[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>2015 >be "country star" (craig strickland) >ignoring

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: Screenshot_2015-12-29-12-39-49-1.png (230KB, 1080x1338px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-29-12-39-49-1.png
230KB, 1080x1338px
>2015
>be "country star" (craig strickland)
>ignoring modern hi accuracy weather radar and reports to go duck hunting
>making a nonchalant tweet about the danger
>not wearing a life jacket (even though in this case it wouldn't have made a difference)

404 good ole boy not found

Does /out/ heed weather warnings?
>Inb4 your grandpappy didn't have them and he turned out fine.
>>
Needing weather reports to survive is a fucking pussy move. A real man can deal with whatever the fuck arises.
>>
>>655426
You don't need them to survive per say but if you know a fuck xbox hueg storm is coming why would you go out?
Being caught off guard is one thing but even then you should be prepared anyway when going out.
>>
>>655426
right, but there's a difference between being able to deal with whatever happens and knowing to avoid it in the first place.
>>
it's like teenagers
'everyone says don't go out in the huge blizzard but fuck that i can take it watch me'
extreme weather BLOWS. you always have a choice whether or not to deal with it and i don't know why anyone would choose to go out in the shit just for the sake of being a fucking brochad
long term camping aside, if bad weather heads my way while /out/ i get the fuck away from it, good weather > bad weather
>>
>>655426
>hurr durr re4l men

Friendly reminder that there is absolutely nothing wrong with planning and preparedness
>>
fucking idiots. know of two guys who died the same way near me. totally preventable.
>>
>>655422
If you know that it's going to be shitty, then don't go /out/. It was pretty fucking stupid of them to go out in the storm in the first place and really fucking stupid to go out in a boat.

The first thing I thought when I saw this was, "Oh no, we lost another generic country singer."
>>
>>655422
And nothing of value was lost.
>>
>>655426

kek why don't you take a spontaneous hike in NH's White Mountains this winter then?
>>
how comes the dog survived and these 2 niggers got kilt
>>
File: outdoors.jpg (56KB, 533x431px) Image search: [Google]
outdoors.jpg
56KB, 533x431px
>>
>>655422
Literally who?
>>
Sounds like their boat capsized, they found one body, the other is still missing. I'm sure they fell in the water, and simply died of hypothermia.

The dead guys dog lived, and was by the body when search and rescue found him. Dog is fine they said.

I know personally I wouldn't be on a boat in a significant winter storm unless I had easy access back to land and somewhere warm (like a vehicle) in case I got wet. Hypothermia is no joke.
>>
>be me last summer
>camping out on friends farm
>20% chance of rain but a beautiful day out
> set up hammocks in an open ended tobacco bar
>ride quads, shoot shit, drink beer, campfire
>night rolls in, all go to sleep in hammocks
>wake up to the LOUDEST sound I've ever heard and see sparks flying
>all my buddies screaming
>shitmypants.jpg
>realize lightning struck either the barn roof or the metal tractor parked 20 feet away from me just outside the barn
>hear one buddy "OMFG I JUST GOT STRUCK BY LIGHTNING"
>everyone is screaming, still laying in hammocks bc scared (except for kid that got struck)
>just before the strike, he had gotten out to tighten up his strap
>said he saw a flame shoot up from the ground and hit his hand
>three of his fingers were jet white for 12 hours
>kid settles down after like 15 mins, ends up sleeping underneath another dudes hammock because he was so spooped

I was never the slightest bit worried about lightning until this happened. Now I try to avoid going /out/ when storms are around, but sometimes I get caught in storms while backpacking (and shit myself during).
>>
>>655559
>Dog is fine

That's good, I'm actually relieved. I hate when stupid decisions impact others.
>>655569
Who goes to sleep after being hit by lightning? And why didn't you go to the hospital? Well go when you get out of wherever you are.
>>
>>655587

>Who goes to sleep after being hit by lightning?
Someone suffering from shock.

>And why didn't you go to the hospital? Well go when you get out of wherever you are.
This, lightning can fuck you up bad, as can any electrical shock.

Also fuck lightning, it's the one weather condition that scares the fuck out of me when I'm /out/.
>>
>>655593
>Someone suffering from shock.
>shock

Kek

But yeah, lightning is no fucking joke
>>
>>655426
A real man can tell the weather without technology. And no, real men cannot deal with whatever arises. You have to be prepared and have time before-hand to have a good chance of making it through.
>>
>>655426
>plastic
You're an idiot. The only person who doesn't take all advantages when /out/ - and I'm not talking about camping in your mom's backyard - is the dead and dying one.

I don't need weather reports because I can predict the weather by looking at the clouds.

But like I said, you're an idiot.
>>
>>655426
A real man knows his limits.
>>
>>655623
>A real man can tell the weather without technology.
Not always friend
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Lakes_Storm_of_1913
>>
>>655587
We were stranded in this barn because the cars were about a half mile away, and nobody was about to hop on a quad and drive to the cars because we kept hearing lightning. We all eventually passed out and woke at the ass crack of dawn to gtfo. Struck bro hopped in his truck, drove to his house, and literally cried to his mother as he told her about it. But he said he felt fine, just scared.
>>
>>655422
Why would you want to go /out/ in shit conditions?

I love trail running, but if its above 25 degrees it starts to get unpleasant. The higher the temperature the less fun it is. Above 30 and its just an unpleasant way to get sunburnt.

Ditto camping in thunderstorms. It's just not fun.
>>
File: DSC01441.jpg (2MB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
DSC01441.jpg
2MB, 3000x2000px
Back when I first started getting into hiking, I wanted to do this local blue blazed off shoot of the AT that I only heard about and never seen on any of the maps. Was told it was a 5ish mile jug handle with lots of rocks but being in PA all of the AT can be described as "lots of rocks". Supposedly has some nice views though. Was in the middle of January and my girlfriend and I both had some time off. It's been a dry year so far and weather man said no snow till next week so me and her go and do the hike. Sure enough it's all rocks but we take our time and move along. Trail cuts along the top of a mountain line, little in the ways of shelter but we had proper clothing to deal with cold. We stop for lunch around 2pm, my best guess we are about half way through the trail. As soon as we started to eat a few snow flakes where starting to fall. By the time we finished it was snowing heavy and the trail was all slippery rocks. Our movement slowed to a crawl. Yeah know it's funny, you could look down the side of the trails (when it wasn't snowing anyways) and see highways and houses but during the snow I felt like we where in the middle of some sort of uncharted mountain. Panic did kinda get a hold of me esp when the sun went down. Had 1 flashlight with us and this was before the day and age of pocket rocket LED lights so a shit maglight is all I had.. Didn't get back to the the AT till like 10PM. Shit was so scary and we almost stopped to try and camp till daylight. By the time we hit the AT 4 inches of snow already fell and by the AM we got 8.

Here's what a lot of the trail looks like, we have since done the hike a few times but in better weather. Never let on to my girlfriend how close I thought we were to death that day. Really learned lots of respect for hiking and being /out/ that day, esp in the winter.
>>
>>655539
My son's Boys Life magazine this month had an article about a Troop that failed to make the summit, weather was turning so they went for safety. Next day a loan hiker died on their hike.
>>
>>655656
mostly but totally irrelevant here. Strickland and Morland knew and went in anyway.
Dumber than fucking mud rednecks. I hope neither of them had kids that they abandoned.
>>
>>656632
>25 degrees
That's kinda cold. You're in a redneck thread here. We speak American and Fahrenheit....
>>
>>655422
#YOLO
>>
>>655656
Oh sure, like the ONE TIME anybody goes /out/ without GPS and weather radio something bad happens!

Man, you are some kind of alarmist!
>>
>>659033
>loan hiker
>loan

I didn't know Jews hiked. I guess they'll do whatever it takes to get every last shekel.
>>
>>655555
Test
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.