, coffee presses, cups, and all sorts of other stuff are made to fit or work with it.
>>
>>690638
can you put it in a fire?
>>
Would you all say a water filer and purification system must be brought for a +2 day trip? If so which do you recommend? The ones I've seen seem expensive, but I'm new at this so I'd appreciate the guidance.
>>
>>691184
not anon but I don't think so, those Hydroflasks have a coating of sorts on them.
>>
>>691184
Nope
>>
>>691193
It all depends on where you are going if you know that there a river or a water source on the way and the water is clean and not contained than no you don't need a filter but if you don't know where the water come from I suggest you bring at least a "life straw" 25 euro on Amazon or just a metal cup to boil it and clean if from any strange parasites
>>
>>690832
I've never had a leak and can still boil water. It's prolly a bit weaker but al long as this is a strictly water container (burned starches and sugars aren't preferred for my drinking vessels) you should be fine.
It's usually when people use oil in weakened containers are where breakdowns occur; I find.
>>
>>691528
Me here again, if your worried about indestructabilty just go with the regular Nalgene. But since your worried about the bpa thing idk if they make one without. Remember almost everything has bpa nowadays... Receipts, containers in cans, boxed like containers such as the tetrapak ones and the paper boxes with Mac n cheese.
>>
http://www.selfrelianceoutfitters.com/gen3-stainless-steel-32-oz-bottle-and-nesting-cup-set/
>>
File: K64CSLK-DA_large.jpg (14KB, 343x480px) Image search: [Google]
K64CSLK-DA_large.jpg
14KB, 343x480px
i have a few pic related

they're expensive but aweeesoooomme

they only get fucked up when they get run over by trucks.. i know this from experience
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.