[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A silly question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: IMG-20160106-WA0008.jpg (41KB, 540x564px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160106-WA0008.jpg
41KB, 540x564px
Hello,

I had to hike in tropical climate for a long time using the only hiking boots I have. They stink like rotting socks now, naturally. I was wondering maybe you guys know some tricks how to get rid of the smell without buying some special deodorant? Would be nice not to stink like death when I couchsurf. I tried freezing the boots for a few days, it's -20C where I live, but it didn't really help. Any ideas? Pic unrelated.
>>
I heard that vinegar is supposed to remove smells.

Get the cheapo stuff, soak them boots and then wash them with soapy water. The vinegar should eliminate the rotten smell and the soap should get rid of the vinegar smell. Just check if the material can handle acids
>>
Collidial silver will help kill the bacteria.
>>
after you get rid of the smell, you could prevent it from returning by removing the insoles and replace them with some fancy anti-bacterial charcoal soles
>>
Please take your racist shit to /b/.
>>
>>664117
>>664129
>>664141

Thanks m8s, I'll try vinegar this evening.

>>664164

Please take your antiracist shit to /lgbt/
>>
>>664191
You're welcome. Post results
>>
pnp
>>
>>664164
racist? Its reality
>>
>>665364
also baking soda in your boots
>>
>>664164
you might want to seek the meaning of racism my friend cause there ain't any racism in there
>>
This might seem stupid to suggest because it's so obvious, but do make sure you've let your boots dry completely for a while, that will help kill some of what's making the smell. Then try some of the methods listed.
>>
dry them completely if you have a dehumidifier
then put them in the freezer for a few hours wrapped in a grocery bag.

smell gone you're welcome
>>
>>666191
Seconding this. Freezing is the way to go but make sure they're dry and treat the leather first.
>>
>>664107
Bleach. Wash them in a bleach solution. Kills the smell but might damage the color
>>
File: 1452894029001.png (380KB, 599x716px) Image search: [Google]
1452894029001.png
380KB, 599x716px
Thanks m8s, vinegar helped a lot. Now I put some baking soda inside my boots. When they'll dry I'll freeze them and it will be an overkill. Now I will be able to travel with dignity.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.