[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hiking alone in the desert

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1452614347272-950289058.jpg (204KB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
1452614347272-950289058.jpg
204KB, 3264x1836px
Hey guys I'd like to hear your opinions on hiking alone in desert. I basically have 2 "fears" in this field - Being the only soul sleeping in this little tent with no help around in case of bandits(got no gun)/animals, second is like twisting my anckle or falling with no help around.

Thought? Experiences?
>>
I doubt you will meet banditos. As for everything else, make a plan, tell someone when you're supposed to be back and share that plan with them. If you don't make it time, have the person contact emergency services.

Really that's the big one. So many people could possibly be saved if they just let someone know where they were going.
>>
>>664242
I have traveles couple of times in the desert. I know it, I know what its like, how much water I gonna need. I'll print the exact route I'll be traveling but yet I find it a bit scary to be alone in this endless nothing. I guess I will start with 1 day hikes then move to sleeping out too.
>>
File: mend.jpg (915KB, 2407x1564px) Image search: [Google]
mend.jpg
915KB, 2407x1564px
>>664240
>twisting my anckle
heeh heeeheee HHHeeeheHA!
,, last spring i sliped into a ditch,, slow scraping roll backwards.,
,,i live alone,, dont knowhere im going,, maybe friends will stop by,, and leave.,
, and no cellphone.
,my own personal Everest!
,, getting up the side of the ditch was EPIC!, take off coat to cover sharp rocks,,starts sleat,,, The Summit! VICTORY!,,,?
,now for the 1 Ky (KiloYard) Crawl thru the storm,,to the road., healed in a month!GUDBODY!
,Quadraplegia,, makes for /out/, anywheres!
>>
>>664240
>second is like twisting my anckle or falling with no help around.

Don't worry mate. Drink your own pee and cut your ankle off then make a movie about it
>>
I have experienced both on the same trip! Would never go alone into the desert. I am scared for life.
>>
>>664240
I hiked around the Mojave desert for 3 months last year. I've heard horror stories about cayotes, but was never really worried about any animals. Just check your boots before you put em on, and anytime you reach down, make sure you're not about to grab a snake. Kick around a bit to see if there's something hiding. When you camp out, just make sure you're far away from being noticed. Usually you can duck down behind some big sage plants. Also, the dust that blows around can carry viruses. Cover your face when you see a dust storm blowing your way. Carry a phone of some sort with you for emergencies and keep track of where you are.
>>
>>665488
I carried 4 liters of water with me and it was enough.
>>
>>664240
>got no gun
Dumbass
>>
>>664240
>hiking alone in desert
>no gun
>>
I live in the Midwest, and I get freaked when I go to the desert. Seems like a lot of really violent crimes happen in the desert. But it would be incredible to do a long backpacking trip through wide open sandy terrain with buttes all over the place
>>
>>665507

4chan has people from all over the world. Im not an american and the gun laws in my state arent allowing people without a real good reason to get a license (security guard and stuff like that)
>>
>>665495
>>665507
I honestly never wished I had brought a gun at any point of my 15 month trek across the US. Don't go into sketch places and sketch things won't happen.
>>
>>664243
Ok. Are you going to be armed with anything at all? Will you have a cell phone. Any loved ones who might be concerned if you go missing?
>>
>>667992
Sure, I will have a phone and I do have people concerning my safety. Yet i never hiked with a gun. Do you really find that odd to hike unarmed?
>>
>>668030
Yes. It is wise to hike with some sort of weapon to defend yourself(Preferably a gun) from wildlife or other people. If you see someone acting suspicious gtfo out and stay safe.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.