[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

That one Spot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 13

So guys, I live in Boise, ID and I had a sudden realization. There is an insanely large chunk of land of just nothing Between Eastern Oregon, Southwest Idaho, and Northern Nevada.

No seriously, aside from an Indian Reservation, and a few towns of ten people. there's absolutely nothing there!

It's because there's no water. And since there's no one for miles around, how would one go about surviving and dicking around out there?

tl;dr - How would one go about surviving in the Owyhee Canyonlands?
>>
Have fun getting murdered by a cult and/or the military.
>>
>>657158
https://rootsrated.com/stories/5-ways-to-explore-the-owyhee-canyonlands-wilderness

>little to no trees

Nope.

Bring lots of water, OP.
>>
File: MGTOW GOATMAN EXEC.jpg (12KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
MGTOW GOATMAN EXEC.jpg
12KB, 400x400px
Could this be fertile ground for a MGTOW mancamp?
>>
>>657170
Yes, but bringing water would only hold them back, like women
>>
File: 4x4 MGTOW water tanker.jpg (138KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
4x4 MGTOW water tanker.jpg
138KB, 640x480px
>>657175
>>
>>657168
Sure buddy
>>
We could make MGTOW cliff dwellings in the canyons and graze our goats on the plains.
>>
Thanks for the help guys, one of these days I'll go drive my Volvo 850 out there on the byway through there. Sounds fun as hell
>>
>>657222
Scout for MGTOW spots and take pics anon
>>
>>657379
Got it. More than likely it'll be near a small stream or river, down in the canyons.
>>
How much is land in this area ?
>>
File: Screenshot_20160102-163910.png (1MB, 1200x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160102-163910.png
1MB, 1200x1920px
>>658013
Land is cheap. $100 to $500 an acre but that's because the government has taken all the good land for themselves.
It's bigger than most European countries but you basically are not allowed to go there, from bombing ranges in Idaho to wildlife preserves in Oregon and Nevada.

The patriot standoff in Burns is part of this area. Humans are to be banished from this land unless you are a government worker whose job is to keep out US citizens.
>>
File: DanielBooneCI096-cover-full.jpg (99KB, 425x640px) Image search: [Google]
DanielBooneCI096-cover-full.jpg
99KB, 425x640px
>>658089
I wonder if the Patriots would be willing to ally themselves with the MGTOW
>>
>>657170
Yes. The population of these areas is so low that you could easily take over a town or county with a few dozen neets.

Heck you could probably buy this old town

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silver_City,_Idaho

I hope your cult turns out better than this one where they tried to take over Wasco county Oregon

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1984_Rajneeshee_bioterror_attack
>>
I'm a 208 too OP, always down for an adventure.
>>
File: feminist uke player.jpg (72KB, 475x689px) Image search: [Google]
feminist uke player.jpg
72KB, 475x689px
How did OP know this area would be in the news today?
Nothing of interest has happened there in 100 years or more.
>>
>>658089
>but that's because the government has taken all the good land for themselves.
m8, there is no "good land" here apart from the odd creek that still exists and the natural resources underground. It's thousands and thousands of miles of butt-fucking nothing.
>>
Well guys I just heard about the Burns thing, well damn. It wouldn't surprise me if the gov't is hiding something out there
>>
>>657169
>>657175
>>657179
Is there really that little water there? You all make it sound like a parched desert...it might be that there isn't enough water to support large settlements and agriculture, but maybe there's little pockets of water here and there that could support /out/town. The fucking indians didn't have water tankers. There must be ways of surviving here.
>>
>>658416

>You all make it sound like a parched desert.

That's because it is a parched desert you fucking retard

>The fucking indians didn't have water tankers

That's why the fucking Indians didn't live there you dumb fuck.
>>
>>658655
the indians have wells
>>
>>657158
fellow Boise anon reporting in :^)
Just take a pack goat with you and have the fucker haul water and whatever else, but mind the load weight.
>>
File: MGTOW pants.jpg (49KB, 960x572px) Image search: [Google]
MGTOW pants.jpg
49KB, 960x572px
>>658717
>Boise anon reporting

I passed through Boise in my hippie van last year. Did not get to spend much time though.
Is that place as cool as it seems?
People seemed pretty nice and that fucking sky was incredible.
>>
>>657158
bring a Life Straw, you'll be fine.
>>
>>657170
42.497499, -116.487592
>>
>>658744
Brb. I'm off to steal that road sign
>>
>>658724
the folks are awesome, couple of raging hippie fags and stoners wandering around, but other than that folks are pretty rad and friendly. its a wonderful place, best way to describe it is like the town in Napoleon dynamite had a kid with Portland
>>
>>658416
"parched" isnt the right word, but yes. It is "semi-arid desert" gets between 4 and 7 inches of moisture all year.
>>
OP Returns Guys. I've tested my Piece of Shit Volvo and with a little luck I should be fine. Im gonna get some pictures and we can discuss later.
>>
>>661861
We're awaiting you with bells on.
>>
>>658089
I used to live near Lakeview.
>not allowed to go there
I dunno what you're going on about, it's mostly public land. I suppose there is the occasional DoD land but it's pretty minuscule compared to all the BLM and USFS holdings.

I live in the eastern US now but I get nostalgic for the high desert despite the fact of how ugly it seems. Like I miss the dry heat and perennial streams surrounded by cottonwood trees and willows. There's also good chukar hunting in the desert.
>>
>>661885
>good chukar hunting
racist pls go
>>
>>659240
Isn't that about what they get in New Mexico, where those earth ships are?

If we followed the same practices of recycling water and building earth burms over the houses, it should be just as viable. Maybe ship in a little water, but with those land prices, I know homeless people that could afford to do this.
>>
>>657158
Yer pickshur as wator init.
>>
File: Picture0527151643_1.jpg (189KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Picture0527151643_1.jpg
189KB, 1280x960px
>>661885
I'm from the NY in Colorado now and I miss the forest and green fields and rivers and I like it the most in late April through Early June.
>>
>>662301
>I miss the forest and green fields and rivers

You honestly dont prefer the wide open spaces?
The ability to see for miles and miles and that huge sky?
I could never go back east again for any length of time.
All those trees just make me feel trapped.
I dont even spend much time in the thicker forests here on the western slope for that reason.
>>
>>658416
>muh agriculture
>in a fucking desert
m8, aeroponics exists for a reason. Just find a way to harvest the water from the atmosphere.
>>
>>662390
I've seen this in action before, but can't find the source. This seems like a simple design, though.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G6jJQroHYUU
>>
This is totally doable... somebody could make a lot of money renting lots where people harvest their own water and grow their own food. Let people live there for free if they help build "Katrina houses" to sell or rent to New residents.
>>
File: ros_obama-stew_72315_566_356_c1.jpg (87KB, 566x356px) Image search: [Google]
ros_obama-stew_72315_566_356_c1.jpg
87KB, 566x356px
>>662472
The way he says dew...it sounds like he is saying jew.
>>
>>657158
Just hire someone to drill you a well if water is that bad.
>>
>>658670
The Indians were in the fucking stone age until the white man came by, they absolutely did not have wells. Especially since they could roam a couple hundred miles in any direction and have plenty of water.
>>
>>658744
>42.497499, -116.487592
i got lost and found some fucking HONKs
>>
>>662670
forgot pic
>>
>>662293
Sounds like you've got some on the brain.

If you even have one.
>>
>>662390
What, and risk Tusken Raiders raiding my farm? No thanks, I'll pump it from the aquifer like a normal person.
>>
I was in Boise for about 5 months. Nice place. Lots of cool outdoor stuff to do.
>>
>>663304
>>663304
Did you score any poontang?
Are the ladies all plus sIzeded?
>>
>>663308
No, and no. Boise is a pretty nice city but I found that as soon as you started getting out of it and into rural Idaho, you're in hickville.
>>
>>663308
Is that Harry potter with a half-giantess?
>>
>>662152

It's a game bird. Like Pheasant.

They're pretty good eating too.

[spoiler]Idiot.[/spoiler]
>>
FUCK. So My Volvo Essentially decided to Michael J Fox while I was driving and a huge ass rock clipped most of the bottom, and long story short power steering is fucked. I might be able to borrow a friend's truck and continue my expedition but if the thread dies I'll make a new one. Sorry to disappoint you guys but it might be a while.
>>
>>663314
That's Elijah Wood and Taylor Swift.
>>
>>663553
That's Taylor Swift?! She looks different in a tuxedo.
>>
Can confirm absolutely nothing there. Girlfriend is from Union, Oregon. We've spent some time in the area.
>>
Spent a summer out in Silver City back in the late 90s. It's a neat place.
>>
>>662301
I'm with you anon, I spent 6 months in wyoming and missed deciduous forests so much. Nice big shade trees, creeks everywhere, SONG BIRDS. The west might be more spectacular but the east is where its at.
>>
>>665604
Must have to do with what you grew up with.
I hate the east for /out/ stuff. Love the city though.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.