[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm a uni student who went to a shitty state uni (university

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: backpack1.jpg (31KB, 316x237px) Image search: [Google]
backpack1.jpg
31KB, 316x237px
So I'm a uni student who went to a shitty state uni (university of Vermont) because I thought it would have a great outdoors program and I could do my favorite activity in the world, backpacking, every weekend.

Well It more seems people here are just interested in smoking weed and watching Netflix so I'm unable to find anyone to go backpacking with. They have an outing club but it requires exouberant sums to go on the trips.

What's the best way to get out and go as much as I can if I can't find people here? Is there backpacking groups or should I just go on solo trips? I have all the gear but not a car as I'm only a freshman.
Does anyone know of any good weekend trips around the Burlington area?
>>
>>680811
You live in Vermont just go.

t. Nebraskan
>>
>>680811
Those girls look sturdy, like they know what its like to be the bottom of the pyramid
>>
Smoking weed and watching netflix is pretty great, anon.

But keep working on finding more clubs, or try to form your own. A lot of universities will let you form your own club if you can demonstrate a need, and some of them even give you some seed money as well.

Or you can form a group on meetup.com, although if you don't have a car that kind of makes that hard.

Worst case scenario smoke weed and watch netflix, and then work a job over the summer so you can afford some of those trips next year.
>>
>>680811
Are you on crack OP?
Bershires, Eastern upper NY, Monadnock (sp), Green Mtns, White Mtns, Kanc, Rangely Maine area, Baxter (pushing it for a weekend)
and those are top of head without thought.
>>
>>680838
fuck me, I just read no car
sucks to be you
find like minded people who drive, you are in the middle of an incredible area.
>>
>>680811

Would it be cost prohibitive for you to just cab it to a trailhead, youngin'?
>>
>>680827
>But keep working on finding more clubs, or try to form your own. A lot of universities will let you form your own club if you can demonstrate a need, and some of them even give you some seed money as well.

This. Say it's for the gays and minorities or whatever and they'll just throw a bunch of money at you.
>>
>find REI
>ask employees about outings
>go backpacking
>profit
>>
OP, there are hundreds of people around you who do the things that you do. If you're not a tool, they would do them with you.

you just have to find them. Craigslist? Ultimate frisbee? Contra dances? Flyers at teh co-op? It can't be that hard.
>>
>>680897
Good Lord.

I just went to craigslist and found this:
https://burlington.craigslist.org/kid/5397091229.html
Hook up with some of that ginger. Mabybe she's got a rocking buddy under that hot grin.
>>
>>680867
I might try this. There's a nearby REI.
I never know they organised trips though, are they expensive usually?
>>
I don't get why so many of you /out/ guys feel like you can't do anything alone. This board probably has the most excuses for not doing cool shit I've ever seen on 4chan.
>>
>>680947
Of course it's expensive it's r.e.i. where some basic bitch winter gloves start at $70. Where a button down shirt with vented armpits will cost you $80+.
>>
I used to live in Burlington, I was a conservation crew leader for the VYCC in Richmond. Just go to OGE and pick up a flier or take a class. I really feel like these opportunities should be hitting you in the face.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.