[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bears

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 150
Thread images: 30

File: WqhWqb8.webm (3MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
WqhWqb8.webm
3MB, 720x404px
Can we get a bear thread going?

How has everyone's bear experience been?

I have bearly any experience with bears in the wild.
>>
fuck bears
>>
>>673891
>hating bears
Get fucked, faggot
>>
>>673890
Most you can bodyslam into unconsciousness, but if you see a polar bear just fucking run.

On a lighter note, don't stand under a bear that's about to get tranquilized by rangers, my dad worked as one for a bit and saw a colleague get a faceful of shit. Must've been pretty hilarious desu, the guy quit a few days later.
>>
>>673911

want to enjoy nature, not abide by faggot canister rentals and bullshit hippy rules requiring you to tie your fucking food in a tree

no bear has the fucking balls to poke into your tent while you are sleeping in it anyway, who the fuck decided it would be a good idea to tie your fucking food in a tree?

and have you noticed the california flag?
literally has a grizzly bear right on it, because this state USED to be the home of many grizzly bears, but not anymore, because nobody wants an annoying bear faggot all up in your woods

california was also home to a subspecies of grizzly which put the kodiac bears to shame
>>
File: xVUGEd8.gif (2MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
xVUGEd8.gif
2MB, 360x270px
>>673890
>>bearly any experience
>>
I was on a vision quest* about a year and a half ago and was being stalked by a black bear until about 2am. I finaly decided it was unwise to sleep so in the middle of the night I huffed it all the way the fuck out of the woods. Shit sucked Ć’ams.

*not an actual vision quest, that's just what I call my solo campouts
>>
>>673917
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fatal_bear_attacks_in_North_America

CTRL + F "tent"
>>
>>673917
Raccoon, fox, badger, rats, squirrels, forest golems, hippies
>>
>>673917
wolverines can get in your backpack
>>
I saw a bear's shit while backpacking at philmont, but that's it.
>>
One time camping at a commercial campground (army Corp of engineers campground in Allegheny national forest) we were all gathered around the fire, having a grand ole time.

I needed another beer, and my cooler was out. So I walk by myself to our other campsite, maybe 50 yards away. It's dark, and as I approach the site, there's a black bear 10 feet from me as I round the corner. He has his head buried in one of our plastic totes. The bears there learn in a hurry where food is, and are pretty good are ripping apart plastic containers.

So this bear looks at me, grabs something from the tote and runs off like a bolt of furry black lightning. The next day we went out in the woods behind the site, and found what he took. There were empty fig newton wrappers everywhere. We also found what else he ate. There was a 1 gallon pail of sour patch kids that he ate all of. I don't know how that bear didn't have explosive diarrhea after 40 fig newtons and a gallon of sour patch kids.

Next night he was back, and same thing, walked up on him and he bolted. Totes were more secure so he didn't get anything then. Next night after that we heard a sound and he was in the back of my cousin'cousin's truck getting into totes. Left some good scratches jumping out of the truck.
>>
File: IMGP4602.jpg (315KB, 1230x814px) Image search: [Google]
IMGP4602.jpg
315KB, 1230x814px
>>673942
i found pooh pooh once too, almost stepped in it!
>>
File: urrrmuhgurrrd.jpg (29KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
urrrmuhgurrrd.jpg
29KB, 604x453px
>>673926
Goddamn, I feel bad for those people, but there are even some that lived in slightly remote areas that a bear went in one of their fucking windows. :/
>>
>>673949
yup. the chance of being set-upon by a bear is whicked small, but then there are these freak instances where bears just go through a window, chase your ass up the stairs, follow you out onto the roof, and eat you alive. this is why you don't fucking feed bears, ever. if you feed a bear and someday it ends-up persuing and killing someone (in a non-self-defense situation), i reckon you share in the blame.
>>
>>673890
>>/hm/
Wrong board faggot
>>
>>673973
wicked clever joke cap'm

https://youtu.be/FClAikNoJ2I
>>
>>673890
>I have bearly any experience
Oy you cheeky cunt
>>
>>673945
Heh.

Here in AK all our small towns have garbage dumps and they attract the shit outta small bears. They straight eat garbage night after night with no problems.

You could be like 'shit I left that 5 gallon bucket of pig intestines and fish carcasses out in the sun for a week and it rotted, better haul it down to the dump'. You'd puke in it a couple of times on the way it was so revolting. That night a bear would go head first into it and eat his way to the bottom and lick the sides clean, no fucking problem for him.
>>
File: 1422860615762.jpg (39KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1422860615762.jpg
39KB, 500x375px
If a bear attacks you and your only option is to fight back. How would you fight back with a knife?

Situation 1 is a 800 pound grizzly

Situation 2 is a 200 pound black bear
>>
>>673890
Had a bear playing kick the can (or more of pushing it around with its nose) outside my cabin. Took a flashlight and we just stared at each other for a bit.
Cute little bastard desu

>Select oceans
>all of them are rivers
>>
I've seen several black and a few grizzly bears. Some within ~20 feet or so.

The scariest was probably when I saw a grizzly cub foraging around beside the trail. I never saw it's mom, but I really didn't want her to worry about me harming little Pooh, so I talked loudly to him as soon as I saw him, and kept up the talking and a measured pace until I was well away.
>>
>>674001
>Grizzly
don't know, probably cry and accept my death

>Black Bear
realise the bear is actually just afraid of me and bluffing an attack, proceed to hand feed it some grapes and gain it's trust
>>
File: 1445039504791.png (160KB, 2053x2041px) Image search: [Google]
1445039504791.png
160KB, 2053x2041px
>>673890
>>
File: fluffy_squirrel_by_skidznet.jpg (103KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
fluffy_squirrel_by_skidznet.jpg
103KB, 900x675px
>>673930
>forest golems

Hate these bastards
>>
>>674001
Tear off my shirt and watch the bear's eyes widen at my massive bearishness
>>
>>673951

no, its not small
that is total bullshit

the chance is 'small' because relatively few people go out into the deep wilderness. real backpacking wilderness not accessible by any vehicle where no humans live. the further you go out, the more wild they get.

i had a blonde colored massive large 'black' bear stalk us and came charging down a mountain straight into our camp. he must have been 800 yards away, but the charge was a total predatory type maneuver, like you could tell this bear was a fucking murderer, they type that snatch people from their fucking tents at night like in that wikipedia article on bear attacks posted further above in this thread...

seriously what the fuck type of animal other than a fucking bear will snatch you from a tent and drag you off into the night like this?

fuck man

fuck

bears
>>
>>674001
https://youtu.be/iIpfWORQWhU
If any anon likes this song, remember that you're the GOAT
>>
>>674013
Reminds me of this time I was trail running around Kalispell, MT, and came upon three grizzly Cubs trotting along the tree line approximately 25 yards away. I've never been more afraid in my life. Turned around and ran as fast as I could for at least 5 minutes, then slowed down and ran al the way back to town. Never saw momma.
>>
>>674041
So did you shoot it?
>>
>>673917
>no bear has the fucking balls to poke into your tent while you are sleeping in it anyway,
I wish /out/ wasn't so full of morons speaking with complete confidence about things they have no fucking clue about
>>
Worked as a YMCA camp counselor in TN this past summer, we had a bear issue the first half of the summer. A mama black bear and her two cubs made our camp their home for a while, because the berries (Their primary food source atm) had not sprouted on a nearby mountain.

The maintenance guy, Bobby, would just freeze paintballs and shoot the mama if he saw her and they'd fuck off for a few days, or his scary ass rottweiler, Karen would bark at her.

The only direct contact I had was when they were getting into the trash bins near the boy's cabins after lunch one day. The counselors had decided to codename the bear as "Batman", to not freak all the little kids out. Walking up the hill, one of the counselors smelled the bear shit.

We came around a bend in the trail, and sure enough, there they were, the mama going ham on some camper trash, and the cubs in a tree. We started shouting at them and blowing our tiny backpack whistles. We spooked them so bad one of the cubs fell straight out of the tree. They ran off, and the kids didnt stop talking about it for days. Good times.
>>
>>673925
Jesus I'd be scared absolutely shitless
>>
File: DSCF0675.jpg (486KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF0675.jpg
486KB, 1280x960px
One time I pulled over on a road, after looking for cars, and stepped out to take a piss and heard rustling in the bushes. I got back in my truck and this popped out of the bushes.
>>
>>673890
I've been within an arm's length of Brown bears while salmon fishing. Under those circumstances, the effort/reward of killing you just doesn't make sense because it's a distraction from gorging on salmon. It's still scary as shit.
>>
Hypothetical question here...

I live in an area with no grizzly, polar, brown bears etc... The kind that will obliterate you... Just black bears in these parts

Anyways I am a large man ... 6'4 ... 300 lbs... Heavier than most black bears, what would my chances be if worse comes to worse and I have to fight for my life?

I always hang my food and take precautions etc but I always wondered if I was armed with a knife is there like any chance of me living ? Or should I just leave it at home and hope I never get into that situation
>>
>>674351
Also to add to this I've heard that if you're in a group there's like zero chance they're going to attack given the numbers advantage ... Any experiences ?
>>
>>674351
you can win, there are numerous reports on men fighting bears and surviving

Here's one nearest me: http://metro.co.uk/2013/05/27/shepherd-kills-brown-bear-with-his-bare-hands-after-squeezing-its-throat-3810110/
>>
>>674074

no guns
didnt even have pepper spray

i had bought a tiny keychain spray but it fell off along the trail somewhere
>>
>>674448
How'd you get away
>>
File: CIMG0711 - Copy.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
CIMG0711 - Copy.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
>>673890
Bears are awesome. I had a mama bear and her cubs come to my campsite, quite possibly my favorite experience in my life thus far. Pic related. That's the only time I've seen them up close in the wild, once or twice while driving but not right in front of me or beside me.

I didn't carry bear spray then, I do now. I'm careful with my food, bear bags or in the car if it's available. The experience didn't leave me fearing bears at all, I'd still love to see more of them in the wild, just preferably from a littler further away.

>>673891
Sounds like a dangerous proposition. Would not recommend.
>>
>>674351
The only way it's going to attack is if it feels threatened or cornered by you. Bears do NOT stalk and attack.
>>
>>674454

it came charging down at us,
to give you a better idea of the area, this was up in the sierras, up on the JMT
so at the bottom of this mountain the bear was coming from was our camp level. but there was a rushing river of snow melt separating us, and at the river were lots of bushes and trees. so when he got to the river he just totally vanished. i had to wake my friend up and convince him something serious is happening. the only thing i had was a large log with a very wide glowing tip, like a lit cigarette which was hanging in the fire. it would easily burn the shit out of a bear with minimal effort when thrusted into him, so i figured it would be my best option of getting him to pussy-out

but when we got to the river nothing was there. i mean he must have been there because there was nowhere else he could have gone, i was watching the area the whole time, but it was apparent the bear was no longer a threat at that moment
>>
>>674485
Shit that's intense dude
>>
Dealt with a few black bears. The first was fucking around my camp at night which was a little scary but it ran off once I fired a shot into the ground. The second was showing predatory behaviour stalking me and my gf through the woods, I shot and killed that one.
>>
>>674478
>Bears do NOT stalk and attack.
couldn't be more wrong if you actually tried.
>>
File: 2014-05-24_07.41.09.jpg (686KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
2014-05-24_07.41.09.jpg
686KB, 768x1024px
shitty pic but I had a black bear following me a couple springs ago when I was fishing. He was more curious than anything, I never felt threatened by him and he always kept his distance. I live west of the Cascades in Oregon and there is so much food for bears year round here, that you don't have to really worry about them. A lot less effort eating berries, grubs and roots than it is trying to eat a person.
>>
>>674041
>seriously what the fuck type of animal other than a fucking bear will snatch you from a tent and drag you off into the night like this?

Wendigos, skinwalkers, hippies
>>
>>674636
>hippies
Hippies don't actually go in the woods though..
>>
>>674638
They do if you happen to be camping near a Rainbow Gathering
>>
File: large.gif (805KB, 400x418px) Image search: [Google]
large.gif
805KB, 400x418px
>>674636
>hippies

aren't real. It's something parents tell their children about to scare them.
>>
>>674642
You and I both know that is hardly what we could consider "in the woods".

Also, you smell them long before you see them.
>>
Requesting a video where man on a bike in the woods is chased by a huge bear
>>
>>674703
i've seen two videos of this. one of them is faker'n whore's tits but one of them isn't.
>>
>>674703
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLMa5-n2OVc

>>674718
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noCWtagaDJQ
>>
>>674742
yup that's them. looks even faker than it did the first time i saw it
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PWHNIbS8cE

MORE BEARS
>>
File: fake.jpg (74KB, 831x466px) Image search: [Google]
fake.jpg
74KB, 831x466px
>>674718
>i've seen two videos of this. one of them is faker'n whore's tits but one of them isn't.
>>674742

yeah that's fake
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6Vz-psojhc

BEEEEEEEEEEEARS
>>
this documentary about a particular bear attack in the 80s should be enough to get everyone aware of bear safety while /out/. it's fairly intense and not for everyone, but it worked for me.

https://youtu.be/OBJ-MpPBDug
>>
when i was 12 i was fishing trout with my older brother when a black bear with a cub came walking up the river. she growled and my brother threw our 5 trout at her and we ran like bitches. but that was before we knew that you could just yell at them to scare them off.
>>
>>674808
you literally rewarded the bear, with food, for approaching humans. you fed the fucking bear. jesus fucking christ.
>>673951
>>
>>674812

"We wouldn't have mauled all those campers to death, but some guy tossed us trout once so lol."
>>
>>674817
bears don't think like people do. they have an incredibly strong emotional connection to food. a bear will rip your arms off just because it's curious and trying to smell your breath, having no intention of actually hurting or eating you. you feed a bear once, and it's going to start pursuing people with nothing but food on its mind. it's a bad, bad idea. even if you toss a candy bar to the bear to appease it, if you don't gtfo right away it's going to pursue you voraciously looking for more food and this is the #1 worst scenerio you want to create. well, besides getting caught fucking its cub or similar.
>>
>>674812
>>674817
>>674823
you all sound butthurt as fuck. that was 15 years ago, we didnt know any better. frankly i hope the bear goes around eating the dumb fuck fudds that go out there and litter and pollute the river now.
>>
File: IMG_28833841247533.jpg (48KB, 481x368px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_28833841247533.jpg
48KB, 481x368px
>>674764
Burrrss
>>
I work at a scout camp during the summer. There's a few regulars that we get. Only black bears though so they're fairly easy to handle. We usually just shine a flashlight at them and follow them around talking sternly to them. This usually sends them running for the hills.
>>
File: EoSolwh.webm (442KB, 384x288px) Image search: [Google]
EoSolwh.webm
442KB, 384x288px
>>674905
Would the most effective thing be like,

"UH UH NOOO BEAR LEEEEEEAVE NOW. LEEEEEEEEEEAVE NOW BEAR GO"

Kind of thing in the deepest, sternest voice?

I mean really deep.

Or just screaming at them like "FUCK OFF YA CUNT BEAR. FUCK YA ASS UP M8"
>>
>>674910
The most effective method I've seen is to talk to them like you're talking to an old friend who has gotten completely shitfaced for the umpteenth time this week and who you must now walk home.

"No. You can't do that bear. You know better than that. No. Bear get out of the dumpster. That's right bear head back out over the hill."

Shit like that.
>>
IN the white mountains of new Hampshire a mom and a baby black-bear ate my snickers bar. bears can eat my shit.
>>
>>673891
I tried but they kept running away from me.
>>
File: s209.jpg (49KB, 816x612px) Image search: [Google]
s209.jpg
49KB, 816x612px
>>674001
Get a real knoife, not a fucking toothpick
Stab/hack it in the neck/vitals over and over until one of us dies/can no longer fight
>>
>>674636
>skinwalkers

I wouldn't worry about it
>>
>>674910
https://youtu.be/yHKePL7vWhw
>>
>>673951
>if you feed a bear and someday it ends-up persuing and killing someone (in a non-self-defense situation), i reckon you share in the blame.
nice personal opinion.
>>
File: 20160127_163847.jpg (468KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20160127_163847.jpg
468KB, 2048x1152px
Pretty good over all. He serves drinks at parties and I high-five him every day on my way to work
>>
bears would be cool if they weren't assholes.
>>
>>675024
I think it's becoming a bit too obvious brother. Still...
>>
I have black bears in my yard a few times a year. I live on a river in the woods. Last year one was fucking with my garbage and growled at me when I approached. Had to take him out. He tasted really good.
>>
>>675149
this is a pleasant fiction
>>
>>674931
same here but i heard you can use nutella to distract them
>>
>>674041
>the chance is 'small' because relatively few people go out into the deep wilderness.

I'd love to see the forest service revise their "one in (number)-million chance of a fatal bear attack" line with statistics that actually compare the people who get close to bears instead of the bajillion car campers who never see one at all.
>>
>>674001
Is that a chow chow?
>>
>>673890
The only bear experiences I ever had was when I was like 12 and used to go up to my neighbor's cabin in bumblefuck, Northern Wisconsin. There were black bears all over there.

I had never seen a bear as a city boy. The first time ever going to the cabin, we are like a mile away on some dirt road after 7 hours of driving. There is a black bear right on the side of the road. Friend's grandpa stops (the car is like 20' from the bear) and rolls down all the windows, and we just watched it for awhile.

We saw them a ton of times just riding ATVs thru the woods. Never had any bad experiences while I was there, but we slept inside a cabin and never ventured off without a gun.

The worst story I heard about bears there was one time when they were having a family reunion up there. There were a couple mobile homes down by the lake, and dude's grandpa stayed in a cabin right up a hill. Grandpa heard some knocking at the door of the cabin, and thinking it was a family member, he opened the door and it was a black bear. Ran back inside, grabbed a 12ga and just shot it into the air to scare the bear away.
>>
So I want to be a lazy fucker and not have to deal with throwing food up into trees anymore, what would you lads recommend in the way of bear canisters to buy and own?

Note I would still keep it some hundred yards away at night, probably wrap some orange duct tape around it for visibility and repairs
>>
File: Bear-Riding-a-Quad-Bike-41583.jpg (175KB, 1000x1038px) Image search: [Google]
Bear-Riding-a-Quad-Bike-41583.jpg
175KB, 1000x1038px
>>675788
>We saw them a ton of times just riding ATVs thru the woods.
>>
>>676848
John Irving would approve
>>
>>675090
Except it's not an opinion. You are training a bear to expect food when it approaches people, meaning it will lose it's natural fear of humans. You are creating a dangerous bear.
>>
>>673890
Got out of my tent one morning, walked over to the campfire, poured myself a cup of coffee and lit my cigarette. When I looked up, I saw a very large black bear across the fire from me, maybe fifteen or twenty feet away. She stared back at me for a minute while I smoked and sipped my coffee, then she wandered back to her den. I guess she figured since I wasn't running away I must not be food, and since I wasn't acting aggressively, I must not be a threat. I've been back a few times since, but haven't seen her. Probably because I stopped cleaning fish at the fire pit.
>>
>>673925
>huffed
so you just breathed heavily until the morning or...
>>
File: 1453861229780.jpg (38KB, 460x565px) Image search: [Google]
1453861229780.jpg
38KB, 460x565px
>>674148
>>673926
thanks guys, now I'm scared again
>>
>>673946
>keeping HD pics of bear shit on your hard drive
>>
>camping in CA with cousins
>rocky area in mountains called Alabama hills
>all sitting around a small fire having a good time when we hear growling
>gets louder and sounds like it was just around the corner (we were set up in a U-shaped area surrounded by huge boulders)
>cousins brought bows for fun, they now have them ready to shoot since it's the only defense we have
>cousins wife is hiding behind tent with crying kids
>I'm armed with naught but a flashlight, still next to two armed cousins though cause they have weapons
>cousin spot something in the shadows
>just a speaker playing the same growl on a loop
It was a prank another cousin had set up. Also this was my first real camping experience and I thought it would be my last
>>
>>675062
>Listen to audio only
>Bear Grylls rapes a feminist kayaker
>>
>>673926
That's kind of funny. Most of the bear attacks were on pre-teen boys.
Sounds just like real life.
>>
>>676848
Givin me flashback to the Northern Wisconsin woods
>>
File: IMGP5825.jpg (1MB, 2460x1628px) Image search: [Google]
IMGP5825.jpg
1MB, 2460x1628px
>>676914
not just
>>
Bears are the niggers of the forest.
>>
>>674485
Prolly just wanted to chill at the river
>>
>>674001
Punch them in the snout, repeat till dead or lett alone.
They've got so many nerve endings there it's almost like getting cockpunched.
>>
>>673982
narragansett?
>>
shake dat bear http://ilovepa.tumblr.com/post/9697400717/thehorsepussy-bjorkcub-shake-that-bear-the
>>
File: img-thing.png (54KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
img-thing.png
54KB, 300x300px
>>677814
w-what about it. i drank like 10 narragansetts last night and have about 10 on retainer
>>
>>673946
kofte kebab poo
>>
>>677110
>>677110
hairy bear poo
>>
>>678903
i always think of a baby ruth or something. b-but just for a sec

>>678912
coyote pooh actually. after my last cat got ate i used to sift through all the coyote pooh i found seeing if i would find any evidence of her. results were inconclusive
>>
>>674001
>Situation 1 is a 800 pound grizzly
commit sudoku
>Situation 2 is a 200 pound black bear
grab it by the ears and rape it
>>
>>673890
summer of 2012, august to be exact, i was camping up in mammoth, ca with some family. cousin and his gf and i decide to go fishing down the river away from the campgrounds a bit. now, for context, we noticed some droppings a day before while hiking at this spot where we were going fishing. we come up to an opening in the river near some flatter ground, mind you there are trees blown down everywhere because this was just after some huge winds coming through the area. however, there was a large bush, maybe 30ft in diameter next to the river. were there for maybe 30min unable to catch anything, when suddenly i hear this sort of low grumble coming from the other side of the bush. my cousin was farther up the river away from me and his gf, so i ask his gf if she heard anything and she wasnt really sure. about 30sec later, we both hear a bit louder grumble and my cousin even heard it. we dipped out asap for fear of what could happen.
>>
>>673891
agreed.
>Bears literally worse than ISIS
>>
File: bearka.jpg (46KB, 750x400px) Image search: [Google]
bearka.jpg
46KB, 750x400px
>>679389
>mfw
>>
almost ran one over in Yosemite, CA! it randomly jumped out of the bushes and stared at me, then crossed the street taking its time. it was a few meters away in the open. good thing i was safe in my car.
>>
File: IN2mvdM.gif (278KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
IN2mvdM.gif
278KB, 100x100px
Bears are spooky
>>
File: 78bpm.gif (159KB, 600x616px) Image search: [Google]
78bpm.gif
159KB, 600x616px
>>680336
naw m8 bears are cute
>>
>>674148
>I wish /out/ wasn't so full of morons speaking with complete confidence about things they have no fucking clue about
welcome to every board on 4chan
>>
>>676911
he was on a vision quest so I assume he was huffing gasoline or something
>>
>>680557
Welcome to life, more like.
>>
>>673890
>I have bearly any experience with bears in the wild.
>bearly
>bear
cheeky cunt
>>
da bears
>>
>>673890
Once ran into a little black bear mama and cub on a trail on the Oregon Coast in the summer, just popped out of the woods a few feet from me. She looked over, gave a little buffle, and continued on. Good thing I wasn't between her cub and her!

Oh the funny part of that story is I was hiking with an ex and her family, her dad pulled out a pocket knife and I almost died laughing.
>>
>>680999
black bears are huge pussies and known to abandon cubs if spooked. 50kg milf can beat up a 200kg black bear with her bare fists.
>>
>>681006
you're oversimplifying anon. they're not quite that consistent or predictable. i wouldn't wager my lief on it anyway

"oh shit, bear ahead, with cubs!"
"nah they're big pussies. let's continue on, she'll run away, i guarantee it"

eh, wouldn't be prĂĽdent
>>
>>673925
Scared of a black bear?

You pussy
>>
>>681007
sure but it's not an immediate death sentence either if you get between a black bear and her cubs. don't try that shit with a grizzly tho.
>>
>>681006
>>681008
they still do cause occasional, yet horrifying, deaths
>>
>>681014
they sometimes predate on humans and if you don't fight hard enough they can eat you.

i promise tho i wouldn't be eaten by a black bear. a pack of wolves is a hundred times more scary.
>>
>>681014
>Can we get a bear thread going?
>How has everyone's bear experience been?
>I have bearly any experience with bears in the wild.
To be fair only two of those is a a valid death. One was captive for it was that guys own fault. 3 were old people who were going to die soon anyways, and one of those guys was a Indian who probably attracted the bear from a mile away due to his curry scent. The bear did us all a favor with Darsh.
>>
>>681062
>only two of those is a a valid death
i'm writing letters to the families and i'm telling >:|
>>
>>677725
>Bears are the niggers of the forest.
No, those would be raccoons.
>>
>>681094
Be sure to tell Darsh's family to poo in the loo.
>>
File: a day out_on_the_ganges.png (41KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
a day out_on_the_ganges.png
41KB, 700x500px
>>681115
will do! it won't help tho
>>
>>673890
I've only had experiences with them in urban areas. My grandfather, who was a bear of a man, ( grizzly, overly curious, usually good natured but easily excitable, loved causing trouble, etc. ) was dying. I managed to see him before he passed and as we were leaving the hospital we saw a bear running through the streets, playing with things and stalling traffic. My dad and I got a good chuckle out of it. My best experience with bears.

The other experiences all involve the Chicago Bears who continue to let me down year after year. I don't want to talk about it.
>>
File: DSC_0068 (1).jpg (3MB, 4000x2666px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0068 (1).jpg
3MB, 4000x2666px
I've had nothing but good experiences with them. Turned the corner on a trail in North Georgia and literally scared the shit out of a black bear cub. It was taking a shit right on the trail and it bolted while it was still droppin deuces. Looked around for mama and she was about 100 yards in a small ravine with another cub. She was chill, got up on her hind legs and just checked me out. I backed up and gave them 10 or 15 minutes to continue on their way.

Saw a good size black bear in Yellowstone from about 300 yards. Nothing special, was kinda neat. It was just lying down and a few people were taking pictures and hoping to see it. It ended up getting up and scratching it's back up against a tree. Was pretty funny. Reminded me of Baloo from The Jungle Book. Here's a pic of Baloo's little brother from a ways away unfortunately.
>>
>>674937
that is sexy
>>
File: timothytreadwell.jpg (453KB, 1403x1292px) Image search: [Google]
timothytreadwell.jpg
453KB, 1403x1292px
I just watched the first 80 minutes of 'Grizzly Man', so I think bears are pretty great. they're like bigger, fuzzier, comfier humans.

gentle giants, really.
>>
I was camping in northern Finland one time and there were around 3 brown bears in the area, they got right up in the camp site and I slammed metal on metal and yelled and they fucked off in a hurry and I didn't see them again

Bears are pussies
>>
>>674478

Black Bear stalks man
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlB0FqQ0DlQ
>>
>>685396

it honestly is crazy how the first 80 minutes will convince you of that.
>>
>>685396
I was just now listening to this song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofDcZD9aS9E
>>
I'm grateful there are no bears in the desert
>>
>>686048
Best watch out for owlbears.
>>
File: image.jpg (115KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115KB, 960x540px
>>673890
Did somebody say bears?
>>
I remember some advice:

if a grizzly is after you, play dead. grizzlies prefer live prey, they might let you be if they think you're dead.

if a black bear is after you, fight that fucker. black bears will eat you if they think you're dead.

if a polar bear is after you, you're just fucked.

is there any truth to these old wives' tales?
>>
>>686098
>if a grizzly is after you, play dead. grizzlies prefer live prey
retarded dumb shit
if it's a territorial or defensive attack from a grizzly protect vitals and play dead that's your best chance.
if a grizzly sees you as food then it won't help.
black bears rarely attack defensively they rather abandon cubs the to fight you and they are not much into boxing matches so best to fight them.
if a polar bear attacks you can still survive if you wound it (assuming you are not dead from the first swipe) so fight for your life.
>>
>>686022
that bear looks incredibly thin, which is when they're dangerous
>>
> on a canoe trip in the Minnesota boundary waters.
> just start the fire when the GF points over the water
> GF goes: "OMG there's a dog swilling across the lake, we should go help it!"
> alright
> get in canoe and start paddling
> as we get closer I can see it's head
> wow, that is a bog black lab
> paddle even closer
> sweet fuck that is one big ass black lab
> then realization sets in
> NOPE.jpg
> turn canoe right the fuck around and head back to our camp
> GF: "What about that poor doggy?"
Me: "That ain't no dog, that is a fucking bear!"
> GF then starts paddling with all of her might till we reach shore
> that was also the last date we had together.
>>
>>674910
> bear rave party
>>
>>673942
was it in the woods?
>>
>>673890
Unless it's a grizzly (not likely around here) or a mother with cubs. Bears are pretty much cowards and would rather be left alone. The last bear I saw ran.
>>
>>674485
>had to wake up my friend

aww someone had a bad dream and thought it was real, hey
>>
>>689538
>misquotes the post being replied to, in order to sound big and bad
>thinks this makes him cooler
>doesn't realize 4chan is an 18+ board
Quality post there, m9. Couldn't just let the thread continue riding down the catalog, could you?
>polite sage for lack of content
Thread posts: 150
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.