[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Treasure Hunts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: IMG-20150810-WA0001.jpg (142KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20150810-WA0001.jpg
142KB, 1280x720px
I've done a few treasure hunts in my local national park that ran from one single website but I wan't to create something different, something you have to solve on the move. I did one on here and a guy actually went out and did it, even thou It was in America and I'm in the UK, he found his fathers keys under a tree.

I want to do scenarios like kidnapping and people have to follow the clues to find the victim, it'll all be light hearted, but I need ways of getting across clues, the move basic is QR codes, which give instruction, links to picture, videos which also give instruction to find another qr code of other instructions.

Can you help brainstorm ideas on how to give clues or types of clues I could use. Like ways to give a cypher and subtle ways to give a key to it? These treasure hunts will be done in a small town maybe only 4 square miles.
One idea was having a picture of the victim and they were holding a piece of paper that had a HEX code which had to be decoded, or a cypher, and somewhere in the picture there was the key to the cypher, or another clue leading the to key...

I have asked on /b/ (I know) and /diy/ for ideas and now here, as you guys will have more knowledge of working and using the environment and see it in a different ways to others.
>>
>>653502
what if your person doesn't know what a hex code is, or has a charged phone with a qr reader and data? do you just kill your kidnap victim?
>>
>>653604
Yes
>>
>>653604
it's a treasure hunt, it's a scenario, which I have thought about over today and it's not going to work like that.
Still going to be using hex, fuck i was thinking about using SSTV, if they want the money or to win, they gota fucking try, it aint no walk in the park.

>>653646
this is not the OP, but it raised a smile.
>>
>>653674
SSTV is fun.

When you wait for the image to fully form is quite exiting
>>
>>653674
make some puzzle boxes, some maps and challenges like leaving a clue at the top of a tree that they will have to climb to get.
>>
>>653895
This is my only problem I keep coming to, I do not trust the people to not destroy clues that I hide around town. Besides welding a clue to something, i can't think of another way to secure a clue, epoxy maybe?
>>
Most people will not be computer savey so it'll feel strange to them, but they might as people how to do things, that in turn will spread the word.
Point out any floors in this:

You are asked to email a person from the last game, he refuses to help unless you get him a registered name and password to a foreign banking company.
He tells you where to start buy giving you a password to a password protected site on the interwebs, thins site has a link, this link leads to a mailto: link with 6 or 7 email address, these email address all have auto reply set up on them (but they dont know that) so they get 7 emails that look like secret kinda documents or some shit.... one of these documents contains the access name and password, in French maybe? they you have to translate it.
You then have to email me and I will email you back which the information you want.

I could set up another automated reply to handle this last part, but people might just email bullshit, there for defeating the object of them having to look for it.
Yes i'de have to sit there answering all the emails but, copy, paste, send, shouldn't be to hard, depending on how many people are playing the game???
>>
>>653755
are you bald?
>>
File: image.jpg (12KB, 171x166px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12KB, 171x166px
>>653502
>that filthy gear selector
grouse cunt
>>
>>654077
I'm a fucking taxi driver, I clean it once a week, most of the colour is because it's just worn down leather.
Does it look like I give a fuck about cleanlinesses with those two in my car?
>>
>>654079
Looks like you kidnap people.
>>
>>654079
>taxi driver
poo in loo
>>
File: WP_20151018_16_21_46_Pro.jpg (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20151018_16_21_46_Pro.jpg
2MB, 3840x2160px
>>654100
I don't know what that means...

>>654095
I do not kidnap people.

I guess this thread is dead.
>>
>>654102
Just like your last victim oh sorry "fare"
>>
>>654352
nice
>>
>>654102
Do you rent out those dogs for teh sexy time or are they just 'for you' ?
>>
>>655012
They are just for me, their working days are over.
Black Sprocker was a dugs dog, then retriever then basher then used for breeding.
The ginger fuck who chewed my bag straps yesterday was a basher and breeder.

Thanks to no-one on 4chan I have decided with a direction in my games, with a main character running through the year getting you to do things for him.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.