[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

URGENT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1427243814352.png (193KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1427243814352.png
193KB, 500x500px
IS IT PLAUSIBLE FOR A GROUP OF ATHLETIC, CONDITIONED SNOWSHOERS TO SNOWSHOE 9.5 MILES ROUND TRIP IN 1 DAY?
>>
>>653351
Don't shout
>>
>>653351
Stop yelling.
>>
>>653354
>>653355
Sorry, I just am very concerned.
>>
Flat terrain , firmish snow, no problem.
>>
>>653359
Its 250 feet downhill for the first two miles and 1200 uphill for the last 3. Is it still possible to complete this trip in 6-7 hours?
>>
>>653351
if you're an athletic seasoned snowshoer, you don't need to ask this question.

The answer is that it depends on the snow, weather, and your routefinding skills.

Pls don't die.
>>
>>653367
The weather is snow showers. We have one guy with us who has done snowshoeing before, but the rest are novices. We are thinking of taking another route.
>>
>>653366
That's cutting it pretty tight.
>>
>>653371
>We have one guy with us who has done snowshoeing before, but the rest are novices.
you just said
> IS IT PLAUSIBLE FOR A GROUP OF ATHLETIC, CONDITIONED SNOWSHOERS TO SNOWSHOE 9.5 MILES ROUND TRIP IN 1 DAY?

u gonna die
>>
>>653373
O shit
>>
>>653366
Five miles in 6-7 hours with inexperienced snowshoers in firm snow to fresh powder, probably with either cheap or rented gear? Could everybody do a rising march for 7 hours? I walk a lot, and my breaking point (on dry pavement, strolling with no weight) is about fifteen miles in five hours, before I don't want to do it anymore.

It can be done if no one is a pussy who's going to whine, bringing down morale, and make everyone break too often, causing muscle stiffness. But when you travel in groups, you travel at the speed of your slowest hiker. I don't go /out/ with anyone who makes me feel like an athlete. You've got to be at least close to my level, if not past it, to hike with me.
>>
>>653379
Well I just got word that the route closed from a friend, so we have to reconsider anyways.
>>
>>653381
I'd say count on 0.5 mph average for five hours total, with an hour break for lunch in the middle. That will keep it manageable for less experienced peeps and weed out the weaklings for a longer trip later on.
>>
>>653366
What the other anon said, you are cutting it tight. If your crew is inexperienced, they will use more energy than required and tire themselves out earlier than expected.
>>
>>653373
You can be a conditioned athlete who is snowshoeing for the first time, you know. The English language does have its vagaries.
>>
>>653379
>spray harder
>>
>>653351
Yes, easily. They would need proper snowshoes for the conditions and~10kCals of protein and fats to pack, but yes. I typically cover 3 miles in 2 hours on a decent snow and shoe combo, but it makes me hungry. Energy is the limiting factor in snowshoeing. Pack food.
>>
>>653351
caps, first warning second warning is kick off this minecraft server
>>
>>653373
But, hypothermia is an elite tier way to die.

Yeah you are cold and shivering, but you can pretty quickly transition to feeling warm and comfy. With any luck there will be a couple of cute chicks in the group and you can all get into some paradoxical undressing near the end.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.