[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Minnesota /out/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: attachment_51324369.jpg (66KB, 700x464px) Image search: [Google]
attachment_51324369.jpg
66KB, 700x464px
Good /out/ locations in Minnesota? Specifically looking for some 3 day trails, if you guys know of any. Also, Minnesota /out/ general, if there are many of you guys here.
>>
>>681342
The big one would be the BWCA... if you haven't been there, go ASAP!
>>
>>681342
>BWCAW
This. It is very highly regulated though. There's also a lot national forest land up north that's slightly less tightfisted.
>>
Not a Minnesotafag, but I'm planning on passing through Superior National Forest and Voyageurs National Park this summer. I've heard the mosquitoes are numerous, but it can't be much worse than Alaska.
>>
>>681342
Do something on the superior hiking trail, a loop that goes through split rock would be my recomendation. We've also got the Kekekabic and the border route trails. Theres also some of the NCT that runs separate from those. There the govenor Knolls trail just on the otherside of the river in WI.
>>
>>681408
It depends a lot on the weather we get and where you are. If its really wet that year and you are close to water it can get pretty bad, but I have yet to make it up to AK, so no good comparison from me.
>>
File: DSC_0105.jpg (207KB, 1510x1000px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0105.jpg
207KB, 1510x1000px
>>681424
Typical evening in Alaska summer. It's pretty bad.
>>
>>681430
That doesn't look to far off the mark for what you could run into. I feel as though I have been lucky enough with bugs in MN where I don't have a great prespective on what the average should be.
>>
File: image.jpg (173KB, 1024x623px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
173KB, 1024x623px
Where my dirtbikers at?
>>
File: DSC06848_-L.jpg (33KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
DSC06848_-L.jpg
33KB, 800x533px
>>681435
Rode MN a few years back. 2manymosquitos4me.

Must say it was fun dualsporting across the north shore with a Colorado plate on the tail. "You ... colorado ... dirt bike ... shit dude that's hardcore"
>>
>>681430
I spent a week on the Yukon North Slope for work.
I should have taken more pictures of the bugs up there. It was unbelievable at times.
And apparently we were there in the "low" part of the summer for mosquitoes.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.