[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Diogenes syndrome? Show me!! Only OC pics. Why do you have more

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 13

File: P2080032.jpg (3MB, 4608x3456px) Image search: [Google]
P2080032.jpg
3MB, 4608x3456px
Diogenes syndrome?
Show me!!
Only OC pics.
Why do you have more than one of the same?
>>
File: 1hQ94uZ.gif (501KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1hQ94uZ.gif
501KB, 320x180px
>>683446
>>Electronic compass
>>empty battery
>>2016
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>683446
>>
I'll cop to being a bit of a gear fag and have more than one of somethings, but I don't feel bad about it because I go /out/ a lot and everything I own gets used.

Everything gets dirty, nothing sits in the closet with the tags still on.
>>
>>683495
nice
>>
I have this problem but not with /out/ stuff. With tools and outdoor stuff I'm very practical and minimal. However, I have like 40 microphones and can't stop buying/making them D:
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>683508
That's just the spinner box too. And stuff is constantly growing. This pic is from a month or two ago and there's already a handful of new ones. That box is overflowing now.

There's the lures I like and end up grabbing one of every color. Then the lures I want to use more but haven't had a ton of luck with, so I end up getting a different color or size of those as well.
>>
>>683509
post pics plox
>>683514
moar pic!! i love this
>>
File: IMG_20150302_204817349.jpg (91KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150302_204817349.jpg
91KB, 800x600px
Because sponsors?
Bought the pack on the right about 8 years ago. I was one of the first riders with that brand pack in the US.
Now I get a late-model pack to ride in and evaluate every year, but still keep my old one around. It's been nice to have that spare pack a couple times.
Jackets/pants, same deal. "Hey, email me your sizes when you get a chance", and a couple weeks later I get a box on my porch.

Two beacons ... upgraded from a 2-antenna to a 3-antenna a couple years back. Batteries die, someone leaves theirs at home, whatever... i've got a spare.

Also if i'm travelling or riding for more than a few days, it's nice to have another set of gear that's dry, especially if I soak one.
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>683560
Ehh, I don't feel like taking all the shit out again. There is too much damn stuff in that tackle bag.

Pic related is my soft bait box that barely closes. I have to make sure I push all the air out of the bags before I close it. There are bags of stuff buried other bags and then some. This is why I'm thinking about getting a smaller second bag. I can keep some stuff I use more frequently in a smaller bag and the big one won't be quite as crowded until I buy more stuff for it in the future.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>683565
>>
>>683495
>>683514
>>683565
>>683566
moarrrrrrrrrrrrrrr show me more dude
i love this pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
File: parabolly_Fotor_Collage.jpg (296KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
parabolly_Fotor_Collage.jpg
296KB, 1200x900px
>>683560
>post pics plox
i don't have pix like Peps does because my mics are all individually packed away, so i've never had them all out and on display at one time. doing that would be completely not /out/ related anyay. but here are the mics/rigs i use for /out/ recording. binaural sphere, parabolic mic, jecklin disk/spaced omni setup

i wish it wasn't winter -_-
>>
>>683569
I don't get it. This dude's are much more interesting. >>683586

I really want to learn how to audio so I can mic up my drums. I also need an extra $2000+ to do it.
>>
>>683586
explain this blue ball... what do?
>>
>>683586
You gotta get pics of it all for "inventory and insurance" purposes bruh.

It was also nice to see what was actually all buried in there. I forget sometimes.
>>
File: IMG_0098.jpg (289KB, 933x1212px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0098.jpg
289KB, 933x1212px
>>683617
well, we could talk about that but it's big and complicated. speshally drums. let me now when you got the money for it though!

>>683618
it's a sphere microphone (made from a bowling ball). there are two mics embedded in it like ears. the time difference, level difference, and transfer function between the two mics is approximately the same as the human head. so, when ii'm recording through it the recodings sound nearly "binaural" (the way we hear). the effect is most vivid with headphones. the thing is, because it doesn't have actual pinnae (outer ears) or shouler, it's not strictly binaural. it's very immersive but you won't get the feeling of elevation from it. also, if it had outer ears it wouldn't work as well through speakers, you'd need headphones. the sphere itself is immersive and vivid, but sounds ok through both speakers and headphones. the jecklin disk (on the right) does something similar but it's even more useful through speakers, and i can use much better microphones with it, and it doesn't weight 15lbs, so i can pack it down and hoof it greater distances. pic is a closeup of one of its earholes.

this is a recording done with the binaural ball. use headphones if you can! (wait for the mosquito btw):
https://clyp.it/cfkvyxef

>>683625
yeah i have it inventoried in an app that manages gear, but i don't have pics of my exact mics. damn insurance company's gonna want pics with timestamps if something bad happens
>>
File: 1454210539811.gif (68KB, 300x153px) Image search: [Google]
1454210539811.gif
68KB, 300x153px
>>683495
>>683514
>>683565
>>683566
>>
File: 1449264133436.jpg (95KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
1449264133436.jpg
95KB, 900x600px
>>683446
Can someone explain why the compases north points in OP's picture point in different directions? Does holding compases closely together distort their accuracy?

I am sometimes in an outdoor store and hold a bunch of identical compases next to each other and they point in different directions, sometimes by up to 90°. This makes me paranoid that I might buy one that is inaccurate..
>>
>>683446
fuck me running, at least I now know what my problem is and it actually has a name...

>Diogenes syndrome, also known as senile >squalor syndrome, is a disorder characterized >by extreme self-neglect, domestic squalor, >social withdrawal, apathy, compulsive >hoarding of garbage, and lack of shame.

If by garbage this doesn't mean literal garbage/trash but tons of 'crap'
>>
File: Geo nova.png (188KB, 878x660px) Image search: [Google]
Geo nova.png
188KB, 878x660px
>>683948
You can't hold a compass near any metallic objects (including other compasses) or you will get a bogus reading. If you have a watch on your domininant hand, take it off. Don't take readings under power lines, and keep in mind that some geologic features (such as underground minerals) can throw off compass work. That's why you should contact your local natural resources department before setting off on a trek. They can provide you with this information.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.