[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Christmas Gift Card

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

File: 1024px-The_North_Face_logo.svg.png (32KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1024px-The_North_Face_logo.svg.png
32KB, 1024x1024px
I received a gift card for $150 for the North Face. I typically only really buy Arcteryx clothing, and most of my backpacks are for specific needs from other companies. What do I spend it on? I always thought TNF was a brand for rich people to pretend they do outdoor stuff.
>>
>>652839
> always thought
> like dead bird isn't

Assuming.
>>
>>652845
I've only owned dead bird, and I use it literally everyday. My rampart pants are my tech pants I wear at work. They have outlasted all my 5'11's and other brands typically recommended in my industry. I've climbed hiked and done other things in them. I get its expensive but I'm very happy with the quality and ruggedness of the products. If your saying TNF is equivalent and quality that's one thing, I just don't know, if your saying dead bird is shit, then I want to know what you think is good quality.
>>
File: camping.jpg (147KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
camping.jpg
147KB, 960x720px
>>652839
>for rich people

My VE-24 is almost 30 years old. you'll find that TNF gear holds up well. Some of the the clothes may be shit that hipsters buy just for the label.
I'm curious what your specific backpack needs are; Sounds like an interesting /out/ story to tell. even so the sleeping bags & tents TNF makes are worth the money.
>>
>>652857
So tents and sleeping bags are g2g?

I have done a lot of back country hunts, as well as been offroading etc etc. Ive just collected varius brands of bags and shoveddifferent things inside of them till I find the potimal purpose for that bag. my GR Bullet 10 fits my spotting scope, navigation info, camera, tripod, shooting sticks, a camelbak and still has some room for additional stuff. I have an arcteryx sling bag thats perfect for a harness, some trad climbing gear, and has ice pick holders on the front. I use a Eberlestock and a Kuiu for back country hunts. I have a lot more bags but those are the mostly used. I use a TNF Recon 9rom 2008 I think) as my medic kit/aid station I keep in my car.
>>
>>652848
Exponential increases in price for linear increases in quality applies well to Arc'teryx, although the same doesn't apply for TNF because you're largely paying for their brand name. (yea the arc'teryx name has a premium as well, but in general they are top tier for most of their products)

If you're willing to pay for top quality, then arc'teryx is great. (although most of their production has shifted to China) TNF quality keeps on degrading despite the heavy marketing they push on consumers. But you're correct that TNF is now a faux-luxury brand, although not for the rich by a long shot.

Regarding your question though, as to what to spend it on....now I mad, do you really have to ask what to spend your money on? You already know quality is beneath Arc'teryx, if you need something, just fucking buy it.
>>
>>652859
My real question is more towards, is there anything TNF makes worth considering buying. Like I wont get the clothes due to what we addressed. But if they make particularly good tents, or if they have name brand climbing gear or etc etc.
>>
>>652845
My Atom LT is the best, most versatile jacket I have ever owned.
>>
>>652861
I actually have a few North Face pieces if clothing, and I really like them. I understand most of TNF is more /fa/ than /out/, but they still have some nice stuff.

My favorite thing I have is the Denali vest. Nice heavy fleece vest with nylon shoulders. I have it in black so it's not real flashy.

Also have a polyester zip hoodie in navy blue. Nothing special, just fits really well and seems made well.

Their tents are noce, sleeping bags too. Anything Summit Series by them is still considered high end and is pretty well reviewed for /out/ stuff.

For $150 you could get some stuff on clearance from them. A few base layers, maybe some shirts or pants. They make some decent stuff, even if it may be a little expensive for what it is. All the stuff I own has been gifted to me.
>>
>>652861
Just stick with Coleman or caughlins
>>
>>652861

TNF base camp duffels are still the best, despite being widely copied.

Also North Face = Smartwool, so you could always stock up on good socks and baselayers.
>>
>>652839
Just buy 150 bucks worth of thermal undies. North face has been slipping But you can't fuck up long John silver's.

In regards to dead bird, they really are the best. I have a bunch of their LEAF gear for hiking and decided to buy a few of their factory seconds, literally cannot tell the difference on my end, makes me wonder I spent so much money on their regularly priced stuff. Their QC is impressive despite the production shift to south America and China.
>>
>>653442
This long john silver meme needs to end immediately

They're long johns.

They're not a fast food chain, they're not a pirate. Stop it.
>>
>>653444
>Anon needs to cut some of that salt out of his long John silvers
>>
>>652861
base camp duffel bag
>>
>>653449
This coming from someone who probably wears their long johns with no underwear like a fucking crazy person.
>>
>>653468
I wear boxer briefs under mine. I know I should just wear briefs, but boxer briefs really streamline my logistics.

I ain't gonna let my expensive long John silver's touch my asshole.
>>
>>653444
>No fun allowed
>>
>>653474
What are you gay?
>>
>>653520
What are you, straight?
>>
>>653468
What?! They're underwear that are just longer. Why would you wear more underwear under them?
>>
>>654013
Because they are usually pretty pricey man, and you don't want to stink them up. My arcteryx long John silvers are 140 bucks a pair.
>>
>>654124
But they are designed to work next to your skin. It's like buying a nice base layer top and wearing a layer under it.
>>
>>653444
>on /sp/
>some anon asks if ngl players wear long john silvers under uniforms in cold weather
>/sp/ reacts accordingly

Nice to know im not the only /sp/artan sc/out/
>>
>>654013
Underwear are to prevent your butthole and wiener from rubbing all over your clothes.

Long johns are for keeping your legs warm. They aren't made to contain the horror that is your genitals and butthole.
>>
>>654888
It was also a huge discussion on a thread here a few weeks ago.
>>
>>654938
My wiener and butthole are quite clean, thank you very much.
>>
>>652857
That 4 season tent with 4 poles look heavy as shit.
>>
>>654951
>5 pounds is heavy to a mangina
>>
>>654999
Really? For a tent of that size and with so many poles?
>>
>>654940
According to you they are.

Now walk around for 8 hours and see how stank your b-hole is.

Take a tissue and wipe your ass. Now smell that tissue. It will smell like shit unless you're fresh out of the shower. Now that's what your long johns smells like. Your butthole is a never ending nightmare of shit smelling foulness that never ceases.

Don't be a monster. Protect your long johns from your wretched stink hole.

Don't even get me started about ball sweat on long johns.
>>
>>652839

Honestly OP you could find quite a bit of stuff that's good. TNF is mostly a fashion brand now, but they have some cool stuff still.

Why not get a nice fleece beanie. I lone a light fleece hat. Get some gloves, maybe a baselayer. Could even find a decent pair of boots. Even just a simple hoodie from TNF is pretty nice. Doesn't have to be GOAT tier /out/ stuff. Nothing wrong with a simple North Face hoodie for wearing around town, or hiking.
>>
>>652845
>>652848
Pardon my ignorance, but what is dead bird?
>>
>>653467
this
>>
>>655128
re-read the first 5 posts of the thread/lurk more friend
>>
>>655128
Dead bird refers to the logo of the outdoors equipment company arcteryx, which prominently features the fossil of an ancient bird.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.