[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats the best slide in camper for trucks? Im looking to buy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

Whats the best slide in camper for trucks? Im looking to buy one that comes with electric outlets, a kitchen, a single bed, and a toilet. it has to be under $1200.
>>
>>651544
>it has to be under $1200
Craigslist.org//hopeitsnotatotalpieceofshit

You can't get much camper for that little money. Go used or go up in price.
>>
>>651544
1200 buys you a rotten piece of crap from the 60s.

[spoiler]do you just mean a shell?[/spoiler]
>>
>>651554
Shell is fine desu.
>>
>>651555
>Shell is fine desu.
You're aware a shell is literally just a hard cover for the bed right?

As the other anons said, you need to be looking at five times that price to get anything decent.
>>
File: IMG_20150815_122505.jpg (2MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150815_122505.jpg
2MB, 2048x1536px
> $1200

Gets you a diy trailer and all the pride that goes with doing it yourself!
>>
>>651754
Even that exceeds $1200 in materials, unless you steal or scavenge a good portion of them.
>>
A decent slide in truck camper like you describe will be around $15,000. Not $1500.

That's for a used one.
>>
>buying trailers when there are literally millions of them laying around
>>
>>651804
Hiw do you propose convincing their owners to part with them?

In the case of da gubmit, they have thousands of acres covered with the things and they auction off only a relatively small few at a time, which keeps the prices high.

The owners of all the privately held ones I know if seem happy to let them rot from disuse rather than take less than what they think is market value.

>I'll give you $1500 for that trailer you haven't used in 5 years
>No way, it is worth $5000 at least
>It needs work and who do you know who will give you $5000? I have the cash here and now.
>No I'll put it on Craigslist or summat

1 year later trailer still there conversation repeats. Done this a half dozen times.
>>
>>651816
Having a big was of $20 bills in hand helps. Count them slowly and watch people's minds change. That said, some people have that mentality and just won't sell.
>>
>>651754
>pride
kek
>>
>>651816
Just go to a neighboring town and take one. It's 2015. time to abandon outdated concepts like morality. You wouldn't lay down your jacket so some hamplanet didn't have to soil her fuzzy slippers would you? What would Obama's son do?

PS: get the one you want not some crappy hulk. You deserve it.
>>
>>651880
I see what you are up to.
You are pretty transparent anon.
You are not smart enough to get up to anything clever.
>>
File: Aliner 100_687.jpg (292KB, 1428x599px) Image search: [Google]
Aliner 100_687.jpg
292KB, 1428x599px
>>651544
> slide in camper for trucks

IMO the best choice is a trailered camper, as this allows you to set up the camper and still use the truck to go to a scenic site, hit the grocery store or a restaurant, do on a wood run, etc. without having to pack up the entire camp and secure all your stuff before driving off, plus you retain the bed of the truck for gear and whatnot.
>>
>>651992
Slide in campers generally have jacks on each side that allow the unit to be supported independent from the truck. So the truck can be moved without moving the whole camper unit.
>>
>>651992
Although I agree on using a trailer... I have one myself. It's just better unless you're doing some off roading. In which case a slide in unit works better.
>>
>>652008
>>651992
Love my popup. Tows easy, sets up in less than 30 minutes, has an AC so my wife's MS doesn't kick her ass so badly. It also sleeps 11 if you don't mind being a bit crowded, or 6 very comfortably. AC doesn't work innawoods, though. Need AC for the AC.
>>
>>651992
If I came across that at a campground, what would stop me from attaching it to my vehicle and driving off?
>>
File: nopenigga.jpg (20KB, 360x288px) Image search: [Google]
nopenigga.jpg
20KB, 360x288px
>>652087
>>
File: IMG_0044.gif (1MB, 222x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0044.gif
1MB, 222x200px
>>651544
>it has to be under $1200.
>>
File: Starcraft RT10 _8d23124604_b.jpg (493KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Starcraft RT10 _8d23124604_b.jpg
493KB, 1024x768px
>>652006
>Slide in campers generally have jacks on each side that allow the unit to be supported independent from the truck.

Those are for storage (another issue trailers are better at then slide-ins) and not very practical inna woods.

>>652008
>It's just better unless you're doing some off roading.

You can off-road with a trailer, unless we're talking radical rock-crawling type of off-roading.
>>
>>652103
Is there really no way to defeat that? Couldn't I just tie some tow straps on and haul it away to my secret warehouse and cut that thing off?
>>
>>652266
Not really. And in the time it would take you to somehow nigger-rig to something you obviously didn't own somebody in the campground would have you lying face down at gunpoint waiting on the cops.
>>
>>652268
The politically correct phrase is african engineering.
>>
>>652181
I mean a travel trailer. A pop-up is different.

The average travel trailer has terrible clearances, and an off road trail will literally rattle the walls apart.

Even in the picture you posted, my travel trailer would never be able to make it there.
>>
>>652087
Pride, one would hope.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.