[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For all of us southernfags, dont you guys think spring is coming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

For all of us southernfags, dont you guys think spring is coming way too early?

I live in georgia, its not even half way through winter yet as of december, and the leaves are already coming back to the trees. The birds are fucking back. THE FUCKING BIRDS
i know alot of you /pol/ shitposters dont believe in global warming but that aside isnt spring coming pretty fucking early?

Pic unrelated
>>
It's no coincidence that the winters have gotten shorter approaching the election year. The NWO is using weather altering technology in order to get people to buy into global warming and shift the political spectrum further left.
>>
>>656355
Native Georgian here, our winters dont come until the new year, has been like that for years now, nothing new.
>>
>>656400
oh my god
>>/pol/
>>/k/
>>/s4s/
>>
>>656355
I just got through digging my truck out from under the worst snowstorm we've had in 30 years. It ain't spring in Texas.
>>
>dont believe in global warming
Google El Niño and La Niña
>>
>>656429
>El Niño and La Niña

That's more along the lines of climate change, not bs global warming
>>
>>656429
Nina and Nino have cycled for centuries. They neither support nor disprove climate change/global warming.
>>
>>656355

Global warming isn't real because I associate it with political liberalism, which I dislike because it prevents me from saying nigger and fag at work without being fired
>>
>>656449

This is like saying you accept adaptation but not evolution
>>
>>656449
>>656462
I guess you're not going to google it
>>
File: climatechart.gif (2MB, 813x555px) Image search: [Google]
climatechart.gif
2MB, 813x555px
>>656462

Do you realize that cycles and linear trends are not mutually exclusive? If you have a sine wave where the peaks and lows are higher with each repetition, you have oscillation between highs and lows (cycles) in the short term, but overall increase in the long term.
>>
>>656481
Phoney scientists are rigging the data to get more grant money
>>
>>656484

That's not relevant to the discussion we were having. If you're the guy I replied to, he positioned natural cycles as dichotomous to linear trends. I only sought to show that is not the case.

Anyway, do you have any evidence that climate scientists have rigged data? Keep in mind:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/alexknapp/2011/08/24/climategate-scientists-cleared-of-wrongdoing-again/
>>
>>656479
You replied to two different anons.

>>656481
I didn't say a damn thing about whether I think there's global warming going on. It's pretty obvious the climate is changing. We just had two of the wettest years on record immediately following two of the driest years on record here, and we're not the only area with wonky weather. What I said was that a cycle, which has been going on for a very long time, does not tend to prove or disprove a theory regarding a trend. As an analogy, my #2 cylinder going up and down at the same rate with a new camshaft as it did with the old does not prove or disprove whether the new cam has more lift and/or duration than the prior cam. Los niños cycle. An interruption of that cycle, or a significant change in that cycle, would tend to support an overall change in climate. The cycle itself does not, as the cycle predates humankind having the ability to significantly impact climate the way we do now. Sorry I wasn't more specific.
>>
>>656488
>he positioned natural cycles as dichotomous to linear trends
More like generally independent. Think of it as me saying "correlation does not prove causation." I didn't mean the trend does not affect the cycle, I meant the cycle predates the trend and cannot, in and of itself, be used as evidence for or against the trend.
>>
>>656492
>What I said was that a cycle, which has been going on for a very long time, does not tend to prove or disprove a theory regarding a trend.

Except that the theory in question factors in those cycles. That's not something you, mr. armchair scientist with a degree from Youtube university, have discovered that climate scientists somehow overlooked.

>The cycle itself does not, as the cycle predates humankind having the ability to significantly impact climate the way we do now.

Indeed, but we understand the mechanism involved (the greenhouse effect) and we are indeed releasing huge amounts of carbon into the atmosphere that was trapped underground.

When I run into people who reject some or all of what scientists are telling us about the climate it's usually because they smell a rat.

And they're right, there is one. Just not where they think. The rat is cap and trade, and the notion that it's the only viable solution.

What they've done is bait simpletons into attacking the science (which is fruitless and makes all opposition to cap and trade look foolish) rather than their proposed implication: That we need immediate wealth redistribution.

It's like if I were to tell you an asteroid will impact the Earth (which actually is coming) and the only way to stop it is to transfer your life savings to me. Whereupon you try to prove that the asteroid is a hoax, rather than asking why giving me all your money is a sensible solution to it.
>>
>>656355
Its a crazy ill nino year.
We didn't get a fucking bail of hay this year.
>>
I just started a thread about this op, I'll copy paste what I said:

So who else is enjoying the heat in the south East?

Sc here and thought I would share what a friend in dnr just told me regarding the south East

Due to the almost non existent winter, deer aren't dying out like normal and dnr is really freaking out internally (at least in sc)

most plants think it's already spring and are already flowering, meaning there will be a huge glut of food for many deer right now and noaa suggests the south East won't really get a winter at all this season meaning many animals will be severely over populated.

Apparently sc is contemplating starting their deer season in June and increasing the bag limit on antlerless deer and potentially calling for more both sex says

Should be an interesting hunting season, I may actually get some tags for an antlerless deer this year
>>
>>656418
Same here man. Central fl Anon here. It's like people always have Alzheimer's around November and start saying. Omg it's supposed to be winter right now, then on Christmas especially you always get someone saying this is the hottest Xmas ever! Global warming omg!
The last two Christmases it's rained and was around 85 mid day.... This last one didn't rain. So hey! Thanks global warming for skipping the rain this time! Lol
>>
SC here. I think winter is skipping us this year.
>>
>>656550
It is, 60 is the lowest the high will get the rest of the winter
>>
>>656420

>/k/
>not pointing him to /x/

Fuckin' faggot.
>>
File: logo-circle-k.jpg (37KB, 600x231px) Image search: [Google]
logo-circle-k.jpg
37KB, 600x231px
>>656564
>implying /k/ isn't one of the most "muh gubmint" boards on 4chan
>>
File: Screenshot_20151231-193715.png (178KB, 1200x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20151231-193715.png
178KB, 1200x1920px
>>656550

Too bad. Winter is so much fun
>>
>>656578
>Stanley Idaho
Damn, talk about living /out/ How close are you to the Frank Church?
>>
File: DSCN8951.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN8951.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Where I live we have glaciers. People started to notice all this old tree stumps and branches being uncovered as the glacier receded. Scientists gathered some of the branches and carbon dated it. They were between 3000 - 8000 years old. So what happened? Why are they there? Well the glacier receded and a forest grew thousands of years ago. Then the glacier advanced and wiped out the forest. The glacier then receded uncovering the old forest stumps and branches. So the glaciers have been advancing and receding for thousands of years.

I went to where the stumps were and took these pics.
>>
>>656355
I'm in Georgia too and this is insane. It's supposed to get below freezing at night again for one or two days and the slowly creep back into the 60s in a week or so during the day but I think we'll have one good cold spell later in the winter. This has been becoming more common the past few years with a false spring. I've seen trees starting to bloom and they're going to get killed back by the frost. They can handle one year in a row of this happening but not much more.
>>
>>656580
20 miles or so to a trailhead or river launch
>>
>>656578
How is ID? Live on the east coast and I want /out/ bad
>>
>>656611

Just a bit north of you in TN and almost all of my blueberries are flowering now and leafing out right before it's supposed to get cold. Happened a bit last year when some of the buds swelled too early,pretty sure this will be the end for one or two of them.

Also my apple trees haven't really gone dormant.

Most of the leaves have dropped,but it still has leaves on the end of some of the branches,especially the smaller ones. Heck,some still seem to be growing.

None of them seem to have a fucking clue as to what they should be doing.

It's gonna be a mess this year,I can tell.
>>
>>656659
Getting shittier by the day as Obongo floods us with assorted Muslim negroe garbage people
>>
>>656355
Yo ameribros, Switzerland reporting in.
On Christmas day I was at my aunties in the Toggenburg mountains. Normal would be half a meter of snow and freezing temperatures.
There where bushes in the garden having fresh flowers on it, and I saw a honey bee at work.
Grand auntie is 87, she said she never saw anything like that before.
>>
>>656712
Your auntie has Alzheimer's and couldn't remember to wipe her ass. Why should we trust her?
>>
same in bongistan.

loads of floods up north (but still warm) and down south its 15 Celsius most days... been one frost all winter so far...daffodils in bloom, cherry trees flowering. its fucked. need some proper cold (i.e under 5 Celsius in the day which is normal winter in se england, with temps below freexing overnight) time to get the plants back to sleeps as this warm winter is screwing up nature
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Alaska yesterday.
>>
BC here. People are shitting their pants right now. Mountain Pine Beetle is going to fuck some shit up something fierce now that we don't get cold winters anymore, and haven't for a while.
Shitloads of dead trees. Forestry industry is going to tank hard.
>global warming isn't real
Oookay, keep your head up your ass.
>>
>>656400
Funny people still look at this and laugh. Scaler weapons are real. If you don't believe in geoengineering. Your a fool they(many study's ) know it works and Saudi Arabia made it rain for two months. If you think they cannot switch weather patterns around your dumb. Your just in disbelief like ifni told you three months before Hiroshima it would be wiped out by one bomb
>>
Western Finland here, global warming is definitely real at least for us. The last two or three winters have been super warm and this Christmas we almost had no snow for Christ's sake. When I was a kid snow would come somewhere between mid-October and late November here, but never after November. There are going to be -40 windchills later this week though so perhaps this winter is not going to be as shit as the earlier ones but we still have no more than a couple of cm of snow due to the record-warm December and lack of rain in January.
>>
File: kennesaw mountain.jpg (184KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
kennesaw mountain.jpg
184KB, 960x720px
Where the fuck are you in Georgia?

I live in Marietta and work in Dalton, and with temperatures dipping into the 20s this week, it finally feels like winter is here. I can't wait for our yearly ice storm.
>>
>>656421
You say that, but I'm in Cleveland Texas and I just went out and fed the goats while barefoot.
>>
>>656475
Just call the fags niggers and call the niggers fags.
>>
>>656355
The south
Th
T
Tt
THE MOTHERFUCKING GNATS
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.