[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hiking in Norway

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

File: .jpg (327KB, 2000x868px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
327KB, 2000x868px
>Tfw not born in Norway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzOtBlMkG4g

So where have you been in Norway, what do you recommend and what is worth seeing?
>>
Bumping for interest.

When I visit I don't get out of Oslo much. I've been in Folldal, which had beautiful landscapes but I couldn't tell you where to hike.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folldal
>>
>>653075

Fixed:

>Tfw not born as Saami

Feels good man.
>>
Jotunheimen for sho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y_6oyMUVJ8
>>
File: folldalsbilder18.jpg (135KB, 650x250px) Image search: [Google]
folldalsbilder18.jpg
135KB, 650x250px
Folldal
>>
Norwegian here
Standard shit:
Besseggen
Easy.
Travel to Memurubu or Gjendeheim an walk to the other. This is in Jotunheimen. Wonderful scenery

prekestolen
trolltunga
In Lysefjorden (i think). Never been there so dont know the difficulty. Fantastic scenery in real norwegian fjord landscape. Please dont take pictures close to edge. Every year some ppl die because the photographer tells ppl to take just one step backwards.

General advise: DONT bring sandals. Dont bring trainers. Bring real hiking BOOTS with ancle support. Expect bad weather and get positively suprised.
Have a nice hiking trip.
>>
>>653259
This
>>
>>653075

>tfw 400% mad

that shit worse than icelandic rap
https://youtu.be/Bl5d1-Iih2U
>>
File: 2015-05-27 13.21.13.jpg (4MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
2015-05-27 13.21.13.jpg
4MB, 3264x2448px
Expect water. A lot of it. Coming from above, coming from below, coming from the fucking sides. If you hate getting wet don't go to norway.

Make sure to bring waterproof hiking boots as 90% of the country is some sort of swamp
>>
File: 20150809_183704.jpg (4MB, 4128x3096px) Image search: [Google]
20150809_183704.jpg
4MB, 4128x3096px
Go and visit Torghatten (pic related), it is very easy and very cool. Basiclly a hole in the side of the mountain, thru which you can pass on the other side. Easy hike and there is a neat camping spot near by.
Svartisen and Saltfjellet, the glacier and national park.
Lofoten, groupation of islands northern of Torghatten and Svartisen/Saltfjellet, very nice to see and there is also a viking museum on the islands.

Pro tip: go in tne summer and bring proper gear.
>>
>>653636
>>653669
Lets say that someone from southern Europe gets in the car, pack some equipment and goes to Norway to see the country and the fjords for a couples of days during the winter. How fucked are they?
>>
I only went to Oslo and Bergen, and hiked around the last. Took the train from oslo to bergen, and the country is beautiful, so you can go anywhere and get nice landscapes.

All the places mentioned above are nice but full of tourist, I would not go to prekestolen in the summer since the hike is too easy, but I really think I should have gone to trolltunga, but it was to far away from bergen for us.

No pic, i'm not on my PC, but the hills around Bergen were very nice, so the rest of the country is even better
>>
>>653678
Well, with the right equipment and enough money and with people that like harsh conditions and wet weather it could be nice. And it is nice, just not as nice like during the summer. I really think that for the tourists the summer is the best period. But always expect rain, no matter the season.
>>
There's a place like this in the world and it's located in Norway. Incredibly beautiful.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.