[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

UK knife general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

Question for British anons, I know you are supposed to bin that knife but are you still allowed to own an /out/knife? How do your basic camp craft, like say you have to cut some paracord do you use a sharp rock? Or take it into town to an approved cordage cutter?
>>
you're allowed a fucking knife, you only get in trouble if you're seen with it in the middle of a town like a retard
>>
>>652508

Here you go.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ceFfbCQa618
>>
>>652523
Or if it's in your glove compartment when the police pull you over for speeding.
>>
>>652572
>>652523
So you can own a knife but never take it outside?
>>
>>652508
I could go over the char' count per post 10x over here..and as much as I think MCQ is a tit he is giving good advice, and is correct in what he's saying here.

In a nutshell. Read the fuck up- specifically section 139 of the criminal justice act 1988, also read up and understand how legislation works, and how acts are not laws and are enforced differently.

If the knife is immediately foldable (no locking mech' so slipjoints, friction folders etc) and has a blade under 3 inches you don't need to give a reason why you have it.

Fixed blades of any size/locking folders of any size need a good reason to be carried. in /out/ context hobby use is an accepted reason- obviously be sensible, don't wave it around like a tit, and carrying an esee junglas to 'butter my sarnies' isn't going to fly

Never allow the knife to be described as a weapon, or describe it as one yourself (covering the intent clause in current legislation) this is one that is frequently pushed by the fuzz

bottom line is weigh it up....

Are you really going to encounter a copper in the middle of Hiraethog Forest, when you're the with a packload of /out/ paraphernalia? are you fuck.

Are you really going to get stopped and searched if you're not acting a tit walking through town? Maybe- but it's very, very unlikey.
>>
omfg retards, retards everywhere.

tl;dr UK knife law -

LEGAL TO CARRY WITHOUT JUSTIFICATION: sub 3'' blade and without a locking mechanism

LEGAL TO CARRY WITH JUSTIFICATION: locking blades, fixed blades, etc

ILLEGAL TO CARRY: automatic knives, daggers, balisongs, push knives (basically: weapons)

It's really not complicated.

When I go /out/ I carry a khukri, a fixed knife, a locking knife and sometimes an axe. Zero problems ever.

A little note tho= PERCEPTION is everything, including on what is legal. I used to EDC a spyderco UKPK but because it LOOKED illegal it drew attention. I now carry a sodbuster style knife and no one bats an eye.
>>
>>652759
Calm your tits m8

Question regarding justification: so you have your fixed blade in a sheath on your belt and you are walking on a footpath or at a campsite. Some faggot sees it and you tell him
>I carve whistles or I'm cutting up rabbit pelts later

Do you have to fill out a form and get a permission slip?

I would imagine the typical campsite in the USA would have a few axes or Bowie knives around and even little kids have knives geez that sounds like it would be a national scandal there
>>
>>652813
In a campground in gonna guess you can carry a fixed blade with no hassle. Seems like a place where one could need it.

...i mean, Johnny trailer the next site over probably has bigger knives with him for cooking his steak.
>>
>>652813

m8 you're the one asking retarded questions that a simple google search would answer for you.

Who cares if someone sees you? As long as you're within the law it doesn't matter does it?

I've camped in policed areas (loch lomond area) and have had police officers come check out our camp. Never a problem re axes or knives. The closest I've had to a problem is a park ranger questioning one of my friends for carrying a felling axe (as obviously felling green wood is frowned upon)

Why would you need a permission slip? How old are you? Fucking kiddy questions..
>>
>>652508
Carry a 5 inch wide chisel. Fuck the police. It isnt. A knife. Lel.
>>
File: British Navy+Army Knife.jpg (77KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
British Navy+Army Knife.jpg
77KB, 500x500px
>>652759
>LEGAL TO CARRY WITHOUT JUSTIFICATION: sub 3'' blade and without a locking mechanism
>LEGAL TO CARRY WITH JUSTIFICATION: locking blades, fixed blades, etc

The caveat being that UK cops can still seize those otherwise perfectly legal knives without giving any kinda reason and while you can get them back, you'll have to deal with all the rigmarole that comes with dealing with the cops.
>>
>>652944

Don't be stupid - they can't seize it without reason.

Next you'll be telling people they can search you without reason.
>>
>>652938

Yeah and if you don't have a good reason at that point it's considered a WEAPON.

Jesus the misinformation...
>>
>>652944
>The caveat being that UK cops can still seize those otherwise perfectly legal knives without giving any kinda reason
The fuck? Do you think the cops can just detain you in the street for no reason, search you without cause and decide to take something you legally posess just for shits and gigs? No m8.
You can carry a -3" folder pretty much anywhere and the cops can't do jack unless you're posing a threat to someone.

If you've got something bigger than that on you and you (somehow) find yourself getting hassled by the fuzz you have to give them a reason why you're carrying it. "I'm heading to [X] woods for the afternoon" is all you need to say. If there's no other reason to detain you they send you on your way.
It'd be nice to just be able to swan around town with a bowie knife on my belt because muh freedoms but if I'm allowed to it means Tyrone and his mates are allowed to as well. Fuck that noise.
I've been carrying big blades /out/ all over the UK for nearly 20 years and I've never been without a folder for even longer and I've been pulled by the cops a few times while driving to a location. Never been arrested, never had anything confiscated, never been detained for longer than it took to write me a ticket for not wearing a seatbelt.
Those laws are in place to fuck with darkies and chavs in urban areas. No cop in Christendom gives a fuck if a citizen in good standing is taking a cutting tool with them when they go /out/.
>>
>>652994

Finally someone with a bit of sense in this thread.
>>
File: 1346299499713.jpg (103KB, 560x440px) Image search: [Google]
1346299499713.jpg
103KB, 560x440px
>>652508
TFW in Canada having a knife is like having a belt. TFW I can walk into canadian tire and buy a machete and you can't really even use a machete for anything here.
>>
>>653002
so could I, many places sell them. Knife laws are massively exaggerated. as long as you're not a chav in a city or currently being arrested and searched because of an assault charge, you have nothing to worry about.
>>
I'll ignore this is probably a bait thread and summarize;

You can have anything if you have a reason to have it, (going innawoods anything you'd need is fine)

Don't have it visible in town or in your belt or similar.

Essentially if you can convince them it's for a legit reason and not a weapon you are fine.

I carry machetes to the woods on the bus etc but they are in my pack, when I reach the woods I get it out. Dog walkers don't bat an eyelid if the cops came I'd be fine.

If I walked through town on the way to the woods wth it on my belt, they would ask why is it on your belt not in your bag. I'd have no good excuse and have it confiscated/be in trouble.

For Americans think of it like open carrying, have it on you, don't be a dickhead with you and no one cares
>>
>>653740
>can convince them
This just leads to insecurity. Who says that "bushcrafting" is a legit reason? So you have a hunting license but you are not hunting right now -- is this a reason or do you lose your license? What's with fishing? Who decides? A judge? Police?
>>
>>653770
>>652994 Summed it up; those laws are in place to fuck with nig nogs and urban yoofs. The cops don't give a shit if a real person is going innawoods with a knife.
Are you carrying it in pursuit of your hobby? If the answer's yes then that's a valid reason.
If you're not some kind of cunt then you won't come into contact with the polis anyway. If by some chance you do, they'll ask you why you're carrying it and you just have to explain that you need it for [reason] and off you go.

If you're some scummy looking cunt in a tracksuit who is already known to the police and you're wandering around with a meat cleaver in your waistband "I need it for bushcrafting like that Bear Grylls cunt innit m8" isn't going to wash and you can expect the cops to fuck you over.
If you're a real person going about your lawful business while carrying a knife intended for a purpose they couldn't care less.
It's basic common sense. The cops don't care if a chef is carrying his knives to work or a landscaper has a billhook or a fisherman or a bushcrafter is carrying their respective knives while they go about their business. They only care about sketchy motherfuckers carrying knives as weapons. That's the long and short of it.

I don't know how to explain the situation any more simply than that, so if you're still struggling to grasp it you'll have to ask someone else to draw you some crayon diagrams or something.
>>
>>653782
So if a cop decides I'm "sketchy" I'll get fined. Or worse. Great!
>>
>>653785
If you act like a cunt you get fucked.
>>
>>653787
Or if you look like an immigrant, have long hair, wear camo, are at the wrong place at the wrong time...
>>
>>653790
I always wear camo innawoods and my hair is nearly down to my arse. Never had any hassle from the cops and I take some fucking mammoth killing blades out with me.
Try again.
>>
>>653792
But it's still possible to get fucked just for looks. And that's some kind of innaceptable jurisdiction. An innercity knife ban, -- ok, ban for a certain age group -- no problem. But "we judge your reasons for carrying on the spot" poses a huge problem imho. We have similar problems in Germany so it's only safe carries a sub 12cm fixed blade without needing a reason.
>>
>>653796
They make an assessment on the spot.
If you somehow come to the attention of the police while carrying your blade and come off as a decent human being who is carrying your knife for a legitimate purpose they'll send you on your way.
If you somehow come to the attention of the police while carrying your blade and come off as a scumbag who has no intention of using it for lawful purposes they'll pull you in rather than just letting you carry on.

As long as it's only coons and cunts getting the shit end of the stick while real people like me are left to enjoy the countryside I have no problem with it.
>>
>>653801
I never had problems with the police whatsoever. But hypothetically I could lose my hunting license if some officer has a bad day and I carry a 12,00001 cm filleting knife while fishing. That's simply not acceptable. And you British guys get it even worse.
>>
>>653813
Considering the fact that I don't need a license to "hunt" game here I don't see how. lol ("Hunting" over here implies a pack of hounds and a bunch of posh twats on horseback. Normal folk bagging game with a gun just refer to it as "shooting".)

Provided that what I'm shooting is in open season (where applicable), isn't a protected species and I'm on the land legally I can pretty much do what I like. No licenses needed. (Other than my shotgun certificate of course.)
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.