[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone in the south east ever front country camp in a national

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Untitled.png (33KB, 1444x837px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
33KB, 1444x837px
Anyone in the south east ever front country camp in a national forest at the end of a county road? Anyone know if that's even allowed?

I don't have backpacking gear or anything and really just want to get away from people for a few days. Would be nice to just drive somewhere and camp out of my car in the middle of the woods. Wish I lived out west where it wasn't so populated.

Pic related. Kind of place I'd like to just sit for a couple days.
>>
>>680595
In national forestry land, you are allowed to camp for up to sixteen days, should use existing fire pits if you find one, and always pack out everything you pack in. If you want to camp for more than sixteen days, you have to move at least five miles away.

The only exceptions I'm aware of, is if the land also falls under certain state jurisdictions, but I've only seen where they limits use to fourteen days.

Hope this helps.
>>
Also, certain states require fire permits or ban fires, CA is notable for this. You're probably fine, not too likely you'd run into anyone anyway, and usually you'd only get a warning if you're going off of information on the federal forestry website and just weren't familiar with other local limitations.
>>
>>680595
while there is a thread about stuff like this, anybody know if there are any places i can go camping in mass? not a noisy campsite with a shitload of other people camping near each other, like real innawoods that should have at least a mile an a half away from other people (unless there is somebody else doing real camping in the area)
>>
>>680644
Find a national forest and look up the usgs topo map for it, iirc established sites with fire pits are marked. Its only really helpful to look for them when you already know the area that you want to camp in.
>>
>>680647
i tried doing that, the state forests here are either filled with shitty campsites or don't say anything about camping
>>
I'd be too afraid of being raped to death by some meth head. Good luck, OP!
>>
>>680664
>raped to death by some meth head

Have you ever heard of stimdick? I'd be more worried the meth head would just shoot me or something.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.