[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are you all planning for when the weather gets a bit warmer?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: 1443295208032.jpg (621KB, 2208x1533px) Image search: [Google]
1443295208032.jpg
621KB, 2208x1533px
What are you all planning for when the weather gets a bit warmer?

Want to take my first trip to Porcupine Mountains in the U.P. (Michigan). Lived here my whole life and never been. That and pictured rocks. I'm tired of making excuses every summer.
>>
>>678978
I'll definitely be getting out on the lakes more often for fishing. I hate fishing in the winter; it's just cold, wet, and miserable. I also have some 2-3 day hiking trips planned for spring/summer in the Ozarks, and MAYBE a ~10 day backpacking trip on the Lone Star Trail in TX.
>>
2015 was my first year homeless mainly innawoods. I didnt prepare for winter, so had to yield and couch-surf the coldest months.

this year i must make million firewoods in preparation for winter. also thinking of building small guerilla sauna :)
>>
I'd like to go to Snowdonia , have any canons been ? Any advice?
>>
care to elaborate?
>>
File: byck.gif (3MB, 400x205px) Image search: [Google]
byck.gif
3MB, 400x205px
i just want to get back out on the bike. when you start getting older you have to keep fit or you lose it. my friends are fat lazy pieces of shit and we can't even go hiking anymore. at some point in their early 30s they just suddenly became unfit. I'm not letting it happen to me
>>
>>679612
Worried about this, where do you bike at bro?
>>
>>679655
i live in a pretty rural area, so i bike the streets around my area. it's all hilly and woodsy and there's some ponts to bike around and shit like that. if i want to go a little further there are a number of state parks and such that have trails of varying difficulty and danger

At 33, if I stop for like a month I can tell I've slipped back. You gotta stick to it!
>>
>>679612
Just turned 31 last week, looking to get into biking while I recover from an ankle/knee injury
>>
>>679686
biking's the best imho. what are you looking at specifically - road, mountain, hybrid? trails? city? stationary?
>>
>>679689
Hybrid, got a local park with a lot of bike trails, some dirt some pavement. Not sure what type of bike to even look into
>>
>>679690
they have good hybrid bikes, sometimes called "dirt path" bikes. basically it's a tire somewhere between a mountain and road bike, both in terms of thickness and diameter. i used to have a gary fisher hybrid (which is basically a trek signature series brand), and it was awesome. good on dirt, but fast as fuck too
>>
File: DSC02508_-L.jpg (129KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
DSC02508_-L.jpg
129KB, 800x600px
Motorcycle needs a piston and fork seals, knock that out in the spring and ride the piss out of it till the snow falls again.

>>679612
Fuckin' A truth right there.
Spent more time last summer riding an office chair than I did my moto... and this winter it showed. 17 days on the snow in January (9 at work) and I'm finally getting back into decent shape...
>>
>>678978
Nice ideas op. Im a michigander too and went backpacking in pictured rocks last summer and porkies the summer before. Western up is pretty much unlike the whole rest of michigan. What do you plan on doing there and what time of year u going?

This summer im going on a field geology course either to yellowstone/grand tetons or iceland. Then someplace in michigan to backpack.
>>
>>679801
Aw shit, I've been planning a trip to iceland myself. I'm thinking about hitting the porker in june, pictured rocks maybe July or august, I havery to check getting time off from work still for all that. Any suggestions for the porkies? Saw some cabins that look comfy. Specifically the one right on one of the inland lakes, think it was called mirror lake 2 cabin. Comes with a canoe and just really appeals to me. Probably bring my tent too for other nights around but something about that cabin...
>>
>>678978
I was in the porcupine mountains summer of 14 for 4 days. Definitely my favorite place so far and I'd love to go back. I'm in Illinois so I'm going to try to find places in Indiana to hit too.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.